Call it off 1

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Go change your clothes.  We're going somewhere today,” Hyesun said before Donghae could sit on the dining table.

 

“To where?” he asked nonchalantly.

 

“We're going to meet someone important.”

 

Yejin choked at what she heard.  Is her mom referring to 'Sooyeon'?  Isn't it too soon for him to meet her and know he'll be engaged too?  He sure listens to their mom—always; but will he this time?  Now that it concerns his love life.

 

“Arasso,” he replied obediently.

 

As they were eating, Hyesun asked, “Do you have a girlfriend, Donghae-ah?”

 

He instantly raised her brows.  The spoonful of rice he was about to eat was left in midair.  Waeyo?  “None, mom.”

 

“Good.”  She nodded in satisfaction.  “Do you love someone at the moment?”

 

What's with the sudden question?  “Why are you asking, mom?”  I'm sensing she's up to something.  He glanced at Yejin with an inquisitive look but she only shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Ah—nevermind.  Forget what I said,” she changed her mind.  “Jigeumeun...”  Why does he felt like he'd receive judgment today?  Cold sweats began to form on his nape.  “Right now, all I want to ask from you, son, is to meet my best friend's daughter and marry her,” she said without blinking.

 

“Mommy?”  Yejin tried to stop her.  “He can't.”

 

“And why?  He already said he's single.”

 

Andwae.  Don't do this mom.  She knew how he feels.  “He just can't—”

 

“You're saying that I'm arranged to some stranger,” he interrupted.

 

“She's not a stranger, dear.  She’s already a family and you already met her.”

 

When?  And I don’t recall myself being arranged to a girl.

 

He's not stupid to not understand what his mom wanted him to do.  He always heeded to her orders before.  Will it be alright to follow her now?  But why does he have to suffer the same punishment Hyukjae received from Haejin?

 

“I can't oppose too—right mom?  Like what happened to Hyukjae?”

 

“Exactly!”  She said firmly but her face softened afterwards.  “You'll understand why I'm doing this.  It's for your own good, Hae-ah.  Sooyeon will be good for you.”

 

So she is Sooyeon?  Will she be able to replace Jessica in his heart?  “I don't know Mom...”

 

“That's why you need to come with me.  There's a big chance that we'll find Sooyeon there.  I hope I can recognize her.”

 

What?  Urgh.  He's really going to marry a stranger.

 

---

 

“Noona, do you know Sooyeon?”

 

Donghae followed Yejin after the meal.  He was absolutely anxious of being tied down to a marriage where he doesn't know who the girl is.  At least in Hyukjae's case, he knew Jessica.  Urgh—Jessica?   If his engagement will push through—that only means it is goodbye first love for him.  But in the first place, he didn't really have a chance on her when he came back.  Hyukjae will later own her and this Sooyeon will too—if he meets her.

 

“Hae-ah?”  Yejin tapped his face to get him back to his senses.  He was zoning out.  “Here.”  She gave him the photo album he found at their study room before.  He raised his brows while scanning it and reached the picture.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter