Grade-conscious

Forever & Always {AWESOMELY COMPLETED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Dad, I really need to attend that musical.  It’s a requirement in our Humanities.”

 

Jessica followed her father as they were walking to the school cafeteria.  She kept on convincing him but Dr. Jung doesn’t want her to go.  His daughter was important to her; so it’s better for her not to go than to go there alone.  He couldn’t accompany her because of his work.

 

“I don’t want to fail that course.  Would you want me to have an incomplete grade?”  She used her aegyo on him.  She knew her father couldn’t resist it.  Her puppy look indeed worked on him because Dr. Jung heaved a heavy sigh.

 

“Is it really necessary?”  She readily nodded hoping that her dad would finally agree.  “No.  I knew you’ll only fall asleep there.  So better not go.”

 

Her jaws dropped.  It’s just a simple ‘Yes’ but why can’t she hear it from her dad.  She marched away from him out of disappointment.  She surrendered convincing him.  What am I going to do now?  I don’t want to fail.

 

Nowadays, Dr. Jung was becoming strict over her.  Jessica even thought that he was overprotective since she was used to being spoiled by him.  She grew up as an only child so she gets everything she demands.  But when she entered the university, his attitude turned 180 degrees.  He’s not letting her out of their house unless she’s with him or someone he could trust.

 

I don’t want to fail.  I don’t want to fail.

 

Until she reached the soccer grounds, she was still worrying about her grade.  She just walked to where her feet brought her.  Suddenly, the players unintentionally hit her head with the soccer ball.  She lost her balance and fell on the ground, feeling dizzy.

 

“Ouch,” she muttered as she held her temple which was hit.  She felt a thick fluid on it and realized that she was bleeding.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

She looked up upon hearing the soothing voice.  She can only see his silhouette because of the sun but she recognized his voice.  She was feeling lightheaded at the moment but she managed to put on a smile before fainting onto the ground, for she knew it was him.

 

---

 

The scent of the antiseptics woke Jessica and as she opened her eyes, the white walls of the hospital room welcomed her.  She blinked to adjust her vision since she can only see blurred faces in front of her.  As she did it, she felt a light sting on her head.  “Aww—”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter