Miracle

What Love Can Make

"What do you mean Chinese?" Suga asked and J-Hope added, "He's right. Melanie told me too."

All their eyes turned to his direction and Ho Seok just shrugged.

"He's Canadian and Chinese."

"Wahh~" the youngest, amazed, said and clapped his hands, "Daebak."

V scoffed.

"What's so great about that?"

Nam Joon smirked and laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Jealous much?"

Taehyung grimaced in disgust.

"Never."

Jimin then sighed, tired of them just talking nonsense at the moment. He just wanted to know more about the situation.

"Enough, geez. What else?"

J-Hope then tapped his chin, thinking deeply before telling them what he and Melanie had talked about. He told them everything without leaving out a single detail.


Ji Ae put the notebook away and laid her guitar beside her. She gently her strings and stared at it. The lyrics repeating in her head and the memory of that day replayed.


"When you're smiling, you look like an angel."

His smile was sweet with his faint dimples visible, and his smiling eyes shining. The sun was making his blonde hair glow and making him look warmer. How perfect he looked underneath the light.


A tear trickle down from the corner of her eye. Shocked, she touched it and stared down at her hand with a terrified look.

"A...Tear..." she whispered and quickly scrambled out of bed. Her heart was pounding and it made her afraid. This wasn't the first time it had happened.


"That's not all of it, is it?" Suga said and rolled his eyes.

J-Hope nodded.

"Aurora wants us to ask Jin for ourselves. It's his family matter and if he can trust us, he'll be open about it. And I agreed with her," he admitted and s looked at him with knowing eyes.

"Aye, Hyung. C'mon," Jimin nudged him and he just ignored them before continuing on with his story.

Ignoring Jimin, he went on.

"Something happened that day when I was alone with her that day," he confessed and V kept his ears open.

"Ji Ae had woken up before I came to get you guys. For a split second and then she was gone. Ah, how do I say this..."

He stopped himself after realizing what he had just said and let out a tired sigh.

"Anyway, she said something but I couldn't hear her. But I'm positive she said your name," he pointed at V and the young boy gave him a confused look.

"My name?"

"After that, she was out. Everything was fine but then her body started shaking then I came and got you guys."

"If she called your name, doesn't that mean something?" the Maknae suddenly asked, thinking why V and what possible reason is there.

Just then Suga clapped his hands together.

"Ah! Remember Henry and Eunjoo-"

Nam Joon suddenly interrupted him. "Oh Hyung, you mean Ji Ae! Ahh, she and Henry were together!" he said and kicked him under the table.

It alerted the others and Jimin laughed, trying to get V's attention. "Yah, shouldn't we call Jin Hyung to check up on them?" he said and J-Hope nodded as he took out his phone.

"I'll call him. I'll be back," he said and excused himself as Jungkook smiled, hoping Taehyung to not ask anything.

And he didn't although he knew they were keeping something from him. As curious and frustrated as he was, V kept it together. He trusted them with it and to tell him when ready.

"I don't care what you guys are hiding but if it's serious, don't keep it from me for too long," he spoke out and eyed the rest them. His serious expression shocked them but understood.

"Sorry, Hyung..." Jungkook frowned, looking down and the others stopped talking, slowly quieting down.

Taehyung smiled and got up, ruffling his hair. "I'm going to bed. It's getting late. I'll see you guys tomorrow?"

"Y-Yeah. Good night," J-Hope said and he nodded before going into his room.

As he laid on his bed, Taehyung let out a sigh and closed his eyes. He wondered what Eunjoo had to do with Henry. Of course, he heard what Suga said. He wasn't an idiot.

"Just what the hell is going on..."


They were all back at school and instead of wanting to be around his friends, he decided to be by himself. He just felt like it would be best to separate himself from them until they were ready to tell him. Yet he can't stop wondering what they were hiding from him.

"Henry and Ji Ae. Jin Hyung...Me..." he whispered, talking to himself and trying to figure out what possible ways were they involved with one another until someone bumped into him.

"Sorry," he bowed, surprised at his own action and was about to walk away when the voice of the person stopped him.

"Taehyung-sshi?"

It was Ji Ae.

He looked up at her and she was smiling at him. V felt all the frustration and anger disappear. It was as if he never was angry and a smile grew on his lips.

"O-Oh, Ji Ae-ah..." he said and she nodded but then kept her distance from him.

"See you around," she bowed and left before he could even say a word to her but at the same time, he didn't know why. They weren't close, nor did they talk to each other.

But it wouldn't hurt to start now right?

Feeling weird and out of place, he turned to the way he had come from and walked out of school. Maybe today wasn't his day.


Eunjoo turned to look at the direction her friends were looking at and saw V. She smirked and told the girls to go to class without her and went after him.

"Oppa.," she called out and he turned around.

She gave him a small smile and he looked at her, surprised to see her. "Eunjoo-ah," he said and she pouted.

"Forgot me already?"

He shook his head.

"No, I'm sorry. It's just I don't think we should talk to each other," he told her with the honest truth and she frowned at him.

"But I love you, Oppa. Can't we work it out?" she asked him and he shook his head.

"I love you-" he stopped to correct himself, "No, I don't think we can. I'm sorry," he said and with a sad look, walked away from her. Once again, his heart grew heavy. He wasn't sure if his feelings for her was true.


The BTS members looked at Jin who can't stop smiling. Throughout this whole day, his lips had been curled upward for the longest now and it was starting to creep them out.

"Hyung, are you okay?"

Jimin asked and Jungkook eyed him weirdly.

"Is it Ji Ae Noona?"

At the Maknae's question, Jin nodded and grabbed his shoulders, shaking him.

"She cried last night!"

Yep, he was definitely going crazy, they all thought and dismissed what he had said. They brushed past him and he scowled at them. They were just a bunch of clueless jerks not too long ago. So instead of telling them the reason why, he just left them to their own thoughts.

"Yah!" he heard Jimin's voice yell from afar and he just waved his hand in the air. Maybe he's just torturing them a little bit longer.

As he walked, he smiled wanting to jump for joy but he didn't. As much as he was happy for her to finally understand what she was feeling, he still didn't like the fact that it was about Him.
For these past three and a half years, she had never really understood her feelings until now. No matter how much and how long he tried to get her to, it just never hit her until yesterday. All these years and finally. It was a miracle.


The very first time was a year later, after the death of Him. Ji Ae was back home from being hospitalized for being violent. Not just herself but people around her as well. As if the whole incident wasn't bad and traumatic enough for her, apparently it drove her into depression as well and it hasn't been the same since.

It had been a week already since he brought her in. She had been acting out and having trouble controlling herself. Sudden outbursts and tantrums. Worried and afraid for her wellbeing, he took her in and now he was in the Doctor's office about to find out the answers to his questions.

"We've done some testing and it seems like she has an illness where she can't differ her feelings or understand them. But don't worry, we've found this in people who have gone through pretty much what she's been through. If you show her and explain, or writing down her feelings it will help her. I also suggest group therapy or just therapy alone."

The Doctor gave Jin a reassuring look and squeezed his shoulders, comforting him.

"She will get better," he smiled at Jin and the poor boy just stood there, shocked and unable to speak. Not after what he had just heard.

After processing the information, he looked up at the older man in front of him and said, "Wh-What do you mean not able to differ her feelings? What kind of illness is that?"

Maybe it wasn't all the way processed as he thought. 

His voice was louder than usual and the Doctor's lips formed a thin line. "She has Alexithymia. To help her, you need to take her to therapy or keep a jour-"

Before the man could finish, Jin pushed him by the shoulders. His face was red and confusion and anger eating him up.

"Yah, who the hell are you to tell me what she has, huh? What in the world are you talking about? Alexithymia? Are you kidding me!"

"Mister Kim, I know how upset you are, but this is the diagnosis we got from all the test results we've done. As I said, if you-"

Jin grabbed him by the collar and got in his face. "I don't care what she has, do something about it and help her! How is she going to live a normal life if she's sick? You're a doctor, do something!" he nearly screamed and the Doctor pushed him off of him.

"I understand your anger, but it is best of you to carry on the given treatments we've mentioned. That is your best bet right now," was all the Doctor said before excusing himself and Jin slowly followed behind with the sheets of papers provided from the Doctor.
He sat down on one of the chairs in the hallway and replayed what the Doctor had told him over and over in his head.

Angry and unsettled, he threw the papers on the floor and they scattered around him. The tears sting his eyes and he let them fall. He covered his face with his big hands and exhaled loudly.

"Oh, Ji Ae...What do I do now?"


At the memory of it, he smiled bitterly.

"Oh, Ji Ae..."


"O-Oppa!" he heard her loud voice from the hallway and the next thing he knew, she had already invited herself into his room. More like burst in while he was changing.

He looked at her, surprised and flustered.

"Y-Yah! You can't just bust in like that!" he scolded her and she nodded, going to him.

"Look," she told him, showing him her tear-stained face and hands. She smiled slightly at him as she did.

He gave her a happy look.

"Ji Ae, you're-"

"I'm crying! I'm crying!" she said in her crying voice and he laughed at her, almost crying himself.

"Are you happy crying or sad crying? I can't tell," he said and she nodded her head, "I don't know. I just can't stop crying. Why am I crying?"

He felt his heart soft and held her close to him. The memory from earlier came to him and he hushed her by patting her back.

"You're sad. And when you're sad, you cry. Don't worry, Ji Ae. You're almost there," he squeezed her and she did nothing but stay in his warm embrace.


"We'll get there, I promise."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. I've been organizing my thoughts and story and didn't realize it was going to take me this long for this chapter. But taking time is great and so here you guys go! I actually like this chapter. I'm proud of myself haha. Anyway, look forward to a new chapter soon. (:

Also, now you guys know what kind of illness Ji Ae has. What do you think is going to happen next?

Drama time, of course!