~27~

We Never Know~*

 

 

A weeks later, Himchan was cleaning his bedroom after Yongguk went to his cafe for a work. He was bored, so he decided to clean the room even Yongguk already told him not to overworking himself. The maid trying to help him but he insist it. He told them that he was fine. Mr. Bang also not at home at that time cause he's working on his company too.

 

As Himchan cleaning the drower, he found a brown envelope in it. "Eh, what is this?" he keep looking on it just to see it's belong to Yongguk. "To: MyGukkie, From: Your...lover?" Himchan widened his eyes after he read it. "Hi-His lover? Is it from Hyosung?" Himchan frowned as he try to think about it. "Should i open it? Well, i'm Yongguk's wife so his thing is mine too. It's already open, so Yongguk already read it." he slowly take out the letter inside the envelope and read it. His eyes widened as he read the letter.

 

Dear my love,

Gukkie, i need to tell you something. I don't know how to say this but i need to tell you, cause you have the right to know about it. I'm...i'm pregnant with your child. I don't know what to do, so i need you to met me at the park that we used to hanging out together. You know, we have to discuss about this cause my dad already found out about it. He's forcing me for abortion but i don't want it. I rather die than kill our unborn child. So, met me at the park, okey? If you're not coming, then you're not going to see me anymore. I'm so depressed right now. I need you...please...but if you're not coming, than i guess you don't want this baby or me. So, goodbye my love...

From your lover,

Hwang Minhyun

 

Himchan accidently dropped the letter. He was so schocked about it. "He-he has a lover that pregnant with his child but he didn't tell me? He's cheating on me?" he began to cry. He felt betrayed by his own husband. He's confused right now. Then he saw something on the floor behind the letter. He bent down and took it. "A sonogram...their baby..." Himchan frustrated. He burst into tears. "Why Gukkie? Why are you doing this to me? You said that you love me, but this..." He walked slowly to his bed and collapsed on it.

 

*****

 

Hwang Residence...

 

"You've lost your oppurtunity to get revenge. Don't you feel guilty towards your late dongsaeng? What kind of brother are you, huh?" said Mr. Hwang frustrated.

 

"Dad, i think we should forget about it. It's not his fault for causing Minhyun's death. You know it, don't you?" Chansung said.

 

"What are you talking, Chansung? Are you losing your mind?! He's the one that caused Minhyun to kill himself. If he came at the right time, your dongsaeng might be safe at the time. Don't be a fool!" Mr. Hwang said firmly.

 

"It's not Yongguk's fault dad. Actually it's your fault. If you're not forcing Hyunnie to get abortion, he won't killed himself. He already told you that he rather die than kill his baby but you still forcing him. That give him no choice unless to kill himself. Be rasional, dad. It's your fault, so stop accused Yongguk for that." Chansung try to make his dad understand the situation.

 

"But it still his fault!"

 

"Stop it, dad! I don't wanna hear anything about it anymore! I keep following you all this time, but now, i'm quit! Stop blaming on other people for your own fault, dad. Let them live happily."

 

"Why so sudden my son? Are you in love with Yongguk's wife? Is that so?"

 

"What are you talking about, dad?"

 

"I'm not a fool, my son. You love Himchan, so that's the reason you want him to be happy. But, if you kill his husband, you can have him for your own."

 

"Loving someone, doesn't mean that we can have the one that we love. As long as they happy, then we should be happy too. I admit that i love him, so that's why i'll let him be happy with someone that he loved."

 

"Really? You think so? But i don't think so."

 

"Stop it, dad! Do you think Hyunnie would be glad if he see you like this? He already wrote a letter that we shouldn't blame on Yongguk for his dead. It's his choice. He must be sad up there. If you really love Hyunnie, then you should forget about the revenge. Get it?!" Chansung stormed out the house, leaving his dad with confusion.

 

"Should i?"

 

*****

 

That night, Yongguk was surprised to see the letter is on the floor. He took it. "How can this letter be here? I hope it's not Channie that found it." Yongguk muttered but clear enough for Himchan to hear that. Himchan already awake when he heard someone's entering the room.

 

"So, what if i'm the one that found it? Can you explained?" Himchan back to sit position on their bed. He looked on Yongguk and waiting for the answer.

 

Yongguk startled. He looked at his wife and speechless. "C-Channie...h-how did you found this? Have you read it?"

 

"In your drower, and i already read it." Himchan simply answered it. He try to hold the anger, the jealousy that build inside him. He need to trust his husband, the one that he love. So, he try to keep a calm. But his eyes betrayed him as the tears start to appeared. He quickly wiped away the tears, but still, he can't controlled it.

 

"Channie, please don't cry..." Yongguk take a seat beside his wife and pulled him into a hug. "It's not what you think, honey. I'm not cheating on you cause it's the past. Please, don't cry..."

 

"I try, but...i can't hold it back, Guk ah...I..." Himchan suddenly burst into tears. He replied the hug, tightly. "Don't leave me...i need you..."

 

"Honey..." Yongguk gently Himchan's back to calm him down.

 

After a few minutes, Himchan finally stop crying. Yongguk kissed his forehead and looked at him. "You want me explain about it now?"

 

"It's okey, Guk ah...you already told me that it's the past, so we should dropped the issue. I believe in you like you believe in me. I'm just hoping that he's not going to ruined our marriage." Himchan lay his head on Yongguk's shoulder.

 

"He's not going to come between us, cause he already dead."

 

"What?!" Himchan almost shout as he looked at Yongguk.

 

"I'm too late, Channie. I received the letter after he already killed himself."

 

"Oh no...i'm sorry, Guk ah...you must be love him, do you?"

 

"Actually, it's only one side love. He loves me, but i'm not. I'm just assumed him as my best friend."

 

"Best friend? But why did you sleep with him if you're just assumed him as a friend? Are you kidding me?"

 

"It was an accident, Channie ah. He know that i'm not good in drinking, but he still forcing me to drink at his birthday party a year ago. So, we accidently making love that night. And after 2 months later, i received this letter. But it's too late when he already commit suicide by drinking a poison in his bedroom. I..." a tears appeared on Yongguk's eyes.

 

"I'm sorry to hear that, Guk ah..." Himchan wiped the tears on Yongguk's cheek. "And i'm sorry for brought this topic. But, why did you keep this letter? It's not that i'm being jealous, but still i'm jealous...a little. But the thing is...why?"

 

"Well, i..."

 

"You love him, do you?"

 

"What? No! I'm just..."

 

"You hesitated Guk ah...never mind. You don't have to tell me. After all, he's already dead, so i don't mind it." Himchan stood up from the bed and went out the room.

 

Yongguk just watched his wife going out the room and let a heavy sighed. "I'm sorry Channie..."