Jilted Twice (C)

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Flash after flash from cameras was the greeting L got as soon as Seo Joohyun grabbed his arm on the red carpet. Due to the endless flashing of the cameras, he could not get a glimpse of Suzy the lights were blinding him. He stormed through the red carpet practically dragging Joohyun along with him so he could catch Suzy and explain the situation. But as soon as he saw a view of the platform Suzy was no longer in sight.

He turned to face the press again to fulfil his obligation as he smiled and waved at them; and went back at storming into the direction of the theatre entrance with Joohyun still clasping on his arm. He went through security procedures painstakingly irritated because it slowed him down. He studied the crowd and only found IU with her other group mates being interviewed by a TV host but Suzy was nowhere to be found.  As he was about to storm to another direction, Seo Joohyun held him in place grasping his arm with both of hands catching her breath.

L finally directed his attention to his companion who had her head down her ironed straight light brown hair covering her face. Normalizing her breathing she straightened her spine uncovering her face from dark curtain of her hair.

She glared at L. “You do know I came from a 12 hour flight from London and this is the welcome you’re giving me?!” Noticing the crowd directing their attention to them she lowered her voice. “I mean can’t you stop dragging me in circles and kindly bring me in the theatre where I can sit comfortably and enjoy the show.” Joohyun said through gritted teeth. 

L looked directly at Joohyun, with her heels and tall height they were eye level to each other. Swallowing his anger, L ironed the crinkles on his coat offering his arm to Joohyun he escorted her to the theatre and guided her to a sit.

Once she was comfortably seated L narrated an apology before saying. “Please excuse me but I have to leave you for now.” Bowing his head remembering his good manners, he stride towards the exit or was about to when Bora blocked his vision.

Bora stood grounded on the floor with her legs slightly apart and her hands on her hips as she looked directly at L. She was able to since she was a platform higher then L “Who was that?” Looking at the direction where L left Joohyun.

“No one important...” L responded taking a step forward brushing past Bora.

Bora stepped back and blocked L again. Cocking her head and raising an eyebrow she challenged L. “Nothing important hmmmm….Why did you…” poking her nail polished finger on L’s chest. “…come with her? Where is Suzy?”

L grabbed the finger on his chest and removed it. “Yoon Bora, I am not in the mood to word spar with you. But about the question on “where is Suzy?” I want the answer to that question badly too. I am on my way to find her so please back off.” Emphasizing on the word back off L raised both of his hands levelled to his chest pushing air, implying to Bora that she should step back and give him space.

Bora backed off sighing. “You owe me.” She was defeated…well for now. She’ll make sure that not another silly boy or man will hurt her good friend.

)-------------(

Suzy was backstage busy occupying her thoughts with the task at hand. She redirected her energy to applying the finishing touches on the models making sure that everything was in place and perfect.

IU was relieved to find her friend who had her brows furrowed, lips pursed and fingers fumbling with the fabric that was on the Model. Suzy was obviously trying to distract herself from something.

“There you are.” IU said as she tapped on Suzy’s shoulder. “You disappeared on us. The lifestyle news was interviewing our group and we weren’t complete.”

Not taking her eyes off what she was doing, Suzy responded to IU. “I’m sure you got it covered.” Biting on her lip she kept trying to straighten the sleeve on the dress.

IU caught her hand. “Suzy, let the sleeve be. It’s supposed to be crinkled that’s the effect we wanted.” She pulled on the hand she held making Suzy face her. “What’s the problem?”

As soon as IU asked that L entered the room spotting them, he quickly walked to them. Suzy averted her eyes. IU caught on the situation. “Is he the problem? I’m sure he has a good explanation, so you better talk to him” nudging Suzy towards L.

Suzy stumbled forward to L. L grabbing her on her waist stabled her footing. “Hey.” As he looked at her face still holding unto her waist.

Suzy averting her eyes blushed because of the contact of his hand on her waist. She bit her lips still angry at L. She tried to muster little of her strength left to step away from L’s touch. But here she was a fool stuck in front of him with nothing to say.

 “What can she say? They were not an item yet but he did something major he did not come on time, or when she needed him he was not there and to make matters worse he showed up with somebody else.” These thoughts came across Suzy’s head.

A picture of the woman snuggled in L’s arm came across her mind and that just angered her more. That’s why she finally found the courage to step away from L’s touch.

L suddenly grabbed her hand not wanting to sever the contact with each other. Afraid he might lose her from his sight. As he was about to pull on Suzy’s hand to keep her closer he heard someone clearing his throat.

Both looking at the direction of the sound, they saw Sungyeol one hand on top of his lip while the other carried a bouquet of red roses. Sungyeol’s eyes stared at their interlinked hands.

L seeing where his friend was looking at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter