Falling sick

I Heard You're A Player, So Let's Play A Game

Bom had been avoiding TOP since the night before. He had suddenly shown up at her house in the middle of the night, barging in and saying that he needed to stay with her for a while since his landlord threw him out. Before she could even protest, he had bunked into her guest bedroom, placed his stuff down before settling onto her couch to watch TV. She didn't protest, but just told him that she was running a high fever and that she wanted to go sleep. She refused his hurried offers to buy her medicine and shut the door in his face and went to bed. Then, 15 minutes into her sleep, Jonghyun called.

---

FLASHBACK

"Ah... Yeh? You haven't eaten? You want me to buy something for you to eat...? But Jonghyun, I'n not feeling very well..." Bom said weakly, her lips pale and her forehead shining with sweat.

TOP was pretending to watch TV as he eavesdropped on Bom's conversation. That girl was driving him mad! She was already running such a high fever but still could pander to the demands of that little sh!t???

"I'll go right away." Bom put down the phone, reaching for her bag and stumbling unsteadily towards the front door.

Wait, what? She's going where?! TOP's eyes widened as he heard her fumble for her keys. "Where are you going?" He turned around to ask nonchalantly, trying to keep his panicky heart from showing too obviously.

"Jongie hasn't eaten. He wants me to buy sushi..." Bom trailed off, her eyes glazed over from illness. TOP tried to swallow, his eyes taking in her frail body drenched in sweat from her fever. Her eyes were barely open and her pale lips made his heart clench painfully.

"I'll go now." Bom turned towards the door. Stay awake Bommie. You have to stay strong. Jongie needs you... Bom thought incoherently as she opened the heavy wooden door.

*SLAMMM*

The door handle was ripped out from her hand as the door slammed shut. A pair of hands wrapped themselves around her waist and a body pressed up on her from behind.

"Don't go." TOP's husky voice whispered beside her ear, his breath drying the perspiration that laced her neck.

"TOP what are you doing? Why are you being like that? I need to go. Jongie needs me." Bom struggled weakly in TOP's safe embrace.

"SHUT UP!!!" TOP couldn't take it anymore as he yelled harshly, his voice breaking painfully.

Bom stopped moving. Her ill body was preventing her mind from thinking and understanding the confusing situation she was in right now. TOP had never shouted at her. Never. Not when she was irritating, mean, emotional... NEVER.

"Don't love him, okay? My heart feels like it gets ripped out every time he's mean to you. You don't know how hollow it is in my chest. It's so suffocating that I can't breathe, I can't sleep or do anything right." TOP tightened his grip around Bom's body and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"TOP, I..." Bom tried to cut in , feeling a little dizzy.

"SSHHH!" TOP hushed her, pressing his body harder on her and holding her even more tightly. "I know I'm being selfish. I told myself, 'TOP, if you love her, then let her love whoever she wants. It's enough as long as she's happy.' That's what I told myself. But I see him hurt you OVER and OVER again and I can't take it anymore."

"Every time I see you leave the house with so much joy, I can't breathe because I want so much to be the reason for that smile. And every time you come back with pain and disappointment in your eyes, I just want to beat up the ba$tard that took away your smile. I see you dying and it kills me too. Little by little..." TOP closed his eyes, his tears falling from his lashes onto Bom's collarbone.

"Don't love him. Jebal..." TOP begged.

Feeling her hesitation, TOP took a deep breath for courage. Releasing her, he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards her bedroom.

Bom's mind simply hurt too much to even think. She let out a sigh of disappointment when TOP's body warmth and sturdiness left her, and could only follow as he led her to her bed.

He sat her down on her bed, lifting her legs onto the bed. Pushing her gently to lie down, he drew up the covers and removed her shoes.

Bom's world went black as she fell into a long, delirious, feverish slumber.

---

TOP looked down at the girl that lay in front of him. He dragged a hand across his face, biting his lip as he saw how fragile she had become. Her sweat had made her white tee-shirt translucent and stick to her body.

TOP blinked back tears as he sat down at the edge of the bed. Taking care of that little pr!ck had taken a toll on her. My poor, precious girl. TOP traced his slender fingers along the side of her s, down her ribcage to her hipbone. They were showing through the pale skin, poking out so sharply...

TOP looked away a he wiped away a tear that had fallen unknowingly. No this won't do. She'll fall sick wearing these clothes. Determined, he stood up and went to her cupboard to look for clothes.

Everything was pretty tight and probably uncomfortable, TOP concluded. Aish, the lengths women would go to for beauty! Shaking his head, he went to his room to get one of his favourite t-shirts and a pair of boxers.

He sat on the bed, sitting Bom up and making her lean on him. Looking away the best he could, he removed her drenched blouse, bra and jeans and put on his clothes on her. Completed, he stood to walk away.

"I'm cold..." Bom murmured softly from behind him. He immediately whipped around to feel her hands and feet.

Ice-cold.

His heart started pounding in worry as he flew around the house looking for more blankets and warm attire. But instead he found more impractical clothing.

Oh heck! I'll just do this and get gone before she wakes up. TOP hesitatingly decided before stepping into bed beside Bom.

Facing her, he moved closer and wrapped his arms around her slender waist. Upon contact with the warm body, Bom's body reacted and snuggled even closer to TOP.

Her chest was pressed up against his, making TOP blush furiously at the realisation that she wasn't wearing a bra. TOP started to feel hot as Bom snuggled even closer, her entire body flush against his masculine one.

Her nose was touching his and her breath tickled his lips.

She was frowning in her sleep, drawing fine lines on her forehead. Without thinking, TOP closed the gap and pecked her forehead gently. Immediately, the tension under her eyes and on her forehead was gone. Her eyebrows relaxed and the lines disappeared.

TOP smiled happily, his eyes turning into crescent-moons as he watched the girl he loved sleep. "Bom, I love you. Do you know?" He whispered in a low voice that was full of longing. Bom did not respond.

TOP bent his head slightly, pressing his lips onto her cold ones.

"I love you, Bom." He whispered, his lips brushing hers at every word. Bom stirred a little at the warmth she was receiving but did not move.

Emboldened, TOP started pecking her lips with a renewed energy.

TOP pecked her lips thrice. Then he started to on her lower lip gently, his eyes half-lidded. He ran his tongue over her lush lips, nibbling them deliciously.

Pulling away after he was satisfied, he grinned and closed his eyes. "Even if you wake up and leave me tomorrow, it's ok. I'll always remember this kiss." TOP said sadly as he hugged her protectively.

---

Bom woke up, feeling a little groggy. Sitting up in bed, she held her head that was throbbing and looked around at her surroundings. Ah, she was at home.

Oh right, the last thing she remembered was that she was sick, Jongie wanted something from her, but TOP had stopped her and said some weird things.

"You're awake! Are you feeling better?" TOP entered her room with a cheery smile and set a bowl of porridge on her dressing table beside her bed. He walked over to help her out of bed to sit at her dressing table. He swept aside her bra to set the bowl in front of her.

Wait.

He swept aside. HER BRA!!!!!

Bom snapped her head downwards to stare at her chest. She was wearing someone else's over-sized shirt and a pair of men's boxers! She could see her s poking out distinctly from the shirt. Her eyes widened in horror.

"Why aren't you eating? You don't like it?" TOP said calmly with a silly, over-happy grin on his face as he leaned against the dresser table, looking at her.

"YAH CHOI SEUNG HYUNG!!!! WHAT DID YOU DO ME!!!" Bom screamed as loud as her body allowed her to, taking huge steps away from the second biggest player in school.

She tried to cover her body with her hands desperately as he took slow but sure steps towards her. She tried to back away from him as he approached her but found herself backed up against a wall.

"St...stay away from me!!!" She squealed, closing her eyes tightly.

"You were sick and wet, I helped you to change. You didn't have anything comfortable to wear, so I gave you some of my own clothes. I didn't peek, Honestly." TOP stopped, his faces inches from hers as he smirked confidently.

"Really? You're not lying? You're dead if I find out otherwise!" Bom's characteristic charm was coming back to her as the last of her headache faded away. When she stared into his eyes, challenging him, TOP felt nervous.

Bom was the only one who could make him lose all of his confidence and charisma with a heart-stopping look or smile.

Shaking off that thought, he smirked at her and stepped up to press his body against hers, trapping her between him and the wall.

"If I wanted to do something to you, I could have done it a LONG time ago," He murmured huskily into her ear, blowing hot air into her ear, raising the goosebumps in her skin at his nearness.

All of a sudden, Bom felt something hard poking her stomach. Gasping at the realization of what it was, she froze.

"You make me VERRRYYYY hot too." TOP dragged his words, savouring how she was reacting towards him.

Bom was suddenly hyperaware of TOP. The way his firm chest pressed against her soft one, the way his chiseled arms trapped her in protectively, the way he smelled, the sound of his breathing...

"But don't worry, all I did was steal kisses from your deliciously lips." He whispered naughtily before pushing away from the wall to look at her. Winking, he turned to leave the room, his THING still up.

Bom was stunned.

When she had recovered , her hands flew to her lips, only to discover them bruised and slightly bleeding at one corner.

Steal kisses? How many did he steal, exactly!!! The way he abused her lips!!!

"CHOI SEUNG HYUNG!!!!!" Bom hollered, making the entire building shake, and making TOP smile in the kitchen.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

---

 

Author's note

ANNYEONG!!!

I'm back with a double update!!! I hope that you will love it!!!

Thank you so much to my subbies and commentors who have been cheering me on and giving me strength for the past few weeks of my exams! I really appreciate it!!! 

Drop some love, chingus!!!

Thank you for 8089 views, 296 subbies and 35 upvotes!!! KAMSAHABNIDA!!! *BOWS*

saranghabnida,

hannahnah