CHAPTER 12

LOVE CONTRACT



Running was one of her strength and even though the flock of stairs were steep, it still wasn’t enough to decrease the speed of the bolting Yuri. She sprinted all the way up and saw the loathsome guy attempting to rip off Jessica’s blouse. A ball of fire was boiling within her and it acted like her booster, sending her straight up to where the prey and the predator were in no time.



Yuri pushed Jung Soo away, leaving him with no time to react. She punched him on the jaws before he could even regain his compose and stomped her feet onto his chest. He let out a loud groan and over lifted the feet on top of him.



Instead of losing her balance and falling over like what the lustful guy was expecting, she a backwards kick, landing right on his head. She was so furious that the aura surrounding her was so dark, almost blinding the shameless man.



Knowing that he would suffer a disastrous outcome if he continued fighting, Jung Soo hurried picked himself up and fled for his life. Yuri would have given chase if it wasn’t for the sobbing victim on the bench.



‘’See what I told you?! Why did you even come with him?! What was in that head of yours and what were you seriously thinking? Why won’t you just freaking listen to me and jeopardized your own safety?!’’



Jessica hung her head low, petrified to face the fuming girl in front of her. She stood up almost instantly when she was hollered at, unwilling to add up to the flame by remaining on the seat and cry because she clearly knew that she brought this upon herself, deserving no sympathies.



She saw the hand rose up in the air from the corner of her eyes and she shut them tightly, tilting her head aside, awaiting for a hard slap that she thought she deserved. She couldn’t control but choked on her tears and let out a small whimper when she was pulled in for the tightest embrace she had ever received by a huge force.



‘’Do you have any idea that I was feverishly looking for you like a lunatic, fearing that any mishaps might have happened to you? Do you know how fast my heart was beating when I heard you screamed my name and how much I wished I could find you earlier? Do you exactly understand how absolutely important, how much you actually meant to me? Why, Sica? Why do you have to left me when I pleaded you to stay behind…?’’



The night wind got stronger but Jessica was least cold. A moment ago, her body was almost invaded by someone she clearly knew was a danger to her but now she got pulled out of those harassment, into a pair of protective, defensive arms.



“I’m deeply sorry Sica. I should have come for you earlier… I should have insisted on coming with you even if you wanted to leave with him. I should have better keep you out of the reach of harmful figures instead of letting you having to suffer like this. I finally found you… I would never ever forgive myself if anything happen to you.’’



Jessica snuggled into the crook of the neck and bawled. The aftershock was too much for her to take. No words could ever describe how grateful she was for Yuri’s rescue and how she felt so taken care of.



‘’Shh… Don’t cry anymore baby. I’m here.’’



Slowly, she fondled Jessica on her back affectionately, showering her with kisses on her forehead and whispering words of comfort.



***



She fastened the seat belt for Jessica after dressing the slightly exposed girl with her own coat before proceeding to her side of the car.



‘’Yuri, can you take me to your house instead? I don’t want Soojungie to know about it.’’



Yuri brushed her fringes aide and fixed her coat for her. ‘’Soojung is Krystal right? No problem, Sooyoung is at Sunny’s place so you can have my room.’’



Jessica smiled to show her appreciation although she didn’t know if she would like to sleep in a separated room with Yuri. It was nothing y on her mind, but it was just that she wondered if she could even fall asleep after such traumatizing incident. They took off back into the city. Despite still being shaken, she understood that she would be fine as long as she was within Yuri’s sight.



She glanced out of the window, admiring the night lights when they came to a stop at the red light. A warm hand intertwined with hers and she looked to her side. Yuri drew in and pecked her lightly on the nose before shifting her gaze back onto the road, without letting go of her hand.



Jessica leaned on the shoulder and hugged the arm. She liked the kind of warmth and safe feeling she had now. But she was apparently uncertain what did all those words and actions meant. They both remained silent and in their positions during the long trip back the apartment.



‘’Take a shower first while I wrap up some food for you. What do you want to eat?’’



Yuri hung the towel and a new set of clothes in the comfort room’s rack. She noticed all those scratches on those arms from all the struggles and marks on the neck. She brushed her fingers across them and the other girl flinched at the discomfort.



Jessica didn’t want to be reminded of those lustful touches by Jung Soo. It was nothing but a nightmare. As if she gotten the cue, Yuri withdrew her hand and ushered her into the toilet. She was about to close the door when someone called out for her.



‘’Yuri…’’



She knew what the worries were and gave an assuring grin.



‘’You will be fine, I promise. Scramble eggs?’’



Jessica nodded and she turned, walking towards her kitchen. She could feel those eyes staring at her back for a short period before the door clicked.



***



‘’I wonder if Yuri found Jessie yet.’’ Tiffany placed her fork down after taking only a few bites of her baked rice that Taeyeon made.



‘’Don’t worry. Sica is old enough to take care of herself. I haven’t seen Jung Soo in a while already. Still a joker I suppose?’’ Hyoyeon asked with filled with those delicious dishes.



‘’You bet! He flirted with Fany and Yuri, mocked that I wasn’t growing and brought Sica somewhere in private. He was being a total jerk.’ Taeyeon slammed the table and startled Hyoyeon, eventually earning a kick under the table.



‘’Taetae, just let him be. I’m your girlfriend and that is something he can never change no matter how many times he tries to flirt with me. It was so sweet of you to stand before me just now and you know, height really matter least. He wasn’t any taller than Yuri anyways.’’ Tiffany coaxed her girlfriend and massaged the spot where she received the kick.



‘’What about Sica? Did she leave with him?’’ Hyoyeon continued to interrogate.



‘’Yeah. I have no idea what the hell she was thinking. Or maybe, she wasn’t even using her head. Fine, there’s nothing wrong if she wanted to go with him but she asked for a lift home when Yuri already said that she would fetch her home. She stared into her eyes and refused Yuri when she was asked to stay behind. Man, you should have seen those pair of eyes. It was so obvious that Yuri was bitter about it. Those strong desires of punching Jung Soo, she didn’t even bother to hide it. It was as if Sica was really her girlfriend instead of Lover For Loan.’’



Hyoyeon eyed Tiffany as the petite girl spoke.



‘’Are you thinking what I’m thinking Fany?’’



‘’I believe so.’’



***



Jessica watched the back view of the girl washing the dishes at the sink while she sipped on her warm milk. It was getting late and she was exhausted. But once she closed her eyes, all the images of what took place earlier came rushing into her mind, scaring her and kept her awake.



She yawned and tears formed in her eyes. For a person that falls asleep almost anytime and anywhere, it was difficult for her to feel worn out but yet couldn’t sleep. Those liquids tickled down her cheeks just as the other girl finished cleaning up.



‘’Why are you crying Sica? Scared again?’’ Yuri wiped her hands dry and approached Jessica who was sitting at the high chair behind the dining table. Gently, she the silky hair.



‘’I was merely yawning but… I have a slight problem trying to sleep.’’ She shyly admitted. After all these whiles, there was nothing that she thought was necessary for her to lie about.



‘’Silly. Why not?’’ Yuri held her hands and brought her to the balcony where they had their first hug on the very day they met.



‘’Everything comes back when I shut my eyes… Dreadful touches, lustful looks. I can’t handle it.’’



‘’That lad! I regretted not punching him more! He deserved to be beaten up. Why didn’t you want to report him?’’



‘’I don’t want to go through all those interrogations and do troublesome paper works. His parents are well known in the business industry. If it were to go on the news, my life would be disrupted. This treatment was enough. I didn’t want to attract more unnecessary attentions from the public.’’



Jessica fiddled with Yuri’s fingers, waiting for a reply but she gotten nothing. Her head was tucked into the chest and her small body was enveloped. Nobody spoke but it was alright, all they did was watch the starry night.



She could clearly listen to Yuri’s slow and steady heartbeats and matched her breathing with the other. The cold wind blew against her face as the swing that they were on swayed side to side at a constant speed.



Soon enough, her eyelids met. Despite the long day she had and the smoothing atmosphere, she wasn’t capable of drifting into her usual dreamland. Still slightly traumatized, but that weren’t the reason why she couldn’t fall asleep. Deep inside her head, she was questioning herself.



Incidentally, the whole event that took place earlier drew her client and her closer. They crossed the line of what she usually does with her previous business associates. There was a pinch of guilt arising within her as Yoona came into the picture. She was supposed to bring them together.



Her train of thoughts were broken when she felt those hands slid under her knees and neck. Her body escalated as she was carried away from the balcony and back into the warm house. Yuri made sure she held onto the girl tightly without bumping into anything and walked light footedly back into her room.



Shutting the door with her leg, she placed Jessica on her queen sized bed like the first time the girl stayed over at her house. She lifted the cover over and was about to leave when she got pulled back.



‘’Stay with me…’’



Jessica opened her eyes and scooted over to the other side of the bed to make space for Yuri. She hesitated about it until the older girl intertwined their fingers and made her come onto the bed. A delightful scent lingered around.



Yuri supported her head with her arm and laid side way, glancing at Jessica. No doubt that the room was dark, but the moonlight shining in was enough for the girls to admire each other. The tanned girl fixed those bangs and caressed the splendid face while the American girl held onto the blanket like a little girl who feared the night. Those caring gazes made her felt secured.



Without acknowledgement, Yuri was lowering her body towards the girl beside her. Her mind was no longer functioning properly. It was the perfect moment, or so she thought, but she wanted to take it slow. After all, their current relationship wasn’t affirmed other than being a Lover For Loan and client.



The image back in the cab on the first day they met came flashing back into Jessica’s head like a movie screening. She remembered vividly how much she yearned to taste those lips back then but missed the chance. Unwilling to lose the opportunity again, she wrapped her hands around the neck and pulled in closer until their lips met.



Being more assured that it was fine, Yuri then boldly deepened the kiss. She cupped the face with a hand whole supporting herself with the other, savouring those lips. It was exactly what Jessica thought her first kiss would be. She had always seen Taeyeon pecked Tiffany but she never had any experiences before. She thought that it was something that should never be rushed into because after all, it was something that she could only provide once. That was no undo for things like such and she didn’t want to have any regrets.



Waiting for someone that she would think deserves it and not simply giving it to anyone, she knew that Yuri was the one when their lips finally came together. She understood that she made the right choice in choosing the right one to entrust her first kiss with.



Yuri was gentle and careful, reluctant to make the other half relate the kiss to the assault previously. Being a zero experience kisser, she was definitely doing a great job. She didn’t want to ruin anything for Jessica and herself by rushing into anything.



Slowly, she broke away. The twosome gazed into each other’s deeply and smiled in synchronized.



‘’Goodnight Sica.’’



‘’Goodnight Yuri.’’



***



‘’Seohyun ah…’’



‘’Yeah?’’



Yoona stared at the working girl intensively, making Seohyun uneasy.



‘’Is that your hobby?’’



‘’What hobby?’’ Yoona asked.



‘’To call someone’s name and then not talk.’’ Seohyun gave an annoyed face.



‘’So funny, Seohyun.’’ She faked a laugh. ‘’I was wondering if you can print an extra set of the photos of our assignment for me.’’



‘’What do you want it for? Admire yourself?’’



‘’Come on, I could just stare into the mirror if I wanted to! It’s Yuri that-‘’ Yoona stopped immediately when she realized that she gave herself out.



Seohyun raised her brows and shifted her attention to the girl in front of her instead. ‘’Im Yoona, you like Kwon Yuri?’’



‘’Yah! Why do you keep calling us by names when we are older than you?! You even called us by our full names!’’



‘’You have yet to answer my question, Im Yoona.’’



‘’So have you, Seohyun.’’



‘’Do you want the pictures?’’



Yoona slapped the photographer on her arm. ‘’Are you threatening your Unnie here?’’



‘’It’s a deal not a threat, a trade for a trade. Take it or leave it.’’ Seohyun packed her things and headed out of the studio. She didn’t feel good about this conversation. She knew she might be disappointed at the answer she may get but she would rather hear it now than in the future from someone else’s mouth.



‘’Fine I give in! Why are you such an evil maknae?’’ Yoona pouted when she caught up.



‘’Must all maknaes be weak and whiny? The older one should always give in to the younger one isn’t, Unnie?’’



‘’What kind of logic is that? Okay, I will tell you but let’s go get our dinner first! I’m starving! Plus, it’s on your tab!’’ She ran into the barbeque shop beside their school before the alternative could even give a reply.



‘’I want this, this, this, this, that, and…. That! Oppa, can we have extra serving for Kimchi too please?’’ She looked at the waiter with her big innocent eyes, charming him endlessly. Without second thoughts, the waiter nodded shyly and went to prepare the food which could most probably serve up to four people.



Yoona turned back to face the expressionless girl in front of her and beamed from ear to ear. Seohyun rolled her eyes upon the sight although deep inside, she thought it was cutely of her student model. The smile faded away in no time.



‘’Seohyun, you hate me right?’’



‘’Hate is a strong word.’



‘’Do you hate me?’’ Yoona was getting slightly emotional, seeing that Seohyun always seemed pissed at everything she does. She thought their relationship was getting on track after the day they went shopping together.



‘’Here Miss, your extra serving of Kimchi and food. Do let me know if you need more orders but please note that kitchen closes in another hour’s time. Enjoy your food!’’ The waiter came along with a large tray, trying hard to balance the food single-handedly as he settled the dishes on the table, filling it up in neck breaking speed.



‘’Thank you Oppa…’’ The cheerful smile that he was expecting was no longer visible and he returned back to the kitchen in great distaste.



‘’You better finish all these before I squeeze them down your throat.’’ Seohyun pretended to be ignorance and started to place the sliced meat on the grill.



There was no way Yoona would ever give in this time despite her tummy was grumbling and the food was too tempting. She kept her sight on the girl, determined to figure it tonight. She disliked how she was always the one trying to liven up the spirit but yet gotten wet blankets in return.



The younger girl sighed before she took a piece of fresh cabbage and napped a nicely grilled meat with Kimchi in it. She shoved the wrapped meat in front of Yoona.



‘’No, I don’t hate you.’’



Yoona frowned. ‘’Are you lying?’’



‘’No I’m not. I don’t hate you, Im Yoona. Neither do I dislike you. But I hate to wait.’’ Seohyun was about to retract her hand back since she hated waiting, but Yoona grabbed it back with force and swallowed the wrap in a mouth.



‘’Then why do you always pull faces whenever I do something?’’ A bad mood never ruins a shikshin’s appetite. The girl had just proven the statement.



‘’See, I never had interact too much with anyone ever since my parents were gone and my sister was in a coma. You’re the first person that befriended me. I’m sorry if my actions spoke a different meaning, but I never meant to hurt or reject you. I’m still trying to figure out how to keep a friendship working well. Give me some more time.’’



Unable to hide that blooming happiness that was erupting within her, now that she finally came clean with why Seohyun was behaving like that, Yoona did her signature alligator laugh, revealing all the chewed food in .



‘’You are forgiven maknae yah! Your Unnie understands, you are totally loving me!’’



‘’Before I learn how to love you, tell me about you and Yuri.’’



Still indulged in her pool of food, the girl feigned that she heard nothing. Playing deaf was the best way to get out of a situation that she didn’t want to get involved, or at least that was what she thought.



Seohyun removed all the dishes that Yoona was aiming for one by one, refusing to give her any until she provides an answer.



‘’Okay yes I like Yuri Unnie! Happy? Give me back my food!’’ She blushed madly and snatched back the plates, stuffing her little mouth with wraps after wraps.



‘’Slow down would you? Are you a glutton or something? Nobody’s fighting with you for the food. You are going to choke at this rate!’’ A flow of bitterness was drowning Seohyun’s heart. She was absolutely nowhere near happy.



With more Kimchi and orders served, the meal went on without bumps, except when the bill came to the table. The amount would have shocked anyone that first dined with Yoona to death but not Seohyun expecially when she was always the one footing the bill.



Yoona fell asleep on her way back home on the car since the day had been tedious. Seohyun stopped at the lobby of the apartment and stared at the flawless face for a moment. She could hardly bare to wake the girl who was sleeping so soundly awake but she knew that it would be way more comfortable for her to sleep on a bed. She shook the girl by her shoulder.



‘’I’m home already...?’’ She yawned. ‘’That sure was fast. Thanks for the meal and the ride home maknae yah. Have a good rest. Goodnight!’’ She stepped out of the car and rubbed her eyes.



‘’Do you want me to walk you up?’’



‘’I would want you to, but it’s late and I bet you are worn out too. You better get going. Bye Hyunnie!’’



‘’What the hell is Hyunnie? It’s Seohyun!’’



Yoona walked backwards and gave a merong before waving back. Seohyun kept her eyes on the slim figure until it disappeared. She leaned on the stirring wheel and waited for a few minutes before she saw those lights from the rightful unit . Softly, she muttered.



‘’I don’t hate or dislike you, Im Yoona. Because I think… I have fallen in love with you.’’