Home.

The Disadvantages of Having a Not So Dumb Boyfriend

“ing piece of , shut up.”

Yixing rolled over, grabbing his phone and swiping the screen to stop the alarm blaring. It was 11:30, but it still felt far too early when he hadn’t got much sleep the previous night. Also to take in consideration that he had two exams and an external performance today, the day was off to a pretty ty start since weeks ago. Sinking his head into his pillow he whined, kicking his feet, before reluctantly peeling the rest of the blanket that had managed to stay on off. He slid off the bed and on to the floor, crawling to his drawers and pulling out one of Joonmyun’s shirts before forcing himself to stand up and sulking to his bathroom to have a shower.

By the time he got to campus, he had half an hour before his first exam. He was glad it was a performance assessment first because this way he’d have time to properly wake up. He pulled Jongin to a practice room so they could rehearse their duet, and much wider awake after finishing, they walked off to their first exam.

Yixing knew he passed, not that he was overconfident, but he hit every beat and move with precision, and didn’t blank out. At least something good had happened today. It’s not that he didn’t like performing, it gave him a thrill and excitement that not much else could give him, but it wasn’t something he liked to be marked on. It was a freedom of expression, and he felt that you can’t give someone a grade on that.

Somehow the panel manages to, though.

He was pretty sure he passed his next exam too, but he didn’t have much time to reflect. Jongin would have already been there rehearsing, but Yixing had to get to their dance studio because they had a performance tonight. The day had flowed surprising well despite the initial hatred, and Yixing just couldn’t wait to get home and just not do anything- it’d been far too long.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“’SOO ‘SOO!”

“’JOO ‘JOO!”

The two screamed as they saw each other, Kyungsoo running up to Joonmyun and his bags and bear-hugging him harder than Amber and Kevin had. The older hugged back, picking him up slightly.

“How was your flight?”

“Awful,” Joonmyun laughed, “Nahh, it was fine, I had a nice conversation with the old lady next to me.”

“You and old ladies, I swear.”

“What, they like me!”

“Because they want you to marry their daughters. You’re gay, Joonmyun. Do you ever tell them that?”

Said male frowned. “They never say that to me, and if they do I’d just tell them I have a boyfriend.”

“That takes guts in a place like this.”

Joonmyun smiled, “I’m not ashamed, I have Yixing.”

Kyungsoo pinched his cheeks. “Gosh you’re so cute! Yixing is going to freak.”

“And you still haven’t grown, ‘Soo.”

Suho’s shoulder was impacted quite harshly.

“We’re the same height!”

“Always the same height with you.”

“It’s true!”

“I missed you, Kyunggie~”

“Go a cactus.”

Joonmyun rolled his eyes, before breaking out into a grin as the two begun to walk to Kyungsoo’s car.

“So what’s the plan?”

“Well, it starts in two hours. By the time that we drop your off and you get ready it’ll be time to go.”

Joonmyun ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair, the feeling both familiar yet not. It was weird, being back in Seoul, the air different and everything suddenly in Korean again. He’d missed it, but he already was clearly aware of that.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

The setup of the stage this time was somewhat similar to the previous at the beginning of the year, except much bigger. It made sense, when this was kind of the biggest showcase for dance crews in Seoul in the year, but even so it was still pretty crazy.

Yixing and Jongin stood with Taemin and Hyoyeon. They were both in different crews to the pair, but at an event like this it wasn’t surprising they were performing, too.

“Hey, dumb and dumber, we’re on soon!”

“Hey!” Yixing and Jongin (dumb and dumber, respectively) turned around, glaring at the voice. “Shut it, Howon.”

“Just get your asses up here, okay?” he called back.

Hyoyeon did the ‘fighting’ fist. “Kill it, guys!” she hollered.

“Oppa, blow me away with your dancing skills!” Taemin cooed, receiving a slap on the head from Hyoyeon.

“Oh we will,” Yixing replied sassily, him and Jongin walking off to face the music.

 

As usual, Yixing was all sharp angles and fluid movement, well, until he caught sight of a more than familiar face standing next to Kyungsoo, and had a freak out moment on whether he was going crazy or not.

“Jongin, I’m going ing insane. It isn’t just me right?” he stressed the moment he got offstage.

Man in question laughed, “What’s up?”

“I ing- there is a guy who looks exactly like Joonmyun standing next to Kyungsoo and its ing- I’m going crazy. Did you see them?”

“Yixing,” Jongin said seriously, trying to suppress the pent up laughter, “There was no one next to Kyungsoo.”

The Chinese pulled at his hair, “I’m ing going insane! It’s still a year until he comes back and I’m ing imagining him here, Jongin help me.” he whined, burying his head in Jongin’s chest.

“Calm down, calm down. You won’t see him anymore because you know he isn’t there.”

Yixing continued to sulk into Jongin’s chest as the taller preoccupied himself with doing something on his phone (messaging Kyungsoo, probably), before they were called up for their next and final performance. This time Yixing was determined to put all his thoughts into dance and not into his dumb boyfriend who wasn’t here anything else. Yet he still found his eyes trailing to where Kyungsoo had been, and nearly screaming in glee when he was not imagining anyone that looked like Joonmyun.

He couldn’t stop smiling as he got off.

“He wasn’t there Jongin, he wasn’t there anymore I am ing normal again,” he nearly sang, until he looked to the walkway and his face dropped again, Jongin once again trying to contain his laughter. “ing hell Jongin, I’m ing doing it again, !” Yixing was on the verge of mental collapse, and Jongin was on the verge of losing it. All Yixing could see was Kyungsoo walking towards them, accompanied with Kim ing Joonmyun who was smiling at him, and Yixing wondered how his imagination even had the nerve to do that to him. “He’s ing walking towards me with Kyungsoo and he’s ing smiling at me and this is not okay you two have to take me to the doctor I am ing insane.”

“You’re ing Insane? Joonmyun won’t be happy with that.”

Yixing didn’t even pick up the joke because he was freaking out so much.

“Well I’m ing imagining things.”

“Imagining Things, too? .”

Yixing slapped Jongin.

“SHUT UP, I’m having an emotional breakdown.”

“Game’s over, he’s real.” Jongin managed to completely stun Yixing, before Kyungsoo reached him and he pulled him in for a kiss. Yixing stood there, very confused.

“You were great baby, I asked Joonmyun what he thought, but he only had eyes for Yixing.”

The Chinese’s eyes widened, looking between Kyungsoo and Jongin and Joonmyun who was apparently real and then the other two again. Finally it clicked.

Joonmyun was looking at him, one of those stupid, earnest, genuine smiles that made Yixing’s heart beat out of his chest like a teenager with a crush (which really, he was). “Yixing-ah, I’m back home, and I- I don’t have to go back.”

Yixing started to tremble, much too overwhelmed to think properly.

“You better not be ing with me right now.” was all he could manage, his brain whirring. He couldn’t tear his eyes off Joonmyun now, a face which he hadn’t seen in the flesh for far too long.

“I’m not, I promise.”

And then Joonmyun smiled that stupid smile, the one where his face lit up and his eyes crinkled into half-moons and you could see his perfect white teeth framed by his equally, if not more perfect lips, one of the very reasons Yixing fell in love with him, and he didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Instead, he decided to punch the daylights out of Joonmyun’s chest. Much too weak to even think of hurting him, but he didn’t really know any other form of release.

Oh, apart from the yelling.

“You ing !” he screamed as he punched, “You absolute prick! You ing go away telling me it’s for nearly two ing years and then you come back a year ing earlier with no notice? You complete , you’re the ing worst boyfriend ever I just can’t ing believe you’re doing this right now expecting me to be one hundred percent okay with it-“ Yixing was crying now, tears streaming down his face as Joonmyun took every hit. “-But I ing am because I missed you so ing much and I ing love you more than anything and I can’t believe you’re home.” Yixing cried into Joonmyun’s shoulder as he wrapped his arms around him for the first time in months, Joonmyun hugging back just as hard. They both felt the world slow at that feeling of warmth that they’d both been missing for months, the one that made them feel complete and full and happy.

“I’m sorry,” Joonmyun chanted, “I missed you so much, I love you.”

“You better after all you ing did.” Yixing spat, somehow lovingly, before the pair leaned forward and into a kiss.

The world stopped, and Yixing felt it all begin to realign. Everything that he’d loved, that he’d missed, it was back here and that was all that mattered. It felt like their first kiss all over again, and Yixing was finding his head was filling up with rainbows and butterflies and everything Joonmyun. His fingers tangled in Joonmyun’s hair as his hips were held, and he parted his lips slightly, Joonmyun ceasing the opportunity and deepening the kiss with his tongue. Yixing tried to force back his moans as their tongues tangled, but found a few escaping, especially once Joonmyun started up.

The two pulled apart, chests heaving as they took deep breaths, before leaning in again.

 Jongin politely stopped them.

“Guys, this is a dance showcase, not a ographic live show.”            

Yixing turned around, glaring. “ you, Jongin.” his glare suddenly turned to realization, and then Jongin was the one being beaten, except this time Yixing was using actual force. “You ing prick, you ing knew and you didn’t tell me! You just ing let me believe I’d gone insane, you useless piece of !”

“Yeah yeah, I get it,” he replied, seemingly not affected, though thuds against his chest sounded painful. Where’s my hug now? I’ll kiss you if you want.”

Yixing ignored the last comment and turned to Kyungsoo. “Kyunggie, I trusted you.”

His eyes widened, hands going up in defence. “Honest to God, I only found out a few days ago.”

“So? Why didn’t anyone tell me?” he turned to his boyfriend. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because you wouldn’t have been able to focus,” Jongin stepped in, “He’s here now so stop complaining about not knowing. You can’t change it.”

Yixing huffed, but his frown went away when Joonmyun hugged him from the back. Yixing had totally forgotten he was sweaty from dancing until now, but Joonmyun didn’t seem to care, so he couldn’t either.

“Once Taemin and Hyoyeon dance, let’s go home, okay?”

“Alright, baby. Can I get a lift with someone?”

Yixing turned around and gave him a look like he was stupid, which just reeked of are you ing kidding me right now?

“What? I don’t have a car with me…”

“I’m taking you home, and I’m coming with you, if you don’t mind.” Yixing was pretty embarrassed to say it out loud, seeing as he probably looked kind of desperate, but he’d spent just under a year away from him and now he was home.

“I want you to come with me, of course, but I don’t have anything, I haven’t had time to go grocery shopping…”

Yixing was glad to see that Joonmyun was feeling the same he was. After nearly a year, he didn’t feel like separating for a while.

Yixing smiled, “Let’s go once this is done, then,” he looked down blushing, “I want to stay with you, and I’d offer mine but-” he said in a quieter voice, “My parents are home.”

“That sounds good,” Joonmyun said, looking Yixing straight in the eyes, and the younger realized he hadn’t really been overreacting when he was away, because Joonmyun was just so perfect.

Jongin ruined their moment once again, however.

“Tae and Hyoyeon are on next, let’s go watch.”

Joonmyun reluctantly pulled his gaze away, and Yixing entwined their fingers, pulling him out to a spot where they’d get a good view. Joonmyun only found himself watching Yixing, though… Much like when they were shopping. He’s pretty sure that three quarters of what was in the trolley he didn’t really need, but when Yixing bounded through the shopping centre like he was a kid and it was a candy store with a sale, he really couldn’t say no.

Yixing laughed when Joonmyun was jumping up and down trying to reach something on the top shelf, when he could just reach up and grab it. Not that they had much of a height difference in the first place, but a difference is a difference and that difference makes a difference.

There was another difference that Yixing had noticed.

“Joonmyun, this thing that you’re doing- stop it.”

“Huh?” Joonmyun’s eyes widened, “What thing?”

“This thing where you don’t want to ask anything of me. I’m your boyfriend, I don’t care. Unless I specifically tell you not to, you can kiss me whenever you want, you can hug me whenever you want, you can ask if you can have a lift with me or assume that I’m staying with you, you can ask me to get packets off the top shelf because you can’t reach, I don’t care.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking abo-“

“Don’t lie to me,” the Chinese glared, “You know exactly what I’m talking about.”

Joonmyun sighed, “I just- I don’t feel like I can…”

Yixing pouted, “Why not?”

“I hurt you, Yixing-ah. I don’t feel like I- I don’t feel like I deserve that. I can’t just come back home all of a sudden and expect everything to go my way.”

Yixing laughed slightly, pecking him on the lips softly, even though they’d probably be seen on the monitors. “You’re stupid, I was stupid, I overreacted. I’m not even angry with you about it so don’t think about it anymore,” Yixing pulled back, “Now, I know I’m clingy but I’m also kinda selfish, so don’t make me seem clingier than I am, okay? You don’t have to make me do much but don’t be silly. I’m your boyfriend, I love you, I don’t mind doing things for you.” Yixing said with a sassy smile.

“You didn’t know the situation though, I don’t blame you…”

“But I shouldn’t have acted how I did. Let’s not hide anything from each other anymore, comprende?”

“Comprende.” Joonmyun replied, slightly stunned, but feeling a lot lighter.

“Good, now do you want me to grab condoms and lube or not, because you’ve been eyeing it since we got in this isle.”

…Busted.

 

It wasn’t until nearly twelve that they got back to Joonmyun’s house, twelve thirty that they’d packed up everything that was in the bags into the kitchen and their respective places (mind you, that whole time wasn’t spent putting things away), one that they’d eaten and one thirty that they’d finished in the shower. It wasn’t until three fifteen that they’d half unpacked his suitcases, Yixing claiming that the room looked too bare to not.

Joonmyun would never understand how he’d managed to run for over twenty four hours on about six hours of sleep.

Must be Yixing.

 

“I love you,” Joonmyun confessed, kissing the fingers that were entwined with his as they lay on the bed. “I’ve missed you so much,” he breathed as he kissed Yixing’s forearm, then his bicep, then his collarbone. “I’m so glad I’m home,” Joonmyun kissed up Yixing’s neck, up to his jaw.

“I’m so happy you’re back,” Yixing confessed as he pulled the man hovering above him down so their lips met. “I missed you too,” he moaned as their kisses went from lazy to heated, from slow to fast. “I can’t live without you,” Yixing murmured as he pulled off Joonmyun’s shirt and Joonmyun in turn removed his. “You’re beautiful,” he admitted as he trailed his hands down Joonmyun’s bare chest, taking in every crease and muscle, the reality even better than what his memory could give him.

“You’re perfect,” Joonmyun confessed as he watched Yixing writhe underneath him, mouth wide open as Joonmyun undid him, screaming and until he didn’t know what language he was speaking, until Joonmyun’s name was the only thing leaving his lips, like it was the only thing he knew. “You’re so gorgeous,” he panted as Yixing came down from his high at his fingertips, a rough cry leaving his lips, making himself follow instantly.

“I love you.” Yixing confessed as Joonmyun rolled off him, the two with chests heaving, fingers entwined once again.

“I love you, too.” Joonmyun replied breathlessly, noticing the way the light from sun peeking over the horizon played on Yixing’s body, lighting it up in a way that could only be described as ethereal, that only made him look more beautiful.

“Happy one year, Yixing-ah.” he mumbled against Yixing’s lips, before pressing a soft kiss, moving up to peck his forehead and then curling himself into the younger.

Yixing found his eyes tearing up, and himself crying for an entirely different reason than six months ago. Joonmyun was there, Joonmyun was right there next to him, curled up against his body, breathing softly, whispering nothing in his ear but promises of love and affection and forever. Joonmyun was there, he was real and he was home.

Yixing didn’t know when anything had been any better.

 

 

 

∩( ・ω・)∩ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Authors Note  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ∩( ・ω・)∩ 

hE'S HOME ARE YOU ALL HAPPY?
You better be, okay ^-^
Ugh this is where I startd to go back to my typica cheesy writing style and please help me.
So er there's only one more chapter to go and this is finished but I guess this could kind of be seen as the last chapter.
But it's not because there's an epilogue.

Big thank you to everyone that has subscribed/upvoted, and everyone that has commented! You really inspired me to keep on postig this and yeah, thank you so much :3
Feel free to continue ^-^

Also, feel free to add me on here and/or contact me on Tumblr. I'd love to talk to you all :3
I also have KakaoTalk and LINE, so if anyone wants to chat on those, let me know and I'll get my ID to you ^-^

Until next time (it's not long ahh!),
Stay cool, guys ;)