Just Close Your Eyes (and Forgive Me)

The Disadvantages of Having a Not So Dumb Boyfriend

///IMPORTANT SO PLEASE READ//
This is a part of a double update, so if you haven't read the previous chapter, go go go :3

I REPEAT, THIS IS A PART OF A DOUBLE UPDATE.

Thank you ^-^

 

“Kyunggie, Yixing is here, see you after practice!” It was one of their last, and Jongin walked in to the kitchen where Kyungsoo was putting the remainder of the food he made in to a container. Jongin didn’t know why he’d made that much, but Kyungsoo told him it was so if he was hungry and he wasn’t around he would have something to eat. Jongin didn’t question it, because he knew Kyungsoo worried like that.

Maybe if Jongin hadn’t been running around so much, he would have noticed the way Kyungsoo’s shoulders slouched slightly lower than before. Maybe he would have noticed the way that Kyungsoo always looked concerned around him, like he had to tread carefully. Maybe he would have noticed the way that Kyungsoo had slightly detached from him, how he sunk less into Jongin’s arms or how he didn’t really initiate kisses or hugs anymore. Maybe if Jongin wasn’t so tired all the time, wasn’t out of home all the time, he might have noticed these things, but Jongin wasn’t really himself at the moment. Not meaning he wasn’t Jongin, he was only really doing three things in a day and they were eating, dancing and sleeping. He was so weighed down with practice and work that he didn’t really do anything else; he’d get home from rehearsals and be so tired he’d eat and just go straight to bed, too tired to be able to have a proper conversation. He’d been so focused on work that he didn’t have much time for Kyungsoo at the moment, and even though he’d told Kyungsoo that he was always there for him and if something was bothering him to tell him, Kyungsoo hadn’t. He thought that Kyungsoo must have been fine, because Jongin was Kyungsoo’s and Kyungsoo told Jongin everything. Jongin was working hard not only for himself but for Kyungsoo, and he didn’t realize that Kyungsoo didn’t realize this.

“Alright Jongin,” Kyungsoo replied, smiling at him, trying his best to hide the sadness that he really felt.

Jongin took his hand, kissing his fingers before moving to his mouth, kissing it softly. He moved his hands to Kyungsoo’s waist and Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around his neck, savoring the last time he ever thought he’d kiss Jongin. It was languid and gentle, like a lot had been recently, but at the same time they were just so Jongin and there wasn’t much more that Kyungsoo could ever want.

“I love you Jongin-ah, I love you so much. Don’t ever forget that.” he breathed as they pulled apart, shaking slightly and hoping that his voice wouldn’t crack.

“I love you too baby, you know I do.”

You won’t for much longer.

“But please, no matter what, don’t forget that. No matter what stupid things I do remember that I love you more than anything else and everything I ever do is because of that, alright?”

“Kyunggie, where is all this coming from?” Jongin giggled, pecking his cheek quickly. “I know you love me and I love you so much too, you know that, right?”

“I just wanted you to know…” Kyungsoo mumbled.

So that you’re not angry with me when I leave.

“You’re so perfect, Kyunggie. Yixing’s waiting for me though. I’m leaving now, okay?”

Leaving.

“Stop being silly,” Kyungsoo replied, “And I know, have fun baby.”

Jongin gave him one final kiss on the lips, before turning and walking out of the door, satchel in hand and leaving behind a heavy-hearted Kyungsoo.

“Bye, Jongin-ah…”

As soon as he heard the door click over, Kyungsoo went up to their shared bedroom, grabbing his backpack and sifting through the drawers. It didn’t take him long to find what he wanted, wanting to leave with as little as possible. Jongin’s parents gave him money like Jongin gave Yixing , so naturally, Jongin liked to spend it on Kyungsoo, saying that ‘what’s mine is yours’. Because of this, basically everything Kyungsoo owned was because of Jongin.

It was useless for Kyungsoo to ask his father for money, not even attempting to talk to him after that incident, and Jongin wouldn’t let Kyungsoo use the money that his sister had on things that weren’t his university (“She wanted to pay for it, so I’ll respect that, but you have to let me pay for everything else.”). Kyungsoo worked in a children’s clothing store a few times every week, having picked up his ability with kids courtesy of his sister (which came in handy when they were screaming at their mothers whilst in the store). He knew was more than enough to keep his university fund going with what Subin left him, but Jongin insisted on everything else.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“What took so long?”

“Sorry, I was saying good bye to Kyunggie…”

Yixing rolled his eyes. Yeah right, more like probably nearly ing him up the wall.

“I’m really nervous about the performance. What if Kyungsoo doesn’t like it?”

“Jongin, calm down. You’re lucky you have a boyfriend in the same country as- .”

Jongin looked confused. “What?”

“I forgot to pick up that shirt from your house.”

“Just get it on the way home.”

“I can’t, I didn’t bring one today so I thought I wouldn’t forget, but I did anyway. What time is it?”

“We have 20 minutes.”

“There’s time.” Yixing said, turning the car around and driving back to the couple’s house.

It only took a few minutes, and soon Yixing was jumping out of the car saying ‘I’ll just be a minute!’ and going up the elevators to where Jongin and Kyungsoo lived.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

 

Kyungsoo sat on the bed as he folded clothing. He’d already taken the clothing he wanted and laid it out on the bed, not really wanting to take much because all it’d do was remind him of Jongin. He knew he’d never get over Jongin, over the way that he slightly snored when he slept to the way that he bit his lips when he was especially nervous. He knew he’d bump into Jongin one day, and it’d  hurt because he’d probably have fingers entwined with someone else, eyes crinkling in the way that Kyungsoo loved because of someone else, but it was for the best. This way Jongin couldn’t leave him like he knew he would, and the time that Jongin had would be spent on someone that deserved it. It’ll be better this way, he told himself.

Kyungsoo barely had the time to register the knocks on the door before it opened.

“Kyungsoo, I just came in here to get the shirt I- what are you doing?”

Kyungsoo tried as hard as he could to not give himself away, hoping that his voice wouldn’t shake. He’d planned just in case this’d happen, but now it was here and his throat had gone dry.

“Y-Yixing, your shirt is over there.” he stuttered out, hoping the change in subject and complete disregard for the situation would work.

Yixing quickly grabbed it, before turning back to Kyungsoo, who was currently pulling things out of the bag instead of placing them in, in an attempt of making it look like he was unpacking.

“So you’re unpacking now?”

Kyungsoo laughed awkwardly, scratching his nape. Unlike Jongin, Yixing didn’t burst through the front door, announcing his presence. Yixing opened the door like a normal human being and Kyungsoo hadn’t heard him come in until he opened the door to Kyungsoo’s and Jongin’s room.

“I thought I always was?”

“…Where are you unpacking from?”

There was something in Yixing’s voice that definitely suggested that Kyungsoo was lying.

“I was somewhere else a few days ago…”

If the awkwardness in his voice wasn’t a dead giveaway, the way he was fidgeting was. Kyungsoo had never been good at lying.

“You wore that shirt two days ago. Why would you take so much away, anyway?”

Kyungsoo sat there stunned, Yixing’s words a metaphorical slap in the face. He hadn’t said anything that’d be particularly cutting, it was just the way he said it. He had a feeling that Yixing knew and he didn’t know what to do now.

“Please don’t tell Jongin…” Kyungsoo whimpered.

Yixing snapped. “I’m sorry Kyungsoo, but how the do you expect me to not tell Jongin?” he ran his hands through his hair, frustrated. “You mean the whole world to him and I can’t just let you walk out on him like this!”

“Yixing, it’s better if I-“

“You really don’t get it! I know that you’re bad at opening up to people, I know that you hurt, but don’t you for one second think that you mean less to Jongin than he means to you because it is no way true. I’ve been his best friend for three years and if I know anything I know how much he loves you.”

“But I’m not- I’m not-“ Kyungsoo stuttered, “He’s going to leave eventually.”

“Dammit Kyungsoo! He’s not going to leave you! I know Jongin, and before you two became friends if he didn’t like someone, he would let them off without a thought, until he met you. You never really knew him when he had a reputation, when his flings were as common as going to the store. You changed him from an absolute to one with emotions, and I’ll be ed if he’s ever been happier.”

“Please Yixing, don’t tell him. I have to-“

“No you don’t. You can’t leave him, he needs you.”

‘He doesn’t need me’ Kyungsoo thought, ‘he’ll be better off without me.’

“Fine, just please don’t tell him. I won’t go now, just don’t tell him.”

“Promise me.”

“I promise, Yixing.”

Yixing’s face softened, walking up and giving the shorter a hug. “Good, I’ll see you later ‘Soo.”

“See you, XingXing.” Kyungsoo waved as Yixing walked out the door.

It was still out of the question for Kyungsoo to stay, but he’d promised Yixing he wouldn’t go now. It was why he continued to pack his stuff after he was certain Yixing had left the house, and now all he needed to do was put the bag in a place where Jongin wouldn’t find it and get suspicious. The kitchen seemed like a good place, in the cupboard where all the drawers are specifically, and once he’d packed up he shoved it in there, hoping that when he pulled it out it wouldn’t make much noise.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Got it?” Jongin asked, watching Yixing as he shoved the shirt in his bag, seeming somewhat more on edge than when he went in.

“Yeah, I got it.” Yixing replied, getting into the drivers seat and turning the car on.

“You took longer than I thought you would…” Jongin said absentmindedly. Usually he would have made a larger deal about it, but there was something about Yixing’s mood that made him decide against it- a grumpy Yixing was not a fun Yixing, and Jongin had learnt that the hard way.

“Really? Huh…”

When Yixing dropped Jongin home, the last thing he said to him was “Keep an eye on Kyungsoo, alright?” Jongin was about to ask why he’d said that, but Yixing was already gone, leaving Jongin standing on the sidewalk very confused. He shook it off, thinking that Yixing was silly for saying such a thing when he always had his eyes on him.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Jongin opened the door quite gently, something he didn’t usually do. Honestly, he didn’t have the energy to make the loud entrance he usually did, and was glad when he was greeted with the sight of Kyungsoo laying asleep on the couch, his head wresting on one arm on the arm rest, the other curled up, clutching the chest area of his shirt.

Jongin walked up to him quietly and sat down on the coffee table, reaching over to lightly caress Kyungsoo’s face. He traced his cheekbones, relishing in the feel of the soft skin under his fingertips, before trailing them over his boyfriend’s plush lips. They were so soft, so innocent, but at the same time they had the power to drive Jongin crazy and he loved it.

Kyungsoo slowly stirred, his eyes fluttering open as he took in the sight of Jongin in front of him, staring at him in a way which could only describe as lovingly, and it made his heart clench. He knew it wouldn’t last long, and him leaving earlier would only shorten the amount of time it took Jongin to realize that.

“Hey gorgeous.” Jongin said, the lazy smile that Kyungsoo adored (among his many others) covering his face.

Kyungsoo felt his face get hot as he slowly sat up, eyes blinking rapidly to clear any remainders of sleep.

“I really want to hug you right now, but I smell and I don’t want to make you smell bad.”

Kyungsoo chuckled at Jongin’s bluntness. “What time is it?”

“It’s twenty past six, Kyunggie.” he replied, the fatigue from dance clearly evident in his voice. “I’m going to have a shower now, can you come with me?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, but really it was taking him all of his willpower to say no. He couldn’t become more attached.

“No, Jongin-ah. I’m clean, and I should make dinner anyway.”

“Hyung,” Jongin whined, “I’m tired and I can’t be bothered to wash myself. I promise once all this is over I’ll cook dinner, okay? Just come and shower with me~” he added in aegyo for effect, shaking his shoulders as he pouted.

“No, Jongin.”

“Hyung, I’m not going to jump you!”

“I know, I just can’t be bothered to shower right now, I need to make dinner.”

Kyungsoo really did want to shower with Jongin right now, but he didn’t want to let himself get more attached.

“You made so much food before I left though, let’s just eat that~”

“Kim Jongin, I made that for a different time,” When I’m not here.

“I like watching you cook, hyung. Please?”

“Then you better be quick!” Kyungsoo said, jumping up and running into the kitchen, Jongin grumbling and sulking to the shower, emerging dressed 10 minutes later.

“Hyung, I had a shower without you, can you at least kiss me now?”

Kyungsoo ‘thought’ for a moment, “No.” he answered bluntly, making his boyfriend pout in response.

“’Soo!”

“Fine, fine!” Kyungsoo laughed, “Just close your eyes.”

Jongin did as he was told, lips puckering just slightly. Safe enough to say, he was caught extremely off-guard when Kyungsoo shoved a quarter of a lemon in his mouth, his face crumpling up due to the sourness as he spat it out.

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR?”

“Sit still and watch me cook, okay?” Kyungsoo ordered, albeit his eyes were crinkling from laughter at Jongin’s reaction. Jongin slumped at one of the chairs on the kitchen island and watched Kyungsoo cook as he did most nights. It was therapeutic and kind of relaxing to him, and Jongin soon found exhaustion taking over him as he lay his face on the table and fell asleep.

Kyungsoo had half a mind to leave right then and there, but decided that the last thing he wanted to leave Jongin with was a bunch of half cooked food. He wondered what was making Jongin so exhausted, he knew that he’d taken on more dance practice, but Jongin always improved and was used to doing that many hours. Why it was taking such a toll on him recently, Kyungsoo didn’t know. Maybe it was all the stress, and Kyungsoo was kind of glad to know that without the added stress of himself, Jongin would be a lot perkier.

He slightly nudged Jongin’s shoulder once he’d finished, calling his name softly.

“Come on Jongin, I’m finished now.”

Jongin’s eyes fluttered open, and he sat up, gently rubbing his eyelids.

“Thanks Kyunggie,” he said with a warm smile, “You’re the best.”

Kyungsoo blushed, before handing Jongin his plate, and taking his own.

They went to bed early that night, Jongin was dead tired, and Kyungsoo decided to be selfish for the second last time. That night, Jongin wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo slightly tighter, and kissed him slightly longer, pressed slightly more kisses across his neck- he’d sensed something different about Kyungsoo. Even if Yixing hadn’t told him why he should keep an eye on him, he knew he should. He just hoped that the closeness would should Kyungsoo that he was there for him, because he was never good at verbalizing things. Kyungsoo should know he was there for him, because Jongin loved him irrevocably, Jongin loved him like he loved no one else, like he was the only person in the world. Jongin could never even imagine getting tired of him, and could never even consider leaving him.

But Kyungsoo couldn’t see that through the barrier that was his self-conscious, and that’s why he slipped out of Jongin’s hold and bed a few hours later, taking in the final sleeping image of Jongin. Kyungsoo had never seen something more beautiful, the way his chest slightly lowered and rose with each breath. The way his mouth slightly curved upwards like he wasn’t a constant mass of stress or energy. He looked peaceful as he slept, the innocence of a child replacing his usual appeal. The soft noises he made made Kyungsoo’s heart melt bit by bit, and Kyungsoo didn’t even think he had that much heart in the first place.

It was why he carefully wrapped Jongin up in the blankets on their bed snugly, hoping that he’d understand. It was why he tiptoed out their bedroom door, pulling his bag out of the cupboard as he fought tears. It was why he changed out of his pajamas and back into his street clothes, and it’s why he took a deep breath as he opened the door to a new life, the cold air of the hallways hitting him harder than his father had, though they weren’t particularly chilly.

“Good bye, Jongin-ah. I love you.”

 

 

 

∩( ・ω・)∩ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  Authors Note  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ∩( ・ω・)∩

I left it on a cliffhanger, does that make me a bad person? o.o 
anyway, uhh I decided to doule update because originally it was all one chapter and then I thought it'd flow nicer like this but then I didn't want to drag this whole segment on for days and days. 
So I hope you guys are cool with this :3

KYUNGSOO STAHP BEING STUPID PLZ.
That is all I can say. 
Feel free to hate on me for writing this, I would not blame you.

As always, thank you everyone for commenting/subscribing/upvoting/reading/existing, I love you all :33
YOUR COMMENTS ARE THE BEST OKAY.
Feel free to add me on here or contact me on Tumblr, I'd love to hear from you all ^-^

OH and seeming as if you are all here you probably ship SuLay, I wrote a oneshot for SuLay Sunday which can be found here, if anyone is interested~

EXO album release tomorrow oh my gAWD *flails*

Stay cool, guys ;)