Found

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“One Notification Pending”, coming out of the shower wearing only his MarcoMarco boxers and a towel on his head. Lee Sungyeol grabbed his IPhone7, opening the notification, flashing on his screen was a Spotted article with Kim Myungsoo at its headline. A surprised look came across his features and then anger came creeping in. Gripping the towel hanging on his head, he tossed it angrily on the floor, exclaiming “What the hell! This guy disappears without telling anyone and now he appears without notifying a soul, not even me!?!”

Dialling Myungsoo’s number he decided to give his best friend a piece of his mind. But then, he ended up transferred, to yet again,  his friend’s voice mail.

“Where the hell are you!? Tell me now I’m going to you.” Going towards his walk in closet he started grabbing random clothes to wear. Grabbing the keys to his Jaguar he left the house without greeting his parents in the dining room who were leisurely eating breakfast and staring after him with a worried look. Since, their son is walking out of the house, going out in public wearing a hideous outfit.

 

-10 minutes and 40 seconds before the article was released-

Garbed in black Versace & Dolce eyewear, Kim Myungsoo or known as L stepped out of a bus with only a Prada backpack in tow. Clasping the straps of his backpack, tilting his head backwards, and taking a deep breath, he muttered to himself. “Here we go!” Getting rid of the rebel cap he was wearing, he stuffed it in his bag and ruffled his hair. Rewarding himself with another deep breath he walked forward to the busy streets of Seoul, Korea. Whistling the tune to Bigbang’s Bad boy, L looked around him and heard a “Click” sound another 2 followed after. He spotted a photographer behind a tree; he pretended not to notice and walked on, thinking “Let’s see how fast Abuji works.”

Ten strides later a black Hummer came screeching and stopping in front of him, the door opened revealing his Father’s personal assistant Mr. Park Jin on the passenger’s seat. “Get in, young master.” He said after bowing his head in greeting.

Smirking and cocking his head, L, looking at Mr. Park Jin tossing his backpack in the car. “I missed you too, Jin.” He sarcastically said.

Getting in the car and closing the car door behind him, he looked at his watch. “Jin, although your aging looks like you’re getting faster at this, in picking me up out of trouble.” Leaning comfortably in the car seat, L closed his eyes, obviously tired from his trip.

“I miss this.” Startling Jin who thought he was already asleep. “You miss what young master?” Jin asked.

“The luxury of sitting in a comfortable car, although it was good to experience the world alone, I think I was right in agreeing to the deal my father made with me. Don’t you think?” Removing the shades he was wearing, he looked at Jin.

Without looking at him and keeping his focus on his IPad, Jin responded “If you think it’s the right decision then I trust your judgement, young master.”

Leaning towards Jin and then hesitating L put his shades back on and leaned back on the chair. “You’re good Jin that’s why my father kept you for all these years. You don’t have bias answers and yet you don’t take sides either.” Crossing his arms on his chest, L decided to sleep through the trip to his father’s house.

)-------------(

“Sunday mornings are awesome!” IU declared; looking across her she could see Suzy concentrating on the book she was reading. They were having breakfast in a cosy café at Shangri La Hotel and after a hearty meal they decided to do their own separate things.

 “Is that any good?” IU asked suddenly, trying to get the attention of her friend.

Placing the book on the coffee table, Suzy responded, “If you like plots about scandalous love affairs then you’ll love the book.”

Puzzled, IU asked. “Then why are you reading it?”

“Hmm..” Looking up Suzy was thinking why she enjoyed the book. “Well because the way the writer told the story was interesting. Her form of writing is rather old but then the idea or plot was rather modern. It’s a good mix and she knows how to use words.”

Peaking at the cover IU saw the title. “Dangerous Liasons? It’s a rather bold title for a book. If I was caught reading that, my mother, she’d get in my case.”

“What do you usually read?” Suzy asked curiously, leaning her torso forward and placing her knuckles under her chin. She looked at IU expectantly.

“More on the line of inspirational and how to books”, crinkling her nose she looked at Suzy embarrassingly. “I know it’s rather boring. But then I’ve been reading a lot of these online articles that Sunngyu Oppa recommended.”

“What is it?” Suzy asked, bending forward and grasping the handle of her coffee mug. She took a sip of her latte.

“It’s rather interesting actually, reading stories about people in real life. It’s like getting to know more about them and uncovering all the layers that they place in front of them to prevent other people to look inside on who or what they really are.  I bet on my money that it’s far more interesting than that book you’re reading.” Looking at Suzy mischievously, IU continued. “I’ve been reading articles about you and everyone in Spotted.”

Placing the mug on her chest, “You’re what?” Suzy reacted. “I stopped reading those almost 2 years ago since some of things the writer was saying are rather exaggerated.”

“Really? I’ve met most of you already and some are rather spot on.” IU pointed out. “There’s a new one that came out…” Pausing to open the page….

Suzy bent forward and was about to place her mug back to its saucer when she heard IU saying. “It’s about this L character that came back to Korea and….”

CLANG! IU looking up saw that the mug Suzy was holding was now on the table spilling its contents, and her friend was busy rummaging through her Chanel bag for a pack of Kleenex. Finding it, Suzy started cleaning the mess she made. “What were you saying about L?”

“Do you need help? Are you okay?” IU said with worry.

“I’m okay, don’t worry about me. You were saying?” Suzy poached on.

“This L of L Enterprise came back to Korea. I also know in past articles that this person owns L Magazine, which is really awesome since I always wanted to work at a style Magazine……”

Suzy who was not hearing anything anymore except her heart beating fast, stopped listening to IU.

“When was the last time I saw him again?  Two months ago in Paris. How could I forget it was the best day in my life?”  Suzy remembering in her head, “What was it he said when we parted….. “Suzy ah, it was nice that you found me but for the record what happened in Paris wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter