CHAPTER 25

LOVE CONTRACT

mian...i can't complete this story today.......

 

i'm so tired....after all work that my boss give tome.....huuuuffft......

 

but i promise you guys tomorow...all the chapter will be posting....

 

HWAITING...!!!!!

 

OH. ....Happie YULSIC DAY.....^^

 



‘’Unnie! Wake up and look at all these!’’



Krystal shook her sister awake, amazed by the sight before her. Jessica sat up and realized she was no longer on the hammock but the big comfy bed in the room. Yawning, she rubbed her eyes before catching a glimpse of the surrounding.



‘’Oh my god… These…’’



The ceiling was full of pink helium balloons with slip of papers attached to the end of every string. Krystal randomly picked a balloon and saw the paper containing a sentence, reading the content out loud.



‘’April 18th 1989; The birth of my love.’’ She kicked her legs in excitement. ‘’Unnie! This is so sweet!’’



The grin on Jessica’s face was so wide that the tips of were almost reaching her earlobes. She heard her younger sister blubbered about something and left the room, but that wasn’t her concern. One by one, she picked the slips to read.



‘’The one and only that I’m mesmerized for.’’



‘’My beautiful baby girl that never fails to make my heart flutters badly.’’



‘’If my life was a show, you will always be the best female lead.’’



‘’Your presence is the only and most relevant thing to me.’’



Every sentence may seem simple, but all the efforts were magnificent to the birthday girl. Simplicity was beauty and all the words etched in Jessica’s mind deeply. She was nearing the door and a card with tiny heart-shaped stickers on the desk seized her attention. As she picked it up, a mild smell of the perfume Yuri wore lingered around.



The first thing that she took note of was a picture of her standing under a street lamp and the lightening shone above made her fair skin radiated, releasing an elegant feel. She was looking far towards the direction of the camera with her head slightly tilted to a side and before the lens was a pair of hands which formed a heart. The outcome looked as though Jessica was standing within the hand frame. Without any debating, the latter knew those hands belonged to Yuri for her tanned skin showed it all. She went on to read the letter written on the bottom.



‘’Jessica,



My most precious angel that graced the earth 23 years ago, you brought so much love, fun and care into my life, allowing me to experience so many exciting events with you.



On the very first night we met and when I watched you slept, I suddenly realized that my existence for the past years was for that very moment because I found the one that captured my heart. It’s either I’m poor in expressing myself or my feelings for you were too deep, no words could properly explain how grateful I am for having you.



You were hard to find, and impossible to be replaced. I love how our hands fit so perfectly. Just like how every dish would taste better with that pinch of salt, I want to be the seasoning of your life. We may have just begun our journey as a pair, but I vow to provide you all the love one could ever receive no matter when or where. I have no idea what infinity means to you or if it was a convincing term, I just want to tell you, I’m always a heartbeat away. Let me be with you for the longest time ever.



Just like the picture above, you would always be in the middle of my heart, be it me being alive or dead. Like how the earth revolves around its own axis, my world revolves around you, because you are my universe.



Happy Birthday, baby. I love you.



Yuri J’’



Just before the crystal-liked droplet fell out of her eyes, the door crept opened. Jessica looked up reflectively and saw a humongous fluffy teddy bear hovering over someone. Her hand shot up to her jaw that almost hit the ground as she broke out into an ecstatic grin after being slightly flattered by the anatomy. Yuri lowered the toy and stick her head out from behind to monitor the latter’s reaction after giving a cute smile.



Slowly, she approached the other girl and stretched out her hands to present the gift she secretly prepared. Jessica gladly took it over, eyeing it for a good few moments before placing it on the bed and jumped into her girlfriend’s embrace that had already spread her arms to welcome her.



Steadily lifting the petite girl up, Yuri twirled around with a hand on the waist and one on the back of the head. The room was filled with giggles and love was in the air.



‘’Happy birthday Sica.’’ She breathed affectionately into the ear, planting a kiss on the cheek.



‘’Thank you Yuri, this is my best birthday ever.’’



Jessica leaned against the crook of the neck, drowning in all the pampering.



‘’I assure you, this would only be one of the many.’’



Yuri lifted the chin up slightly and they shared eye contact. Those deep charming brown eyes which were full of affections had never once failed took hold of Jessica’s soul. She always gets captivated by almost everything the tanned girl did for her. Being in love with this person was like falling into a hole with no end; she only loves deeper and deeper.



Jessica pushed herself up to reach out for Yuri’s lips while she was like being stomach down by happiness. Being the playful one among both, Yuri teased by drawing away at times when the alternative was showing so much desire of yearning for her.



Her comely girlfriend pouted and launched a punch on her shoulder, causing the two of them to stumble backwards with their bodies pressed closely together. She was pulled in by the collar and the force was surprising big. Yuri was finally under control and kept her prankster acts when a tongue slid between her lips. The alternative smirked mentally, acknowledging the fact that she had just gained victory in this mini tug war.



Every similar affection that they shared was never the same. There would be more surprises, more fun, more love and more intimacy. There were bits and pieces of teasing this time, but they enjoyed it even more. Maybe it was of the special occasion, or maybe, it’s the love for each other that inclined again.



***



‘’Yuri! Stop it! I’m warning you!’’



She tried to be intimidating, but those tickles by her sides were making it hard for her to maintain her poker face. Jessica leaned back on the taller girl walking down the stairs behind her, throwing her head back onto the shoulder and burst out in loud laughter. Grabbing onto the pair of warm hands and enveloped around her own body, she stole multiple quick kisses on the side of her girlfriend, half wrestling harmlessly down the stairs.



Jessica refused to let go of her holds on the hands, walking briskly to the kitchen, giving Yuri a difficult time to catch up with her pace. The love birds successfully captured everyone’s attention in the house as soon as they reached the dining room. Yuri hurried stood up straight, giving a light squeeze on the girl’s palm to signal her to let go.



‘’Good morning you two.’’ Mrs Jung greeted and approached her elder daughter while Yuri bowed back in response, settling down at the table. ‘’Happy birthday, Jessica. After so many years, I finally get to say this to you face to face.’’



‘’Thank you so much Mum, it meant a lot to me. Thank you for bringing me up to this world, raised me up, shaped me into who I am today and gave me such a cute sister.’’ Jessica pinched Krystal’s face while she cuddled with Mrs Jung, ruffling the hair.



‘’Break it up guys, I’m getting goose bumps!’’



Krystal voiced aloud because she knew if she didn’t deter this two ladies, both of them would have their tear buttons triggered. That would be the last thing she would ever want to see. It should be a delightful and nice day with only smiles. Not even any tears of joy would she want to witness. Her sister and mother got to their respective place and they went on with the traditional Korean breakfast with a bowl of seaweed soup each to celebrate the special event.



‘’I figured you two will want to spend the day somewhere alone since it’s the first birthday celebration for Jessica so I will just leave you guys to do anything. But can I request for us all to dine out tonight?’’



‘’Of course Mum. You call the shots!’’



‘’Alright, I will make a reservation at the restaurant then. Is 6 o’clock okay, Yuri?’’



‘’Absolutely, Mrs Jung.’’



The plan was settled after everyone’s approval and the meal went on merrily without any hiccups. Krystal and Sulli decided to go to the amusement park while Mrs Jung was heading out to the mall to get her errands done. Yuri took a nap when Jessica showered and prepared on the big bed due to exhaustion.



*FLASHBACK*



The phone rang in the pocket, waking the tanned girl up. Almost instantly, she fished out her phone and hit on the snooze button before it wakes the girl in her arms up too. Throwing her head back for a quick rest, she noticed the weather was much chilly than earlier. Yuri caressed the peaceful sleeping face and planted a kiss on the cute little nose. Slowly, she withdrew her hands away from the alternative, climbing off the hammock with much care, stretching once she landed her feet on the ground.



Like the previous times, Yuri slid her arms under Jessica’s head and back of the knee, carrying her closed. The body curled up slightly like a ball and snuggled against her, forming a little blissful beam. Upon the sight, the originally worn out party felt like she was given an injection of energy and it all came rushing through her body. That was exactly what she needed to keep herself awake to do what she was going to do for the next few hours.



Her footsteps were as light as feathers and the lack of light made the short distance back to the room seemed like a huge challenge. She prayed hard for the American to remain asleep and looked out for possible obstacles that she might knock into. With a minor force, she kicked the door opened, placing her princess in such a way that she would not collapse over.



Jessica’s body trembled for a second not long after she was put down and being meticulous as always, Yuri tucked her under the thick blanket, ensuring she was getting enough warmth in such cold nights. Yuri settled down at the dining room downstairs after she rolled out the helium gas tank she ordered earlier in the day without letting anyone knows, along with packets of pink balloons and strings.



Before she filled the balloons with helium air, she attached all the little note slips with her heart felt words written onto the bottom of strings. She had a hard time searching around for papers that were thin enough to weight just right so as to allow the balloons to float successfully and it was no easy job to write on it for the fact that it might tear.



After unknown time had passes, Yuri began to pump helium gas into the balloons one by one, then tying them with the strings she prepared beforehand. Her back was sore from the long continuous standing and squatting, but she carried on without a single grumble. She vowed to give the best to Jessica, and she meant it. By the time she was done, the birds were already chirping and the beam of sunlight shone through the big transparent sliding glass door connecting the back yard and kitchen, into the dining room.



Afraid that Jessica might be awake any moment from then, she grabbed as many floating balloons as she could with both hands, sending them into the room fast but carefully. It took her a few trips back and fro before everything settled in. She glanced around the ceiling full of pink balloons with the strings and papers dangling down, and felt a great sense of accomplishment. Some noises were heard from below and she figured that it was probably the host and daughter that came back from their stay over.



Yuri went down to greet them, offering to make breakfast while the three went to freshen up. She was lethargic from the event preparation during the late night, but she desired to make the traditional seaweed soup for Jessica. She even had the ingredients ready in the fridge that she managed to get from a Korean minimart down the street. Along with the soup, she made some other side dishes that were the birthday girl’s favourite, determined to start her day with the best way ever.



It didn’t take her too long, leaving her with some extra time to spare. The former hurried up to bathe and dressed up neatly, placing the second last gift on the desk near the door before heading towards the neighbour’s house to retrieve the last present for the morning. She had the brightest grin on her face on her return trip back to the house with the surprise in her hands and once she acknowledged from Krystal that her sister was already awake, reading the slips, she literally leaped up the flock of stairs.



With held back speed, she pushed the door opened with the big fluffy bear and the girl immediately came in her sight. Jessica was still in her sleeping attire with her hair uncombed, and tears were at the verge of falling when their eyes met. But that was the pulchritudinous girl that Yuri loved, no matter how she was presented. All Yuri did while Jessica was looking at the bear was admiring the angel before her.



That was her splendiferous princess.



*END OF FLASHBACK*



Jessica was welcomed by the warm sight of Yuri hovering over by the big bear, napping at one side of the bed. She didn’t want to wake the girl up instantly but wanted to watch her instead. She brushed those falling fringe back, lightly tucking them behind the ear. Leaning onto the pillow to get a closer look at that girl so soundly asleep, she got drowned in the sea of beauty.

She lost track of time while all her love and attention were raining onto Yuri. It wasn’t until moments later when she couldn’t resist the temptation of those glossy lips and moved in to get a taste of it, and then the tanned girl woke up. Yuri covered her weary face with a hand and observed the surrounding for a moment. Turning around to face Jessica again, she planted a kiss on the forehead and pulled the alternative into her embrace, tucking the head under her chin. Taking a sniff at the slightly wet hair, she spoke.



‘’Baby, you smell so nice.’’



Jessica simpered upon the comment, gently fondling her on the back. It was so smoothing that she almost fell asleep again when it suddenly dawned upon her that it was her girlfriend’s birthday. She picked herself up in the fastest speed, startling Jessica.



‘’What’s wrong sweetie?’’



‘’What time is it now?’’ Yuri extended out and across the bed to retrieve her phone to check the time. ‘’It’s almost twelve now! I’m so sorry for falling asleep! Let’s go celebrate your birthday!’’



She climbed out of bed and looked into the full length mirror, checking her outfit and adjusted her blouse, straightening the folds.



‘’You seem exhausted. Let’s just stay home and go for dinner later.’’



Yuri turned around to face Jessica, locking the tips of their fingers.



‘’I’m not tired as long as you are with me because you are my source of energy. Don’t worry, let’s go. We only have a few more hours before we got to meet your Mum.’’



‘’Baby come on-‘’



Those moving lips were sealed with a kiss before any words could be uttered anymore.



‘’Trust me, I’m not tired. Just enjoy the day okay? Let’s go!’’



***



The two girls travelled to town to shop around, bought some mementos for their friends back in Korea. They dropped by a diner to have some strawberry sundaes and chocolate fondue, having their snack in a midst of teasing. A foreigner photographer who was on a bag packed travel requested to take pictures of them for his exhibition project and they promised after some hesitation.



They started off real fast after seizing approval from the diner’s manager to have the mini photo shoot at their place and have it publicised in return. It began with Jessica sitting on Yuri’s laps and she had a spoon in , winking into the camera while the other just held onto her waist. They then transferred back to the seats with them sitting beside each other, both holding onto a side of the menu with half their faces hidden. Their eyes were so small it couldn’t be seen, for the fact that they were actually smiling.



The last minute photo shoot garnered crowd and everyone was watching intensively while involving in discussions. All that was heard were compliments of them be it being compatible or photogenic. It continued without much bumps and the photographer made them waited for him while he took off to a nearby shop to get the photos developed. The waiter of the eatery came forward with two sodas.



‘’Hi ladies, this is on the house from our manager as a way to thank you guys for helping us attract crowd and had meals here, boosting our business. Feel free to order more if this isn’t sufficient, it’s on our tab.’’



‘’We are sure flattered; please thank your generous boss behalf of us. Thank you.’’



Jessica politely replied and explained the situation to Yuri, They sipped on their soda and the man came back not long after, passing them their copies of the pictures. They were stunned at how well it turned out despite the lack of proper professional equipment and planning. 



Both parties bid farewell and they each took off to their next locations respectively. Jessica can’t keep her eyes off those pictures as they strolled along the streets with a hand intertwined with her girlfriend. It wasn’t until a yellow cab halted before her, then she realised that they were heading off to somewhere that she had no idea about. The journey was a pleasant one and soon, the alluring scene of the sun in the middle of the sky and the ocean surface slowly emerged before their eyes.



‘’Why are we here?’’ Jessica asked when they arrived at a jetty.



‘’We are going to go on a mini ship tour.’’



Grabbing her hand, Yuri half-jogged onto the deck of the water transportation that was slightly bigger than a yacht enough to carry a fair amount of passengers, settling down on one of the bench by the railings to catch the best glimpse of the sceneries.



There were many other people on the same tour as them with a mixture of locals and foreigners. The deck was rather spacious with a small stage up in the front with a band playing some relaxing Jazz music. The day was almost coming to an end and the sun was soon changing shift with the moon.



Jessica leaned onto the railings and made Yuri held her from behind as they watched the waves created by the strong wind on the boundless sea surface, softly chatting about little details and random things they saw.



‘’Are you cold?’’ The hot breath against her ear sent shivers through Jessica’s body.



‘’Just a little.’’ She caressed the face from the front, gently pressing her lips on the cheek.



‘’I will go get some nice hot chocolate. Wait for me.’’



Yuri departed for the back of the ship where there was a small snack bar around the corner to get some hot beverages, leaving the birthday girl admired the breath-taking scenery alone. It probably was the lack of presence of the alternative which made her felt even chillier than before. She drifted away with her thoughts, building castles in the air when she felt a tap on her shoulder.



‘’Are you Miss Jung Jessica? This is your hot chocolate with whipped cream and this flower is for you, from Miss Kwon.’’



A waitress wearing the uniform which indicated that she was a crew of the ship handed her the drink along with a purple rose-liked lilac flower. She was flattered upon the little gift but she was more interested in her girlfriend’s whereabouts.



‘’Thank you. Do you know where she is?’’



‘’She will be right back. Enjoy your ride.’’



Jessica gave a brief smile and handed the server a note as tip, looking at the flower after taking a sip of the drink in her hand. She remembered her mum who was so fond of flowers once told her, lilac flowers represented first love. She pondered if Yuri knew the meaning behind this purple stalk, but she was still elated by the tiny surprise.



It wasn’t too long and her drink was almost half dissolved but Yuri was still not in sight. She was just about to make a call when a few young kids appeared before her, handing her similar flowers one by one. They ran away even before she could speak and in no time, she was surrounded by strangers, each presenting her the purple flower.



She was so speechless upon the sight when the spotlights came on and shone on her. A clear strum of guitar sound echoed through the deck, coming from the stage where the band was on before, seizing her attention.



Jessica looked up and there she saw Yuri on stage with a guitar on her laps. The way she glanced at her girlfriend with those loving eyes as she picked on the strings with her long slender fingers had mesmerized every single passengers on board, let alone the girl she loved. She gave a mild smirk and began to sing.




 

There is no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard
No song that I could sing, but I can try for your heart
Our dreams, and they are made out of real things
Like a, shoebox of photographs
With sepia-toned loving
Love is the answer,
At least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? And where do we go?
And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy and
Sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together

Mmm, it's always better when we're together
Yeah, we'll look at the stars when we're together
Well, it's always better when we're together
Yeah, it's always better when we're together

And all of these moments
Just might find their way into my dreams tonight
But I know that they'll be gone
When the morning light sings
And brings new things
For tomorrow night you see
That they'll be gone too
Too many things I have to do
But if all of these dreams might find their way
Into my day to day scene
I'd be under the impression
I was somewhere in between
With only two
Just me and you
Not so many things we got to do
Or places we got to be
We'll sit beneath the mango tree now

Yeah, it's always better when we're together
Mmm, we're somewhere in between together
Well, it's always better when we're together
Yeah, it's always better when we're together

Mmm, mmm, mmm

I believe in memories
They look so, so pretty when I sleep
Hey now, and when I wake up,
You look so pretty sleeping next to me
But there is not enough time,
And there is no, no song I could sing
And there is no combination of words I could say
But I will still tell you one thing
We're better together.




The crowd was drowning Yuri with their thunder-liked claps by the time she was done singing but all she saw was her sublime perfection. She placed the guitar aside and took the last flower, approaching the other that never had once shifted her gaze away from.



‘’This is for you.’’ She presented the lilac of a different colour to Jessica. ‘’Just like this pink lilac among the purple ones, you stood out in my life. You made it different and better so please, continue to be like it, the first love of mine.’’



***



‘’Hi Mum, are we late?’’



The couple entered the reserved cabin in the restaurant, guided by the in-charge and saw the elderly sitting there alone, looking through the menu. Mrs Jung took off her spectacles and stared at those flowers in her daughter’s arm but soon focused on the question asked instead.



‘’No, you girls were actually early. I just arrived. Krystal and Sulli are on their way. They probably forgot the time in the amusement park. Are you two hungry? Let’s order first shall we?’’



‘’Were you guys planning to start without the maknaes?’’



Speaking of the devil, in this case a beautiful one, Krystal came in with Sulli behind, hand full of bags. She went over to give her Mum and sister a kiss each before getting seated beside Sulli.



‘’Yes we were, if you were to be any later. Jess, you can do the order since it’s your birthday.’’



‘’It’s okay, let the

younger ones decide.’’



Mrs Jung handed to the little ones upon the suggestion and the two eighteens ordered a table full of food and even had appetizers before as they waited to be served. It was a shocking view to witness how her younger daughter stomachs so much food but yet such a fit image. Similarly, her elder one had pleasant appetite and that made her pleased.



The thought of having her two beloved daughters to depart from her again two days later pained her heart but Mrs Jung still didn’t feel that she was ready to go back to Korea. Maybe she was ashamed of her own acts during the younger days, or maybe she was just purely having the phobia of returning back. It was solely her problem that she refused to solve.



‘’Mum, something bothering you?’’ Jessica munched on the bread stick and questioned.



‘’Nah I’m good. Just that I’m little full but I still want to have some desserts later so I’m trying to let the food digest first. You like the food?’’



Jessica nodded, beaming like a satisfied little girl while sipping on her cup of coke. Mrs Jung ran her finger through the latter’s hair, watching her babies indulged in the big feast. It was as if she was trying very hard to register every single image in her brain now for further memories.



‘’Are you guys ready for some cake?’’ Krystal smirked playfully and took out a cake just the right size for everyone. ‘’Sulli and I made this for you Jessie! That’s why we were held back.’’



The cake was colourful, decorated with many kinds of icing. There were a few stickmen on top of the pastry; seashells were drawn with chocolate cream and a beautiful blue as background. Jessica smiled and messed the hair of the two girls.



‘’Thank you so much, I love it. This is probably one of the most beautiful cakes I have ever seen. Taeyeon should hire you two as her sub-bakers.’’



They processed on with singing her the birthday song in two different languages and had a slice each but other than Mrs Jung’s share; most of it went on Jessica’s face. The four girls chased each other merrily, or more like two were against one that hid behind the other, having a crazy time of the night.



Mrs Jung stood up and left in silence, sitting outside the restaurant to get some peace. Yuri noticed her absence and headed out to look for her.



‘’Mrs Jung, are you okay? You seemed beat. Do you want me to take you home first?’’



‘’I just needed to spare my ears from Jessica’s dolphin screams.’’ She joked, and then pats the seat next to herself. ‘’Come join me, Yuri.’’



The tanned girl did as she was told, settling down to her girlfriend’s mother. It was actually a little tensed for her since she had never been alone with Mrs Jung before and she never really knew what kind of girl she was in those eyes.



‘’You love Jessica a lot right Yuri?’’



‘’Of course, Mrs Jung. She means the world to me.’’



‘’I thank you, Yuri, for always showering my daughter with care and concern. I may not say this but I know you had done a lot for her. A mother always know. From even the most minor action such as refilling her cup for her once you noticed it was empty practically showed how meticulous you were towards her. I’m very glad that my daughter fell for someone like you, Yuri. I like you very much. It had only been last than a week since we met but I could fully comprehend why Jessica chose to entrust her heart with you.



Sometimes you even take note of the slightest detail of hers that even I may have missed out. I had somehow failed as their mother for being so cowardly, so I truly wish that before I muster up my courage and fly back to Korea, you can help me protect Jessica and her younger sister. It’s not fair to you, I know, but I can’t find a better candidate than you, Yuri.’’



‘’Mrs Jung, please don’t say that. I’m more than honoured to be picked by you to be entrusted with Sica and Krystal. Trust me, even without you requesting personally, I would still defend the Jung sisters. Meanwhile, don’t worry too much about them. Sica is a responsible sister and Krystal is very well-behaved, not giving any troubles. They are strong girls, Mrs Jung, just like you. You are not cowardly, you are just unprepared. Someday you will overcome everything because I strongly believe that your love for the girls will be enough to push you through everything.’’



The spark of determination In Yuri’s dark eyes had moved the middle aged woman beside her. Mrs Jung nodded in satisfaction. She knew she didn’t make a mistake in handling her precious girls to this young but mature lady. Giving a pat on Yuri’s back, she shifted closer.



‘’Your parents must be very proud and fortunate to have a daughter like you, just that how the sisters are to me. No one will do better than you anymore, Yuri.’’



The duo just sat there, enjoying the silent moment and company of each other. The awkwardness felt before dispersed into thin air and was replaced by a sense of comfort. Both of them loved the same person and their starting point was the same. Together they were going to ensure the one that they were looking out for would always remain unharmed and happy.



Yuri let out a stiffened sneeze and Mrs Jung suggested for them to head back in. By the time they got back into the cabin, Krystal and Sulli were already helping Jessica clean up.



‘’Where have you been? Can you go to the washroom with me to wash my face? It’s a little greasy.’’ The brown haired girl asked.



‘’Yeah, let’s go. I was just having a small chat with your mum. She’s a very nice lady. I’m thankful she approved us.’’



Yuri held onto Jessica’s long hair as she bended over the sink to rinse the remaining cream on her fair face. She couldn’t reply but the last sentence was nice to hear. To be able to get her mum’s approval meant a million to her because at least that allowed her to know that she made the right choice of being together with this tanned girl she saw through the mirror reflection.



She stood still while Yuri wiped the water droplets off with the paper towels and the tip of kept on quivering, as if she could burst out laughing at any moment. She played with Yuri’s shirt, twirling the fabric with her fingers and tickling the opposite at times. She was in the mood for some mischief. 



‘’Yah Sica, I can’t clean your face if you keep poking me! And your hands are so cold!’’



Giggling, Jessica grabbed onto Yuri’s neck, causing the tall girl to shriek aloud at the coldness. The teasing went on for a tiny moment with the America touching her girlfriend everywhere on the exposed skin with her icy hands while the latter just douched as much as she could.



‘’You naughty!’’



Yuri held Jessica from the back, holding onto the wrist and pushed her lightly to the hand-dryer to warm them up. The petite girl attempted to break free but failed; only to be able to do nothing except letting the tall girl took control. So there they stood with the tanned girl’s front against the other’s back, tenderly keeping their hands together under the machine.



‘’Are you tired yet Sica?’’



‘’Not really, why?’’



‘’Let’s not go home yet, can we? Let’s go to the beach for a stroll.’’



***



Don’t be home too late girls. And be careful since it will be pretty dark out there.’’ Mrs Jung leaned in to peak Jessica on her cheek. ‘’Happy birthday.’’



‘’Thank you Mummy, catch you later.’’



The two girls went on a different route, heading towards one of the places that they hung out at the most for the past few days. As usual, the night wind was cold. Yuri led Jessica to the area of big rocks and helped her climbed up before settling down too. The older girl snuggled into the embrace, shivering.



‘’My lips are so dry it’s going to crack.’’ She whined and pouted.



Yuri cupped the cheek with a hand, brushing her fingers across those lips. ‘’It must be hurting right?’’



The tanned girl continued brushing those lips while she was looked at, and she paused for a second, glancing into those eyes and saw her own reflection. She smirked and drew in to meet the other pair of lips with hers. Jessica was overwhelmed at first, but it didn’t take too long for her to melt because of the affection.



Yuri ran her tongue across those thin cracks and she knew it stung when she felt a flinch. Boldly, she the lips, deepening the kiss before pulling away.



‘’Better now?’’



Jessica shook her head as she pressed her forehead against the other. ‘’Maybe one more kiss would be better.’’



Yuri laughed and tilted her head to press in for a quick peck. ‘’What about now?’’



‘’So much better! Thanks baby.’’



‘’You’re welcome, my greedy girl!’’ Yuri joked. ‘’Did you enjoy the day?’’



‘’Of course. Nothing beats having my family and you around. I’m grateful for everything you had done Yuri ah.’’



‘’You deserve it.’’ She smiled. Not long after, she pointed to a rock nearby. ‘’I was here that day and I found my name on that piece of rock. I didn’t know I own one.’’



Jessica recounted. It was her that carved that on the day Yuri arrived in America. She squinted her eyes and saw more words on it. The taller girl jumped off the rock that they were on, stretching her hands out to catch the other girl. Together, hand in hand, they walked closer to get a better view.



The only light source they had was the dimmed moonlight but it was bright enough for the girl to read whatever that was on it. Instead of just the name she carved earlier before, she saw her name too.



‘’Whatever that is mine will be yours too, so I wrote your name too. You know, people always tell me that relationship is usually begins sweet, then slowly it fades and dies. I always took their words for real until I met you. Now I understood why those were just pure lies. It was because whoever said that was not lucky as me to find someone like you.’’



‘’Kwon Yuri, you are so sweet and I wish I can eat you up!’’ Jessica combed the falling fringe back and tucked them behind the ear. Yuri smiled and intervolved their fingers, walking further down the shore, barefooted.



‘’Come Sica, I will give you a piggy back ride.’’



She stopped in the middle of the beach and despite of being perplexed at the random offer, Jessica climbed onto her back. Yuri’s intention was because it was slightly dark and their sight wasn’t exactly clear. She worried that there might be pointed peddles or chipped seashells that may cause cuts. She held onto the legs with their shoes in her hands while she strolled along the sea bay and let the waves ran over her feet.



The starry night was smoothing and the serene silence was comforting. Jessica placed her chin on the shoulder after planting a kiss on the cheek and softly whispered the three words into the ear. Every time she inhaled, there would be a sweet smell. It was probably the perfume the other girl wore and she loved that pleasant scent.



She pressed her body closer and buried her face against the crook of the neck. She liked how the smell would somehow be found on herself after every cuddles, wishing it to not fade away that soon. It was a scent of security that she was used to. No matter what occurs, as long as the perfume lingers around, she would know that her shelter is there.



‘’Baby, are you asleep?’’



‘’Not yet sweetie…’’



Yuri simpered upon her soft response.



‘’Happy birthday.’’