Stupid Perfect Joonmyun

The Disadvantages of Having a Not So Dumb Boyfriend

“There’s something I need to tell you, or show you, I guess.”

 

Yixing’s heart dropped at all the possibilities, quickly scrambling off Joonmyun and the couch to standing. “You didn’t-"

“No!” Joonmyun nearly shouted, jumping up and looking Yixing in the eye, “Don’t ever consider me doing that. It’s never happening, I wouldn't.”

Yixing sighed in relief, but stil couldn't relieve the unease churning in his stomach.

Joonmyun grabbed his shirt and pulled it back on, deciding to lead Yixing up to the room where his acceptance letter was sitting. He hated it how he couldn’t bring himself to say it to him - he really did, but he knew he wouldn’t be able to. He picked the piece of paper up, before handing it to his boyfriend. He saw the confusion on his face as his eyes raked over the English, before finally settling on the Korean. Joonmyun went around Yixing and hugged him from the back, standing on his tip-toes just so he could rest his chin on his shoulder.

After a minute, he saw Yixing’s grip on the letter tighten, and was glad he couldn’t see his face. “J-Joonmyun, this is- this is great,” he said, voice small and heartbreakingly fragile. Joonmyun felt his eyes beginning to water but no, he wouldn't cry, not now. “But why didn’t you tell me? I didn’t even know you'd applied.”

“I didn’t know either,” Joonmyun replied, voice soft.

“You’re going then, aren’t you?” Yixing said shakily, voice cracking.

“I don’t have a choice,"

"You shouldn't pass this up... How long is it for?"

"It'll take me four years, but mum said I only have to do two, and then if I don't like it I can transfer over here,"

A silence overtook the room for what was only a few moments but felt to Joonmyun like an eternity before the Chinese spoke again, "... Can I be selfish, just for a moment?" 

Joonmyun was surprised; the question was so out of the blue. "Of course."

Yixing spun around. Tears were streaming down his face, and now Joonmyun had to try really hard to stop his own tears. Yixing’s hands fisted into the front of his boyfriend’s shirt, and he sobbed into Joonmyun's shoulder. Joonmyun wrapped his arms around Yixing's body in response, kissing the top of his head. "I don't want you to go, I really don't want you to go,” Yixing cried, “One and a half weeks was long enough and now you're leaving for two years and I'll miss you way too long and I don't know what I'm going to do and,"

Joonmyun took his boyfriends shoulders, and pushed him back so he could look him in the eyes. "Yixing, I love you. I love you so much and believe me when I say I really don't want to go."

"Of course I do," Yixing mumbled, face downcast. 

Joonmyun took a deep breath, he was beyond worried about what he was about to ask. "What- what do you want to do about us though? I don't want to be with anyone else, but if you feel-"

"No." Yixing deadpanned, somehow through his tears, "You're not dumping me. I'm not dumping you. I don't give care how far away you are, you’re mine."

Joonmyun smiled, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding, wrapping  his arms back around his boyfriend. "You don’t know how much I wanted you to say that.”

Yixing continued to cry into Joonmyun's shoulder, whilst Joonmyun rubbed circles on his back and kissed the top of his head. His shirt was soaking, and there was no way he couldn't feel absolutely awful. He was the one that caused Yixing to cry like this. Joonmyun had never been as angry with his parents as he was now. He knew it was a good opportunity and really he should be over the moon, but if wasn't for them sending in his application he wouldn't be in this situation at all. 

"What am I going to do?"

Joonmyun looked down at his boyfriend, who was shaking. He took his hand in his, and pulled him along so he was laying on the bed, facing inwards. Joonmyun laid himself down, facing Yixing and wrapping his arms around him as Yixing curled into Joonmyun, head against his chest, hands clutching at the hem of his shirt. "You'll go to uni, and people will hit on you because you're so perfect, but you'll say no because you're mine, unless you don't want me anymore. I'll come back in two years, and if you still love me I'll be the happiest guy alive because I never stopped loving you,” Joonmyun took a shaky breath before continuing, “You'll become a dance teacher, and I'll become an English teacher. We'll buy a house and make our living room so it doubles as a place for you to practice, and we'll buy a dance studio next to a cute little coffee shop so we can go there on dates before and after you teach, and I'll go there whilst I wait for you to finish unless its ten minutes before because then I'll walk over and come and watch you and take you home, and if you're tired I'll carry you and maybe sometimes we'll have to take kids home but that's okay too. When it gets legalized we'll get married and adopt some kids if you want, and everything will be perfect, we just have to wait,"

Yixing started lightly punching Joonmyun's chest. “Stupid Joonmyun. Stupid perfect Joonmyun," he muttered, "Stupid perfect Joonmyun making me fall in love with him. Stupid perfect Joonmyun being too smart and now he has to go to Stanford,"

"I'm sorry, Yixing. I'm so sorry,"

"You're not, I thought you loved me." he said mockingly, still through constant sniffles.

"Don't ever doubt that. We'll message each other, and I'll call you, and we'll video chat, and we'll send each other pictures. It'll be like I was never gone."

"Except I won't be able to hug you, I won't be able to touch you. I need you, Joonmyun."

"Don't make it sound like you won't be able to live without me, because you can."

"But Joonmyun," Yixing started, "I don't know."

"If I can do it, you can. We’ll work through this together, okay? Even if we’re not together.”

He hugged Yixing tighter, kissing the top of his head, and soon Yixing's grip on his shirt loosened as his breaths evened out. Joonmyun softly smiled at the sight of his boyfriend in peaceful slumber. Even with his face red and tear stained, he was still the most breathtaking thing Joonmyun had ever seen.

He'd definitely miss this.

 

. . .

 

Yixing woke up an hour later, head on Joonmyun's chest, legs tangled together. He wanted to hate him, hate him for going away for nearly two years, but he couldn't do it. How could he hate him when they were like this? He looked so peaceful as he slept, red lips slightly upturned and mouth slightly open, and Yixing couldn't help himself as he tilted his head up and placed his lips on his boyfriend’s. He was slightly surprised when he felt the other's lips move against his, but easily melted into the kiss, a smile on his face.

Joonmyun laughed, "You were never this cutesy before... What happened to the sassy boyfriend I love?"

"Your sassy boyfriend just missed you for one and a half weeks, and now he’s going to miss you for two years."

"Don't think about it, we still have three weeks.”

Yixing started to tear up again. "Three weeks?"

"I have to start in four, and my parents say I need a week to adjust.”

“It’s not enough…” Yixing trailed off, shocked at how unexpected this all was. It seemed like such a big decision to make in such a short period of time.

“We’ll make it enough.” Joonmyun replied, conviction held in his voice.

Yixing rolled over, straddling his boyfriend. “We better get started then, hey?” he smirked, leaning down to capture his boyfriend’s lips in his own as he rolled his hips.

Joonmyun smiled against Yixing’s mouth, getting the idea. “I guess we should.”

 

. . .

 

There was something Joonmyun loved about the way Yixing operated. In one moment, he’d be ravishing the other’s body, the next; he’d be a writhing, mess. Joonmyun knew he could never get bored, and appreciated the lack of positional consistency when it came to their relationship. He appreciated it when there was times where he just needed Yixing, and then moments like this, when Yixing needed him.

Yixing loved the way that Joonmyun worked on his body. He loved the way that whenever they made love he was always first priority, and that Joonmyun treated him like the most precious thing in the world. He loved the way that when Joonmyun moaned it was like a piece of music, a different song every time, but there were always familiar consistencies (his favorite being the name that passed his lips).

Joonmyun loved the way that Yixing used his dance and flexibility skills, and he loved the way that all those years of playing guitar affected his fingers. Even if Yixing refused to believe that he had a nice singing voice, he loved how vocal he was, and how he was the only one who could hear such perfection. He loved the way that Yixing screamed and moaned out words in Mandarin every now and then, so lost in pleasure that he didn’t even realize until he’d said them.

Yixing loved the way that Joonmyun would always softly brush his hair out of his face, before kissing him lightly on the lips and hopping up to get a towel or a tissue to clean both of them every time they finished, and Joonmyun loved how no matter how sweaty or hot they both were, Yixing would always tangle their legs together and wrap his arms around the older, almost as if he was afraid he would disappear (Joonmyun would never dare of it).

But all in all, they both loved how they had both fallen so far. Even with Joonmyun going to America and Yixing staying behind, neither could bring themselves to regret that.

 

. . .

 

Yixing awoke again, tucked into the blankets whilst the other side of the bed was cold. Frowning at the severe lack of Joonmyun, he rolled out of bed, not missing the slight pang of pain that shot up his back every time he took a step. “Stupid Joonmyun…” he mumbled, groaning when he remembered that yes, Joonmyun’s room was upstairs and he had a whole bunch of stairs to go down.

Gradually descending, he registered the smell of something cooking. Something Korean. As much as he loved his family’s home made Chinese food, he'd missed Korean food a lot. Thus, he wasn't annoyed when Joonmyun wasn't making some romantic, instead opting for a simple bibimbap.

Yixing noticed that not only was Joonmyun cooking, but he was dancing to the tunes coming out of his iPod as he sang along.

"I'm a hot boy, I'm a I'm a hot boy,"

Yixing giggled as he watched Joonmyun shuffle whilst he sung along.

"Call 911, call 911, call 911. We put you on the fire,"

Yixing suppressed a snort, Joonmyun was virtually fluent, and Yixing knew enough English to know how ridiculous those lyrics were - that wasn't even the number for the South Korean emergency services. Not to mention he’d chosen that moment to turn the heat up. So lame.

“Call 991, call 911, call 911, ‘coz we here baby!”

Yixing began to walk towards his boyfriend, whose back was still turned and who continued to sing.

“YEEAAHHH BOYYYYYY!"

Yixing was surprised that Joonmyun hadn't heard him laughing, especially as he was now standing directly behind him, but hey, he was always full of surprises, and Yixing didn't need to have Joonmyun sing to know what song it was when it was so loud. 

The song changed, and Yixing took this opportunity to pull out one headphone and wrap his arm around his boyfriend's back, so he could kiss him square on the lips. Joonmyun had grown accustomed to this happening, so it was no surprise to him when all he saw was Yixing, and it was no surprise to Yixing when he kissed back. Yixing smiled when he could feel Joonmyun mouthing the lyrics of DBSK’s Hug against his lips. They pulled apart, and Joonmyun kissed Yixing’s forehead.

“Good afternoon, beautiful. Feeling okay?”

He could tell Yixing was still sleepy as he attempted to look at him grumpily, but it ended up cuter than what he’d hoped. “I would be feeling better if my wasn’t killing me.”

Joonmyun shrugged, a contradictory, evil glint in his eye, “Hey, that’s not what you were screaming before.”

Yixing’s face turned red, and as much as he wanted to make some sort of narky comeback, Joonmyun was right. Instead, he opted for wrapping his arms around Joonmyun’s stomach and stealing a headphone, placing it in his ear. He would have fallen asleep, had Joonmyun not been moving around the kitchen.

“Come on baby, it’s finished now. Want to eat?”

“Yeah, got any cream for that?”

“… Get out.”

 

 

∩( ・ω・)∩ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  Authors Note  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ∩( ・ω・)∩

So, now Yixing knows **cries** what's going to happen betweenthese two, eh? 
I know, but you don't ;)
Stay tuned :D

The song Joonmyun was singing in the kitchen is HOTBOY by BIGSTAR, it's my rave song ^-^
(listen to it
here if you wanna)

Thank you to the peple that commented and subscribed and oh my gosh people actually upvoted? You guys are the best.



I got over 50 subscribers in under 24 hours, and wow even though a lot of you are from my previous story, it's a huge thing for me I've never gotten that many that fast. Ever. Thank you for supporting this story, I hope it gets just as much love as my previous one(s) have :3 

As always, I love to hear from you guys. Comments and feedback is always more than welcome, and feel free to contact me/follow me/ whatever on Tumblr and or add me on here. 

'Till the next update, stay cool, guys ;)

why am I so lame why.