When fate plays its game 4

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Ehermm.”

 

Donghae and Jessica automatically parted when they saw Yejin on the hallway with crossed arms.

 

“Even if she’s in your territory, you shouldn’t take advantage of her, Donghae-ah.”  This caused both of them to blush.  “Let’s go back to your room, Jessica.”

 

“Noona?” he whined when Yejin pulled her away from him.  Why do you have to interrupt us?  He looked at her with pleading eyes but his sister just ignored him.

 

“Y-Yejin-unnie, you and Donghae—”

 

“He's my brother,” she cut him off.  Jessica only knew her as the owner of the university.  She would always talk to her at school yet she was unaware that she has a brother. “You need to change that shirt.  And if you still didn’t know—that guy brought you home.  You were too wasted and were sleeping so I changed your clothes.  Don’t worry—he slept on the guest room,” she explained it all at once.

 

“I see…”

 

---

 

Days later, Jessica and Donghae returned to their usual selves.  They treated each other civilly but she smiles back to him now when he greets her.  Thus, their co-workers began to doubt their actions.  Sometimes, he would even walk her to the laboratory and so on.

 

“I'll carry your bag.”  Donghae took it from her even if she refused.

 

“It doesn't look good on you,” she said bluntly while glaring.

 

“But it won't make me ugly though.  I'm still handsome, right?”

 

What's he saying?  She couldn't remember anything from that night.  “Talk to yourself,” she raised her brows and scoffed.  “Such a narcissist...” she mumbled but it reached his ears—making him smile until they reached their destination.

 

Donghae walked closer to her but she stopped him.  “What are you doing?”

 

“Was tryin' to kiss—Aww!” he groaned in pain when Jessica kicked his shin and left.  Nice way of thanking me.  “You are welcome, Sica.”

 

---

 

“Hyukjae, get ready.  You'll meet your fiancee tomorrow,” Haejin told Hyukjae.

 

His eyes popped when he heard it.  Mwoya!  I didn't expect it to be this soon.  He was frustrated that today was his last day of bachelorhood.

 

“Do I really need to meet her?  Can I just find my wife myself?”

 

He still hoped that he had a chance on Jessica.  It's only her that he wants.

 

“Of course.  I can't cancel my deal with my friend,” she said in a final tone.  “Don’t ruin my party if you ever try to escape.”

 

That left Hyukjae dazed and doomed.  He could only breathe out a sigh of defeat because of it.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica found Heechul waiting for her at the hospital lobby.  And it was surreal to see him here.  “Oppa, what are you doing here?”

 

“I’m fetching you—”

 

“Really?” she raised her brows at him.  “Are you sick or something, oppa?  Dad will come here later, y’know.”

 

“He won’t.  He said he was busy with something and told me to help you find a dress for the party tomorrow.”

 

Party?  It rang a bell in her mind.  Is it the gathering where they’ll announce the engagement?  “But—”

 

“Don’t be stubborn, Sica.  Kaja!”

 

Like always, he was hyper when it comes to shopping dresses for her.  However, he didn’t know that she’ll be officially engaged tomorrow.  How could Jessica forget it?  It was lost in her mind because of what happened to Donghae and her last time. 

 

Yah!  She scolded herself mentally.  Will you just focus on the event tomorrow?  It will turn your life upside down and you’re not even giving a thought about it.

 

---

 

The next day

 

Jessica looked at her reflection in the mirror.  She wore a light make up and her long hair cascaded down to her shoulders.   She was dressed in a pink-knee-length gown, matched with silver stiletto heels.  Thus, she was utterly fine outside, but inside her, her emotions were in a mess.  She was anxious and frustrated at the same time.

 

“Sica, Heechul made sure you’ll be beautiful tonight; so, no need to check the mirror,” Dr. Jung said when he opened the car door for her.

 

She blankly stared at her dad.  There’s no turning back—I need to do this for Mom and Dad, she said to calm herself as they entered the venue.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter