A thousand excuses

I Heard You're A Player, So Let's Play A Game

"Find her for me. I want to know everything about her -- Where she lives, her past, and how she knows me." Jiyong ordered. He regained composure as he straightened his white shirt and walked towards the waiting car.

He missed the naughty grin that spread over TOP's face as TOP got into the seat behind Jiyong.

Sandara Park had succeeded.   

 

---

Dara catwalked out of the doors with as much calm and composure she could muster. When she felt the doors behind her swing close, her knees buckled beneath her as she fell to the ground, her heart beating furiously.

"Dara! Are you okay?" TOP rushed to her side, to help her up to her feet. She nodded dumbly as she accepted his help.

"I have to go." Dara urged TOP to let go of her, her eyes wide with urgency. He released her and she quickly turned the corner, out of sight from the club's doors. As soon as she had slipped out of sight, the doors burst open to reveal a slightly confused Jiyong. Dara gasped and turned away so he could not see her.

She heard the two men exchange a few words, before Jiyong's car sped off. Dara blinked as she watched Jiyong's car get further from her before disappearing into the darkness.

"Ji Oppa, Ji Oppa, Ji Oppa..." Dara murmured quietly to herself. Her hands were on her chest, covering her heart that was beating erratically. She looked up at the midnight black sky, her eyes shining with unshed tears.

I'm not even running, but my heart is beating furiously... It has been 2 years, but I still feel the same way about you, oppa. when you asked me to take your hand then, if i had taken it, would we be living like this now? Was my rejection so painful that you chose to forget me? I'm sorry for being selfish, but I still love you.

 

Now it's my turn to chase after you.

---

"Come ON girls!!! Chop chop!" The stage manager fussed as she pushed dresses and pants into the hands of different models, backstage. It was a mad frenzy. The backstage of fashion shows always were.

Half-dressed girls with incomplete hair and makeup talked above one another, rushing to change, drink water or wear clothes, accessories and makeup. Dara was no exception.

Dara had clips, safety pins, and ribbons in her hands, a line of girls s in a queue in front of her. She was making the final adjustments to each of the models' clothing -- her designs -- and checking on hair and shoes, before hurrying them onto the runway as the music drowned out all semblance of conversation. While doing so, her own hair and makeup was being done.

After she hustled the last girl on the runway, Dara stood in line, brushing down her dress before standing straight and proud. Hers was the last piece. The showcase piece. The piece that she had been keeping a mystery. The piece that would determine what was the fashion trend of the season.

She saw her last model reach the end of the runway and turn to come back. She heard the music: her cue, and she stepped onto the long, white runway.

---

A long time ago, over one of their many late-night chats, Jiyong had told her his secret to making people remember him, and only him.

"When walking down the hallway in school, keep your eyes on one person and make eye contact. Hold that stare. Hold it till the point where it becomes awkward, and still keep looking at the person. Make it overwhelming, almost unbearable. If you can do that, for the rest of the day, or even for the rest of the month at least, the person will remember only you."

---

Like most of the fashion shows, the runway was on the same level as the floor on which the guests were at. It meant that those seated around the rectangle of the runway could almost just touch the models if they reached out their hands.

Most of the top designers, sponsors and largest designing companies would be seated directly in front of the stage. So everytime when Dara walked onto stage and stared forward, at a person in front of her, it would usually be at someone important. And not long after every show, the person she was staring at would call her and ask her to work for them, or sponsor her new line.

Yet that day, as she stared forward, she found herself looking into a pair of familiar, naughty eyes.

Her professionalism was the only thing that kept her moving forward on that runway. Her body moved by itself as she almost forgot to breathe, her mind a blank. Her cool facade almost slipped away as she neared Jiyong as she reached the end of the runway.

He was dressed in a simple black suit, white shirt. His black hair was slicked up. He wore a naughty grin, his eyes alight with mischief as he stared back at her. In that 30 seconds that Dara took to walk down the runway, it seemed like the whole world consisted of only the two of them.

Dara couldn't hear the music nor the applause.

Perhaps Jiyong saw the shock and surprise in her eyes. Because when she reached the end of the runway, he winked and mouthed: "Found you."

His smirk grew as he saw her eyes widen imperceptibly. Without breaking the rhythm, Dara posed and turned her back to him, already walking away from him.

Never had Dara wanted to get off a runway as much as she did now.

---

"Why didn't you tell me he was coming?!" Dara asked angrily. She was suddenly scared, unprepared to face Jiyong. She was afraid she would break down in front of him, and blurt out their history. He would have a massive headache, maybe even hate her -- something she didn't want to happen.

She was on the phone with Taeyang.

He was Jiyong's guard for the week, and was in charge of informing Dara of Jiyong's actions. However, because of the show, her phone was basically switched off or unreachable because she was too busy.

"I tried, but I couldn't reach you." Taeyang said in his usual warm tone.

"Oh... Nevermind, oppa. Thank you." Dara said into her phone, as she slipped off the straps of her gown, pulling it down to her waist.

"Oppa? Which oppa?" A deep chocolate voice that made Dara's heart ache with longing, suddenly rang in the changing room.

She spun around in shock, one hand holding up her dress to her chest to cover herself.

"W...W...What are you doing here?" Dara stuttered as she saw Jiyong close the door of the changing room behind him slowly. The air suddenly became scarce and Jiyong was suddenly too close.

He took one step towards her, pressing his body against hers, and trapping her against the wall. His eyes were dark and confident as he smirked. Dara's breath hitched as her eyes searched for an escape route desperately.

Jiyong cocked his head to one side as he studied her with an unwavering gaze that made Dara's heart flutter and her cheeks to blush deeply. Jiyong was suddenly fascinated. When he met this girl at the club, he thought she was bold, daring, and that nothing could faze her. Her confidence attracted him. But now, she was blushing, shy, as she tried to cover herself, almost like a blushing schoolgirl. Her innocence melted his heart.

One of Dara's hands was holding up her dress, the other on his chest, trying to push him away. This just made him want her more. He her bare arms with the back of his hands slowly, earning a gasp from the beautiful girl.

"I just thought it wasn't fair that you knew my name, and I don't know yours. Who ARE you, girl of mystery? Even my background checks on you proved futile. I couldn't pull out anything about you. So who are you?" Jiyong's voice was soft and seductive. He spoke close to her face, his breath tickling on her eyelashes. She averted his gaze and blushed even harder.

"Hmm? Baby?" Jiyong growled into her ear, making Dara shiver and let out a small mewl. But she did not say anything, nor meet his gaze.

Wanting a response, a wicked idea formed in his mind.

With one swift move, he yanked her dress down, making it pool at her ankles. He pressed his body against her even harder, shifting his hips such that he was grinding against her rhythmically. He used his feet to kick away the dress from her feet and out of the changing room from under the door. He reached for her normal clothes that hung behind the door of the small changing room and flung them out too.

"H...Hey what are you doing?" Dara said frantically, her small fists pounding uselessly on Jiyong's chest as she tried to prevent him from throwing her clothes out.

Okay honestly? She liked Jiyong.

So she didn't mind the grinding he was giving her. Nor the fact that she only had her underwear on and was pressed fully onto a fully dressed Jiyong.

But she did mind that she wouldn't have clothes to leave the place.

But he just shrugged innocently and looked down at her s that were pressed on his chest. Then, he looked up and gave her a slanted grin of approval. Dara glared at him.

"HEYYY!!! IS SOMEONE OUT THERE? I NEED CLOTHES-" Dara started to shout, but was cut off by Jiyong's lips crashing on hers.

It was a rough kiss as Jiyong bit and on her lower lip harshly. He ran his hot tongue along her lip relentlessly, probing her to open so that he could deepen the kiss.

His hands went to the back of her neck, pulling her closer. Her mind was blank as she closed her eyes and got lost in the passionate kiss.

Jiyong's tongue flicked her lips, wanting to reach into her hot cavern for more.

Her lips parted fractionally, enough for Jiyong to slip his tongue in to taste her. His tongue explored her hot and wet cavern, pushing at her plump tongue, desperate for a response.

Hesitatingly, she responded, mimicking his movements.

Jiyong's heart started beating even harder when Dara responded to his kiss. He pulled her even closer. Her tongue movements were inexperienced but and achingly familiar. She flicked her tongue into Jiyong's mouth, drawing a low moan from him. Dara's tongue moved in sync with his, in a sensual dance.

The way he moved was rough and passionate.

The way she moved was sweetly familiar.

It brought out an almost insanely warm and happy response in Jiyong's heart.

At that moment, he only wanted Dara.

 

Oh he knew who she was. TOP found out that she was from his high school, hidden under the radar, went overseas for higher education, and then became insanely famous as a designer and model.

 

He didn't need to pretend that he didn't know anything about her.

A man of his status --  the most powerful man in Korea -- did not need an excuse to see a girl. He could just order his men to take her to him.

But when it came to HER, it felt different. He wanted to treat her delicately. His heart wanted to hold her preciously.

 

I'll make up a thousand excuses just to run into by chance. Jiyong thought, his eyes unreadable as he pulled away from the kiss.

 

The two of them panted heavily and looked at each other, trying to catch their breath.

"No one can hear you. It's too noisy outside. Just keep quiet and follow me. Alternatively, you can walk out half . Your call. But let me warn you: There are many reporters out there, trying to get an interview with you." Jiyong said breathlessly.

Dara pondered nervously but finally nodded. Jiyong inwardly heaved a sigh of relief. He smiled broadly, took off his jacket and closed his eyes. With a flick of his wrists, he placed his jacket over Dara's shoulders.

The jacket was long enough to reach Dara's mid-thigh. When he felt her hands clutch the jacket lapel securely, covering herself, he opened his eyes.

He saw only trust in her eyes. She gave him a reluctant but sweet smile.

Can you always have that look in your eyes? Can you only look and smile at me like that? Who are you, and why do you have this effect on me? Jiyong's heart fluttered and he bit his lip and looked away quickly.

"Let's go." He wrapped one arm around Dara's shoulders and guided her out of the changing room.

The moment they stepped out, cameras flashed. Reporters and models' voices alike grew louder and more questioning. Jiyong hid Dara's head in his chest and under his arm as he walked out confidently, his bodyguards surrounding him and making way for him.

It was almost like a drama.

Dara almost laughed at the ridiculous situation.

But she didn't because she was too busy sniffing his cologne. His familiar scent, familiar body heat -- everything that she missed.

They got into his car that was already waiting outside, and sped off the moment the doors clicked shut.

"Where are we going?" Dara asked as Jiyong settled comfortably into the seat beside her, his arm still slung comfortably over her shoulders, pulling her close to him.

"My house."

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Soooooooo, THANK YOU for all the lovely comments!!! (esp those who comment regularly! I look forward to all your comments!!!)

Have a wonderful Christmas!