Truth

I Heard You're A Player, So Let's Play A Game

“Dear Jiyong,

By the time you read this, I am probably dead. I know that Mr K is dying. I have known it for quite some time actually. As per tradition, I will have to die too. Something about the right hand man bringing the boss’s secret to his grave. But there is something that you have to know.

I don’t hate you. I never hated you.

In the beginning, you were the brother I always wanted to have. But maybe I was greedy because I wanted to be loved by your father and Dara as well. So I got jealous, and maybe it was my jealousy that brought about such a huge mess…

Your father made me a killer.

My first assignment was to kill Dara and her parents when she was 12.

Your father realized that I had fallen in love with her, and he wanted a cruel and unfeeling right hand man, so he made me kill her. I couldn’t do it. So I crashed my car into her parents’ car such that only Dara would survive. I had intended to hide her, but I was too late. Mr K had her shipped off to her aunt’s place.

I wanted to go after her. But Mr K said no. He said that I had no right to feelings.

Then he said he wanted to make YOU unfeeling so that you could take over his position. So he told me to kill a girl and make you watch. If I could do that, then he would allow me to go to the US and find Dara. I’m sorry for not sparing a thought for you, but then, I was too caught up with loving Dara…

So I just want to say… It was never your fault. I was just too angry that Dara was leaving again, that I lied to you that the death of Dara’s parents were your fault. I never intended for you to get into a car crash.

No matter what, there was a period of time when I truly loved you as a brother—as family.

But I think there is no going back now.

It was my honour to have known you.

Love,

Minho”

 

A tear slid down Jiyong’s cheek to land on top of Minho’s signature at the bottom of the letter. His hands were trembling as he looked up at Yoona who was sitting opposite him at the table in the middle of the hotel room. She was sitting, hugging her legs to her chest on the chair, her head resting on her knees, humming a quiet tune.

Her eyes were on Jiyong the whole time, but they were vacant and faraway. Her hair was a tangled mess that lay across her shoulders. She smiled a sweet smile at no one in particular.

She had gone mad.

No one had realized that she had disappeared after Minho’s death. There was too much drama going on already.

No one knew where Minho lived, so no one had gone to clear out his belongings.

It was only recently, when Daesung commented that he saw a beggar that looked like Yoona, had Jiyong decide to go check it out. She had been living in Minho’s apartment for close to a year. She had lost her mind after learning of Minho’s death and had abandoned all sanity. The apartment was smelly and dirty and totally unkempt when Jiyong’s men found it. Jiyong immediately ordered his men to take her to his hotel to take care of her.

The day before, in one of her rare moments of sanity, Yoona told one of Jiyong’s men that was guarding her that she had something to give Jiyong, and she had to give it to him in person.

---

“Is this real?” Jiyong asked Yoona in a shaky voice. It was never his fault. Yet Minho had let him live with the guilt for so many years. In that moment, Jiyong did not know how to feel.

“Minho oppa give Jiyong oppa” Yoona said in a child-like voice, her lips turning into a smile. “Oh! Minho oppa! Don’t leave without me!” She spoke to the air and stood up to walk into the bathroom with an excited smile on her face, forgetting Jiyong already.

Is it too late for me to get Dara? Jiyong thought desperately, his heart pounding and blood rushing to his head suddenly.

He stood up, his chair falling to the ground behind him with a soft crash, buffeted by the plush carpet.

“Which room is Sandara Park in?” He ordered one of his men.

Without delay, his men whipped out a phone, dialed a number, spoke into it in a rapid, hushed tone and put down the phone.

“406 sir.”

---

Jiyong ran out of the room.

He was on the 8th floor. She was on the 4th.The lift was stuck on the 1st floor.

It was taking too long. Jiyong huffed in impatience and burst into the stairway, almost flying down the stairs to reach the 4th floor ASAP. He had not held Dara nor heard her lovely voice whisper his name in so long. Too long.

What he would give to kiss her innocent lips right now.

He reached the fourth floor and started to sprint down the long carpeted hallway.

Throwing caution to the wind, he whipped out the master key card for all rooms in his hotel and flashed it at the card scanner of 406. The scanner gave a cheerful beep, flashed green, and the door clicked open.

“Dara! I-“ Jiyong burst into the room, but the words died on his lips when he saw Dara lying on the bed, Joon on top of her, the two of them looking at him with shock.

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi guys! So here's an update!!!

Hope you love this and thank you so much for reading and commenting! I love you all! You guys are truly the inspiration for me to write! Sometimes when I feel like giving up, I read some of your comments and I feel like all my effort and time is worth it! Kamsahabnida! Saranghaeyo <3

 

love, 

hannahnah