...Girls *sigh*

The Disadvantages of Having a Not So Dumb Boyfriend

Joonmyun sighed as he rolled over in the bed, the sound of birds chirping outside his window bringing him to his senses. The blankets were thick and he should have been boiling, but Joonmyun had never felt so cold. The past few weeks he’d grown accustomed to being tangled up with Yixing as he slept, and now the lack of said person next to him made him feel... Empty.

With eyes squinted because of the sudden intrusion of light, he glared in the general direction of the clock he’d noticed on the side of the bed the previous night. 8:17AM it read, and he sighed before rolling back over and staring at the ceiling.

He wondered what Yixing was doing, it was about midnight at home, and he was probably still awake. He didn’t want to call him though; he knew how much he hated rude awakenings. He’d message him later and video call him too.

It hurt because he knew that once school started they’d have less and less time to talk.

Tumbling out of bed (he couldn’t sleep if he wanted), he trudged down the stairs and found his mother was already up and making breakfast.

“I thought you’d wake up soon, you went to bed so early.” she smiled, looking up from the stove and turning her head so she could look at her son.

“Well, I’ve slept a lot...”

“Did you sleep well?”

“It was cold...” he muttered.

“What?” his mother asked.

“I slept well,” he said, lying through his smile. In all honesty he hadn’t. He woke up every hour or so, a part of him feeling desperately missing. He knew it was Yixing, and he knew he’d have to get used to it or else he wouldn’t have a good sleep for two years. “How about you?”

“Your father’s snoring never changes,” she said bitterly, causing Joonmyun to laugh, “Anyway, I was thinking that we should go shopping today. I know you packed lightly, so there’s a lot you’ll have to get,”

Joonmyun nodded as his mother placed a bowl of rice, soup and kimchi in front of him. It’d been so long since he’d eaten like this-bringing him back to when he was younger and he lived here. He remembered how he hadn’t wanted to move, and found himself rolling his eyes at the irony of how much he didn’t want to come back. Things change though, and people nestle their way into your life. He hadn’t been shopping with his mother for a while either, and he had nothing better to do, so he agreed.

His mother’s face lit up as she clasped her hands together.

“Well eat that and have a shower, I’ll go get primped up, and we’ll get going!” she chirped, clearly excited by the prospect.

Joonmyun begun to remember why it had been a while since he’d been shopping with his mother.

 

At 9:14, Joonmyun made his way back down the stairs, only this time he was clean. Before he’d showered he’d neatly rummaged through his suitcase (because he was going to live in a dorm so soon, he didn’t feel the need to unpack), pulling out his clothes and the bottles of shampoo and conditioner that were the same as what Yixing used (he’d made sure to buy them before he came). They smelt like home, his home, even if he didn’t usually use these ones. Home is where the heart is, and well, his heart is Yixing.

It was starting to get warmer, and Joonmyun had one of his boyfriend’s shirts on, draping loosely around his collarbone. It smelt like Yixing, too.

Joonmyun’s mother, unlike many others, was quite good at getting ready quickly.

She smiled as he walked down the stairs, reaching up to pinch his cheek.

“Ahh, my son is so beautiful.”

The two walked out the door, and into his mother’s car.

“So Joonmyun,” she said in English, slightly accented but understandable. “How is your English?”

“It’s alright, I think,” he replied perfectly, “I guess it’ll be good to practice before I go, hey?”

His mother clasped her hands together, “That’s the idea! No Korean whilst we’re out, okay?”

Joonmyun laughed, “Alright then.”

It took just under an hour for them to reach their destination. It’d changed a lot since Joonmyun had last been there, he noticed. 

 

Joonmyun had remembered why he dreaded going shopping with his mother before they had left, and though he wasn’t sure if he’d made it a lot worse in his head, it turns out he hadn’t. It was a constant battle against clothes being thrown at him to try on and stopping his mother from buying everything she wanted to. It’s not that his family didn’t have money, he just didn’t feel like he needed everything his parents wanted him to have.

His parents had moved to America when he was 8, because of his father’s work. They moved back to Korea five years later when his grandparents got ill and his family had to be close by. Three years later, an huge job opportunity popped up for both his parents and the two moved back, this time without their son. It wasn’t that he didn’t love his parents, nor that his parents were careless- he just simply did not want to leave and was happy where he was. His parents accepted that- 16 may have been young to live on his own, but they knew he was mature enough to deal with it. Now he was nearly 19, and back where he was nearly 6 years ago.

Joonmyun thought it was funny how his mother’s Korean was more accented than his. Whilst his was slightly dodgy at first, he adapted, whilst his mother never did. Even though she’d been living there three years more, you’d know she wasn’t American even if you didn’t see her face. Joonmyun, on the other hand, was the opposite.

He was glad he’d made sure to keep up his English, practicing every now and then so he wouldn’t lose anything.

 

It was a good few hours of walking around and weighing Joonmyun down with shopping bags that he managed to get his mother to sit down so they could eat.

He managed to find a little coffee shop tucked away in a corner, so if you were hurrying past you wouldn’t notice it. It was full of books, and Joonmyun realized it doubled as a book store. He’d always had a thing for cute coffee shops, and had made up his mind that when he and Yixing moved in together, and bought a dance studio for Yixing to teach at, that the studio would be close to one.

He sat down with his mother, before getting what she wanted to order and going to the counter. The girl taking the order was medium height with long, straight brown hair, draped over her shoulder. Joonmyun could tell she was flirting with him when her eyelashed fluttered and a slight pout took over her lips, but he’d never been taught to be rude, so he acted indifferent, smiling as he usually would.

“Here’s your- oh!” she exclaimed dumbly, pulling the receipt out of the machine and scribbling some numbers on the back of it. “Here’s your receipt, you should call me sometime.” she said, high pitched fairy-voice ringing out- too bad he didn’t like fairies.

He smiled fake-apologetically (because in all honesty he was as straight as Rainbow Road and he had the perfect boyfriend) and pushed the receipt back.

“I’m sorry, I’m not sure how happy my boyfriend would be if he saw this, but I don’t want to risk it because I really do love him. Have a nice day.” he replied softly as her jaw dropped, clearly shocked at the fact she was rejected, and also because she’d just been hitting on a taken guy who bat for the opposite team.

He walked back to his mother, and sat down, glad that the girl wasn’t the one who bought out their order.

“You shot her down like a true gentleman,” his mother said, ruffling his hair. “I’m proud of my baby~”

Joonmyun rolled his eyes, “I love Yixing, I’m not afraid to admit it, but I don’t have to be rude to other people.”

“Ahh, my son grew up.” his mother semi-mused, sipping her coffee.

Half an hour later the two were out and Joonmyun’s mother had insisted on continuing shopping. It was 4 hours later when he finally convinced her to go home, and he made a silent vow to never go shopping with his mother again. Ever. She was too much.

The first thing he did was send a message to Yixing. He wasn’t sure if he’d be awake yet, but he’d wake up to it that way. He didn’t know if Yixing would want to then, but he would try because sleepy Yixing was a cute Yixing.

To: Yixing<3
XingXing-ah~, message me when you can go on video chat, okay?
I love you xxx

It was half an hour later when he got a response back.

From: Yixing<3
Ugh, I just woke up though >.< I look disgusting.
You won’t love me if you see me like this :L

Joonmyun quickly typed in a reply.

To: Yixing<3
You’re cute when you just wake up >3<
I’ll always love you, don’t be silly.

Yixing replied back with a ‘Fine, give me a few minutes.’ and Joonmyun couldn’t stop himself from grinning as he pulled out his computer.

Yixing was already online when he got on, clicking his icon and ringing him immediately, it wasn’t long before Yixing answered, rubbing his eyes and looking slightly peeved

Joonmyun’s mouth spread into a curve as he took in the sight of his boyfriend, it was just how he loved. His hair was slightly messy from sleep, but it had a habit of usually staying relatively neat. He was wearing his long pink unicorn pajama bottoms from the set that Jongin had given him a few years back as a joke, but what made Joonmyun feel really fuzzy was that he was wearing one of the shirts he’d taken from Joonmyun’s. It was a simple white v-neck, but Yixing had worn it a lot, and had long since began to appreciate the way it hugged Joonmyun’s body, emphasizing the muscles in just the right places (Yixing had banned him from wearing it in public so he wouldn’t get jumped by a bunch of fangirls).

“You’re ing lucky I love you.”

“I really am…” Joonmyun said, not really caring that Yixing was a grumpy because no matter what pants he was wearing he was hot, especially with that shirt on (though he’d much rather him take it off).

Yixing rolled his eyes, “So, what’s up? You wanted to talk to me, yeah?”

“Don’t make it sound like such a chore,” Joonmyun muttered, “Of course I wanted to talk to you.”

Yixing smiled, dimple showing in all its glory, making Joonmyun’s heart melt.

“I was joking; you know I’d want to talk to you.”

“I know.” Joonmyun smirked, Yixing just scoffed. “You’re wearing my shirt…”

Yixing blushed, “…it smells like you,” he mumbled, “It makes me feel better.”

“What?” Joonmyun asked, though he was fairly certain that he’d heard correctly.

“Nothing! So, how’s your day been baby?”

Joonmyun sighed, “I am so exhausted. Do you remember that time when mum had to go shopping and we wanted food so we went along and we were there for an hour and a half inside a grocery store?”

Yixing cringed at the memory, remembering very well that he had nearly missed a 4minute comeback stage.

“It was like that except worse, because instead of one and a half it was seven, and she made me try so much on!”

Yixing erupted into laugher. “Your mum really has it!”

Joonmyun pulled a face, and Yixing calmed down.

“So you’re going to show me what you got?”

Joonmyun reached beside his bed to pull up the clothes, before showing them at the screen.

“No no, I meant put them on and show me what you got.”

Joonmyun stuttered, before grabbing a shirt and moving slightly out of the frame so Yixing wouldn’t see him getting changed.

“Seriously, Joonmyun?” he laughed.

“…Self-conscious.” Joonmyun muttered, back in the frame.

Yixing continued to laugh, “I’ve seen you plenty of times before- I think I can deal with you in your underwear. We’ve had each other’s up each other’s asses, for Christ’s sake. I don’t think there’s much to be embarrassed about anymore.”

Joonmyun’s face lit up red, “Don’t put it like that~” he whined, making Yixing laugh even more. Joonmyun sighed before pulling his shirt off and over his head, Yixing only catching the side of his torso as he was still mainly out of the screen.

“Is there a desk in there?”

“Uhh, yeah?”

“Put your computer on your desk and stand up, I can’t see .”

Joonmyun grumbled as he complied, although Yixing did have a point. When Joonmyun stood up (albeit awkwardly) the Chinese could see the way the shirt hugged his frame, and wow because he never thought he’d be jealous of a shirt but here he was.

“Looking fine, mister.” Yixing said, biting his lip.

“SO SEEDY!” Joonmyun screeched, attempting to cover his body as much as he could, even though he was clothed.

“Come on, next one.” Yixing giggled, eyes eager as he watched Joonmyun strip off his shirt right in front of him (or not really, because they were oceans apart, but you get the drift). The camera on Joonmyun’s laptop was fairly high quality, so Yixing could see every crease and muscle that formed his boyfriend’s abs fairly well.

This went on for an hour, Joonmyun unconsciously-ily changing and Yixing constantly trying to calm himself because a lot was going on down there.  It was when he’d taken the last shirt and pair of jeans off that he went and bobbed down (much to Yixing’s disappointment) to his suitcase, where he pulled out a bunch of clothes and a towel.

“I’m sorry, can I have a shower? I feel gross, and I don’t want to get these other clothes really dirty…”

“What about all the clothes you just put on then? But that’s alright…” Yixing smiled, slightly glad that now there might be an opportunity to let the tent in his pants calm down.

“I want to wash them anyway, so it didn’t matter. I’ll be back soon, alright? You can hang up if you want…”

“Huh, can’t be bothered.” Yixing said cheekily, although he just wanted to be as close to Joonmyun as possible, somewhat.

10 minutes later Joonmyun came back out, hair slightly towel-dried in that way that Yixing found seriously attractive (not that Joonmyun wasn’t always, he thought). He was wearing tracksuit pants, but what caught Yixing’s attention was the shirt he was wearing. It was one of his, grey with a duck in the center. He didn’t know why Joonmyun wanted it, so he let him take it, anyway.

Joonmyun wanted it because it was the first thing he ever saw Yixing wear.

“Why that shirt?”

“It’s special to me~” Joonmyun sung, smiling. “I couldn’t sleep last night; I thought it might make me feel better… That’s- that’s what you did, right?”

Yixing blushed, nodding slightly. So Joonmyun had heard him.

The two only stopped talking when Joonmyun’s mother called him down for dinner and Joonmyun finally convinced Yixing to go get something to eat because he couldn’t tell if it was the microphone, or the loudness of Yixing’s stomach grumbling that he could hear it from America.

“I’ll talk to you tomorrow, okay?”

“Alright.” Yixing pouted.

“I love you, you know that right?”

“So you tell me,” Yixing smirked. “But I love you too, okay?”

Joonmyun smiled, before it turned sad. “I miss you, it’s only been two days and I miss you.”

Yixing forced a smile; he didn’t want Joonmyun to feel any worse. “Cheer up, buttercup! You still have a while to go. Don’t miss me, there isn’t much to miss.”

“Ha, like the you had before. I didn’t miss that, baby.”

Yixing went a bright shade of red. “But- how- what- I- MY WASN’T EVEN IN THE FRAME.”

Joonmyun smirked, “Well thanks for letting me know,” he winked, “It was just a guess, I didn’t see anything.”

Yixing stuck his bottom lip out. It was moments like this he wanted to sink into the floor.

Joonmyun’s smirk morphed into a soft, sincere smile. “I love you, Yixing-ah. I’ll talk to you soon, alright?”

Yixing nodded, “I love you too…”

Joonmyun blew a kiss, before hanging up and walking downstairs to eat dinner with his family.

He found that when he tried to sleep that night, it was a lot easier.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

"'SOO 'SOO!"

"JOO' JOO'!"

The two boys both shouted when they saw each other’s faces light up the screen.

"How's the Americas, you?"

Joonmyun laughed, "Different to what I remembered. How's Korea?"

"Well ever since you left, the sea level decreased." Kyungsoo winked. Joonmyun rolled his eyes.

"Just kidding, but it smells better now."

Joonmyun lightly punched the camera of the screen, Kyungsoo playing along, suddenly jerking back from the laptop and rolling back on his bed before sitting up again, hand cupping his cheek.

"YOU'VE WOUNDED ME, YOU FOOL!"

Joonmyun laughed. "Serves you right. But seriously, how have things been?"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, "You've only been gone for three days, Joonmyun. Not much has changed."

Joonmyun frowned. "Yeah, but I miss you guys..."

Kyungsoo smiled. "It's been alright, not really much different. Everyone is stressing about next week though. University and all. And Jongin and Yixing are both starting to worry about the performance."

"I don't see why they would," Joonmyun said, "They're both amazing dancers."

"Yeah, they're both doing a solo/duet thinggy too."

Joonmyun's heart dropped. Yixing was doing a solo and the only way he would be able to see it was a video recording. He'd probably be in some class while it was on and it killed him. 

"Kyunggie, you have to film it for me, alright?" he whined, pouting.

"No." Kyungsoo replied, before breaking out into a laugh.

"How is Xing-Xing?"

Kyungsoo laughed, "You spoke to him yesterday!"

"... So. I don't know what he won't tell me..."

"He's alright," Kyungsoo started, "He really misses you though. He stayed with us the first night but went home after. I’d never seen him so upset in my life, honestly. It’s hard to tell though, you know Yixing.”

“Is Jongin-“

“Jongin’s been helping him a lot, though apart from the first day, Yixing’s been acting like he’s fine. I know he’s strong, but I know there’s a lot Jongin probably isn’t telling me. I’m not bothered though, they’re best friends and even though Jongin is a bit of a sometimes, he’s great at comforting people.” Kyungsoo said, smiling softly, knowing that yes, Jongin was one of the softest people he knew and yes, he gave good hugs (even though he was all bone and muscle).

“Kyungsoo, I’m so sorry about that, I always will be-“

Kyungsoo knew he wasn’t talking about Yixing anymore, and honestly he was quite sick of Joonmyun hating himself over something that wasn’t his fault, nor his responsibility.

“Hyung, don’t worry about it. It’s over now, it’s not even your responsibility to look after me.”

“But you would have helped me.”

“You did help, Joonmyun hyung, and it wasn’t your fault you weren’t there. I may not have even gotten so close to Jongin if you were, so stop.”

Joonmyun’s shoulders slightly lifted. “How is Jongin?”

“He’s alright. Stressed out. Partly because of me, I think…”

“He loves you more than anything else on this world, ‘Soo. He is always going to be there for you. Ever since then he has been.”

“I don’t know why…” Kyungsoo mumbled, just so Joonmyun couldn’t hear him.

The two spent the next few hours talking about anything and everything, they always found that they could never run out of conversation, and it was only when Jongin returned home that Kyungsoo hung up, saying that Jongin looked hungry. It was always when Kyungsoo was upset that he tended to be clinglier towards people that he cared about, and though no one ever had a problem with it, it scared him because he always thought they might do what a lot of other people had done to him in the past.

That night, Jongin cuddled up to him tight, kissing the back of his head and trailing light kisses up and down his neck like he always did.

“I miss him…” Kyungsoo mumbled, sniffling as Jongin softly wiped the tear off his face.

“I know baby, I do too.”

“I love you, Jongin.”

“I love you too, Kyunggie.”

 

 

∩( ・ω・)∩ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  Authors Note  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ∩( ・ω・)∩

You guys must really hate chapters like this ufhjgfskj sorry v.v
STUFF'LL START HAPPENING SOON I PROMISE.
Really I apologise profusely, but they just kinda have to be done :S
and please TELL ME YOU GUYS ARE GETTING INTERESTED IN KYUNGSOO I MEAN COME ON COME ON COME ONNN~
I liked the KaiSoo I wrote in this okay

Oh yeah, this story hit over 100 subs.
*raves*
Seriously though, thank you a bunch :3 
I wanted to do something but you guys gave me no suggestions >.< either no one has any or no one reads the authors notes (probably the latter), but I'm still open, okay :P

Oh yes the reason this chapter is up so early in the day is because I'm uploading it before school ^^ I'll try to do this on weekdays, because I get home from school quite late-ish. 

As always, thank you to everyone who is subscribing/commenting/upvoting, you guys are the best!
I read every comment I get, and seriously, they brighten my day :3 I love to hear what you think ^^
And you always know that you can add me on here and/or contact me on Tumblr, woo~

Stay cool, guys ;)