The Challenge

I Heard You're A Player, So Let's Play A Game

"Hey girl! Over here!" CL waved Dara over to the entrance of the school where the three girls were waiting. Arms linked together, the 4 girls strutted into school in one straight line. Well, CL, Minzy and Bom strutted... Dara? Not so much...

"Dara.... WHAT are you wearing???" Minzy hissed from the corner of her lips as the four girls entered the hallway and stopped outside Bom's locker.

"Eh?" Dara mumbled, confused as she looked down at herself. Hmm, ponytail in a plait, big glasses, oversized grey jumper-like tee, baggy workout pants. "What's wrong?" She turned to Minzy and asked.

"Everything! You look like you just got out of bed! Ok that's it, we need to bring you for a make-over someday! Look you're SO BEAUTIFUL and you're HIDING IT! It makes me feel like burning all your clothes..." Minzy gushed passionately, waving her hands in the air emotionally.

"Stop, we've got company..." CL said grimly, interupting Minzy's tirade of complaints against Dara

Phew, at least my clothes are safe from the fire of Minzy's wrath... Dara thought, heaving a silent sigh of relief as she stared at the ceiling and thanked the God of all ahjumma clothing for saving her.

"Hey b!tches, having a good day playing with your new-found ahjumma?" An irritating voice screeched,

"Victoria... How nice to meet you too." Minzy replied in a dead-pan, sarcastic manner, rolling her eyes at the gang of 5 girls standing !ly in front of them.

"Ah, Krystal and Sulli! How glad I am to see that you are alright! You need me to recommend you some make-up to cover up tose bruises?" CL stared at them evilly. The two girls had an obvious bruise over each of their right eye and were cowering behind Victoria in fear, yet were still staring at 2NE1 in obvious contempt.  

"Yes yes, I'll get to that soon. You think I'll let you get away with bullying one of my girls? But that will have to wait. Now, I come with a challenge." Victoria finished her grand speech with a smug look on her face.

"Oh how I want to slap that look off her face" Minzy whispered to Dara, who was simply standing behind the other 2NE1 girls. Sure, she had witnessed catfights before, but... not at such close proximity before!

"A challenge... What? You're gonna slap us senseless with those 7 inch heels, or attempt to fight us in those oh-so-tight-I-can't-breathe clothes? Oh I know! You're gonna strangle us to death with your thong! No wait... I forgot... You s aren't wearing any!" Park Bom retorted, irritated that these girls were in her way yet again.

"Ooh, burn!" Minzy laughed, encouraging the growing crowd to burst into spontaneous laughter too.

F(X) flushed a deep shade of red as they stared angrily at 2NE1 who simply looked back at them calmly.

F(X) used to be the most popular girls around Seoul High School, but all that changed when 2NE1 revamped themselves and got prettier. Also because they were simply so NICE to everyone, did people start liking them more and more. People got tired of the nasty girls who bullied everyone just for the fun of it, of the s who ALWAYS got their way simple because they had a pretty face. So 2NE1 rose quickly to fame in the school and publicly replaced F(X) as the popular girls in school, whether F(X) liked it or not. They nicknamed F(X) as the "B!tch squad" and somehow, that name stuck.

"I don't want to pick a fight, Bom, but I put forth a challenge to HER." Victoria said behind gritted teeth as she unfolded her crossed arms to point straight at Dara. 

Wha...what? Me? Noooo... Not possible. Dara thought as Victoria pointed at her. Swivelling her head left and right to see if there was anyone behind her, Dara whispered, "Oh ..." 

"Her? Dara? What do you want with her? Hey don't you DARE try anything funny on her! She's one of us now!" CL snarled as she moved to stand in front of Dara.

"Oh nothing... Nothing really. It's just that Luna overheard SOMEONE at the coffeeshop yesterday and we thought of a brilliant plan!"

"We, F(X), challenge YOU, Sandara Park, to conquer Big Bang's Kwon Jiyong in three months!" Amber finished with a flourish, grinning.

"Oh wow...you've just beat your own record for being stupid. Come on Dara, let's leave them to their own stupid devices." Bom rolled her eyes and sighed in mock-disappointment as she ushered the gang away.

"W...Wait!" Luna called out. "Sandara you're on the school's financial assistance scheme right? I also happen to know that you've no money to go to college. So here's the deal, accept our challenge and we, F(X), will pay for your full tertiary education!"

Dara's eyes widened at that and she stopped and turned to stare at them. 

"Why you little b!tches! Done your digging huh? Let's see how I dig your hair out of your skull!" Minzy snarled and tried to lunge at them, but Dara put a hand on Minzy's arm, stopping her from inflicting damage on the girls.

"You... are serious about this? It's not a small sum you know." Dara questioned, tilting her head to look at the girls curiously.

"Oh come on, if anything, we've got PLENTY of money. And YES, we're dead serious. We'll even sign a contract if you want!" Victoria said with a bored expression. With a flick of her hand, one of her fanboys ran forward with a piece of paper. "Here. Our terms are these: Get Kwon Jiyong to say that he loves you during our school's annual event that happens in three months. If you can't do this, 2NE1 has to admit that they are lousier than F(X) in public, and has to give up their status as the most popular girls in school." 

Should I do this? They ARE offering me a lot of money... But Jiyong has already said 5 years ago that he doesn't love me... Can I do this? I better not... I will end up ruining the reputation that 2NE1 has so painstakingly built up... Ok... I'll just say no and work hard for the money myself... Dara decided. With a nod of her head, she opened to reject the offer.

But before she could say anything, she heard a loud and clear voice behind her saying, "She'll accept it!"

Mortified, Dara turned to stare at the source of the voice. Seeing that it was Bom, she mouthed, "I will? I will accept it???"

Striding forward, Bom slung one arm around Dara's shoulders and said, "Yes, she will accept it!" Turning her head to smile victoriously at Dara, she ignored the poor girl who was furiously shaking her head, her eyes wide as saucers.

Bom pulled on Dara's hand and forced her thumbprint onto a stamp then onto the contract. Happy now, F(X) walked away mumbling, "We couldn't get them and that ahjumma can? Huh, get ready to face defeat, 2NE1!"

As the crowd dispersed, a very self-satisfied Bom pulled the three, very stupified girls into an empty classroom.

 

"I can't believe you did that! What were you thinking?!"

"You just subjected our poor Dara to public criticism!"

"We all know that Jiyong is public playboy number one! WHYYY???" 

CL and Minzy burst to life and started bombarding Bom with questions and accusations. 

"Ok girls, CALM. DOWN. I did this for Dara's own good!" Bom said as she sat on a table calmly and crossed her legs.

"Eh? Me?" A dazed Dara finally looked up. 

"Yeah! You told us how angry you were at Jiyong, and this will be the best way to take your revenge!" Bom hopped off the table and walked towards Dara. Cupping Dara's face in her hands, Bom said, "You're SO beautiful. Don't talk about 3 months, we'll help you conquer him in 2!" Bom gave her a confident smile. "Trust me." 

The other two girls groaned silently behind them. There was no stopping Bommie on a mission. CL went to the whiteboard and started to gently bang her head on it despondently while Minzy started whining quietly, pouting.

"OK! GROUP MEETING!" Bom announced in the empty classroom. "We're gonna brainstorm for a plan. It shall be called: Conquer the Playboy!" 

---

 

"YAH YAH YAH! DID YOU HEAR!!!" Seungri burst into the classroom screaming, and flew to the back of the classroom where Big Bang was sitting. 

"Aish, HUSH MAN! Stop whining like a girl!" TOP reprimanded Seungri, looking up from his math textbook to raise one eyebrow at the flustered maknae. "What is it man?" He monotoned, bored already. Their maknae was known for engaging in LOTS of useless gossip... Urgh, it was like having a hyper-active girl around them all the time... Only Taeyang was patient enough to handle him. Shaking his head at that thought, he returned to his textbook as the maknae caught his breath.

"F(X) challenged the ahjumma in 2NE1 to conquer Jiyong's heart in 3 months!" Seungri finally spat out, in between breaths.

"The ahjumma? Is it... Sandara Park?" Jiyong sprung up from the chair in surprise.

"Yeah... San.. something... But that's not the point! 2NE1 has taken up the challenge and will step down from the popular status if they lose!" Seungri repeated what he had heard.

"She hates you man. I remember her, she was the one whose love letter you tore up. Sandara is such a unique name, how could I forget?" TOP finally put down his textbook and eyed Jiyong meaningfully. TOP and Jiyong were the only ones left from the original clique that bullied Sandara and 2NE1, the other guys had left for other schools, fell into vices etc, and their new members, Taeyang, Seungri and Daesung had joined them shortly after.

"She hates me... I can understand that... But why dis she take up the challenge?" Jiyong whispered sadly, his heart breaking at the thought of his best friend being so mean to him.

"Because she wants revenge!" Daesung chimed in.

Jiyong's thoughts ran wild as he could only heard the pounding of the blood in his ears and nothing else. The more he thought of it, the angrier he got. Without him knowing, all warm feelings that he had towards Sandara was replaced with anger and bitterness. It was not his fault! How could she blame him for it?! After all, they were both young! Why couldn't she understand and forgive him> Instead, she wants to ruin him?! Jiyong gritted his teeth and clenched his fists tightly.

"Yah, let's have a bet. I say... you'll fall for her!" Seungri teased Jiyong.

In his anger, he spat, "NO I WON'T! If I do, I'll give TOP my car, Taeyang my favourite pair of shoes, Daesung my collection of accessories and you, that headset that you've been eyeing!" 

Then, Jiyong realised what he had said. But it was too late to take it back.

The four guys were all sitting upright in their seats and staring at Jiyong evilly... THIS SPELT TROUBLE....

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys!!!! I really really hope that you liked this chapter!!! Haha, decided to do an update before I get busy again soon! Thank you firstly to ALL MY READERS, (eg: my silent ones, come on, don't stay silent!!!) and to all my lovely subscribers!!!

So here's a shoutout to all my subbies:

vhannie

purple_sue
ellemarie
lei_zymny
RedGoddess
XXannajaniellaXX
dillatiffa
Hellotomybutterfly
lebitebi
mrschoi09
Lawlietwammy
maanchi_14
imlene
Nasreen
minnikimmi
CAMTDGT
posh93
TokkiDokki
daramaegon
zoezaczoe
sweetfairytail
chuuubbbyyy
sandaragon
justlikemermaid
tindeguzman
marifela
Elli Sara
piratess
ghen58
Princessfly
Cuteefunnyrabbit
Badchick2ne1
mekachin
 
Special shoutout to my upvoters (THANK YOU THANK YOU!) 
dillatiffa
lebitebi
daramaegon
sandaragon
vhannie
posh93
CAMTDGT
mekachiri
 
 
so SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT AND UPVOTE!!!
(i REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR COMMENTS SO PLEASE DO COMMENT!!! hugs and loves <3)

 

love, 

hannahnah