Kyungsoo and Jongin (and Jongin and Kyungsoo)

The Disadvantages of Having a Not So Dumb Boyfriend

Kyungsoo was three the first time it happened. Barely old enough to remember, but some things are going to hit you harder than others.

His father had been at work, and his mother was upstairs on the phone. Kyungsoo noticed the little things, like when the day was slightly darker, or when he could hear his mother’s voice echoing through the house slightly louder than usual, slightly lower than usual, with a slightly more vexed than usual tone.

His sister was playing with him at the time. Subin was a pretty girl, with long, straight black hair and pink lips. You could tell the two were related, their eyes which they’d inherited from their father being the major giveaway. She was four years older than himself, and even so, she was his best friend and the person that really cared for him the most. He didn’t see much of his father because he was always working, and his mother for reasons that he didn’t really know. It didn’t cross his young mind to find out why, either.

All of a sudden he heard his mother’s shill screams, yells, and then deadly silence. He looked up at his sister wide eyed, a frown on his face and she gave him a kiss on the forehead, making the smile come back on his lips, before going back to play with their toys.

Subin had always been intelligent, surprisingly so for a seven year old. She knew that something was wrong with her parent’s relationship, that they didn’t really seem to love each other. She’d seen the other few men that came in their house, and she’d known why they snuck out the back door hours later once her father came home. Her family was falling apart bit by bit and all she could do was watch from the sidelines because if she got involved than Kyungsoo got involved, and she couldn’t risk him getting hurt.

Five minutes after the yelling had ceased, their mother came storming down the stairs, bag clutched in her hands and makeup running. She stopped, giving one last glare at the two before screaming at the two about them ruining everything she had, grabbing a vase off the hall-table and hurling it at the pair, narrowly missing Kyungsoo and smashing into the couch, before swinging the door open and walking out, slamming it shut.

His father burst through the doors twenty minutes later panting and clearly worried. He ran up the stairs, and checked every room before coming back down to the pair, shaking, eyes welling up with tears.

“Where’s your mother?”

“She left.” Subin answered blankly, before returning back to the doll she was playing with.

It was now that Kyungsoo’s father dropped on to the couch, head in his hands. For the first time, Kyungsoo saw his father cry.

Kyungsoo never saw his mother again, and whenever people brought up him finding her, he instantly dismissed the idea; he didn’t want to know her. He left her and his sister, his dad, no explanation, though he figured that out when he was older. She may not have been a good mother, but she was meant to care and she didn’t. Maybe things were better without her around, but she still left, and it still killed.

 

Things didn’t really change all that much after his mother departed, his sister still being the main person that looked after him, and his dad still at work, except now he worked less hours at work and more at home. Subin didn’t really see the reason for him to be spending more time at home, because he spent the whole time locked in his office. To her, it was just a way that it looked like their father had some sense of caring for them.

School was just a quick walk away, so once Kyungsoo started school, Subin walked the both of them. She never really liked their father, she was never really close to him. Their father had always been caught up with too much work, and her mother had been completely irresponsible, not that she was even in the picture anymore. She despised her mother more than anyone else in the world, partly for leaving, partly for not loving them, and partly for nearly hurting Kyungsoo more times than she could count (Kyungsoo only found out the last time though, Subin couldn’t make up an excuse for that). Kyungsoo was her baby brother, and it was safe to say that he was her world, and she was what kept him grounded.

 

Kyungsoo met Joonmyun in his last year of elementary school, when Joonmyun had just come back from living in America- on his first day at Korean school in a while, to be exact.

It was midway through the term, and when they were partnered in a school project Kyungsoo kind of wanted to punch the teacher because what if he couldn’t even speak Korean properly? They had to do an assignment on a TV show of their choice, and the two instantly straightened up and glared at each other, like whatever one said, the other had no choice in the matter. The teacher told them to go off into their pairs, and they were both extremely surprised when they reached each other and screamed out Pokémon simultaneously, eyes widening when they realized they both wanted to do the same thing (thus making the decision process that much easier). He was even more surprised to find out that Joonmyun spoke with perfect pronunciation, and it all kind of made sense when he found out he’d grown up in Korea (it hadn’t even clicked when he seemed to understand everything the teacher said). They got an A+ for the assignment, and it was safe to say that the two were best friends ever since.

School had been a lifesaver for Kyungsoo, he’d made friends, and he wasn’t as reliant on his sister anymore, so she could go out and have a life too. Subin had always had a way with kids (if Kyungsoo was any example) and got a job at a daycare centre whilst she was in high school, and continued it once she’d gone into university (her father payed the fees, whilst she set up two separate bank accounts- one for herself and one for Kyungsoo. She said that when he was older she wanted to be the one that sent him to university, because she was the best big sister ever. She made sure that the majority of her pay check went in to Kyungsoo’s, no matter how much he told her not to, and had already written a will to say that if anything happened, it’d all be Kyungsoo’s). Even with balancing her job and school, she consecutively took Kyungsoo (and sometimes Joonmyun, because she liked that kid too) out every week, the two now having a more brother-sister relationship instead of her being the mother.

Subin had always been the most important figure in Kyungsoo’s life. When he was discovering himself, she helped him, supported him. She told him that hey, it was fine to like guys even if you were a guy, no matter what anyone else thought, and how it’d be fun because they could e on guys together. Kyungsoo blushed at this statement, making Subin pinch his cheeks. He remembered how the first time he was going to stay at Joonmyun’s whilst his parents were out, she wriggled his eyebrows at him and told him to use protection. Instantly she was being attacked with pillows, Kyungsoo screaming at her saying (quote) “NO, THAT’S LIKE .”

If Kyungsoo had a problem, Subin could tell. She knew and hassled it out of him, no matter how long it took. Kyungsoo was the same, except if Subin had any issues she saved him the trouble and straight out told him. She was protective of her brother, and they were tightly knit despite the age difference. He and Joonmyun were tight as anything too, but his sister was his sister. She was the most important person in his life, and he didn’t know what he’d do without her. She made his life stable.

He found that stability never last, and all it took was one phone call when he was 15.

 

“I have to go to work, I love you Kyungsoo, I’m leaving now!”

He didn’t realize that those’d be the last words he’d ever hear her say when he heard them.

“Bye noona, I love you too!” he called out as she walked through the door, waving and smiling like she usually did before she went to work. She really loved her job, and Kyungsoo knew by the way her eyes lit up whenever she told him about her day.

It was six hours later that the phone rang, a member of the ambulance telling him that she’d been involved in a car crash and had been killed on impact, and he went numb.

She was only 19. She had so much ahead of her. He needed her, and she was gone.

He rang his dad at work, telling him the news, before running to Joonmyun’s.

He couldn’t stay at home, he wasn’t even going to wait for his father to come because he’d be no help. He didn’t know what he’d do. Subin had always been the one to comfort him at home. Now she was gone.

He lost it when he reached Joonmyun’s, clutching onto him as his body racked with sobs. He’d never cried this much in his life, and once he told Joonmyun the news, he was crying too.

Kyungsoo stayed at Joonmyun’s that night, crying himself to sleep as his best friend cradled him, telling him that everything was going to be alright and it was going to be okay, and that Subin wouldn’t want to see him this sad.

When he returned home the next day, he found his father in the kitchen, and found out that the funeral was in a few days. The funeral was the second time he’d seen his father cry.

 

Kyungsoo and his dad had a weird relationship. He’d always been working, and although Kyungsoo was thankful for how he’d supported him and his sister, he wished that his father had been more of a, well, father. They were awkward, if anything. It didn’t mean they didn’t love each other, they just didn’t really know how to covey it. They had moments when they’d laugh and joke like a real father and son, but they were rare, and Kyungsoo treasured them when he had them.

Time passed, and Kyungsoo dedicated more time to schoolwork, vowing to get into Seoul National University like he’d promised Subin he would. He knew he had to be happy too though, and that happened when he got his first boyfriend. He was 16 then.

He was tall with light brown hair, and perfect in Kyungsoo’s opinion.

The only person that could deny it was one sided was Kyungsoo, and that’s because he was blinded by too much adoration to see it. He remembered the elated feeling he’d have when he woke up, excited at the prospect of seeing Hyunjoon. He remembered the feeling in his chest when he woke up on their two month anniversary, where he was meeting his boyfriend and they were going to go on a date. Kyungsoo was convinced he was in love, and he made himself believe that maybe, just maybe after he’d offered himself up to him two nights before, that Hyunjoon was in love with him too.

He certainly didn’t expect it when his first dumped him that day.

“I don’t like you, I never did,” he said simply. “We’re not dating anymore, I’m leaving.”

Thirteen words that made Kyungsoo crumble once again, after all he’d done to build himself up.

He didn’t even let Kyungsoo respond, not even waiting for a look of recognition before he walked away. He just left.

Kyungsoo didn’t expect strong arms to catch him when he collapsed.

“Kyungsoo hyung, are you alright?” it was a deep voice, one that he’d heard before. He looked up and found it was Jongin. They went to the same school, and they’d spoken a bit so he guessed they were bordering on friends. He had a bit of a reputation, but Kyungsoo was one of those people that insisted on not judging people until he knew them. He knew Jongin was friends with Yixing who was a good friend of Joonmyun’s (not to mention the boy he’d been fanboying over recently), and he knew that him and Joonmyun were on good terms, but he’d never found himself talking to Jongin even though they were in the same group. He didn’t really know why Jongin was bothering.

Kyungsoo shook his head up and down, daring not to open his mouth because he knew he’d start crying if he did.

“Are you really?” he asked softly, and the look of genuine concern kind of startled Kyungsoo.  It was all it took for him to give in because no, he really wasn’t alright and all he really needed to do was cry.

Jongin didn’t seem surprised at all when Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around him, sobbing into his shoulder, instead wrapping his arms around the other boy as he shook.

It was unfamiliar, but all he needed was someone to cry to and it felt nice.

Jongin ended up taking him back to his house, and Kyungsoo found someone else he could rely on. He didn’t want to, because nearly everyone that he ever had left him once, but he couldn’t help it. Jongin pulled him in like a black hole, and he couldn’t stop it.

 

Everything else happened in a blur.

It was one month later when Kyungsoo was on the phone to Jongin. His dad was at work and he didn’t expect him back for a while, and hadn’t heard him come in when he was laughing at something particularly funny about his ex.

“Anyway, I really don’t like him anymore, and I’ve realized now that I never loved him. Thanks a lot, Jongin. Really.”

He heard his father’s briefcase drop to the ground from behind the couch, and his face paled as he turned around, not quite sure what to expect.

One thing that Kyungsoo had never mentioned to his father was the fact that he was gay. He never felt like he needed to, and he was honestly scared of how his father would react. He was old fashioned in many retrospects, and this could be one of them.

“What did you say?” he asked through gritted teeth, eyes fuming with an anger Kyungsoo hadn’t even seen when his father had met the other person involved the car crash with Subin- the one that had hit her, and survived.

Kyungsoo squeaked, dropping the phone. His father was getting closer and closer and he couldn’t form words.

“I asked you, what did you say?”

Kyungsoo remained silent, a loud slap sounding through the air and a painful sting on his cheek.  Kyungsoo tried to steady his breath, anger slowly rising in his chest.

“I said ‘I really don’t like him anymore, and I’ve realized now that I never loved him. Thanks a lot, Jongin. Really.‘”

Another sting on Kyungsoo’s cheek, this time it started to go numb.

“You’re telling me you’re a ?” his father snarled.

Kyungsoo felt like he’d been punched in the stomach, and his speechlessness suddenly turned into words.

“Yes, I am gay. I like guys. Why is this a problem?”

This time it was a punch, and Kyungsoo stood up, face to face with his father.

“If you’re a ,” he said, emphasizing the word like it was some kind of disease, “Then there’s a problem. I didn’t raise my son to be one of those people.”

Kyungsoo snapped.

“Well , dad, because I’m pretty sure you didn’t ing raise me, Subin did! Whilst you locked yourself in your office, Subin is the one that paid attention to me! She knew I’m gay, dad, the whole ing school knows I’m gay! Maybe if you paid more ing attention to your family instead of your work you would know these things!” Kyungsoo screamed, “You know I really tried hard with you dad, I really did. Subin did too, but you never change. No wonder mum left, we’re not the only ing reason, you know. She was as ing happy as I am now.”

“Faggots don’t deserve to be happy, you’re a ing disgrace for a son.”

“WELL BLAME YOURSELF, BECAUSE I’M HALF YOU.”

“WHY WOULD I WANT A SON LIKE YOU? WE NEVER ING WANTED YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE.”

That hurt, that really hurt.

“WELL , I DIDN’T CHOOSE TO BE BORN, I DIDN’T CHOOSE FOR YOU TO BE MY DAD.”

Kyungsoo’s father raised his fist again, Kyungsoo cringed and prepared for impact.

“Don’t touch him!” a deep voice yelled, there was a loud crack, but Kyungsoo hadn’t been injured. He felt nothing but the light brushing of clothing against him.

Jongin rubbed his jaw, eyes burning as he stared at Kyungsoo’s father.

“Get the out,” his father snarled at the two, holding his jaw. “I never want to see Kyungsoo and any faggots he associates himself with again.”

This was the third and final time Kyungsoo ever saw his dad cry, though it wasn’t even because he’d lost his son.

Kyungsoo didn’t want to see him again.

“Well I doubt he wants to see you again either. It’s only your loss, you lost a perfect son.” Jongin replied cooly, tone neutral, though it was clear he was fuming.

Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo’s arm and pulled him along and out of the house, easing the farther and farther they got away. Kyungsoo couldn’t form words, he couldn’t talk, and right now he couldn’t even think. He didn’t know what was happening anymore, everything was such a blur.

Jongin pulled him into his house, and Kyungsoo instantly ran to the bathroom, Jongin following and finding him heaving into the toilet. He stood behind him, rubbing circles in his back as he convulsed, before nothing else was coming out and the retching stooped. Jongin lifted him up and carried him to his room, before running out and returning with a glass of water, which Kyungsoo took gladly.

Jongin’s fingers delicately brushed Kyungsoo’s hair out of his face, and all of a sudden what happened hit him and his eyes welled up, and he couldn’t see. Everything just hurt so much.

“Jongin, Jongin, Jongin.” he chanted through sobs, clinging onto the back of Jongin’s shirt as he wrapped his arms around him. “Why does everything happen to me? What kind of a father doesn’t love his son, Jongin? What did I do, why do I deserve this? Why does no one want me, Jongin? Why does everyone end up leaving? My own father kicked me out of the house. Why don’t I deserve to be happy?”

“It’s not your fault Kyungsoo, you don’t deserve this, you don’t deserve any of it. You deserve to be happy, I promise I won’t leave you, I promise.”

Kyungsoo didn’t know whether to believe him, they’d only been actual friends for a month and he didn’t know if he could believe anyone but Joonmyun anymore. He looked up to see Jongin looking at him so worriedly, eyes so wide open with concern that he knew he could at the moment.

“It’s okay Kyungsoo, I’ll look after you, just believe me. It’s alright to cry.”

Neither of them knew how long they sat there for, all Kyungsoo knew was how safe he felt in Jongin’s hold and how reassuring the soft cooing and kisses on his head and hands rubbing his back were. It kind of scared him how right it felt, but it was way too early for him to even think of opening up again.

It was when Kyungsoo calmed down that he asked a question that had been on his mind since Jongin stepped into his house.

“How did you know?”

Kyungsoo was sitting with his legs crossed, a pillow clutched to his chest, as Jongin sat up against the wall.

“We were talking on the phone before, remember? It’s my fault Kyungsoo, I’m so sorry. If I hadn’t rung you then-“

“Don’t blame yourself, Jongin-ah. It was going to happen eventually.”

Jongin opened his mouth to protest, but Kyungsoo quickly spoke to shut him up.

“Thank you… For- for saving me.”

Jongin’s heart sort of fluttered at those words, and he had to stop himself from smiling because it wasn’t really the time.

“I wasn’t going to leave you alone.”

Kyungsoo smiled softly, and another flutter in Jongin’s heart.

The older sighed,“What do I do?” he mumbled, head in his hands, “Joonmyun’s out of town, and I can’t just ask him if I can live with him anyway. Do you think he’d mind if I just went to his house?”

“Hyung,” Jongin said seriously. “Live with me, I mean, if it doesn’t make you uncomfortable. I mean, I know that you’re much better friends with Joonmyun and it’d probably be more comfortable for you-“

“Won’t your parents mind?”

“’Soo, my parents are never at home. I basically live by myself?”

“But- I can’t pay you… I have money but I can’t pay you with that.”

“Hyung, you don’t need to pay rent.”

“But Jongin-ah, I can’t just-“

“Then cook for me, hyung, whatever you want. I just want to know you’re safe.”

Kyungsoo smiled in defeat, ruffling Jongin’s hair slightly, making him pout.

“Alright, but I’m not going to freeload.”

Jongin’s face lit up. “You won’t regret it, Kyungsoo-hyung!”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “Yeah yeah” before his face suddenly turned darker.

“Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo bit his lip, “I hate to ask, but can you come with me to… Get some stuff tomorrow? It’ll be whilst… Whilst he’s at work, but I still don’t want to... Go alone.”

“Of course, Kyunggie. I can call you Kyunggie, right?” Jongin replied, and Kyungsoo had to admit he felt the tips of his ears go pink at the nickname.

“Punk!” Kyungsoo playfully slapped his arm, “Don’t call me Kyunggie.”

“Alright, Kyunggie,” Jongin emphasized the name, but soon cut himself off when he saw the bruises blooming against Kyungsoo’s cheek, wondering why the hell he noticed them before. He quickly ran to the bathroom, grabbing the first aid kit before kneeling down in front of Kyungsoo, softly swiping his thumb across his face.

“…How many times did he hit you, hyung?”

Kyungsoo flinched when Jongin brushed an extremely sensitive bit, before searching through the box and pulling out some cream, gently putting it on. The coldness of the cream contrasted with the heat of Kyungsoo’s face from the hits and the warmth coming from Jongin’s fingers, making him shiver.

“Three times,” Kyungsoo laughed painfully, “He slapped me twice and punched me once.”

“How could he...” Jongin whispered, gently wiping his thumb over Kyungsoo’s cheek, perhaps once more than necessary, before going to put it back in the box. Kyungsoo reached a hand out to stop him, pulling him back up on to the bed. Jongin’s eyes widened.

“What? You got hurt too.”

Jongin hoped his face going pink wasn’t too noticeable.

“You didn’t have to take the punch for me, Jongin-ah.”

“I didn’t want to see you get hurt again. You’ve been hurt too much, hyung. You don’t deserve it.”

Kyungsoo wondered why Jongin used to have such a reputation, when he was really the sweetest thing he’d ever met. He didn’t realize he was the reason that Jongin had changed.

Jongin hadn’t banged a new person every week, but he was in a constant cycle of dating and dropping. When he saw Kyungsoo so broken that one day, when he found out exactly why and how, it was so similar to the way he’d been. To think that someone could do that to someone as beautiful Kyungsoo was unthinkable, but he knew someone in the world would think the same way about what Jongin did to others.

 

That night Jongin went up to set the couch for him to sleep on just that one time, Kyungsoo stopped him, telling him that he’d just rather share Jongin’s, if that was alright. He didn’t want to kick Jongin out of his bed, nor did he want to be alone. Although he felt like he had to keep himself guarded, he just really needed some sort of comfort.

It was when they were sleeping and Jongin unconsciously grabbed his hand and wrapped the same arm around Kyungsoo’s side that he wasn’t sure how long he’d be able to do that.

 

Jongin knew it was a long shot when one month later he asked Kyungsoo if he’d go out with him, and he wasn’t surprised when Kyungsoo said no, nor was he angry or upset. He’d expected it, after all he’d been through, and when Kyungsoo said “I’m sorry Jongin, I just don’t think I’m ready for a relationship yet.” he’d replied with a “That’s alright, I’ll wait for you.” and it really was true, because he’d do anything for Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo wasn’t like anyone Jongin had ever met before. To him Kyungsoo was beautiful, and everything about him was perfect. From the way he insisted on helping out so he wasn’t freeloading to the way his singing was as smooth as rich coffee, to the way he smiled and the cute noises that he made in his sleep. He was fragile, but Jongin knew he could look after him, and just wanted to make him happy. He wanted to let Kyungsoo know that there was always going to be someone, someone that maybe not loved him yet, but someone that’d always be there and always care, no matter what he was like before. He may not be there yet, but he knew every day he was so close to tipping off the edge and falling in love with Do Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was glad that his rejection of Jongin didn’t make anything between them awkward, but he knew that Jongin had expected it. It wasn’t that he hated the idea of dating Jongin, it was quite the opposite. He knew that he was easy to break and he wasn’t sure if he was ready to open himself up to anyone that way again. He liked Jongin so much more than he had ever liked his previous boyfriend, and it scared him because look what happened there, and Kyungsoo had thought it was love.

“Please, ‘Soo, just give Jongin a chance. He really really likes you, you’re all he talks about.” Yixing said to him one day just as the bell had gone. Since Kyungsoo and Jongin had become closer and Yixing and Jongin were best friends, whilst Joonmyun and Kyungsoo were, they became even better friends in their group and Kyungsoo had found himself becoming closer to the transfer student.

“I know, I know. I just don’t know if I’m ready.”

Yixing nodded, by now everyone in their 12 member group knew about what had happened to Kyungsoo, asking for immediate explanation when he moved in with Jongin. Joonmyun was slightly confused about the whole ordeal, but didn’t question the move when he saw the way Jongin looked at him, and the way Kyungsoo stole glances.

“If there’s anyone that’s going to look after you, it’s Jongin, ‘Soo. I know that he used to sleep around a little, but ever since he actually met you that’s stopped and I’ve never seen him happier than when he’s with you. When you’re ready, please give him the chance. You both deserve to be happy.”

“I know Yixing, I will. I’m just not ready yet.”

 

Another month passed, and then another, and then Kyungsoo found himself in a position where Jongin had his hands covering his eyes as he lead him God-knows-where. He told Kyungsoo to keep his eyes shut and he complied just to make Jongin happy, before he heard the rustle of keys and a click of a lock. Jongin clasped his hands over Kyungsoo’s eyes again just before he could open them, and walked him forward until pulling him to a halt.

“Okay Kyunggie, open your eyes in three, two, one.”

Jongin’s hands flew off as he sang a “Tadah!” and instantly Kyungsoo’s eyes flew open, scanning the surrounding area. It was an empty room, with all white walls and no furniture. It suddenly hit him that this was an apartment and why did Jongin look so happy?

Jongin placed a little wrapped package in his hands, Kyungsoo eyeing it curiously before opening it. Inside was another set of keys, and he looked up to Jongin’s grinning face.

“How do you like it?”

Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped. “You’re kidding, right? You’re ing kidding? How- Jongin, how- what? You’re not ing with me right now are you?”

Jongin laughed, “No, Kyunggie, I’m not. My parents bought this place for us.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes started to well up. Jongin had managed to get his parents to buy them a condo but why?

“Why Jongin? It’s… It’s too much.”

“Nothing is too much for you, ‘Soo. I knew you were kinda uncomfortable at my house, and it was weird for you when my parents came back from business trips. They were more than happy when I asked and they helped me do everything. Plus, I think they were getting irritated because whenever they were back they couldn’t do whatever they wanted to.” Jongin shuddered at the thought. “I know we’re not even adults yet, but I just thought it’d be better. We can decorate it however we want and have little rave parties and I even made sure that it had a good sized kitchen because I know how much you like to cook and-“

Jongin was pleasantly interrupted by Kyungsoo.

And his lips.

Kyungsoo didn’t know what he was doing when he surged forward and grabbed Jongin, kissing him after at least two months of wanting to do so. All he knew was that this warmth filled him and he could hear fireworks, and his heart felt like it was going to burst and then he realized why he felt this and he pulled away, eyes wide, shocked at his actions. Jongin also looked a bit stunned, but also very pleased.

“What was that for?” Jongin smirked; that y dumb goddamn smirk that Kyungsoo had grown to despise even though he loved it.

Kyungsoo felt his face flush, and lost most of his speaking capacity.

“I guess you finally decided to give me a chance?” Jongin asked, eyes hopeful and slightly unsure, despite the contradictory teasing smirk on his face.

“ it, you’re perfect.” Kyungsoo blurted, wrapping his arms around Jongin’s neck and pulling him down, kissing him once again. The feeling of Jongin’s lips against his was something that his ex-boyfriend could never compare to, and Kyungsoo found himself knowing that no, that hadn’t been love, because this feeling definitely is.

They pulled apart, foreheads resting against each other’s. “Fall in love with me Kyungsoo, please.” Jongin whispered, looking deeply in his eyes as he spoke.

Kyungsoo had never learnt how to swim, so he knew he was definitely drowning.

“I- I already have.”

Jongin smiled. It wasn’t a smirk, nor a half smile. It was a genuine smile that reached his eyes and made Kyungsoo’s heart go into overdrive.

“I love you, Kyungsoo, I really do.”

“I love you too, Jongin.” Kyungsoo replied, realizing with every word, every breath, every kiss, he was falling more and more in love. He was falling deeper and deeper and it felt so good that he didn’t know how to stop it, and honestly he didn’t think he could if he tried.

 

 

 

∩( ・ω・)∩ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  Authors Note  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ∩( ・ω・)∩

Uhh so I meant to tel you guys aout this chapter but I didn't realize it was the next one, so apologies.
So yeah no SuLay in this, just the KaiSoo backstory to their side couple and something else that happens (so it's important!!), I hope you didn't mind it. Tell me what you think ^^
KaiSoo is my OTP so yeah uh I couldn't resist :3
I am sorry Kyungsoo it seems I always have to give you a hard time.

Uh, as always, thank you to everyone that is subscribing/commenting/upvoting, you guys are amamamamazing and yeah, thank you so much.
I LOVE IT WHEN YOU GUYS COMMENT SO PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY GO AHEAD.
Feel free to message/follow/stalk/whatever me on Tumblr, or add me on here. I'd love to hear from you c:

Stay cool, guys ;)