The Black book

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Annyeong Haseyo Tiffany-ssi,” her fiancé’s secretary greeted her once she entered his office.  She was already used to her—always visiting Siwon at the hospital.

 

“Is Siwon there?”  She pointed at the door inside the room.

 

She apologetically shook her head.  “Dr. Choi is currently with the other doctors in the emergency room, Miss Hwang.  He volunteered to help them since there are many casualties from the accident this morning.”

 

Tiffany felt a little disappointed but she can’t do anything about his work.  Siwon is compassionate and really committed to his job.  And being his partner in life, she should understand him.

 

“Ah—then I’ll just wait for him in Jessica’s office.”

 

Since she’s already in SNU Hospital, she might as well just visit her best friend.

 

“Miss Hwang, I’m sorry that Dr. Choi had to cancel you date tonight.”

 

“It’s alright.”  She flashed and eye smile.  “So, I better get going,” she bid farewell to her and walked to her friend’s room.

 

---

 

And most of all, you are my priority…

 

Those lines flashed in Jessica’s mind repeatedly.  It haunted her and made her restless.

 

Will she believe him?  Donghae has become very vocal of his feelings lately.  Just a little more and surely, he’ll get her heart back.  But hey—he actually has it.  He took it from her when he went away—

 

“!” she blurted out in horror.  She even shook her head to forget what she’s thinking of.  Yet Donghae’s images creeps into her mind every moment.  As this happens, her heartbeat becomes abnormal.

 

“Ouch—!” she hissed when a thick book fell on her foot.  Look at her—her mind isn’t even working properly now because of him.  She was in front of her bookshelf searching for a book when this book—urgh!

 

Her senses were reeling.  “Wake up, Jessica!”  She slapped her cheeks thrice as she bent down to pick up the book.  As much as she wanted to forget him, here’s another thing that reminds her about Donghae.

 

“I thought I already kept you somewhere else.  Why are you still here?” she spoke to it as if it was alive.

 

However, she doesn’t know why she still has it too.  If someone asks her what it is about, she could tell the ‘whole’ content with the page numbers, etc.  And it’s not even related to medical sciences…ironically.  She loved reading it though she hated the person who gave it to her.

 

“Jessie!”

 

She almost jumped on her spot when someone poked her at her back.  She was seriously shocked to see Tiffany standing next to her.

 

“Aren’t we a bit jumpy these days?” she commented with knotted brows.

 

“Tiff—you surprised me!”

 

“I could see that,” she looked at her with suspicion and noticed the book she was holding.  “What’s that?”

 

“Uhm—t-this?  It’s a reference material.  I’m writing a quiz for my students.” 

 

She put it on her chest and guarded it with her arms.  It’s better to be careful now than never.  Tiffany might grab it from her and know what it really is. 

 

“I didn’t hear you knock.”

 

“You were very busy with ‘that’.”  There was a hint of sarcasm on her voice.  She knew Jessica was lying.  The hardbound-book had glossy star designs on it.  She’ll make an exam from that Astronomy book?  Did she change the subject matter she teaches?  Or she was hiding something from her?  “Are you—?”

 

“Why are you here?”  Jessica was swift to divert their topic to another one.  “All dolled up?” she added, saving herself from confrontation when Tiffany’s expression suddenly changed.  Her face became gloomy.  “Wait—let me guess—you prepared for your dinner date but Siwon is still at the ER?”

 

She watched Tiffany as she tried to nod.  What is she doing as her best friend?  She must console her and not mock her.

 

“Oh—sorry.  I didn’t mean it.”

 

“It’s okay.”

 

But she stared at her intently—trying to read her emotions.  “Is he helping you on your wedding preparations?”  That idea came out of her in the spur of the moment.

 

“He does.”  She heaved a deep sigh.  “Are you game for shopping tonight?  I want to go out and get some fresh air.”

 

“What do you really want, go shopping or go to the Han River?”

 

Tiffany needs her.  She had always been by her side.  It’s about time she repay what she owed to her.  She’ll accompany her wherever she wanted to be.

 

“Uh—COEX is still open at this hour?”  Her voice echoed a hint of uncertainty, yet Jessica agreed to go with her.  After packing her things, they went out and continued their conversation while walking to the lift.  “The monkey-faced playboy isn’t bothering you anymore?”  She didn’t hide her disgust which made the latter grimace.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter