말하지마 (Malhajima)

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Funny how fate works… The only woman I ever wanted is the very same woman I could never ever have...

 

 

“This is my fiancé, Lee Hyukjae.” Jessica introduced him to them. “Hyukjae, she is Tiffany—my best friend and Kim Heechul—my cousin.”

 

They stared at him with wide eyes. Heechul squinted, “What did you say? You are—”

 

“You are engaged to this—” Tiffany remembered him asking for her name at a coffee shop before. “This notorious playboy? Are you freakin’ kidding me, Jessie?”

 

“Why did you accept the agreement?” her cousin said again. “Escaping from a problem will not solve it, Sica. Are you that desperate to forget Dong—” Before he blabbers more, Jessica and Tiffany rushed to him and covered his mouth.

 

“What Heechul-oppa is saying is that—that Jessica doesn’t have a first-hand experience about love—so there,” Tiffany faked a laugh to the lie she made. “Yeah—that’s it, isn’t it, Oppa?”

 

Jessica elbowed Heechul causing him to respond.

 

“Y-yes, that’s what I meant.” He gave her sideward glance. “Anyway, welcome to the family, Hyukjae-ssi. Please take care of our princess.”

 

Hyukjae, meanwhile, couldn’t keep himself from suspecting their actions. They seemed to be hiding something from him—specifically Tiffany. She said that Jessica hadn’t experienced how to love but she said it herself that she already had one. And Heechul almost spilled something about that guy.

 

Who is he? I wanna know…

 

---

 

“Finally,” Jessica wiped her forehead after finishing her task today. She compiled all the unnecessary objects in the laboratory. The place has centralized air-conditioning but she was still sweating. “Now, I'm off to the stock room.”

 

She lifted the box that almost blocked her view on the road. It was hard for her to walk for she can't see her way. “Why didn't I ask for help—”

 

The box was suddenly taken away from her hands. She looked at the person who gave her a hand.

 

“Where to?” Donghae asked her. He was wearing his white coat and it was awkward to see him carrying that box.

 

Jessica knew he hates to be embarrassed so she said, “Dr. Lee, you don't have to do this. I can manage—” she said formally while getting it from him. But he avoided her hands and started to walk to the lift. “Do you mind?” Irritation echoed in her voice as she followed him.

 

“Of course, I mind... Because I wanna help you,” he said honestly. “Now can you please press the 2nd floor button? So we could be there fast.”

 

And Jessica listened to him. Until they reached the said floor, no one talked. Silence reigned between them. As they were walking to the stock room, some of the employees were eyeing them suspiciously. It was indeed strange to see the director of the hospital carry the box for her. It should be the utilities’ work.

 

However when she looked at him, he was poker-faced and doesn’t seem to be embarrassed. She was more humiliated than him.

 

“Where will I place this?”

 

She pointed the top part of the shelves which is the dustiest part of the room. He climbed at the ladder and carefully put the box there. The dusts scattered in the air as soon as the box landed on the surface. Donghae coughed as he went down, causing Jessica to panic.

 

“Dr. Lee?” she approached him not knowing what to do, but she just stared at him and he looked back. Surprisingly, her heart started to beat fast. As if in cue, time slowed down for them. He held her gaze for minutes until she saw the dusts on his hair.

 

Unknowingly, her hands tried to reach for his hair. She gently brushed off the dusts and felt how soft his hair was. She gulped—why does she felt like she already did that before?

 

“Oops! Sorry,” she said weakly when she realized what she just did. She hid her hand behind her and looked down.

 

“Look at me, Sica.”

 

Suddenly, she felt his hands carefully lift her chin but she refused to look up. “I don't want to,” she said as she mentally closed all the doors to her heart. Surprisingly, he still had the same effect on her. She's not yet immune with his charms. Sparks fly when she's with him.

 

Get a grip of yourself, Jessica! “Hyukjae might see us, D-donghae-ssi.” She gathered her courage and faced him. “I'm going to be your cousin's—”

 

What she was about to say was caught in the air when he touched her cheek and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter