His Excuse

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Her eyes widened and she was perplexed on her place as she saw Lee Donghae – the person she least wanted to meet.  The others started to bow to greet him but she couldn’t move.  She just stood there feeling her fast heartbeat…

 

Donghae, who searched for Jessica on the crowd, finally found her.  She stood out because she was the only one who wasn’t bowing.  He met her unreadable gaze but staring-back at her made him uneasy.  He felt shivers run through his nerves.

 

Her stare at him became icy even if she was just looking at him blankly.  At that instant, the conference room turned into North Pole.  And it was seriously torturing him.

 

Suddenly, Siwon approached her.  If he didn’t interrupt their exchanging of glances, the coldness of the atmosphere could have reached the freezing point.

 

“Jessica, why aren’t you greeting our director,” he whispered to her.  He took few steps backwards when she looked at him with her deadly stares.

 

Why would I?  “Who is he for me to respect him?”  She fixed her things and started to walk out when he grabbed her arm.  They were obviously making a scene on the room.  “Let.Go.Dr.Choi,” she told him with a threatening tone.

 

Little they did know that Donghae already moved towards them.  “What’s the problem here?”

 

“Let me go, Siwon!” and he released her hand.  Donghae grabbed it this time but she quickly shrugged off his hand.  “Don’t touch me!”

 

Donghae was shocked when she acted like he’s a stranger to her.  His heart was broken into pieces because of this.

 

“It’s just a waste of time to be here.  Why would I stay when there’s nothing special here in the first place?” she said frankly.  “I don’t give a damn if you fire me right away.  I don’t care—I just don’t want to see you!” she shouted on his face then walked out.

 

That was totally embarrassing and painful.  If he could only dig his hole, he could’ve hidden there already because what just happened to him was shameful.

 

“I’m sorry, Hae,” Siwon comforted him.  “I tried my best—”

 

“It’s alright.  She deserved to do it…” his voice trailed off.  I deserve it.  I hurt her first and this is just the consequence of what I did…

 

---

 

Jessica fastened her pace towards the exit.  Her heart was beating as fast as how she’s walking.  She and Donghae’s unexpected meeting shook her system.  It brought back all the memories he gave her.  Their past was too painful to bear – no they didn’t have a past, it’s just hers because they were never together.

 

Why do you have to comeback Lee Donghae?

 

She felt a hot liquid slid down her face.

 

Tears?  He isn’t worth crying for, Jessica.  Get back to your senses.  Her mind told her.  She brushed her tears and decided to go buy soda on the nearest vending machine.

 

Chill, Jessica.  Stop weeping over a guy like him.

 

But still she couldn’t control her heart that became numb when she saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter