Exposed (CS)

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Brushing past Woohyun was Bora gliding through the cool blue waters of the swimming pool. Both friends woke up early to meet up for their usual practice of exercising together.

They usually do this twice a week in L Empire’s private Country Club, open only to VVIP members and L Enterprise employees, to stretch and work their muscles. But lately because of their busy college schedules they hardly meet up for their usual exercise routine. This is just one of the many common interests that they share together, which they can’t really share with their other friends who were not as active in sports as both of them.

Coming out for air, Bora held on the stoned edge of the pool. Looking behind her, she could not see Woohyun. Not until she felt a hand slapping her , only then Woohyun come up for air laughing at his erted move. Flipping her hair on her shoulders Bora looked at Woohyun with irritation written on her wet glistened eyes.

“What?!” Woohyun asked shrugging his shoulders. “I could not help it your looked so cute with those tight swim shorts!”

Slapping his chest, Bora pushed Woohyun to the stoned edge of the pool.

“OUCH!” Woohyun exclaimed, holding unto his lower back as he rubbed it easing the pain that the stoned pool caused.

“You deserve it! You’re such a ert!” Bora retorted. “Nam Woohyun will never change, how will you get respected innocent IU with those y ways of yours.”

“YAH! I will never show my y ways to IU. I would act as a perfect gentleman around her….” Woohyun told Bora”….well unless I just can’t help it, the devil inside me will be unleashed.”

“I see looks like you have it bad for her.” Bora quipped winking at Woohyun as she pushed herself up off the pool.

“Hey what does that mean?” Woohyun looking up at Bora from the pool, “I am pretty sure I don’t have it bad. I just like the challenge of the chase and nothing more. Once I have her, in two months I will get bored of her and move on to my next target.” A little bit disturbed by Bora’s accusation, Woohyun decided to divert his thoughts in swimming back to the other direction of this Olympic size pool.

Shaking her head and rolling her eyes “In denial.” Bora muttered to herself.  Bora walked to the lounge chair that had her robe, towel and Chanel pouch. Wearing the robe and drying her hair with the towel she looked at her phone on the table that had one notification alert on its screen.

Opening the notification an article from Spotted about L and Suzy flashed on the screen. That brought a giddy smile on her lips. Ever since she can remember sparking love was flying towards Suzy from L’s direction. Her best friend was just too blind to notice and L was pretty good with keeping his feelings to himself. Half of the time Bora never knew what was going through that pretty little head of his. But she always had this inkling feeling that he was head over heels for her bff.  The biggest thing that was stopping L was Lee Sungyeol. And as if in good timing or perhaps in God’s timing, Lee Sungyeol appeared before Bora. Not exactly a few inches in front of Bora, more like a few meters before Bora. Lee Sungyeol was standing on the edge of the diving board across her, with all his tall tanned and muscled glory.

An audible gasp came out from Bora’s lips seeing the view before her. She never pictured Sungyeol as being manly. He was quite muscled before but something was new….”Ahhhh his tan and new haircut.” Bora pointed out noticing the change finally.

Another change was not so apparent the tense curl in the middle of his eyebrow that was never there before. Lee Sungyeol is worried, stressed and perhaps even angry. That was why he was standing on this board to redirect his emotions in the task of swimming. He did not even notice the people around him since he was just focused on jumping and submerging his body in water. He was not aware that across him was Bora watching him with renewed interest.

Bora grinning mischievously, as Sungyeol wade his way from one end of the pool to the other, a devious thought came across her mind. “How interesting it would be once Sungyeol reads this article. It will ruin that boy’s composure that was hanging by a thread by now. The ironed, gentleman, golden boy will snap finally and his rebellious tyrant ways from a year ago will be unveiled again. Another irrational move will be coming from him in which he will regret again for a long time.” Rubbing her arms to stop the goose bumps that were crawling under her skin because of those thoughts, Bora decided to leave the premises. Grabbing her stuff she went in the women’s locker room, dialling someone’s number on her phone.

)-------------(

His head on the desk with a stack of photos on his forehead, L was still in his office since last night’s photo shoot. He was doing an overnighter to finish editing the photos for the Magazine’s next issue and photos for an ad campaign for a new jewellery designer, J.Y Makitalo , that the advertising firm of L enterprise accepted. He had to juggle his schedule at the University and his job at L Enterprise for the past month. At first he was handling the stress and work load for both quite smoothly but now his body was complaining; he was exhausted.  To top it all off the main reason he did not want to go home is to avoid his father who was pressuring him to do something he did not want to be involved in or part of. 

L was startled by the loud ringing of his mobile phone, clearing his throat before answering it, “Hello? Uhhhh…What? Yes I just woke up. What do you want?”

“WOW, what a nice way to say hello.” Bora sarcastically said on the other line. L responded with a loud gruff. “Grumpy in the morning eh? Have you seen the article in Spotted? SS just did you a favour. SS did a love confession for you that you had a hard time doing in years.”

“What!? What are you talking about?” L responded.

“You know your love for a certain Ms. Bae Suzy. SS just declared it to the nation.” Bora mocked L.

Clicking on the Spotted website on his MAC-Pro desktop, L checked the article in which he was the main topic along with Suzy.

While on the other line Bora continued getting on his nerves. “Did you see the article? I must say those eyes of yours can never lie. It’s always been your vice those expressive orbs. I saw that exact look 5 years ago. The first time you lay them on Suzy.”

“What? When was that?” L now irritated audibly shouted at Bora.

“Hush. Calm down. It would be hopeless to deny it. I’ve always known your feelings towards Suzy. Maybe even before you knew it yourself, I have the knack of reading people, especially boys. Your type of specie is very transparent unlike women.”

“Whatever. Let’s say you’re right but you have no right in meddling with my affairs. I’m not Woohyun who will fall for your brewing conspiracies between people. Also, playing cupid does not suit you.” L returned.

“I’m not here to play cupid. I’m here to cheer you on. So if you want Suzy go get her and I might be a willing helping hand for my friend’s happiness. Let’s say it’s payback for being an instrument in mending things with Suzy and me.” Bora interjected

“AHHH…Bora the helper does not suit you either. Let’s be honest if I get Suzy you get Sungyeol for yourself. Isn’t this your purpose? Your one of those rare women which my specie can easily read, I’ve also known your feelings towards Sungyeol.” L bluntly pointed out.

“Whatever Mr. Snappy, I have no interest towards Sungyeol what so ever. My feelings for him has changed from love to pity. So either you take my offer of help or leave it.” Bora retorted back.

“I’d rather have you concentrate on your own life while I’ll deal with my own matters. Goodbye!” L ending the conversation told Bora. Pressing on the red phone icon, L placed his phone back on the table. Leaning back on the swivel leather chair, L closed his eyes going back to a scene in where he first met Suzy.”

-L’s Flashback-

It was his 15th birthday in where his father decided to throw a party calling it his welcoming to society or his transition to manhood. After this birthday he will finally live life normally and outside the walls of this mansion.  

He was home schooled all throughout kindergarten to today. He was groomed and trained in becoming what his father wanted him to be, his successor. Starting tomorrow he will be going to a regular school with boys his age even though another training ground set up by his father for him. He did not care he was just happy that he will be out. The only social life he’d ever have was the regular visits of the Lee cousins in their house and the weekend day outs with his mother ever since the divorce.

Although, tonight on his 15th birthday he will have his first ever big social gathering and that made him really nervous. That’s why when he was standing by the door receiving guests with his father he had his eyes glued on his shoes not even looking  up once at the faces of the guests. But once Suzy entered with her family the first thing that attracted him was her smell of cotton candy vanilla and her exceptionally sparkling silver shoes.

“Jun Ki ah!” L heard his father exclaimed. Hugging the man he called. “It’s nice that you made it even with your busy schedule. I see you brought you beautiful wife and princess of a daughter.”

“It’s always a pleasure to go to your social parties my friend. So you’re finally introducing your son to the public. I hope all this attention won’t freak him out.” L feeling that he was being stared at by this elder he finally lifted his chin meeting the man’s gaze.

“I see that your son was brought up nicely. His got a quite princely demeanour. You groomed the Prince of L.” Laughing and patting his friend’s shoulder. Mr. Bae gazed at L again before walking towards the ballroom followed by Mrs. Bae who followed him while their daughter Suzy remained rooted on the floor staring at L.

L feeling the heat of Suzy’s stare, decided to direct his gaze towards her and it’s underrated to say that he was not ready for emotional shock of this encounter. Once their gaze met L’s heart started hammering in his chest. His mouth slightly gaped open.

This was the first for him to see a real, life size beautiful girl. He’s seen women in the streets of Seoul or in television but never this beautiful. Maybe his vision was bias only towards this girl but then that’s what he was feeling. But it looks like this girl was not returning the same compliment to L. Since she had this hostile expression in her irises, crossing her arms on her chest Suzy looked at L’s Italian dress shoes to the styled tips of his hair.

“You look good to me.” Suzy stated suddenly

“What?” L asked his ears turning red.

“I mean you look well to me and you’re quite healthy. So why does Sungyeol have to come to your house to play?” Suzy stared again from his feet to the tips of his hair.

“I don’t get it. What do you mean by…and why are you staring at me like that?” L a little taken back by hostility of “his” beauty

“I was just taking a good look at my rival for Sungyeol Oppa’s attention.” Suzy said before turning her heel and following her parents that went in the ballroom.

L was left standing there following Suzy’s form with his eyes until someone tapped him on his shoulder.

“Hi I’m Bora shi! That was my best friend Bae Suzy. It’s nice to finally see you in person and up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter