Jilted (CS)

Spotted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-48 hours before the article was released-

Suzy tapping on her assigned sandalwood desk with her nail polished fingers, listened on the final instructions of Ms. Kwon Yuri, their chief instructor in design. Although a professor at the young age of 29, Ms. Kwon exuded authority with her tall slim figure, stern looking face with exceptional jawline, and her perky nose holding up a fashionably large red Chanel eyeglass.

“As you all know KPAD’s Style on Charity Fashion Show is in two days.” Pacing on the front and center of the small auditorium classroom with her Louboutin shoes tip tapping on the wooden floor, Ms. Kwon continued explaining to them. “This project was always assigned to the freshmen on the start of the School year. To identify those students who have the eye for design and most importantly this will emphasis not only on quality, or taste, but originality as well.” Stopping her continues strides; Ms. Kwon faced her students with both of her hands on her hips that were hugged tightly by her Louis Vuitton pencil skirt.

“Whoever will be chosen as the winner of this project challenge will make their mark for this whole school year, at the same time burdening oneself to improve their skills more finely before the school year ends? A stressful journey but a challenge that all of you should and could handle since the fashion industry in the world is very competitive; so it’s cohesive  that a healthy competition should happen within the school walls for all of you to excel in this profession. Lastly, we have been giving you a challenge twist weekly to add to your group’s line. The last challenge twist…” Clasping on the canvas cloth covering the item related to the challenge, Ms. Kwon pulled on it. “..is sculpture! The details should….”

After the reveal Suzy did not listen to the rest of Ms. Kwon’s instructions, she directed her attention to her phone on the desk remembering the conversation she had with L.

-Suzy’s Flashback-

Suzy heard L sighing before he said the following words. “Tell the press we’re exclusively dating.”

That coming out from L after a long sigh had Suzy in a crossroad decision. She couldn’t happily react to the news that she and L can continue where they left off in Paris. She would have been glad about L’s decision if he was more enthusiastic about his suggestion. But it came out forced and too abrupt.

L on the other line felt the long pause from Suzy. To lighten things up he forced a smile on his lips, and jokingly, yet half meant, said “If only I get my way and declare those things that easily. It would be so convenient to date immediately without the hassle of a courtship.” Fake laughing L tried fixing matters by making it worse. He mentally face palmed himself.

“I…” Suzy was disappointed by L’s statement, but she was a woman with feelings and she’s pretty sure she wanted to take a chance with L. “I mean we could do that. Get to know each other through dating but not officially declaring were a couple.”

L’s jaw literally dropped as he held on the phone tightly afraid he might drop it due to the shock. Pinching himself he made sure he was not dreaming. He felt the sting he inflicted on himself on his arm clarifying this was not coming from his imagination. “I can do that.” Straightening his spine and smiling widely behind the wheel of his car. “I would love to do that. Suzy and L are exclusively dating.” Liking the sound of it on his own tongue.

Suzy giggled because of L’s last statement. “Let’s set an official date right now. How about on KPAD’s Style on Charity Fashion Show? Be my ?”

“Yes!” L said excitedly doing an air punch to the air. “It would be an honour to be your for KPAD’s first event. I’ll see you in school. Can we see each other for lunch today?”

-End of Flashback-

A loud gasp and then murmuring was heard within the auditorium that brought Suzy’s attention back to the class. Raising her eyebrows, Ms, Kwon called the attention of the students by loudly clapping. “Here..here… Don’t make assumptions that this actual sculpture of Adam and Eve would be in your line. You will just need to add a sculpturing piece to your line. It could be in the form of an accessory or embellishments to your clothing. An Avant Gard piece to your line, you can ask for the help from the sculpting department of this school.” Stomping on her feet to get her students’ attention that were distracted by their fellow students, “Please discuss this amongst your group, class dismissed. Please report back to class tomorrow at 10:00 am where we will discuss final touches and head to KPAD theatre where will do a rehearsal of the show.”

As soon as Professor Kwon left the classroom, IU turned to Suzy worry etched on her features. “Suzy shi? What are we going to do? The line we made is very practical and wearable. How can we incorporate an Avant Gard piece that will be too stiff for our soft and flowing line?”

Tapping excitedly on Suzy’s shoulders was Jiyoung. “Suzy! Isn’t Sungyeol in the Sculpting department of this school? I saw his piece where he used cloth to sculpt the form of a woman.”

“Sungyeol? Lee Sungyeol?” IU interrupted Jiyoung. “Isn’t he in the medicine department?”

Jiyoung rolling her eyes at the newbie, “You don’t know anything. That’s his major course but his taking sculpting as part of his minor subject. Art is part of this school every student here is doing a subject or a course connected to ART.”

“Ahhhh….” IU nodded, “I see” grabbing Suzy by the both of her shoulders, “YAH! Suzy we can ask help from Sungyeol. At least the basics on sculpting on how we can make cloth take form, wire bracing?”

“But isn’t Sungyeol, Sungjong’s cousin?” Fei pointed towards Sungjong’s team who were across their table. Sungjong’s team consisted of Kim”Key” Kibum, Goo Hara and Park Chorong, who was constantly clasping on Sungjong’s arm. In which IU noticed was quite often.

Crinkling her eyebrows and puckering her lips, IU looked at Park Chorong who had both of her hands clasped around Sungjong’s arm. Standing from her chair IU faced Fei with her hand on her hip. “So? We have Suzy. Sungyeol will gladly help Suzy.” To emphasize the point IU nodded towards Suzy who remained sitting in between Fei and IU who were standing above her glowering at each other.

Suzy sighed, standing up she put both of her hands on each girl’s chest. “Keep calm. There is no harm in asking for Sungyeol’s help.“ Checking the time on her Swiss watch Suzy continued saying. “I think we can do that now since Sungyeol is about to finish his class in sculpting. Let’s go there now to catch him.”

The walk towards the Fine Arts building had IU gloating on her success of convincing the group to bring in Sungyeol to the mix. On the other hand Fei was noticeably irritated by IU’s obvious mood. Suzy looked at the two and just shook her head; she kept her pace with Jiyoung who was just following innocently at her group’s command.

The Sculpting studio had the best high up location in school. It was positioned on the 10th floor of the fine arts building with glass roofing and walls. The design was sort of like a greenhouse but with a modern touch, furnished with symmetrical sofas and tables.

An elevator brought them up to their destination. As soon as the doors opened they saw Sungyeol packing up his equipment and was about to leave when he recognized the group that came in.

He smiled radiantly once he saw Suzy as part of the group. Walking towards them, his hand clasping on his backpack that was slung across one shoulder, Sungyeol greeted them enthusiastically. “Hey! What brings…” looking at all four women “…four beautiful women in this part of the school?”

Jiyoung giggled because of the compliment directed to them, while the other three remained impassive.

Stepping forward, IU breathed in before saying. “We need your help. As you are well aware off we are participating in the KPAD’s Style On, as part of the requirements we need to add a sculpting design to our line.” Clasping her hands in prayer position, IU pouted her lips. “Can you please help us?”

That got Sungyeol chuckling because of the expression IU used.  She was just too cute; he could not deny her anything. Just by nodding his approval, he was rewarded by one of IU’s glorious smiles.

Sungyeol looked towards Suzy who seemed to be enjoying the scene that IU created. Their eyes meeting, Suzy thanked Sungyeol. “Thank you! It will really help our team win. We were afraid Sungjong would have asked you already.”

Smirking, Sungyeol responded. “My cousin will never as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter