Karaoke, Break Downs and Change.

The Disadvantages of Having a Not So Dumb Boyfriend

It had been one week since Yixing had returned from China and found out the news about Joonmyun’s nearly two year trip to America. Since then, the two had been inseparable and vowed to spend all their time together, and so far, so good. It really wasn’t his fault, and they both knew it, but Joonmyun couldn’t help but blame himself for having to go.  Because of this, the top of his priority list had been Yixing and Yixing only.

Yixing obviously had no issues with this. Somewhere he had this nagging feeling that everything wasn’t going to be okay, and that once he left, Joonmyun wouldn’t love him anymore - that Joonmyun would find someone else and he wouldn’t come back after two years. Yixing knew it was selfish, but he really didn’t think he could bear it if Joonmyun left him for someone else.  For now, he was going to take advantage of this, because at best Joonmyun was still going to be away for a while.

Joonmyun, on the other hand, was worried that Yixing would stop loving him. There were plenty of other attractive guys in Korea, and there was bound to be potential boyfriends in his university classes. It was like the whole world was against him, giving him something perfect before cutting it down, and suddenly the sense of security he had possessed was all false. It was utterly unthinkable that he’d ever find someone he wanted more than Yixing, that he loved more, but he always felt that Yixing could do better than him. Yixing could find someone perfect, someone that could always be there. He didn’t know if these were going to be their last days together, so he had to make the most of it.

Now they were with their whole group of friends, as Luhan had forced them out to a karaoke room. They couldn't really say it was forced - they’d all willingly gone, but maybe that’s because they knew if they didn’t Luhan would definitely have a word to say about it. The fact of the matter was that they were now at karaoke, and Yixing was watching his boyfriend sing with Kyungsoo. Yixing still couldn’t get over the sound of Joonmyun’s voice, even when he’d first heard it years ago, and suddenly he got an idea.

 

“Anything. If there’s anything you want, just tell me.”

“No Joonie,” Yixing said, smiling. “There’s nothing I want but you.”

Joonmyun pouted, “There must be something you want…”

Yixing just poked Joonmyun’s stomach before laughing. He felt like he’d already taken too many of his sweaters, anyway.

 

The song finished, and Joonmyun smiled at Yixing before Yixing gestured for him to sit between his legs (there wasn’t much space, and as they were a big group, quite a few people were sitting down). Joonmyun complied, and settled in to the arms that had wrapped themselves around his stomach.

“Joonmyun,” Yixing whispered into his ear, kissing the side of his jaw. Joonmyun shivered under the touch, although there was nothing lustful about it. No hidden ual intentions, just love. Joonmyun hummed as a sign of yes, and Yixing continued. “Can you make me a CD?” Yixing felt himself blush as he asked the question, because even to him it was a bit silly and way too cheesy, yet it was something he really wanted. He wanted to be able to hear Joonmyun sing whenever he wanted, even if he was over ten thousand kilometers away.

“Hmm?” Joonmyun said, “A CD?”

Yixing continued to go red, “I mean, one of you singing. I just wanted to have one so I could hear you sing whenever but it’s a bit silly and really a dumb idea so-"

“I’d love to.”

“What?”

“I said I’d love to.” Joonmyun said, a smile covering his face.

“I got that.”

“Then why did you-"

“Because it’s a silly idea, doofus.”

“It comes from you, it isn’t silly.” There Joonmyun had Yixing again, goofily grinning and getting redder and redder.

“I just thought that maybe-"

“I really want to, okay?” Joonmyun said, snuggling into Yixing further. “Are there any songs you want?”

“I want you to choose,”  Yixing said, and Joonmyun answered back with an okay, I love you, as Yixing held his arms around him just a little bit tighter.

“Yixing, come sing and dance with me!”

“No, Jongin.” Yixing replied.

“Yiiiiixiiing,” Jongin drew out his name in a whine.

“Jongin, shush.”

“We can do Hyuna,”

Yixing resisted the urge to stand up right there and then, but Joonmyun was looking comfortable and he guessed that Yixing missed the way he’d his lips at the mention. Yixing’s dancing was a major turn on for him, what could he say? It took all of his willpower to reply with a “No, I don’t want to.”

Jongin laughed. Just because Yixing hadn’t caught it didn’t mean he hadn’t seen the subtle of Joonmyun’s lips.

“I think your boyfriend would enjoy it.”

Joonmyun subconsciously nodded, before realizing what he'd done as now all eyes were on him, all with some sort of glint in them leaving him wondering for once if he was the idiot.

That’s all it took for Yixing to shoot up and grab a microphone, smirking at Joonmyun before taking the stage with Jongin. Neither of them knew who the better dancer was usually, but Yixing always owned Hyuna. Today was no exception, and Joonmyun found his pants were getting uncomfortably tight watching his boyfriend body roll and pop and even have the nerve to wink at him. It didn’t help when once he’d finished, Yixing sat on his lap, making sure to wriggle as much as he could, smirking at him as he placed his hands on Joonmyun’s thighs, ever so slightly rubbing them in a movement that could be seen as friendly, but boy were they not. Joonmyun had to stop himself from jumping the younger because they were in public, and now he was really regretting the choice to not bring much money because he definitely wished he had the funds to hire another room for just the two of them so noraebang could live up to the bang in its name a little bit better. 

It didn’t stop him an hour and a half later though, and Yixing smirked as Joonmyun pushed him up against the back of his front door, attacking him with his mouth with a ferocity he definitely enjoyed. He’d never forget how much he loved a ually frustrated Joonmyun, and there was some part in his mind that hoped that he’d be the same when he returned. At this moment, it pushed over the part which was asking how much longer they’d be like this for.

 

. . .

 

Jongin knew Yixing hurt.

He knew because every moment Joonmyun wasn’t around, he was moping. Even when he went to the bathroom, Yixing’s face dulled and uncertainty took over. He knew because it was common sense that if your other half was leaving, you’d feel empty. 

Everyone was hurting. He could tell by the way that everyone wanted to spend time with him, by the way that every couple was organizing something before he left. There had always been some sort of unspoken idea where a few of them thought that maybe he’d go to America to live with his parents at some point, but since graduation it had faded and seemed less likely. He was a grown man now, after all - he could look after himself. No one expected he’d leave at this time, and no one was prepared for it either.

Jongin was really hurting- hurting because his best friend was absolutely heartbroken. Jongin may have been a idiot, he might have been a sarcastic , but Yixing had always been there and it killed to see him hurt like this. He didn’t know what it’d feel like if Kyungsoo had to leave for two years, hell, he didn’t even know how it was going to be without Joonmyun. Him leaving was going to be hard, but Jongin still had his boyfriend and his best friend - he knew he could manage. For Yixing, on the other hand, he wouldn’t have that one person that meant everything to him.

Jongin hurt because not only was his best friend losing his boyfriend, but his boyfriend was losing his best friend.  He could tell that Kyungsoo was trying to be happy for Joonmyun, trying to hold it together because in his opinion he had no right to be really upset because this was great for Joonmyun and he should be happy for him but the fact was it was killing him and Jongin didn’t know why Kyungsoo felt bad admitting this.

 

Kyungsoo had known something was up ever since Joonmyun had messaged him the week before, saying simply Please make sure you’re free tomorrow. Yixing is coming over but he’ll be gone out like a light for a few hours in between and there’s something I need to talk to you about. When Kyungsoo had asked what it was about, Joonmyun had replied saying that it was something he’d rather talk about in person, and he’d ring him when he was free.

Jongin was surprised when he was cuddled up to Kyungsoo on the couch and suddenly the latter’s phone rang and he shot up, saying that he had to leave to go see Joonmyun right then, and that he’d be back soon. When Jongin asked why, Kyungsoo said he didn’t know either, but it seemed important. He swore he heard Joonmyun’s voice crack. He reached Joonmyun’s house 15 minutes later, walking considering that he’d been at Jongin’s but couldn’t be bothered to drive. He knocked on the door, and was instantly greeted by a very forced smile and sagged shoulders.  If the cracking voice over the phone hadn’t hinted it enough, he now knew something was definitely up.

“Joonmyun, are you o-"

He was cut off by the sound of a large sob and the feeling of two strong arms clutching around his back. “Kyunggie,” he started between choked sobs, “I don’t want to go, I don’t want to go.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes had widened, but his arms had wrapped around Joonmyun, one hand his hair. It was an understatement to say he was more than confused. “Go where, Joonmyun?”

“America. Stanford. My parents are making me go, I don’t want to,” he cried.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened even more, and now it was his turn to fight back tears. His best friend since sixth grade was leaving and wow, he didn’t know what he was going to do. “…Does Yixing know?”

“I told him, just this morning. I couldn’t cry around him, Kyunggie. I really couldn’t. I wanted to tell you earlier but I didn’t want to hurt Yixing by not telling him first and-"

Kyungsoo shushed him, “It’s okay, it’s alright, it’s going to be fine. It’ll only be a few years.”

“But it’s not, Kyungsoo, it’s really not. I don’t want to leave and I’m happy here and even though I only have to go two years and then I can transfer back it’s too long and I just don’t think I can do it. I love my parents but you guys are my family too and I need you and I need Yixing and I need Korea. I can’t do it and I am just trying to be okay for Yixing but I just needed someone to cry to and I’m sorry I asked you but I just-"

“Don’t apologize, hyung,” Kyungsoo cut him off, silently praying his voice wouldn’t crack, “It’s okay, I’m here for you. I always will be,”

He was glad that through years of friendship, Joonmyun was like a brother to him, and that he actually had the ability to lift him up and place him on the couch. Sitting down, he took Joonmyun’s hand, and Joonmyun explained every single detail, from the hints he should have taken from his parents to the different languages in the letter. Kyungsoo had to be strong for Joonmyun, just like he’d been strong for Yixing, but as soon as Joonmyun had exhausted himself with crying and fallen asleep, he stepped out the doors of his best friend’s house and on to the sidewalk and finally cracked. This is when Jongin got a message from Kyungsoo asking him if he could pick him up from the park just a few meters away from his best friend’s.

Kyungsoo’s hands were over his eyes when Jongin came, so he hadn’t seen him approaching until sturdy arms wrapped around him and lifted him up, himself clinging to his boyfriend like a koala, sniffling but tearless. All he could say in the car was dumb hyung, and although there were a wide range of possibilities, Jongin knew it couldn’t be good.

It was when Jongin carried Kyungsoo inside that he broke down, telling Jongin everything he’d been told. Gripping his shirt, pleading with him to never leave.

When the people that are most important to you are being ripped to pieces, you need to stay strong for them. Because of this, Jongin forced back his tears too, the only exception was that he only let them fall when he was on his own. This wasn’t as bad for him as two others, and definitely wasn’t as bad as it was for the one leaving.

 

. . .

 

“Yixing, go to dance practice.”

“But I don’t wanna,"

“You have a showcase coming up in a few weeks, and whether or not you know it, you need to practice. I’m not going to be the reason that they have a go at you for not showing up.”

“But you’re leaving and-"

“Yixing,” Joonmyun said sternly, “It’ll only be for a few hours, I’m not going anywhere,"

“But I don’t wanna,”

“Yixing, you have to go, okay? For me, please?” Joonmyun begged. He really didn’t like him missing out on dance practice because of him.

Yixing pouted. “Fine,” he sighed, crossing his arms. “Why do you want me to go so badly, anyway?”

“I don’t want you to let down your teammates because of me,” he replied “Plus, you look super y when you come back all hot and sweaty,” he added, raising his eyebrows and his lips.

Yixing blushed. “You ert!” he said, pushing away the kissy face that was currently heading towards him, before standing up and running to his boyfriend’s room to find clothes to change in to.

It wasn’t like Yixing had never been to Joonmyun’s before - there were plenty of clothes here of his own that he could wear. Yet, he still chose to rummage through the elder's drawers, pulling out a low cut grey shirt that had always been baggy, and some black pants. He walked back downstairs, shoving his phone into his pockets, and was greeted with a hungry gaze raking up and down his body.

“I swear you wearing my clothes is one of the hottest things ever," Joonmyun deadpanned, blatantly staring at his spot from the couch.

Yixing smirked, lightly pushing Joonmyun over so he was laying down, before straddling him, trailing his finger down his shirt. “I think you wearing no clothes is one of the hottest things ever,” he mumbled, bringing his lips down and kissing Joonmyun in a kiss that kind of contradicted what he’d said. It wasn’t lustful, it was just love and sweetness and fairyfloss and rainbows and the sort of kiss that they both knew they’d really miss.

“I love you,” Joonmyun breathed, looking earnestly into his boyfriend’s eyes. No matter what he felt at other times, it was moments like this where Yixing knew it was true and that Joonmyun really did love him, and he had to be the luckiest person for finding someone this perfect that didn’t care about his lack of perfection.

“I love you too,” Yixing said back, and leaning back down again. “So much,”

This time the kiss started to get heated, and Yixing guessed that he had to be thankful that Jongin barged in or else he’d be going to dance practice with a raging . “I have arrived! Wow I didn’t ask for a private show, but alright."

Yixing threw a pillow at Jongin’s face. “ off, dip.”

“That is no way to greet your old pal,”

“I’m the elder here,”

“You’ll die first,”

“Why the are you here, anyway?”

“Joonmyun called, to take you?”

“Oh that festy thing? Tell me you've cleaned it since last week because I don't want to be sitting in the stuff you've been doing with your boy - Oh , hey Kyungsoo.”

“Hey Yixing! I don’t take offense.”

“Good. But seriously," Yixing turned around, "Why couldn’t you take me, Joonmyun?” he whined.

Joonmyun pouted, “Because I knew you’d find some way of getting out of it.”

“Why would you think th-“

“Well I did walk in on you two face, but fine then,” Jongin piped in.

“I'll second that,”

“Kyungsoo! I thought we were-“

“Hey, it’s the truth.”

Joonmyun laughed, but his smile was kind of sad- he’d really miss this all when he left.

“Friendship is over,” Yixing sighed, before grinning, “I’m just kidding, I love you Kyunggie,"

"Get off him!” Jongin screeched, pulling Yixing away from the hug he had currently enveloped his boyfriend in, and kissing his boyfriend forcibly. “Mine,” he deadpanned (meaning Kyungsoo), before pulling Yixing’s wrist to bring him out of the house and to the place that had somehow managed to cause all these issues in the first place.

"Play nicely," Kyungsoo and Joonmyun sang out, before erupting into fits of laughter.

‘Well at least that won’t change…” Joonmyun laughed, wiping the tears of laughter from his face.

“Yep,” Kyungsoo chuckled, doing the same.

“I’m really going to miss this all, I can’t believe I only have a week and it’s away for nearly two years…”

“Your parents won’t even let you come to visit?” Kyungsoo asked, eyebrows raised, “Not even at breaks?”

Joonmyun sighed, “Nope, they know if I visit I won’t come back, I don’t think I’d be able to.”

Kyungsoo looked down sadly. He had his boyfriend, but Joonmyun was his best friend since they’d been young, he wasn’t sure what he was going to do. He felt worse for Joonmyun though, because he hadn’t been in America since he was a kid so he had no one to rely on.  He’d make friends fast, no doubt, but it was hard to get him to actually open up, emotionally. Kyungsoo knew he and Yixing were really the only ones that he told his problems, he didn’t like to think he was burdening people.

“What are you talking about, it’ll be fun, won't it? Life experiences and all that.”

“Oh,” Joonmyun laughed, a sad smile on his face, “I’m sure I’ll have a rave, but I’d rather be here.”

“We’d all rather you be here, too…” Kyungsoo mumbled, “You’re like, our rock.”

“I know, I’m pretty solid, hey?” Joonmyun smirked back, flexing his muscles.

He was promptly hit in the face with a pillow, his smile turned into a pout.

“You deserved that.”

He nodded, it was true.

“Anyway, you wanted my help?”

Joonmyun scratched his nape. “Well, Yixing wanted me to record myself singing and give it to him, but he didn’t say any songs, so I’m not sure what to sing.”

Kyungsoo started squealing and repetitively hitting his face with his hands like he was clapping but his head was in the way. “That's so cute! I’m assuming Hyuna’s whole solo discography is going on there.”

“Yep,” Joonmyun laughed, he didn’t have anything against Yixing’s Hyuna obsession. It was kinda cute, in his opinion.

“Well…” Kyungsoo started.

The two spent the few hours whilst their boyfriends were at dance practice going through songs, singing, and Joonmyun even managed to record a few that he was confident in. He knew that Yixing liked watching him sing, so he decided to video it, hooking his microphone system up whilst having another camera film.

Kyungsoo also enjoyed this, and the amount of times Joonmyun had to restart because he popped out from behind him was quite high. Joonmyun would try to continue singing, but it was hard when Kyungsoo was attempting to ily dance like Hyuna in the background, and all too often he would burst out laughing, before telling him off and complaining because he’d have to restart once again. Every time he apologized to Yixing, because he figured he’d probably give these to him too. Joonmyun finally gave up when Kyungsoo sultrily winked at the camera as he began to dance with one of the toys that lay on Joonmyun’s bed. With one hand on the toy, and the other rubbing over his chest, he mock-seductively bit his lip, trying to make his eyes look as lusty as he could.  Grabbing a book that was on the desk, Joonmyun threw it, hitting Kyungsoo straight in the crotch. Kyungsoo fell to the ground in pain, screaming, of course.

“You've wounded me, you fool!"elled. Joonmyun hadn’t thrown it all that hard, but it was in his crotch and that had to hurt.

Joonmyun smiled apologetically at the camera, trying not to laugh. “Sorry Yixing baby, Kyungsoo is being annoying,” he said, before laughing and turning the camera off.

“Get me an icepack or something you asswipe!”

“You deserved it.”

“If Jongin is angry I won't put out for him I'm redirecting him to you!”

“Yeah yeah, whatever.” Joonmyun said, “Just get off my floor.”

“Help me up.”

“No.”

“…Some friend you are.”

 

. . .

 

Once Yixing and Jongin returned, Kyungsoo glared at Joonmyun as Jongin carried him out the door. Joonmyun didn’t catch it though; he was all too busy ogling at his boyfriend.

“You look nice…” he said offhandedly, playing with Yixing’s fingers.

“No,” Yixing replied, “I’m sweaty and gross.”

“I don’t mind, I have good memories of you being sweaty.”

“You're disgusting,”

“What? Those few times we’ve played soccer with the other guys have been fun.”

Yixing rolled his eyes. “Sure, sure.”

“Not joking! Unless you were thinking about something else?” Joonmyun said with a wink.

Yixing punched him lightly in the arm. “I’m hungry, did Kyungsoo cook?”

Joonmyun nodded, and Yixing walked into the kitchen, searching the fridge until he’d found exactly what he was looking for and placed it in the microwave.

Dancing was to Yixing like singing was to Joonmyun. If Joonmyun was doing something he would sing, if Yixing was doing something, he would dance. It was natural, a sort of instinct thing. Joonmyun’s mouth also sometimes had an instinct thing where he blurted out some things without thinking. They were never serious, could never do any harm, but were still said. Thus his eyes also widened when he blurted out “Teach me how to dance!”

Yixing regained control of his facial muscles, and smirked. “Sure baby, what song?”

“Uhh, did I just say that?” Joonmyun mumbled, face growing red. “Don’t worry about it.”

“But Joonie I wanna,” Yixing sang, aegyo in his voice, and how could Joonmyun deny that?

Joonmyun sighed, face still flushed. “Fine, you choose.”

Yixing smiled, he had just the dance in mind.

 

It was one hour later when Yixing finally decided that he was no longer hungry, nor too tired to teach Joonmyun how to dance. He plugged his iPod into the dock, smiling when it instantly began playing the song he had planned to teach.

Joonmyun’s eyes bulged. “You’re kidding me, right?”

Yixing smirked, “Nope. You’ve seen me dance this, my turn.”

“I regret everything I said.”

“Too late, baby.”

Joonmyun whined, “This is so embarrassing, I don’t wanna,”

“Too bad,” Yixing deadpanned.

“Why does it need to be y?”

“You think me dancing to this is y,”

“That’s because it’s you! You’re hot, I’m not,”

“Joonmyun, you know we don’t know anyone that thinks you’re not unattractive,”

Joonmyun frowned, he had been told he was attractive, but he always thought that there wasn’t really anything special about himself. “This song though, really?”

“Of course, unless you want something ier?”

“NO NO NO!” Joonmyun shouted, his brain mentally flipping through the array of dances Yixing knew how to do, and not liking the thought of doing any of them. They were reserved for dancers and Yixing only.

“Good.” Yixing replied. “Now watch me.” he said, as he began to count and teach the dance steps of Change, by none other than Kim Hyuna.

 

Fourty five minutes later, they’d managed to just past half way. It had begun to get quite hot in the room, a combination of them both watching each other dance, as well as the actual movement involved.

Joonmyun grabbed the hemlines of his shirt and shook it, fanning the upper part of his body. “It’s hot.” he said, pulling his shirt over his head, and off, chucking it on to the couch. Yixing stared at the half- man in front of him. No matter how many times he had seen it, he never failed to be mesmerized. The well-toned muscles and pale skin that were usually hidden by his shirt were beautiful and addicting, and Yixing hungrily gazed his eyes over Joonmyun’s chest. Joonmyun didn’t seem to realize what effect he was having, nor the fact Yixing was ogling. “Continue?”

Yixing snapped out of his trance. “Oh yes, well uhm, I think you have that whole part, so let’s do it with the music.”

Joonmyun nodded as Yixing walked over to the dock. He’d been hesitant to learn the dance at first, but once he started doing something he got engrossed, and this was no different. Plus, Yixing dancing was super y and he wanted him to be somewhat proud. Yixing had to stop himself from staring and getting distracted as he danced alongside his boyfriend, until it reached around the midpoint of the song, deciding to watch and see how well Joonmyun was doing.

Big mistake.

…Somewhat.

All Yixing could do was stare as Joonmyun dropped to the floor, muscles flexing in all their glory.

Safe to say, Yixing launched himself on Joonmyun and in a mess of clothes and limbs, the dance was soon forgotten. 

 

 

 

∩( ・ω・)∩ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  Authors Note  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ∩( ・ω・)∩

Haven't seen the dance for Change? Click here ^0^
and imagine Yixing and Joonmyun doing it ugfjkgsdagj >3<

So finally I got to introduce Jongin and Kyungsoo :3
jfc I love KaiSoo too much okay.
They actually have a side story in this, you'll jst have to wait a bit longer ;) already I'm putting stuff in, so keep your eyes open ^^

Thank you to everyone that's been subscribing/commenting/upvoting, you are the best and wow, 75 subs already? ^-^
This update has come a bit later than I'd usually try to do it, that's because I have school so on weekdays this is probably how it'll go, so I'm sorry v.v
Still, I'll make sure to update every day I've said I will :) originally this was split in to two parts, but I decided to put it together, The first two chapters are quite short compared to most of the rest, I hope you don't mind c:

As usual, I REALLY LOVE IT WHEN YOU GUYS COMMENT so if you have absolutely anything to say just say it and I'll love you forever even more, and remember you're always free to message me on Tumblr and add me on here :)

Stay cool, guys ;)