CHAPTER 2

LOVE CONTRACT

’Wait up Jessica shi! Is it okay to leave just like that? What about my friend? She might not like me leaving like that.’’



‘’Just call me Sica. You don’t use formal language with your girlfriend, do you? They will understand. This is how it works.’’ Jessica had Yuri walking beside her, and they left the place without informing anyone. The taller girl was worried about Sooyoung, for she never liked departing obscurely.



Jessica led her to a nice cozy café just a stone throw away from Perfect Lovers. 



‘’Taengoo! I’m here!’’



They settled down on the sofa at a corner before Jessica called out for somebody named Taengoo.



‘’What a weird name…’’



‘’No, her name is Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon. Taengoo is just a nickname. Don’t you have a nickname too?’’ Jessica looked around the shop for her friend.



‘’Ahh I do! People in my college calls me Yurisistable.’’ Yuri beamed upon her own words. She was extremely proud of her title. 



‘’Hmm… You are tall, tanned, pretty and handsome. Worthy name. Kim Taeyeon! Where are you?!’’



Jessica stood up, heading towards the kitchen. The other girl’s cheeks were turning red like tomatoes after receiving compliments. Despite being praised for umpteen times, she never had felt so joyous.



‘’Excuse me Miss, do you need help?’’ A fun-sized, kid looking girl with short hair was standing in front of Yuri, breaking her thoughts. She had a nametag pinned on her uniform. Kim Taeyeon.



‘’Jessica shi! Your friend is here!’’



Yuri’s Lover For Loan poked her head out of the kitchen door cutely. ‘’There you are. Where were you?’’ She ruffled Yuri’s hair before sitting down beside her. ‘’It’s Sica, remember?’’



‘’We ran out of sugar and the supplier can’t send some over immediately so I went to get just enough for the rest of the day.’’ Taeyeon lifted the bag in her hand.



‘’I want two strawberry cheesecake please. By the way, she is Kwon Yuri.’’



‘’Hello, I am Taeyeon. Sorry for the absence just now. You must be Sica’s girlfriend. Many wanted to ask her out but never succeed. You are a lucky one you know?’’



Yuri’s jaws nearly touched the ground when she heard the word ‘’girlfriend’’. For a moment, she forgot about the contract with immediate effect. She didn’t snap out of her daze until she saw a pair of eagle eyes glaring at her.



‘’Hello, I’m Kwon Yuri. I guess I am...?’’



‘’Yah just get going. I’m getting hungry!’’ Jessica held her fist up in the air, pretending to punch Taeyeon from where she was.



Yuri chuckled at that precious moment. Unknowingly, she brushed her finger across the girl’s nose and smiled. ‘’Do you know that you looked really cute?’’



Jessica was stunned for a second, she never saw that coming. It was just barely two hours since they both met. Apart from all the previous people that she coached, nobody had skinship with her. To be true, she was always alert about her surroundings when she was with her clients. She never allowed any of them to touch her. Yuri was the first.



Given her usual character, she would have blown. Surprizingly, all she did was simper, shattering the short silence. Almost instantly, the girl beside her shifted her gaze outside the window.



‘’Ahem… I… Ah… I’m sorry for that… Ah… Yeah.’’



‘’Nah, don’t be. That was an impressive and unexpected move. It will definitely wow her. You know, your crush.’’



Awkward was the best word to describe the atmosphere at that point of time between the two girls. Thankfully, Taeyeon came along with two pieces of mouth-watering looking strawberry cheesecakes and a jar of ice water.



‘’My best friend makes the best strawberry cheesecake within this estate. You ought to try some.’’



‘’It must be my lucky day then. Yoona loves strawberry cheesecakes.’’ Yuri beamed from ear to ear, formulating the plan in her mind of bringing her crush to the café for desserts.



‘’That is it? Yoona is her name?’’



‘’Yup, Im Yoona. She is a year younger than me. She is turning twenty one after three months.’’



‘’What a pretty name. You are twenty two this year? Me too, that makes me your chingu. Taeyeon is twenty two too. Her birthday just passed, during March.’’



Yuri was awed when she realized that Taeyeon aren’t any high school student but someone of her age. In fact, the girl was older than her by nine months.



‘’Really? What about you? When is your birthday?’’



‘’April Eighteenth. You?’’



‘’December Fifth. Should I call you Unnie instead since you are older?’’ She jokingly emphasized the word ‘’older’’, causing Jessica to choke on her ice water that came with the cake earlier on.



‘’Are you okay? I was just joking. I didn’t mean what I said. I’m sorry!’’ Yuri the coughing back tenderly, wiping Jessica’s mouth with the tissue.



‘’I’m fine now, no worries.’’ Jessica picked up her fork, slowly slicing the cake into a smaller piece before she attempted to feed Yuri. ‘’Have a taste, it’s really delicious. Trust me.’’



Doubtfully, the taller girl took a bite. Rising her eyebrows, Jessica waited for a reply.



‘’It’s really good…’’



‘’I know right! Told you to trust me! Princess Jessica’s taste is never wrong! Well, maybe sometimes… But still hardly faulty!’’ She herself had a bite and it wasn’t too long before she knew that she shared a fork with her client. She was never careless about things like this, and she never shared any piece of utensils with her customers, or feed anything to them. What was happening…?



Yuri looked at her, wondering if she was alright. She quickly got rid of that thought and turned back. ‘’Back to where we were. Can you tell me about Yoona?’’



Yuri gladly nodded.



‘’Well, her birthday is in May, when the contract will ends. She excels in acting and modelling.’’



‘’Hmm...’’ Jessica rubbed her fingers against her chin, thinking hard. ‘’So how did you fall for her?’’



‘’Wow, what a question. Emm… I was her facilitator when she had her orientation camp last year and after that we would hang out together occasionally since Sooyoung often do modelling with her.’’



‘’What makes you so certain that you fell for her?’’



‘’Well, they always say if you are always thinking about someone no matter what you are doing, yearning to see that person every time means you like them. Yeah so… I guess that’s about it…’’



*** 



‘’Finally I’m done with all the cakes! Just got to put them into the oven and I can have my rest! Aigoo… I’m so tired!’’ Taeyeon let out a loud yawn as she placed all the fresh batch of homemade cake dough into the oven. ‘’I wonder what Fany is doing right now… She didn’t come over for lunch… Maybe she got caught up at Perfect Lovers… I miss her…’’



She had been working continuously since she returned from her little trip to the supermarket to get her sugar. Business was getting on track and she even received big orders from companies. Being a baker wasn’t easy, but that was her passion. She was happy-tired, like what her four years girlfriend, Tiffany, always says.



She took a bottle of Vita500 out from her personal fridge, the vitamin drink that Tiffany bought for her to replenish her energy before heading towards her office. She was planning to call her girlfriend when she discovered that her inbox was flooded with messages and had fifteen missed calls.



Miss Calls : HoneyFany (4) 
Hyoyeon (11)



18 New Messages



Taeyeon wondered what was so urgent and she clicked on her first message.



From : HoneyFany
To : DorkyTae
11:56AM


‘’Taetae ah… I’m sick… ): I’m running a temperature.. :/’’



From : HoneyFany
To : DorkyTae
12:15PM


‘’Baby, can you come pick me up at Perfect Lovers? Upset… D:’’



From : HoneyFany
To : DorkyTae
12:37PM


‘’Tae…? ):’’



From : HoneyFany
To : DorkyTae
1:02PM


‘’Threw up like almost a million times already… :X’’



From : HoneyFany
To : DorkyTae
1:18PM


‘’I think I just vomited my organs out… >.>’’



From : HoneyFany
To : DorkyTae
1:47PM


‘’Are you that busy? :(’’



From : HoneyFany
To : DorkyTae
2:04PM
‘’Remember to eat your lunch. :heart:’’



From : HoneyFany
To : DorkyTae
2:29PM


‘’Wish you were here… I miss you.. >;’’



From : HoneyFany
To : DorkyTae
2:32PM


‘’Remember to settle your bills with the flour supplier! It is almost outstanding! Himnae! ^^’’



From : HoneyFany
To : DorkyTae
2:58PM


‘’Busy? Have a break, drink some Vitamin C.  I love you. <3 Fighting!’’



From : Hyoyeon
To: Taeyeon
3:02PM


‘’Yah where are you?! :@ Fany’s burning! Pick up your damn phone!’’



From : Hyoyeon
To : Taeyeon
3:09PM


‘’Are you done?! Tiffany keeps murmuring your name! Hurry over!’’



From : Hyoyeon
To : Taeyeon
3:12PM


‘’GET HERE NOW!’’



From : Hyoyeon
To : Taeyeon
3:34PM


‘’YOU’RE SO DEAD! I’M GOING TO SLAUGHTER YOU! :@’’



From: Hyoyeon 
To : Taeyeon
3:40PM


‘’I can’t seem to wake Fany up! I think she fainted! Return my call once you see this!’’



From : Hyoyeon
To : Taeyeon
3:41PM


‘’I’m calling the doctor over since the ambulance can’t pass through the small alley.’’



From : Hyoyeon
To : Taeyeon
4:32PM


‘’Guess what? Fany’s temperature was 41.1 degrees! You could bake your stupid cakes on her forehead already! :@’’



A tear escaped from Taeyeon’s eye and fell onto her cell phone screen. Tiffany was seriously ill and yet she was doing everything and anything in the world but looking after her. Her girlfriend even reminded her to pay her bills, worried if she had her meal or if she was over working herself.



She punched a few numbers on the keypad before placing her phone against her ear.



‘’Come on… Pick up Honey… Pick up… I’m so sorry…’’



‘’The number you have dialled is engaged at the moment. Please try again later.’’



Taeyeon groaned before pressing another set of numbers. She tapped her fingers nervously against her table as she listened to the other caller ring tone.



‘’Hello! Hyo- Crap!’’ She slammed her phone on the table after she realized that she got into Hyoyeon’s voice mail instead. She couldn’t get through any of the girls. 



She looked at the clock and it was five minutes away from five. Taeyeon grabbed her bag and swept all her belongings into it. She ran out, passing the kitchen towards the dining area as fast as her legs could carry her.



‘’Sica! Fany is running a high fever! I got to go pick up her! I am already a few hours late! Can you please watch my cakes for me? It’s in the oven! It is on timer. Just bring the cakes out and let them cool on the racks when it’s ready! Thanks!’’



She couldn’t afford to wait for her friend’s reply and took off to where her sick girlfriend was, leaving two girls behind trying hard to digest her words.



‘’Oh my god….. Did she just ask me to look after her cakes Yuri ah?’’



‘’I guess so..?’’



‘’NO WAY! She knows I can’t cook or bake or do anything in the kitchen except for burning things down! What am I supposed to do?!’’ Jessica buried her head into her head into the crook of Yuri’s neck, groaning.



‘’Maybe I can lend you a helping hand? I got an A+ for my home economics class when I was in high school.’’



Her head shot up upon Yuri’s sentence, eyes glittering with hope. She held the other girl by her shoulders, shaking her back and forth.



‘’Seriously? You’re the best Yul! I at cooking! Thank god you are here!’’



‘’Don’ttttt mentionnnnnn ittt….. Buttttt cannnn youuuu quitttt shakingggg meeee? Giddyyyyyyy….’’



‘’Oops, sorry! I forgot!’’ She sticks out her tongue, narrowing her eyes into a smile. ‘’You’re so comfortable…’’ She commented before laying back into her neck.



Never have she ever had such intimate actions with anyone except Hyo, Tae and Fany. Yuri was the first client she acted comfortably with. But this time round, instead of questioning herself about all these unexplainable acts, she chose to enjoy the company.