What's Going On?

The Disadvantages of Having a Not So Dumb Boyfriend

Jongin’s upper body was spread out along the kitchen island when Kyungsoo walked into their condo from his classes. It was the only day of the week where his classes finished after Jongin’s in the afternoon, whilst his were usually in the morning. University was difficult (honestly though, it’s to be expected when you’re training to be a doctor), but Kyungsoo enjoyed it nevertheless, and was glad to be doing something that he liked.

Noticing Jongin the moment he stepped through the door, he shut it quietly, in case he’d fallen asleep. It didn’t seem very comfortable, but Jongin fell asleep in a lot of awkward places if he was on his own, so Kyungsoo was always weary, and subsequently never surprised.

His boyfriend stirred slightly as Kyungsoo tiptoed up to him, the latter smiling at Jongin’s sleeping face. He didn’t know how he’d pulled together the willpower to try and get out of this person’s life, and he knew that  if he tried again, he wouldn’t make it one step to the bedroom door before caving. Jongin really was beautiful, even when half his face was squashed on the granite. Kyungsoo lightly brushed his boyfriend’s fringe out of his face, and the sleeping boy’s eyes fluttered open, a smile taking over his face as he saw who’d raised him from his slumber.

“You’re the best thing to wake up to,” he murmured, voice husky with sleep as he slowly raised himself off the table. Kyungsoo had to hold back a giggle when he saw half of Jongin’s face was quite red and flat, but Jongin didn’t look very good.

“Are you okay?” he asked as Jongin pulled him in from his spot on the chair. It was one of those times where Kyungsoo was ‘taller’ than himself, so he took full advantage, snuggling into the older’s chest as he hugged back.

“I’m just tired, and stressed, and tired.”

“So that explains why you feel asleep on the kitchen bench?”

By now the two had separated, and Jongin once again flopped down on to the table, letting out a small whine of pain as he did so.

Kyungsoo walked behind Jongin’s chair, kneading into his back with his hands, rubbing circles over the tight knots in his boyfriend’s back.

“Christ Jongin, you’re tense as,” he said worriedly, “What’s going on?”

“Ugh,” Jongin groaned, “Yunho is insane as usual and I know Joon is trying to get into Yixing’s pants and there are so many assignments I have to do and to top it off, Yixing’s been grumpy as all this week and it’s not stopping.”

“Grumpier than usual?” Kyungsoo laughed.

“Ugh, yes,” Jongin complained as Kyungsoo continued to relieve the tension in Jongin’s back.  “He’s been moping so much and he won’t tell me why, he tells me it’s silly. If he’s going to say that, can he at least not try to depress me so much?”

“Jongin-ah, Yixing has reason to be mopey. Invite him over this weekend, okay?”

“Why~” Jongin whined, “He’ll probably come over anyway.”

“He won’t come unless you ask him to, baby. He’ll think he’ll want to be alone but it’s not going to be good for him. It’s him and Joonmyun’s 6 month anniversary on Saturday.”

Ahh, that’s why he’d been such a sad, moping .

Jongin felt kind of bad for not knowing.

“How do you know?”

“Joonmyun was telling me,” Kyungsoo sighed, “He’s heartbroken that they have to be apart for it, and you know that he’s stronger than Yixing. Yixing’s going to be really upset on Saturday.”

“Alright,” Jongin grunted as Kyungsoo kneaded particularly hard, Jongin sighing in content as he sat up and hed his arms, feeling a lot less tense than he had before. “I’ll talk to him tomorrow.”

“Good,” Kyungsoo smiled, wrapping his arms around Jongin’s neck as Jongin leaned in to brush his lips over his own, before leaning in more and tilting his head slightly, kissing him lovingly.

The two knew that if Yixing felt about Joonmyun like they did for each other, the weekend probably wouldn’t be the greatest thing for him.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

"Yixing, you're coming over tomorrow."

"Oppa, when can I come over again? I miss Kyunggie~" Hyoyeon whined.

Taemin rolled his eyes, whist Jongin gave her a look which said he'd explain later. The four were eating lunch; a lot of their classes were together, and because of this they had similar schedules.

"No, I don't wanna." Yixing replied, head on the table.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't wanna." he groaned.

"But Kyungsoo told me to make you come over~"

Yixing raised his head off the table, his right eyebrow going up.

"Why would Kyungsoo do that?"

, maybe Jongin shouldn't have said that.

"Uhh, I don't know why, he just did."

Smooth, Jongin. Real smooth.

"Well sorry, but no."

"Why not~~?" Jongin whined, now pouting.

"Because I'm video-chatting Joonmyun."

"Just do that at ours~"

"But Jongin, it's..." Yixing lowered his eyes, biting his lip, trying to stop the stinging in his eyes. "It's our 6 month anniversary..."

Hyoyeon let out a little 'Oh!' of understanding, Jongin slightly nodding in response to it.

"So?"

"I don't think-"

"Just do it at mine, Xinggie~"

Jongin was being completely oblivious and Yixing couldn't tell if he was being stupid or not- finally he snapped.

"Fine, fine! I'll come."

Jongin smiled, "Great!"

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Yixing had no idea how Jongin convinced him to come to his today, all he knew was that he shouldn't be there. Though Jongin had seen it many times before, Yixing hated showing any sign of weakness, and right now he was pretty sure he was close to cracking and splitting in two. Today was his and Joonmyun's 6 month anniversary, and instead of spending it together they were apart, and it killed him. It'd been some five months since he hugged him for the last time, kissed him for the last time, and he don't know how much longer he'd be classed as sane for.

He also hated how the spare room in Jongin's and Kyungsoo's house didn't have a lock. He really didn’t want them coming in at this time.

Here he was, sitting at his computer. It was ten to four, ten to twelve in California, and the only reason they weren't already talking was because Kevin had dragged Joonmyun out to watch some dance performance because 'he really wanted to see it' (they both knew however, that is was just because some guy that Kevin had taken a large liking to was performing) and Yixing had been there when he'd asked. Joonmyun had strictly refused, saying that he wanted to talk to Yixing for as long of their anniversary as possible, but Yixing told him to go and Joonmyun wasn't happy about it but Yixing's orders were law.

Yixing didn't really know what he was going to do when Joonmyun logged on, he'd spent the whole day-wait no- week wallowing in sadness, but there wasn't really a way that you could blame him. Yixing had always been a romantic at heart and no matter what, this was important to him. Since before they'd started dating he'd always imagined the cute things he'd do with Joonmyun on their anniversaries, and though Joonmyun had not disappointed on their first month, that was all they'd ever spent together and it killed.

In fact, Yixing was surprised that he hasn't cried at all today, but he had a feeling it was going to come at some stage and that'd be incredibly hard. He had a feeling that Kyungsoo had known, and he could tell that when Jongin said that it was Kyungsoo's idea he hadn't been lying. He would have been offended had they been wrong, but they knew him too well. They'd tried their best to cheer him up through the day, and Yixing had tried his best to be positive, though he didn't think it was helping. He loved them to bits, but they weren't the people he had wanted to spend this day with. Usually Jongin would have gotten frustrated but Yixing had a feeling he understood, not that ever a thing had happened with his boyfriend, but Jongin always knew.

Now it was five to four, and Yixing was shaking. Shaking because he knew what was going to happen the moment Joonmyun's face appeared on that screen and he hated himself for being that weak; it had been five months, for Christ's sake. He should be well over the fact that Joonmyun was gone, but he wasn't. He wanted those minutes to go by slowly just so he could compose himself, and he thought of going offline but a promise was a promise and Joonmyun was Joonmyun. Sooner than he would have hoped it hit 4:00, and no sooner had he seen the green sign saying Joonmyun had logged on that a call started coming through, and he stared at it for a moment before hesitantly clicking accept.

Yixing clenched his eyes shut, opening them to that stupid closed mouth smile that was different to the one he usually wore; the one which was strictly reserved for Yixing, the one which Yixing couldn't even put into words how much he adored. He was wearing his half of the couple jumper set that they'd bought before they left (Yixing's was black with white thin stripes, whilst Joonmyun's was white with black thin stripes) and Yixing was wearing his too. Before he knew it he was slamming the laptop lid shut as he choked back a sob, hands covering his face as he bawled into his palms.

It was in no way quiet, and Jongin stood up from his position on the couch, Kyungsoo pulling him back.

"But Yixi-"

"I'll deal with this."

"But I can't just- I need to see how he is."

"I didn't say you couldn't come in, just let me do the talking."

Jongin nodded in understanding, Kyungsoo giving Jongin's hand a slight squeeze before letting go and opening the door.

Yixing looked up as he heard the door opening to the couple, biting his lip as he tried not to cry. Kyungsoo sat down on the edge of the bed next to him, and Yixing's head went back into his hands, hell-bent on not being any ‘weaker’ than he was.

Kyungsoo slowly put his hand on Yixing's thigh, rubbing circles with his thumb. Yixing looked up, and Kyungsoo lightly brushed the hair out of his eyes.

"Yixing-ah, it’s okay."

That was all it took for a sob to rip out Yixing's throat as he clutched onto Kyungsoo's shirt, head resting against it as Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around him in response.

Jongin watched on as his best friend broke down in his boyfriend’s arms, and couldn't help but fall a bit more in love. Not because of the situation, but maybe because Kyungsoo was perfect. He acted almost like a mother, but it wasn't in the way that he was treating Yixing like a kid. Jongin loved whenever he went to pick Kyungsoo up from work just because he'd get to see him interact with children sometimes, and he couldn't wait for the time when they'd have someone running around calling them daddy, even if they weren't related; he knew Kyungsoo would be perfect for it. However, he still looked upon worriedly, because the only thing that'd overtake his concern for an upset Yixing would be an upset Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo was fine.

Kyungsoo turned his head slightly to face Jongin.

"Could you message Joonmyun?" he asked, softly.

"Don't-can you-" Yixing whimpered out, "I don't want him to know."

"Make up something about the internet cutting out, tell him to wait and he'll be back on soon. Use Yixing's phone so he thinks it's him, okay?"

Jongin nodded, taking Yixing's phone which was next to him on the bed, before deciding to leave them alone.

"Oh, and call Baek to see if he can come over, we might need his skills."

Jongin nodded once more, before leaving the room and sitting against the door, typing out a message to send.

To: Joonmyun-oppa<3
The internet cut out >< I'll be back on as soon as I can  xx

Now dialing Baekhyun's number, Jongin pulled the phone up to his ear and he felt it vibrate. Must be Joonmyun responding, he thought.

Baekhyun answered on the fourth ring.

"Hey Xing, what's up?- Chanyeol didn't you hear me? I said it was Yixing."

"Oh hey Baek, it's me."

"You? Your phone is dead?"

"I'll explain later... Are you free right now?"

"Yeah, I'm just at Chanyeol's. Why?"

"Can you come over? I think we need you."

"WHO IS IT BAEKKIE?"

"’Yeol, quiet please. I'm talking to Jongin."

"Jongin? Why's Jongin calling?"

"I don't know! Sorry, when do you want me over?"

"As soon as possible if you can."

Baekhyun could hear the concern in Jongin's voice.

"Yours or Yixing's?"

"Mine."

"I'll be right over... Do I need to bring anything?"

"I'll just say that Yixing's upset,"

Baekhyun bit his lip, "I see, I'll be fifteen minutes. Is it alright of Yeollie comes over?"

"Sure thing."

"Alright, I'll be there soon."

"Thanks, hyung."

"No problem." Baekhyun responded, hanging up and running to the bathroom.

Jongin checked the message Yixing had received whist he was on the phone, finding out it was in fact from Joonmyun, and seeing how the first line said he'd wait, decided to not check the rest, knowing it was for Yixing and not himself.

Jongin hadn't fully closed the door, and he could hear as Kyungsoo spoke softly to Yixing, who hadn't stopped sobbing, though he had quietened down a bit. Slowly he quietened and call Jongin could hear was his soft sniffles and Kyungsoo's smooth voice.

"Shh, shh, he'll be back soon."

"But he won't- he won't. I don't know what to do anymore, I miss him so much and it hurts, and I just-."

"Yixing-ah, he feels the same way, he misses you too, he doesn't know what to do either."

"It doesn't seem like it, I'm weak and he's strong, he's fine and I'm not."

"But Yixing-ah, you told him you're fine so he'll believe you because he trusts you. He won't tell you he's not fine because he doesn't want to burden you and he doesn't want you to feel bad."

"Why won't he just-"

"Why won't you just?"

Yixing sighed in resignation, his crying had now subsided and all that was left was a tear-stained face and an extremely sore throat. Kyungsoo had a fair point, one that he definitely couldn't argue with. He'd told the two to specifically not tell Joonmyun about his emotional state, and had no plans on letting him know.

"Ugh, I look like . How am I going to talk to him like this?"

Jongin chose this moment to walk in, "Baekhyun's on it, he'll be here in a moment."

Yixing let out the slightest laugh, typical Jongin and Kyungsoo, he swears. No sooner than Jongin had said it that they heard knocks on the front door that they heard it open, followed by a chirpy voice and the accompanying deep one which they'd grown used to associating it with.

Baekhyun spotted that the door to their spare room was open, instantly rushing in and squeezing the life out of Yixing.

"ARE YOU OKAY WHAT HAPPENED WHO MADE YOU CRY I SWEAR I WILL BASH THEM UP-"

"Baek, you're not strong enough-"

"I SWEAR I WILL GET CHANNIE TO BASH THEM UP-"

Yixing actually laughed for the first time that week, "It's alright, I just..." He covered his face with his hands, trying to stop the red flush from covering his face out of embarrassment.

Baekhyun pulled his hands off, finally getting a good look of his face.

"Oh my god Yixing, this is no joke. WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU?"

"I'll explain it later." Yixing mumbled, as Baekhyun pulled him out and into the bathroom.

"Make him some tea, Kyunggie, if you don't want him to sound like he's dying he's gonna need it."

Kyungsoo rushed to the kitchen, following Queen Baekhyuna's orders. Jongin and Chanyeol awkwardly stood for a few moments, quite unsure of what to do, before shrugging and walking out to the kitchen where Kyungsoo was.

"So what happened?"

Jongin opened his mouth to speak, before realizing he didn't really know what to say, Kyungsoo taking over instead.

"Today is his and Joonmyun's six month anniversary."

That's all it took for Chanyeol to understand, letting out a soft 'oh...'

"He really misses him a lot, and I think he's worried because Joonmyun is spending a lot of time studying, like a lot, and to be honest none of us know why because he can't have more work than me and even I have more time. I guess he's just insecure too, he trusts Joonmyun one hundred percent but he can't help but worry."

"Ahh, I see," Chanyeol said, frowning. "I wonder what he's doing...?"

"I don't know," Kyungsoo replied, grabbing the mug as he walked towards their bathroom, "But I hope it stops soon, or Yixing’s going to break."

Jongin and Chanyeol nodded, processing what happened for a few minutes until Kyungsoo came back, Jongin trying to figure out what he could possibly do.

"I have to tell Joonmyun." He said as Kyungsoo walked back in.

"Are you sure? He didn't want you to."

"I have to, Kyunggie. He's the only one that can make him feel better."

Kyungsoo nodded, he understood.

"I haven't spoken to him in so long... How is Joonmyun?" Chanyeol asked.

"He's alright," Kyungsoo said, "He's doing somewhat better than Yixing, but I only think that's because he's spending so much time studying."

 

It was nice to talk to Chanyeol, Jongin didn't see him much anymore because of university, but despite that he was still one of his closest friends. Although he seemed kind of crazy and not so serious on the outside, he was a basin full of common sense on the inside. He had amazing people skills, and Jongin had always thought that if anyone out of their friends could become some sort of world leader, it'd be Chanyeol.

Fifteen minutes later, Baekhyun walked out of the room with Yixing trailing behind him, Jongin's eyes bulging out of his head.

" Baek, your hands must be magical."

"Oh," Chanyeol started, "They are magical." he said, winking suggestively at Baekhyun, who in turn just threw a packet of cotton pads at his face.

You couldn't argue with the either of them though, because if you'd seen Yixing before he’d cried, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Any blotches or tear-stains were gone, and Yixing looked fresher than he had in a while. Jongin handed him his phone, Yixing smiling when he read the message again, his eyes contradicting it as they started to tear up again. He blinked them away furiously as he sent a message saying he'd be back on soon.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol took this as their cue to leave. The two rushing up to Yixing to hug him, Chanyeol also -subtly- squeezing Baekhyun's , making him jump and hit his boyfriend on the shoulder.

"Thanks, Baekhyun."

"Any time," he replied, "Though I don't really want to do this too often."

Yixing smiled, "I'll try,"

Baekhyun poked him on the nose, pouting. Yixing laughed.

"Fine, I won't."

Baekhyun smiled as Chanyeol grabbed his hand.

"We'll see you guys later, okay?"

The two boys said their goodbyes and Yixing ran back into Jongin's and Kyungsoo's spare room, ripping the laptop lid up and waiting for Skype to log in again. As soon as it did he clicked Joonmyun's name, and he answered immediately. This time, Yixing forced the tears back as he saw Joonmyun's face.

"Happy anniversary Yixing-ah, I love you~"

It was far from happy, but Yixing was just thankful that he had someone like Joonmyun.

They spoke for hours, until Joonmyun fell asleep and Yixing left a message explaining what happened, saying that he loved him, and that he couldn't wait for their next anniversary which they'd get to spend together, and then all the ones after that.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Jongin, what’s up?” Joonmyun answered the phone, slightly confused why Jongin would ring him at this time of day.

“Hyung, I need to talk to you about something. It’s Yixing.”

Joonmyun’s face turned to a look of utter worry, “Why? What happened? Is he okay? Is he injured? Don’t tell me he let himself get injured he knows his blood doesn’t- ” he said, Jongin barely able to understand, deciding to intervene.

“No he’s not injured.”

Joonmyun sighed a breath of relief, but the concern stayed. “Well then what’s wrong?”

“He’s sad, he’s really sad.”

“Well I know-“

“No, you don’t. Where the have you been?”

“Jongin, I don’t- can you just explain the situation for me?”

“You know he ing misses you, he misses you a lot. He cried himself to sleep for the first month, you know. He won’t admit it but he is barely eating properly, and all he does is dance and sleep. He misses you a lot ing more than you recognize, but maybe you’d ing see that if you payed him more attention. Where the have you been and what the have you been doing? Do you know how ing worried he is?”

Jongin didn’t realize his voice had raised, and Joonmyun was gobsmacked, absolutely gobsmacked. He didn’t know how to reply, his mouth moving up and down but no words coming out. Jongin broke the silence first.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry for snapping, but what are you doing? I know there are timezones but you used to be able to speak to him and over the past few months he’s been losing it because you’re not there. You can’t be studying all that time, Joonmyun. I don’t know much but I know that Kyungsoo doesn’t even study as much as you do and he’s becoming a doctor.”

Joonmyun sighed, deciding to come clean with the truth, on one condition.

“You can’t tell anyone, okay?”

Jongin’s jaw clenched.

He wouldn’t.

“You didn’t ing-“

“No!” Joonmyun shouted into the phone, “No, I never would. Don’t even think that.”

“Good,” Jongin deadpanned. “What is it then?”

“No Jongin, I swear. You have to promise me not to tell anyone, okay?”

Jongin breathed, “Fine, I promise.”

“I’m trying to come home earlier.”

“What?”

“You heard me,” Joonmyun started, “Everyone here is nice and all but I need to be home, and mum has said if I get top of the cohort this year then it's proof enough I've taken this seriously and made the best out of the situation. I can’t talk to Yixing whilst I do it or I’ll get distracted and there’s no point.”

“You haven’t told Yixing?”

“No, I don’t want him to know in case I don’t manage. I don’t want to make false promises.”

“Does Kyungsoo know?”

“No,” Joonmyun replied, “You’re the only one from home I’ve told, please don’t tell either of them.”

Jongin sighed, but he could see Joonmyun’s point.

“Fine, I won’t. Just please, give more time to Yixing. He misses you a lot and it’s been getting worse and I am seriously worried for him. He’s always tired and worn out and I’m scared. Just please talk to him, please. Find some more time for him, please.”

Joonmyun nodded, before realizing Jongin couldn’t see him and spluttering out a yes.

“I’d hate you for what you’re doing to him if you weren’t my friend, you know.”

“I’d hate me too, I do hate me too.”

“And I’d hate you even more if I didn’t know that it wasn’t your choice that you had to go there.”

Joonmyun laughed, “’Thanks for telling me Jongin, really.”

“I had to. But please, don’t tell him I spoke to you about it.”

“I wont, Jongin. Can I just ask, your internet didn’t cut out yesterday, did it?”

“No, hyung. Yixing slammed the computer shut before you saw him crying.”

“I thought so,” Joonmyun felt his heart squeeze as his suspicions were confirmed.

“Thanks for looking after him, Jongin-ah. Really.”

“He’s my best friend, what else am I going to do?”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Yixing-ah.”

Yixing was surprised that when Joonmyun had asked him to video chat when they’d only done it a few days ago, brushing it off when Joonmyun told him he had a bit of a break (not that he necessarily did, but after talking to Jongin he knew he had to).  Plus, he’d been missing him a lot recently (if the previous Saturday had been anything to go by) and it was an opportunity he wouldn’t give up.

“Are you eating well?”

Yixing raised an eyebrow, making Joonmyun laugh on the other end of the screen.

“What sort of question is that?”

Joonmyun furrowed his brow.

“I just wanted to check that my boyfriend is eating properly?”

Yixing bit his lip, “Am I too fat now?”

Joonmyun rolled his eyes, because no, he was thinking something along the opposite lines.

“You’re not fat, and if you want to check that just look down your shirt because last time I checked you had abs and you can’t get them if you’re fat.”

Yixing pulled the front of his shirt out, looking down it and seeing his abs had indeed stayed. He realized it was strange, as yes, he’d looked at himself in the mirror recently, but he’d never taken the time to actually look at himself anymore. Whether it was because he didn’t feel like he needed to impress anyone else because he had Joonmyun but he was away, or because he just didn’t have the energy, he wasn’t sure. Yixing pushed his lips together, pouting slightly and nodding. Hey, Joonmyun was right.

“Then why do you ask?

“I just want to know you’re looking after yourself. “

I’m trying my best.

“Yes, I am eating. I’m fine, baby, so don’t worry about me.”

 

 

 “You look tired.”

“Well, it is 9AM.”

Joonmyun once again rolled his eyes, that wasn’t quite what he meant.

“I didn’t mean that.”

“I dance every day, what do you expect?” Yixing grinned, slightly hiding the dark marks that had been forming under his eyes for months.

“How much have you been sleeping?”

“A lot more than you think, you worry too much.” Yixing smiled, but he knew deep inside that Joonmyun wanted to question further, and that he wouldn’t believe him, deciding to quickly assure him that he’d sleep more if it’d make him happy, and changing the subject, Joonmyun reluctantly following along.

 

 “I miss you.”

“I miss you too, of course I do.”

Joonmyun smiled cheekily.

“How much?”

Yixing laughed, “You’re such a loser.”

 

“…Do you still love me?”

“Do you still need to ask this question?”

“I feel like I need to check sometimes. Am I not paying enough attention to you?”

You are, I’m just weak.

“Of course I still love you, and of course you are. Don’t be silly.”

“I’m sorry I’m not online more.”

“What, you think I can’t live without you?”

“I just want you to know I love you no matter what.”

“I love me no matter what too.”

Joonmyun scoffed.

“But I love you more, so don’t worry.”

 

“Are you happy with me?”

 “…Didn’t we go through this before?”

“Answer the question.”

“Of course I’m happy with you.”

I’m just not happy because you’re not here.

“I want you to be happy, Yixing.”

“Well I think I’m happy,” but I know I’m not. “Are you happy?”

“I’m happy as long as you’re happy.”

So what are you then?

 

 

 

∩( ・ω・)∩ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  Authors Note  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ∩( ・ω・)∩

Err what is happening er.
//putting in more sad because I can
Tell me what you think? 

I don't have much to say today o.o
To everyone that is subscribing/commenting/upvoting, thank you thank you thank you so much :3
I love it when you comment so please please feel free to ^-^

If you want to contact me you can always add me on here, or contact me on my Tumblr c: I'd love to talk to you guys!
I also have a LINE and KakaoTalk, so if you want to chat on that, message me and I'll let you know my ID :3

Stay cool, guys ;)