Can't Do This Any Longer.

The Disadvantages of Having a Not So Dumb Boyfriend

It took two and a half weeks after the beginning of term for Kevin and Amber to get Joonmyun to let themselves talk to Yixing.

Not that they hadn’t tried, Joonmyun had just avoided it every time. He made sure that every time Yixing wanted to video chat Kevin had a class or was busy, and whenever he was on the phone to Yixing that he was not in a two metre radius of Kevin, and he’d even put a code on his phone so that he wouldn’t be able to message him even if he wanted to. Amber wasn’t such a bother, because although she hung out in their room quite a lot, she respected that Joonmyun wanted to talk to his boyfriend alone. It didn’t however, mean she didn’t think it was absolutely ridiculous, and if Kevin was there she was going to join in with his futile attempts, more or less.

It was a Wednesday, and the whole group were in Joonmyun’s room when he got the message.

Kevin, Amber and Jessica were working on an assignment for a design class on the floor, whilst AJ, Eli, Xander and Joonmyun were looking at funny videos of cats on his bed when the latter got a message and begun messaging his boyfriend back.

Are you there?
~Yixing

Yeah, I’m here ^-^
~Joonmyun

Go on video! :D
~Yixing

Ugh, but my friends are in the dorm ;P
~Joonmyun

I wanna meet them!
~Yixing

Really? I’m sure you don’t.
~Joonmyun

Really really!
~Yixing

Really really really?
~Joonmyun

Just shut the up and let me talk to them alright.
~Yixing

>.<
~Joonmyun

Joonmyun switched to the Skype screen once the video they’d been watching ended, the other three boys giving him strange looks before their brains clicked, giving Joonmyun a knowing look as he put a finger over his mouth. It’s not that he didn’t want Kevin and Amber (but mainly Kevin) to never meet Yixing, it was just hilarious to tease them.

Yixing was already only, and Joonmyun clicked the call button, Yixing answering immediately, his face brightening the screen (and Joonmyun’s day), looking slightly shocked when he saw three bodies huddled around Joonmyun, before his face returned to its usual whenever he saw Joonmyun.

“Hey Yixing-ah.”

“Hey Joonmyun,” he said with a smile, “Care to introduce me?”

“Oh! This is Eli,” Joonmyun said, pointing to Eli who responded with a “Wassup?”

“This is AJ,” he said, point to AJ who did a salute.

“And this is Alexander, but we call him Xander.” he said, pointing to said male who smiled cutely into the screen.

“How many of these people are gay?” Yixing asked, instantly, making Joonmyun laugh.

“None,” he replied. “What, you want them to be? Thinking of leaving me for one of my friends, hey?”

“Of course.” Yixing replied, sarcasm evident.

Joonmyun faked a cry, “I can’t believe this, after all we’ve been through!”

Yixing started laughing, party at Joonmyun, and partly at the expressions that he was being given by the other three.

“Joonmyun-ah, look at the kids next to you.” he forced out between giggles.

Joonmyun looked at the three boys, bursting into laughter at their faces.

“What’s the face for?”

Yixing started laughing even harder, as the three’s eyes widened even further. It was now he realized it was because he was speaking in Korean.

“Sorry, I’m sorry,” he wheezed, in English this time.

“Yeah we can’t understand what the you’re saying.”

“Well he isn’t fluent in English so you know.”

“But still, it was a shock!”

“Well when I was introducing you, you all seemed fine, I just didn’t realize.”

“That’s because we heard our names.”

“Oh.”

“How much English can he speak?”

“A bit,” Yixing said in English, his words accented, “How are you?”

“Good!” the three boys chorused, “How are you?”

“I’m good,” Yixing smiled, before cocking his head. “Where are Kevin and Amber?”

Joonmyun switched to Korean so Yixing would understand him fully. “They’re here, but don’t call out to them...  Well, Kevin.” he said with a cheeky smile.

‘You mean you actually have friends over there?”

Joonmyun whined, “You’re so mean~”

Finally Kevin’s head shot up.

“Why am I hearing Korean? Am I imagining this?” his eyes widened “JOONMYUN, WHAT.” he ran up to him, snatching the laptop off him. “AMBER, GET YOUR OVER HERE, IT’S JOONMYUN’S HOT BOYFRIEND.” He yelled, plonking himself down on his bed, Amber soon following after him.

Joonmyun rolled his eyes, as he stood up to go over to them, as the four people left in the room who could not speak Korean looked at them confusedly, before going back to what they were doing. Kevin had switched to Korean upon realizing it was Yixing,

“KYAH YOU’RE SO CUTE, LOOK AT THAT DIMPLE! Can I keep you?”

Yixing laughed.

“HEY, THAT’S MY BOYFRIEND.”

“Not for long,” Kevin smirked, before turning his attention back to the screen. “I’m Kevin! Now, tell us all the juicy gossip about Joonmyun.”

‘And we want everything~”

“HEY!”

Yixing laughed, “I would love to, but honestly I don’t have much dirt on him. If you’re going to ask anyone, ask Kyungsoo.”

The both pouted, before one realized they hadn’t introduced themselves.

“Oh, I’m Amber, by the way.” she said in Chinese, causing Kevin to pout more and Yixing to look back in shock.

“You speak Mandarin?” he responded in the language, smile growing.

“Yeah, I’m Taiwanese,” she grinned, “Joonmyun didn’t tell you?

“Nope,” he replied, “.”

Amber laughed, and the two continued to have a conversation until Kevin grew tired of not understanding a word that they were saying, introducing him to Jessica as well.

After 45 minutes, Joonmyun managed to wrestle the laptop back off the two, where Kevin promptly screamed “CALL ME!” and Amber told him that they should talk again and use Mandarin as their secret code.

 

“JOONMYUN, STOP TALKING DIRTY TO HIM.” Kevin yelled in English, making everyone look at ‘the culprit’ and Joonmyun blush crimson.

“Kevin, shut the up. Just because you want to talk to him more.”

Joonmyun was telling the truth though, because honestly they’d been talking about the dance performance that Yixing had coming up very soon. Joonmyun wished he could have gone, it was the first one that Yixing’d have since they were dating and he was heartbroken that he wouldn’t be there to support his boyfriend (though he did have another idea, which if it worked, would turn out pretty nicely. He wasn’t going to tell Yixing though, in case something happened).

He also talked about Jongin and how he was growing increasingly worried about nearly anything, because Jongin was like that. He had a ‘cool’ (though Yixing would beg to differ) exterior (and that’s why it’s called exterior) but on the inside he was soft like a teddy and he cared for other people a lot more than he cared about himself. He stressed over the small stuff a lot, and he knew Jongin was getting increasingly tired.

There were only two things Jongin was passionate about- Kyungsoo, and dance. He dedicated his life to these two things, and Yixing had never seen anyone more hard working that Jongin when it came to this, especially when Jongin had a performance.

“I’m worried about him,” Yixing said, “He’s so focused on this performance next week and the assessment we have to do with school and making it so perfect that whenever I see him, he’s dead tired.  He’s working himself to the absolute bone, and I have no idea how Kyungsoo feels about it. Whenever he has spare time he’s practicing and I know a lot of it is for Kyungsoo because he’s dedicating a performance to him, but I don’t know if Kyungsoo realizes and he might get the wrong idea. He doesn’t love anything more than Kyungsoo, but he’s doing part of this for him so he might not realize- you know him when he gets focused.”

Joonmyun nodded, Yixing was absolutely right.

Kyungsoo understood Jongin’s passion for dance, but he didn’t understand Jongin’s passion for him. He was hesitant with relying on people because he thought it’d be too much. He’d been broken so many times and because of this he took signs wrong, blaming himself for making things worse even if he had nothing to do with it. He didn’t think people wanted him, but that wasn’t the case.

“Can you talk to him for me? Kyungsoo, I mean.”

“I will,” Joonmyun replied, and honestly he knew he had to. Yixing and Kyungsoo were close friends, but if anyone was going to get through to him it was going to be his best friend. “Keep an eye on him.”

“I will.”

Joonmyun hated being so far away from everything; he hated how if something was happening he could do barely anything about it, being bound by the restrictions of a different country. He missed everyone a lot more than he showed, and there just had to be something he could do about it. He decided he’d talk around tomorrow, once he’d figured out what to do with Kyungsoo.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“’SOO ‘SOO!”

“Ew, it’s you.”

“Is that any way to greet your old pal?”

“I can smell you from here.” Kyungsoo shot back, before his face split into a grin. “How’ve you been?”

“Alright. I miss everyone a lot.”

“Less than two more years!” Kyungsoo piped, trying to positive, although in honesty he was hurting a lot more than he was letting Joonmyun know. He wanted to tell Joonmyun about how he missed him, all his insecurities with Jongin, but he didn’t know how to bring it up. It was difficult when he was so far away.

“Well that’s better than two,” Joonmyun mumbled, “How have you been?”

Kyungsoo’s face dropped, he didn’t exactly know how to say it. Joonmyun was really the only person he talked to about stuff besides Jongin, and he couldn’t talk to Jongin about this. “Well, uh, alright?”

“Spill, .”

Kyungsoo sighed. “I’m just worried… About Jongin, I mean. He’s always tired and wearing himself out and I can’t help think that I’m part of the problem. He’s always worrying about me and that’s only adding to everything. I know one day he’s going to get up and leave me, and I’m worried it’s going to be soon… I don’t think I can deal with it.”

Joonmyun pouted, “Kyunggie, he’s not going to leave you. You mean too much to him.”

“But I’m sure I don’t, he had so many flings before! It’s not like I think less of him because of that, I just feel like maybe I’ll be one of them.”

“They’re called ‘flings’ for a reason, ‘Soo. Jongin’s better now, and he really loves you… He’s perfect for you.”

“Too perfect for me.” Kyungsoo muttered, forcing back the tears that were welling up in his eyes.

“Kyungsoo-yah, please don’t ever doubt how much Jongin cares for you. Have you even spoken to him?”

“I can’t talk to him about this, it’ll worry him even more.” and then he’ll realize he’s better without me faster.

“It’s better than not doing anything.”

“Just, I’m really worried. He’s not going to stay around forever, I can tell.”

“That’s questionable, ‘Soo. Have faith in Jongin.”

Kyungsoo smiled sadly, “I’ll try…”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Joonmyun hung back after one of his lectures, intent on talking to the professor.

“Sir, are you free for a moment?”

His teacher, Mr Lee, was by far one of his favorites, and luckily, most important for his future ambitions. He was a little old man, but he was passionate about what he taught, and made it somewhat more bearable for Joonmyun to be there. He also found that if he had any problems he could come to him, and Mr Lee knew very well about the situation he was in at the moment. “Yes, Joonmyun. What is it?”

“Well, I wanted to talk to you about something. I have no idea how possible it is but, uh, I want to try anyway. I’ll need to talk to everyone else first, but I figured if you’re cool with it, they should be too.”

“Fire away!”

Joonmyun left the room twenty five minutes later, a large smile spread across his face and a bouncier spring in his step. He just hoped that everything would come together perfectly.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Kyungsoo had noticed that Jongin wasn't as cheerful as he used to be. His face was etched with a constant look of worry and concern. He didn't smile as often, nor laugh as much, and Kyungsoo blamed himself entirely. He wasn't his loud self anymore. He wasn't constantly harassing Kyungsoo because he was , either. He was getting home later and later, and he always seemed to be tired, never the bubbly, happy Jongin that he always was. He wasn't Jongin, and all Kyungsoo could do was blame himself. In his mind, Jongin was growing sick of him and he was going to leave sooner or later, and he didn't think he could deal with that.

 Jongin deserved better than Kyungsoo, especially if Kyungsoo was making him unhappy. If Kyungsoo was making him unhappy then he had to leave because Jongin would be thankful and , it'd still hurt, but he didn't think he could deal with it if Jongin left him.

If Jongin tossed him aside, he didn’t know how he’d live.

 

It was when they were at Luhan's house, and Kyungsoo was in the kitchen the Kyungsoo made up his mind. Suddenly Jongin's booming laughter filled the air, and Kyungsoo's heart soared at the sound before doing a 180 and plummeting down- he hadn't heard that laughter in a while.

His stomach twisted and he ran to the sink- the feeling of nausea taking up his body. He didn't know why Jongin laughed, but all he knew was he hadn't heard that sort of laughter from him in such a long time, and if someone else could draw it out from him so easily then it must just be Kyungsoo’s fault.

His head was telling him that he really had to leave -Jongin was going to realize if he hadn't already and it'd just be saving the both of them a lot of trouble, and Kyungsoo the heartbreak he didn’t think he could take.

Faking a smile, Kyungsoo walked back out into the living room where everyone was, Jongin opening his arms out to him with a wide smile, Kyungsoo crawling into them, sinking into his boyfriend's chest.

Kyungsoo had missed this, but he didn't think it'd last long. He felt selfish, but he decided to be just for now, because in a few days he wouldn't have Jongin anymore. He hoped he couldn’t fall any deeper.

He couldn’t do this any longer. 

 

 

 

∩( ・ω・)∩ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  Authors Note  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ∩( ・ω・)∩

Double updating because I decided to split the original chapter in to two, but I want to give you it on the same day :3
Thus why this is so short.

@Jujuhyun are you happy this is the shortest authors note yet ;)