CHAPTER 3

LOVE CONTRACT

i luv this chapter soo much coz in this chapter is so sweet...

 

beware yulsic sweetess overload here...^^

 

happy reading yulsicshipper^^


 

 

DING!



The timer went off and the cakes were ready. The two girls hurried into the kitchen, one checking the final products while the other one was looking for the gloves. Jessica switched off the power of the oven as she was told and pulled down the lid. She was overwhelmed by the smell of the cakes.



‘’The cakes smell so good right Yuri?’’



‘’Yeah, Taeyeon is really a talented baker. I wonder where the gloves are…. Do you know where she usually keeps it?’’


All she heard was a loud thud and no answer. She looked over her shoulder only to see Jessica’s painful expression. The oven lid wasn’t fully pulled down and it sprang back to its original position. The other girl’s left hand was sent straight into the oven, pushing the top of her palm against the upper surface of the inner oven.



The main switch was turned off for less than a minute and the heat within the oven had yet to disperse. Jessica was at a loss of words, she felt a burning sensation. It was like as though her hand was getting grilled.



Yuri dropped everything in her hands and sped her way over to the girl. In neck breaking speed, she schlepped the lid down wards and drew out the hand. She rushed Jessica over to the sink and rinsed the burnt hand. A big patch of skin was red, like the colour of strawberries.



‘’Hold on, keep your hand under the running water while I get some ice.’’ She was about to head towards the big fridge when the wounded tugged her on her sleeves, biting on her lower lips, refusing to let go. Yuri understood. Fear was written all over the petrified face. She gently peeled off the hand. ‘’I will be right back.’’



She grabbed a big bowl which was meant for mixing, scooped as many ice cubes she could get and returned to the sink, filling it up with water and soaked the burnt hand in it. The girl slowly recovered from the shock when she felt the cold water come in contact with her sore spot. Tears of horror streamed down her pale and sallow face.



‘’Yuri ah…. It hurts so badly….’’



The taller girl caressed her face tenderly, looking deep into her eyes with much worries. 



‘’I can’t feel it but I guess it hurts… Bear with it while I get you to the hospital okay? You will be just fine. I promise I won’t let anything happen to you alright? You have my words. Let’s go.’’



She flashed an encouraging smile before she got out to hail a cab with the injured girl. She was actually panicking deep down, her heart felt a pinch of ache when she saw those tears slide across those cheeks.



The fifteen minutes ride to their destination felt like fifteen years to Jessica. Her tears won’t not stop flowing out of her eyes, desperately wanting to gush out from those frames like how the girl wanted to get herself out of the hurtful situation. But this time, it was no longer because she was still shaken. It was the stinging sensation on her hand.



She knew that the girl beside her was marked by anxious uneasiness. Yuri moved her thumb back and forward on top of her right hand, assuring her that she will be fine. Her grip was firm and it allowed Jessica to find some senses of security during the intense junction.



‘’Excuse me, can you aid my girlfriend please? She was burnt by the oven about twenty minutes ago. We have already rinsed it and soaked it in water before coming.’’



Although her hand still hurts nothing lesser compared to the previous moments, Jessica couldn’t help it but feel elated. A while ago, Yuri was still calling her ‘’Jessica shi’’ and communicated with formal language. Now, the word ‘’girlfriend’’ came out so easily, without any moment of hesitation. Never had she felt so delighted being notified as her client’s girlfriend. 



Yuri was the first. Again.



They were brought to the Accident and Emergency Department, whereby Jessica got her injury treated.



‘’Please be gentle with her. I mean, apply as little force as possible please. I’m afraid it will hurt too much. I know this request is ridiculous but do me a favour. Thank you.’’



Yuri pleaded the nurse attending to her girlfriend before the treatment started. Jessica chuckled. She was touched by the little actions of the other girl. It might not be anything magnificent, but it was sincere.



She flinched every now and then as the nurse brushed the alcohol swipe and medication against the damaged spot. She tried to distract herself, trying hard to look somewhere else instead of her hand. She realized Yuri was staring at her intensely, expressions changing every single time she was in pain.



She was frowning throughout the whole period, as though she was the one hurt. She waited by the side with a feeling of apprehension for Jessica, tapping lightly on the ground with her feet.



‘’Alright, we are done. Luckily you came to the hospital just in time and rinsed it with ice water before coming. If not the outcome will be much more disastrous. Collect your medicine at the counter, they will tell you what to do, how to change the bandage and you are free to go.’’



Yuri let out a big sigh of relief before bowing her thanks to the nurse and proceeded to the hospital dispensary which was located on the other side of the hall.



They were on their way, passing by the children wards. Just as they were about to turn round the corner, a wheelchair came rushing at an incredible speed. The girls came to a sudden halt, causing Jessica’s injured hand to collide against the metal door handle beside.



‘’Hey boys! Watch it! Are you okay?’’ 



Laughter echoed through the hallway when a bunch of boys went running after the wheelchair. The scolding was futile, for the fact that the boys were long gone. The impact of the collision was so abominable that dreadful tears gushed up and filled the wounded’s eyes.



‘’It must have hurt a lot right?’’ Yuri tucked a strand of hair behind the latter’s ear. Jessica stared at her with puppy ears, pouted while nodding like an innocent child. 



‘’Aish. Those boys. Don’t cry, let’s go get some ice cream on the way to cheer you up.’’ Yuri placed Jessica’s hand into the pocket of the over-sized black polka dots hoodie of hers and shifted closer to the other body. ‘’There. No one will hurt you again.’’ She revealed her neat, pearly white teeth, eyes curving.



‘’What flavour do you want Jessica?’’



‘’For the millionth time, it’s Sica.’’ She tiptoed and leaned in, against the taller girl, glaring with her famous icy pair of eyes. For the second time in the day, the space between their spaces were merely about five fingers apart. ‘’ Call me Jessica again and I will flick your forehead.’’



‘’But-‘’



‘’No buts or bottoms. I want cookies and cream, thank you!’’



Yuri paused for a second while she watched the back view got smaller, eventually settling at a table nearby. She never knew that Jessica could be so fierce, or in another words, demanding. Nevertheless, she carried on with the order.



‘’I’m wondering, have I seen you somewhere before?’’ The girl behind the counter questioned when she slid open the door and retrieved the ice cream. ‘’Park Soyeon.’’ She pointed at her nametag. ‘’My name.’’



‘’I’m sorry but your name doesn’t ring any bell. I doubt we met before. Or maybe we did, but I couldn’t remember.’’ Baffled, Yuri scratched her hair timidly, trying her very best to recall.



*vibrates*



From : Unknown
To : Yuri
6:13PM


‘’Believe it or not, she is just trying to hook up with you. By the way, it’s Sica here.’’



She turned over after saving the number in her contacts, scanning the place for the girl. It wasn’t hard for Yuri to spot such a gorgeous angel among the crowd. Jessica pouted and arrowed at the exit sign, gesturing her desire to leave. She chortled before she took the ice cream, flashing her killer smile. ‘’Thanks.’’



‘’Well, I suppose my pick up line failed??’’ Soyeon let out a small laugh at her own failure, shaking her head. 



Jessica was right. 



‘’I am attached to that pretty girl there so….’’ She pointed towards Jessica who was exploring the cafeteria with those pair of beautiful eyes, shrugging her shoulders. ‘’Let’s just say that I’m not the lucky one?’’ She gave a wink and left the place with Jessica.



***



‘’Lesson Number One : Never spend more than three minutes talking to a girl that is trying to hook on you. Lesson Number Two : Hurry feed me the ice cream before it melts!’’



‘’Oh I’m sorry! Here…’’ Yuri scooped a spoonful of ice cream and sent it into Jessica’s mouth. They were at the dispensary, waiting for the medicine. The place was rather packed but the younger girl managed to find a seat for her Lover For Loan. 



‘’If you often spend more than three minutes entertaining your fan girls, no matter in school or outside school, it will only lead people to think that you are flirting. Which you most probably are.’’



Yuri listened attentively while she made some mental notes.



‘’Actual Lesson Number Two : Stop winking to girls that you barely know. It is such an affectionate action. Misunderstanding will rise.’’



‘’Oh I never know that… I mean, it’s a habit already! Other than my tanned skin and killer smile, winking is like Kwon Yuri’s trademark.’’



‘’Now you know. Change that trademark of yours. If you wink so easily till such an extend when it becomes your trademark then your winks will never convey the right message to Yoona. She might just treat it as you socialising, or in fact, flirting with her like with any other girls.’’



‘’I see….’’



‘’Yes you do. Lesson Number Three : Make your stand clear and get your point across straight. You won’t want to hurt anyone by giving them false hopes, do you?’’



*Shake*



‘’That’s why. Just tell them you are not interested at all. Or just tell them that you have someone on your mind already. You got me?’’



‘’I told that girl you were my girlfriend.’’



‘’I AM, not were. Well, you have the potential. At least the smartest student I have ever gotten. You are picking things up fast.’’



Yuri merely let out a short laugh while she threw the empty cup into the dustbin almost two meters away and it went in. It was pretty much like a three pointer ball thrown during a basketball match, forming a nice curve and scored.



‘’Wow.’’ Jessica watched in awe. ‘’That was so cool.’’



‘’I play basketball too. Isn’t it stated in my profile? That’s how I grew taller you know? I used to be really short. I was a danshin.’’ She put her hands into her pockets, checking out the queue. ‘’Guess we have to wait for a while.’’



‘’Aww…. But I’m so tired already…’’ Jessica slumped back against the chair, muzzling her own hair, covering her gorgeous looking face.



The standing girl brushed away the messed up hair, revealing the pretty but worn out face. Making sure that she wasn’t hurting the hand, she slowly pulled the slouching body towards her abdomen, running her slender fingers through the long silky hair. 



It was like she was hugging a small little girl, for the height difference was rather huge. She pushed back some hair behind the ear. ‘’Get some sleep first. I will wake you up when it’s your turn.’’



A heart was pumping so fast, as though it was going to break through the ribcage. Jessica was blushing madly under the cover of the 



body cuddling her. Yuri was the first client that hugged her.



She didn’t make a single sound, for she liked the kind of warmth she had not received for a period of time. Even without looking into a mirror, she knew how flushed her cheeks would be. There was no way she was going to let Yuri know that she was enjoying the embrace.



‘’But the lights are hurting my eyes…’’



Yuri lifted up the hood of the jacket the girl was wearing and slowly placed it over her head. ‘’Better now?’’



Jessica nodded. ‘’What a brilliant way to hide myself...’’



‘’I beg your pardon?’’



‘’Oh err…’’ Damn, her whisper was a little way too loud. ‘’Err goodnight Yuri ah!’’ She threw her arms around the skinny waist and locked the tips of her fingers.



‘’Goodnight, my little princess.’’



Jessica swore her cheeks were burning.