CHAPTER 11

LOVE CONTRACT


Tiffany’s POV: 



‘’Hey Jessie, do you want some of this?’’ I held the box of cupcakes that Taeyeon specially baked for us this morning. 



‘’Thanks.’’ She broke her sight away from the scenery outside the window and took one. 



She peeled off little bit by bit and chewed really slowly. Apparently something was bothering her, and I guess I could simply figure what it was. I got down the car from my front seat and joined her at the back while Taetae was busy snapping pictures of the breath-taking views of the top of the mountain where we were supposed to meet Yuri, Yoona and a photographer named Seohyun. 



‘’Don’t you want to go take a stroll with Taeyeon?’’



‘’You want me to go?’’



‘’No, just stay with me please. I would really appreciate your company now.’’



‘’I’m so hurt Jessie. How could you? I thought you liked my company ever since we first met. I even thought that you had a crush on me.’’ I teased. 



She let out a little laugh before a sigh. I took over the hardly eaten cupcake away and fed her instead, knowing that she would most probably take at least an hour to finish at this rate. 



‘’Let me guess. You are nervous about what will happen later, you are worried that you won’t be able to get a hold of yourself and let your emotions overtake you when you see Yuri with her crush.’’



‘’Bingo, bingo and bingo.’’



She stared at me with that lost expression, just like the one she carried when Krystal left home. I wiped with the tissue.



‘’See Jess, you can do this. You are here to help Yuri with Yoona while Taetae and I are going to back you up. If you really feel that you can’t do it anymore at any point of time, tell me and then go somewhere to take a rest. Alright?’’



‘’I supposed this is the only way left now.’’



I watched as she drank a mouthful of water and threw her head backwards to take a short rest. I hope everything will be just fine.



***



Yoona was the dream of all singles and the nightmare of all attached. I figured that it was the best way to describe her beauty. Even I felt my breath got away when she stepped out of the car. 



‘’Hello Unnie, my name is Im Yoona and this is my student photographer Seohyun.’’ She looked at me with her doe-liked eyes, greeting with much sincerity.



‘’I’m Seohyun, thank you for forking out your precious weekend time to help with our photo shoot. I owe you one.’’



‘’Nice to meet you girls, I’m Tiffany Hwang. You’re welcome, Seohyun.’’ Even the photographer possessed the beauty that would kill many lives. Kids nowadays grow so well. I wondered what they feed on. 



A hand slipped into mine and I looked to my side, only to receive a peck on my cheek. 



‘’Yah Taetae! There’s people here!’’ I nudged her in her tummy while my face was covered in a pinkish red. 



‘’Oops, sorry!’’ She stuck her tongue out and grinned like a dork. ‘’Oh hey, it’s you two again!’’



I was somewhat out of the situation. Since when did Taetae get to know Yoona and Seohyun? Did she know from the very start who we were helping?



‘’Oh yes, it’s such a small world indeed. Thank you for the coffee that day, it really helped her asthma.’’ Seohyun bowed slightly.



Obviously I wasn’t the only one that wasn’t exactly aware of what was happening because Yoona, too, had a perplex expression. 



‘’Fany yah, these girls were at my cafe yesterday when Yoona had an asthma attack.’’ She gave me a smile and turned back to Yoona. ‘’Did you enjoy all the cakes?’’



My eyes widened in horror. Were my ears playing tricks on me? All the cakes would most probably be at least twenty different flavours! I stared at her from head to toe. Her body defined perfect. Where did all those food go to...? 



She scratched the side of her head cutely and laughed nervously. ‘’Yes Unnie... The cakes were so good! I would most likely camp in your cafe as long as I’m free.’’



‘’I’m glad that you liked it. Do come, I will give you special discounts.’’



I turned around looking for Yuri, only to see her with Jessie in Taetae’s car. 



***



Nobody’s POV:



‘’Hey Sica... Wake up.’’ Yuri tapped the sleeping girl lightly on her shoulder.



Jessica stirred while she let out a yawn, slowly leaning onto the shoulder beside her. ‘’Fany ah, is Yuri here yet?’’



‘’I’m Yuri you silly.’’ She tucked those falling fringe behind the ear. ‘’Wake up already.’’



Jessica stretched lazily and rubbed her eyes, adapting to the sunlight shining onto her sleepy but yet flawless features. 



‘’Hello Yuri.’’



The tanned girl smiled. ‘’Good morning sleepyhead.’’ 



They both got off the car and Jessica was about to hold onto Yuri’s arm when she saw Tiffany sending eye signals to her, mouthing something that seems like ‘’Yoona’’.



She saw the two tall slim figures, one with camera and one without. Being the smart girl she had always been, she could immediately tell who was who. 



Her heart sank to the bottom as she slowly approached the rest along with her client. As a veteran as she was in the industry, it was common for her to pretend to stick around her clients and their crushes to check on their situations but she had never met them face to face. 



‘’Sica, this is Yoona and this is Seohyun. Girls, this is Jessica.’’ Yuri introduced, making her snapped back to where she was. 



They all bowed and Jessica couldn’t help it but took an extra look at Yoona. Yuri and Yoona were the prettiest client couple she had ever come across. 



‘’I will go around the area to check where we can have our photo shoot at, can Tiffany and Jessica help my models dress up please?’’ Being the efficient photographer as she was, Seohyun wasted no time and started cracking. 



Taeyeon followed along since she had checked out the place earlier on before, while Tiffany suggested that she would help Yoona and Yuri would be assisted by Jessica.



Jessica was rather shocked when her best friend volunteered to help Yoona and gave her the opportunity to be with Yuri.



‘’But Tiff...’’



‘’I’m not doing this as your best friend but as your business partner. I’m going to talk to Yoona while you figure out with your client about what she wants to do, now that you’re here to aid her.’’



Once she finished speaking, she grabbed the bag of white dress and left with Yoona. 



‘’Sica, should we go change too?’’



‘’Yeah sure.’’



The area was rather isolated, leaving them with no choice but to change in Yuri’s car instead of a proper room. One waited outside while the other one tried to fit on the black dress in the small space available. 



‘’Sica, can you give me hand? The dress is kind of big and unfitting.’’



Yuri stepped out of the vehicle, looking stunningly resplendent despite the oversize outfit. Jessica observed every inch of the outstanding body, drowning in the beauty.



‘’Sica? Can you pin my dress for me with these pins?’’



She took over the pins over and fiddled with the extra cloth, pulling it backwards and pressed them against the back. ‘’Is this okay?’’



She spin the girl around to do a check before securing the pins. The waist was so small, but firmed. Those abs appeared indistinctly through the slightly translucent material. 



‘’It’s much better, thanks for coming Sica. If it wasn’t for you, I doubt I would accept Yoona’s offer. 



‘’Why?’’



‘’I’m comfortable around you. I felt that I need you to be here with me.’’



Jessica gave a light beam. She had a mixture of feelings. She wished she met Yuri with a different identity, instead of being someone that had to provide tips on chasing and being the perfect lover. By then she would be able to truly feel the affection. 



‘’Even without me, you would be the perfect lover that everyone wants, Yuri ah.’’



‘’Whatever you say, I’m still thankful that you’re here. Seohyun even said that there would be many body contacts between Yoona and me. I don’t even know how to react.’’



Upon hearing, Jessica accidently pricked her finger with the pin, letting out an almost intangible groan. But for the fact that she was standing so close to Yuri, the alternative heard her and looked down at her slightly bleeding finger. 



‘’Are you okay? Why are you so careless?’’ Yuri grabbed a tissue from her car and wrapped around the finger.



‘’It doesn’t hurt a bit, leave it. Let’s go back and meet them, we are almost running late.’’ Jessica withdrew her hand and walked away. Even she didn’t know how to response to the upcoming events that she would witness, let alone tell Yuri what to do.



***



‘’For the last picture, Yuri, can you lie on Yoona’s laps? Close your eyes and rest. Be natural. Yoona, you lean back and look up at the sky. Got it? Get ready.’’ Seohyun instructed.



The photo shoot was going on pretty smoothly, except the fact that Yuri was wrong. The skinship was more than what she originally expected. From holding hands to hugging, she and Yoona had literally done all the poses together. 



Too engrossed in her work, she failed to notice Jessica’s resentment arising from within. If it wasn’t for Tiffany who had been constantly talking to her, distracting her as much as possible, Jessica would have ran away.



But that was it. Watching someone she loves lying on someone else’s laps was the last straw. There was no way Jessica could do that. 



‘’Tiff, I think I will go pack up. Call me when you guys are done okay?’’



Yuri looked up and approached Jessica before she left.



‘’Are you tired already? It’s the last picture, we’ll get it done fast. Would you please stay? Let me drive you home later.’’ 



The latter brushed off the hand holding onto her arm gently and was about to speak when she got interrupted. 



‘’Jessica!’’



All the eyes turned to the voice coming from behind, and a man was seen jogging to them, waving. 



‘’Jung Soo?’’ The two American girls exclaimed in synchronized with a confused face.



‘’Hey Tiffany! Still so pretty like the last time I seen you huh?’’ 



‘’Don’t sweet talk my girlfriend, Mr.Park.’’ Taeyeon took Tiffany by her hand and nudged her to the back, protectively defending her. 



‘’Taeyeon right? As usual, haven’t grown much I suppose. Jessica, can I have a word with you? In private please.’’



‘’He’s the wilful jerk that tried to hit on Sica ever since forever?’’ Yuri whispered to Tiffany.



‘’Yeah, look at how he’s eyeing Jessie. Everyone could see that he was up to no good. Except for his wealthy background and good grades, there’s practically nothing valuable about him.’’



‘’How did you find me?’’ Jessica asked, taking a step back.



‘’Oh, I asked Krystal. She wanted me to tell you that her friend Sulli is at your house.’’



‘’Is anything wrong?’’ Seohyun came forward after realizing that her models were still not in positions. 



‘’Jessica Unnie’s friend came by to say Hi.’’ Yoona explained. The photographer frowned, knowing that the process was delayed. 



‘’Sica, don’t go.’’ Yuri s her hand around the waist, pulling the girl closer and shot invisible darts at Jung Soo with a pinch of irritation. She had never come across this man but she was sort of against him. From the way he ogled Jessica to everything he says or does, there was just nothing that made Yuri felt good about. 



‘’Who’s this beautiful but nosy girl, Jessica?’’ Jung Soo winked at the fierce looking girl but received nothing in return. 



‘’Yuri! He’s not your friend right? Can you get back here so we can start shooting before it turns dark?’’ Seohyun shouted across impatiently while Yoona was all prepared. 



Yuri gazed into Jessica’s eyes, indirectly begging her to stay. She had no idea why but she just didn’t felt that it was safe for the latter to follow the guy somewhere else. She wanted Jessica to be in her sight, so she could be kept protected. 



‘’Jung Soo, did you drive here? Can you give me a lift back later?’’ Jessica questioned her sister’s tutor without peeling her eyes off the tanned girl’s features. Her heart ached a little when she saw those disappointment rose within those eyes that were looking straight into hers. ‘’Go back to your filming, Yuri.’’



The hand around the body slowly slid off, and Yuri turned back walking towards Yoona in the fastest speed her legs could carry her. As much as Jessica yearned to stay, she couldn’t bear to watch how close the two girls would get any further. 



The smirk on Jung Soo’s face made Taeyeon clutched her fists, but Tiffany was quick enough in realizing and caressed her back tenderly to reclaim her. 



‘’You sure you’re going with him Jessie?’’



‘’I think he just wants to talk and I doubt he would do anything. If he wanted to, he would have done it long ago.’’ Jessica assured, taking one last peep at her client who had already settled comfortably on Yoona’s laps, heading off with Jung Soo. 



The younger girl noticed that something was wrong since the alternative’s eyes were following the receding back view of a particular person and she was unable to control the emotions that were overwhelming her just a little too much. Unconsciously, she brushed her long slender fingers across the face.



‘’Are you okay, Unnie?’’




The tanned girl nearly froze when her face came in contact with Yoona’s hand. She turned to face her, only to find that their faces were so closed up. She could sense that the way Yoona behaved around her contained a different element, something more than how usual friends would have acted but her heart was hardly fluttering anymore. Her mind had long lost focus on her crush or how attractive she was. 



Instead, she was rather pressurized by that kind of loving eyes and affectionate touches, for she thought that they were barely even considered as close friends. Reluctant to speak or explain, she just merely shook her head and rest her arm over her head, letting the sun shine on her.



*** 



‘’So what did you want to talk about?’’ The brown haired girl sat down on a bench provided for hikers, after walking for an unknown amount of time, way further into the remote woods. Jung Soo took a seat beside her, shamelessly wanting to take her hand. She was alert enough to retract her hands back into her jeans pocket and kept an appropriate distance. 



‘’Krystal told me that today would be her last session of tutoring. Was it your idea?’’



‘’I discussed it with Soojungie and she agreed to it.’’



‘’Can I know the reason?’’



‘’Well, Soojungie is capable of working on her own now and she would be graduating in no time so we saw no point in continuing the tuition. I bet it won’t affect your live hood in any ways right? I mean, it’s not like we pay you a lot to teach Soojungie. You could go back to your dad’s company to help out or simply find someone else in no time.’’ 



‘’Okay, fair enough. But you should know how I feel for you right? Can’t you give me a chance? Since we had already opened the topic, I don’t mind being frank right now. I have no interest in teaching anybody. I was only coaching Krystal for the sake of seeing you again Jessica.’’



‘’Look Jung Soo, it’s impossible between us. I have been trying to convey this message to you since the very first time you showed your affections. I’m afraid I can’t commit to this. I’m sorry.’’ Jitters were taking over her as she pretentiously admired the surroundings. 



‘’Don’t tell me sorry! You didn’t even bother trying and you claimed that it was impossible! You were just being unwilling to give me a chance! Why are you being such a foolhardy?!’’ Jung Soo was getting all agitated, grabbing Jessica by her shoulders forcefully. 



She fidgeted uncomfortably, struggling to be freed from those strangulating clutches but her petite size was definitely no match for the well-built man. His holds were rough, hurting her more and more. 



‘’Stop it Jung Soo! Break away from me! You’re hurting me!’’



‘’And so are you, Jessica Jung! Nobody had ever dared to reject me! What makes you think that you are so special, trying to act all innocent and elegant?!’’



‘’I… I have someone else in mind already! Let me go! Now!’’ Her eyes were burning from her warm tears rising, but the grips were getting tighter and the boorish man was acting like a mad man on loose. 



‘’That girl back there?! The nosy one that deterred you from coming with me? What’s so special about her that deserves your love?! Why does she get to snap you away but not me?! There was nothing in my whole life that I couldn’t get you know, Jessica Jung?! Including you, I will not let you become the only exception!’’



Jung Soo’s face was red from anger. All the while he had suffered cold treatment from Jessica. Being the rich, pampered and demanding prince he was all along ever since he was born, he had gotten everything he asked for. Everything was practically at his fingertips. 



Apparently he didn’t feel much affection towards the girl, he was just attempting to prove to himself that he would be able to achieve anything and everything he demanded for. However, again and again he was given the poor man’s answer, driving him to evolve into the desperate monster he was now. 



He pushed the weeping girl onto the bench with all little effect and forced himself on her. Jessica was so small and now that she was hovered over, the more disadvantages she was at. She was engulfed by the dangerous atmosphere and there was no way out. She was in the hold of the irksome guy like a helpless little mouse held back by the pest trap.



‘’Yuri! Help me! Yuri ah!’’



Tears splatted her cheeks while she let out bloodcurdling screams but they were so deep into the woods, there was no help anywhere close in the area, let alone would Yuri possibly find her when she would most probably be having a wonderful time with Yoona. 



She felt so dirty when he kissed her all over, roaming around her tiny body. Silently she prayed and called out to a person to come to her rescue. Her bawling and struggles didn’t prevent the lad to come to a halt, but only intrigued him to resort to more force. 



***



The exhausting photo shoot had finally come to an end, and Seohyun went around bowing to everyone that helped her in accomplishing this project. She couldn’t wait to go back to her studio to have the pictures scanned into her laptop and get it printed.



Tiffany noticed that Yuri had been restless ever since her best friend left, hence deciding to confront the tanned girl. 



‘’Hey, not leaving with Seohyun and Yoona back to the studio to check out the outcome of the photo shoot?’’



Yuri looked up from her phone screen when the silence was broken. 



‘’I’m kind of worn out and I’m not an official model so I guess I would skip. Returning back to Taeyeon’s café?’’



Tiffany nodded. ‘’We are having dinner with Hyoyeon, the one that clinched the deal with you. Care to join?’’



Yuri smiled in gratitude but it seemed like there was something else on her mind. ‘’Emm… Will Sica be going?’’



The latter shrugged her shoulders. ‘’I’m not so sure, I haven’t been able to get through her phone.’’



‘’Why not you guys go ahead first while I go look for Sica? I would need to change first too.’’



‘’Yeah sure. But she would most probably be with Jung Soo at this point of time. I think his car is still parked here.’’



Yuri nodded and waved to the departing girl. She was about to board her car when someone else called out to her again. She turned around to see Yoona running towards her, and she couldn’t help but to inhale a mouthful of cold breath.



‘’What’s up Yoona?’’



‘’I was wondering if you are free tomorrow or the day after tomorrow to meet up somewhere so Seohyun can show you the pictures since you are not coming with us today.’’



‘’Yeah, I guess that would be fine.’’



Yoona paused for a moment and twirled her fingers around her shirt, taking small glances at Yuri from time to time before she braced herself and threw her arms around the girl in front of her.



‘’I just wanted to say that you are pure wonderful today. Thank you so much for coming. I really appreciate your effort and I love working with you. I hope we could have more opportunities like this.’’



Yuri was at a loss when she received the embrace. She never saw that coming. It was kind of heart-warming but yet awkward. She gently pat her junior on the back in a way to return the cuddle. Slowly but unwilling, Yoona let go.



‘’Seohyun is still waiting for me so I better get going. Have a good rest tonight Unnie. See you soon!’’



She half jogged and half brisk walked towards Seohyun’s vehicle, her heart was almost bursting from that little pat she got in return. She beamed like a kid that had just gotten a treat to sweet and she was glad that she didn’t back off last minute, putting the hug to action.



Yuri settled in her car and the engine. She picked up her phone and pressed on speed dial number one. She never had the habit of using the speed dial button but Jessica was the first to make her wants to do that. Always wanting to hear the alternative’s voice faster, wanting to achieve the exact whereabouts of the other made her realized the usefulness of this application. 



The calls were transferred to the mailbox repeatedly, and Yuri’s brows locked. Gripped by fear that something might be wrong, she frantically changed back into her tight fit jeans and top before stepping hard on her accelerator. 



She came to the cross junction of the woods, and she stopped to ponder if she should go deeper inside or start from the area further out. A voice told her to go for the deeper woods, for there was only one car left parked at the entrance of the mountain but there were barely nobody left which made her assumed that it was Jung Soo’s. 



She had continuously dialled the number as she combed the area, but it was all transferred to the mailbox. 



6:02PM
First Voicemail



‘’Hey, have you left?’’



6:15PM
Second Voicemail



‘’Sica, call me when you hear this.’’



6:17PM
Third Voicemail



‘’Sica, where are you?’’



6:20PM
Forth Voicemail



‘’Yah, did something happen to you? Call me immediately as soon as you hear this!’’



6:22PM 
Fifth Voicemail



‘’It’s getting really dark and cold here. Where exactly are you?’’



6:25PM
Sixth Voicemail



‘’Are you playing hide and seek with me? If this is a game, then I quit. I admit to my defeat okay? Just appear…’’



6:29PM
Seventh Voicemail



‘’I can’t take this anymore. Do you have any idea how worried I am for you? Please Sica, call me or text me when you hear this.’’



6:35PM
Eighth Voicemail



‘’Sica, tell me where are you… Would you please come back? My heart is almost stopping, come back to me please. Call me or text me. Just contact me, let me know that you are safe.’’



Yuri let out a loud sigh as she stopped her car and wind down the window for some cold air to calm herself down. Her mind was exploding. Never in her life had she ever felt so lost. She had covered many places as she drove her way up but yet, still no sight of Jessica. 



The phone vibration made her heart jumped and her heart skipped a beat. She hurried flipped her phone opened and pressed it hard against her ear.



‘’Sica is that you?!’’



‘’Sorry to disappoint you but I’m Fany. Looks like you haven’t found Jessie yet?’’



Yuri’s shoulders dropped in defeat. ‘’Oh, Fany. Yeah I haven’t found her. She is not picking up my calls nor replying to my text messages. 



She alighted and walked towards the inner space, hoping to find the girl somewhere. 



‘’Maybe she is sleeping at home already. Come have dinner first. You didn’t even have lunch just now.’’



Right, she totally forgotten the fact that she hadn’t eaten any food that day yet. But she already had a stomach full of anxious and no more extra room for any more food.



‘’I think I want to return home instead. Thanks for asking though. Send my regards to Hyoyeon. Enjoy your meal.’’



She hung up, looking up at the sky. The sun was gone and the moon took shifted. She was about to drop the search when she heard a scream, a scream that sounded familiar. She remained froze in her position and waited. Once again she could hear those deafening screams for help, or in fact, for her.



‘’Yuri! Help me! Yuri ah!’’



It was coming from the upper section if the mountain and it’s soft echo resounded throughout the area. Yuri was certain that Jessica was calling for her, Jessica was in trouble. 



‘’I’m coming Sica! Wait for me!’’