Anguish

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“The reason why Jessica became distant and cold is...Donghae.”

 

Hyukjae was like shot in his place upon hearing his cousin's name—the one who changed Jessica—the reason why she could never love him.  He felt like a rocket just crashed on him.  He couldn't believe it.  His speculations were right from the start.  But believing it was hard and tormenting him.

 

“N-nugu?” he couldn't accept that it was Donghae.

 

“It's Lee Donghae,” Siwon answered.

 

His eyes widened as he unwittingly clenched his fist.  “Why D-donghae?”  Anger churned inside him.  How could his cousin do this to him?  It was always him who gets attention—always first.

 

“H-hyukjae-ssi, do you still want to continue—”

 

“Yes—yes—please go on.”

 

She heaved a deep sigh first.  “Jessie really loved him—so much… that she was able to melt Donghae's cold heart.  He learnt how to smile and laugh because of her...”

 

She paused to examine his reaction.  He was intently listening to her.  “One time, we went to Busan.  That was when Jessie finally succeeded in bringing out the sweet Donghae.  We really thought they were already an item because they were inseparable.  We always caught them lovingly staring at each other.”

 

He gnashed his teeth.  He was jealous and his heart was aching.  Hold back your emotions, Hyukjae...

 

“But after our vacation in Busan, everything went wrong in Jessica's life.  She found out that Donghae's transferring to Harvard.  All her hopes for their relationship vanished... Her efforts were wasted.”  She can't help herself from pitying her best friend.  Her eyes became misty.  “Donghae rejected her love for him and left her sobbing piteously.  That's all I know.  She and Heechul-oppa hid the complete story from us...”

 

No words came from him as everything she said slowly sank in his mind.  Wae—I can't believe it...

 

“H-he can't do it...D-donghae is my cousin.”  He smacked the table out of frustration causing Tiffany to gasp and Siwon to cover his mouth because of his revelation.

 

---

 

SNU Hospital

 

Keurae?  Donghae’s image flashed in Jessica’s mind ‘again’.  If that’s what you want…

 

His look when he said that continued to replay in her head and it didn’t stop hunting her these past days.  His eyes were pleading her to forgive and listen to him; and her stupid heart almost gave in to it.  Luckily, she was still in control of her sanity at that time.  However, she became restless because of it.

 

The only woman I ever wanted…

 

“S-stop!” she took off her surgical-mask and got support by resting her body on the sink of the laboratory—as she held her head. 

 

…is the very same woman I could never ever have.

 

“I don’t want to think about it anymore,” she said weakly.

 

“Miss Jung?” her co-Med-Tech called.  “Are you alright?  You look pale.”

 

“Get some fresh air outside, Ma’am,” one of her assistants told her.  “We can handle everything here.  Don’t worry.”

 

Upon hearing concern from their voices, she suddenly realized how tired she was.  I guess I really need to rest.  She lazily walked out of the laboratory and towards the lift.  Fresh air—I need to unwind a bit.  She decided to go to the rooftop—where she still needed to pass through the office of the director.

 

She grimaced at her thought that she might really see him.  And unfortunately, he was there—standing at the door—in front of a woman.  He was smiling to her and they looked very intimate to each other.

 

Her breath hitched when the woman crossed the little space between them.  She was dumbstruck to witness how that woman claimed Donghae’s lips in front of her—and he seemed to enjoy it.

 

No, Donghae!  Her heart shouted.  It was beating abnormally again.

 

Jessica, you shouldn’t be jealous of that woman.  Leave this place before he sees you.  Hurry—

 

She felt the wind that swooshed from behind her.  Someone just passed through her.  Then everything happened so fast.  The next thing she saw, Donghae was already lying on the floor holding his bruised jaw, and she recognized the concerned Victoria.  She felt a twinge in her heart and became jealous.

 

She shouldn’t have kissed her, she mentally protested.

 

“Are you really that evil to make out just in front of the woman you’ve hurt?”

 

A few meters away from Donghae and Victoria was Hyukjae who was flaring with anger.  If looks could kill then Donghae might’ve been drenched in his blood by how Hyukjae glared at him.

 

“H-hyukjae, what are you doing here?” Donghae asked nervously.  He doesn’t know why his cousin hit him suddenly.  He was unaware of the reason why he is angry at him.  “And why did you hit me?”

 

“What am I doing here?” he looked sarcastic because of his tone and lopsided smile.  “The question is what you are doing with that woman.  I couldn’t believe you are into PDA, Donghae.”

 

Right after Tiffany and Siwon narrated Donghae and Jessica’s past, Hyukjae quickly went to the hospital to confront Donghae.  He wanted to hear it from him.  He wanted to believe it more if the truth comes from him.  But when he saw Jessica who was perplexed watching the two kiss, wrath stirred inside him.  It was uncontrollable that he punched him.

 

“Donghae, does it hurt?” Victoria butted in and caressed his face to ignore Hyukjae.  “We need to cure it, come on—”

 

She was cut off by Hyukjae’s mocking laugh.  Minutes later, she found him tugging Donghae’s collar.

 

“H-hey!”

 

“Are you really using your mind, Donghae?” he shouted at him.  “You are so insensitive—”

 

“Guys, stop it!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter