What about the bet?

I Heard You're A Player, So Let's Play A Game

---

From: Bommiee

To: Dara

The B!tch Squad has been expelled from school!!! I heard from the office lady that it's because they sent the gangsters to harass some poor girl! Serves them right!

Where are you? I need to tell you something! (Oh BTW, have you seen the hot new guy? Oh and there's this new teacher who looks like a . Lemme send you the pic that one of my fanboys took.)

AND WHAT ABOUT THE BET???

---

From: TOP

To: Kwon leader

Hey man, I heard that Dara slept over at your house last night (*insert smirk and maniacal laughter*) Our bet is SO over man. Just to give you a heads-up, since our bet ends the same time that Dara's bet ends (which is in 1 and a half months) I suggest you prepare yourself mentally to give those precious car keys over. Kekekekeke

---

From: Joon

To: Minzy

Hey Minzy, it's Joon. I just happened to pass by the girl's toilet just now and I heard f(x) talking about the bet. I'm not sure if it is the same one Dara noona is involved in, but since 2NE1 seemed quite concerned about the whole bet thing, I thought it would be good to tell you.

They said that they've sold the bet off to some guy in exchange for places in another school. Hmm.

 Oh, don't misunderstand! I got your number from my mum's spa cos you were the one who registered.

So... yup! Thank you!

---

The world was in a great frenzy.

Or, at least Dara's and Jiyong's world was.

The frenzy was over the new female teacher who had a pretty face, a feminine voice, had legs up to her armpits and a dress to show it. The new teacher who had a fashion sense that almost triumphed 2NE1's dress style. The new teacher who had won over almost half the school, goodness only knows how.

The frenzy was over the new boy in school who had a mysterious aura that could almost compete with Kwon leader's aura. The new boy that had  wink that could make almost as many girls swoon as TOP could. The new boy that had won over almost half of the school without even doing much.

---

"This is not good."

Bom was leaning on the lockers beside Dara's locker, sighing as she watched her best friend open her locker.

It was the end of the day and what a hectic one it was.

The school welcomed a few new teachers and students, and some timetables were swapped around. Somehow, the teachers enjoyed swapping 2NE1's and Big Bang's timetables because they knew that these kids won't complain.

Big Bang and 2NE1, for once, had all the same classes together! Surprise, surprise.

Of course, the only blemish in this wonderful arrangement was that the new teacher, Yoona, was teaching half of these classes, much to 2NE1's dismay. AND, the new boy was in ALL of their classes too, much to Big Bang's disgust.

It was no hidden fact among the girls in the school that the new teacher detested 2NE1, especially Dara. Her words were soaked in sarcasm directed at Dara throughout the day, and her extravagant biasness towards the boys irked the girls to no extent. Even 2NE1's fanboys were convinced that she was a nice person! The other girls in the class tried to protect Dara, but to no avail as Yoona would start treating them harshly too, making them give up and surrender to her prowess.

Minho was constantly hanging around Dara, purposely sitting near Dara, which meant he was always beside Bom, Minzy and CL too. The fact that he was so friendly, so humourous and so good at making jokes that made the girls laugh, made BB want to kill him slowly with needles and salt.

And as if all this crap wasn't enough, there was a strange rumor about Dara's bet with f(x) that was going around.

People were saying that f(x) sold the bet off to someone. But to who?

Dara was overly tired from the day's events and so was everyone else. Big Bang had left early with Minzy and CL, leaving only Bom and Dara in school to finish up an "extra-curricular project" that Yoona had so kindly given them in order to raise up their grades.

Like duh, they didn't need it! They were straight A students already, but they knew that they Yoona would snatch any chance to reduce one of their A's, so they had no choice but to accept the project grudgingly.

Dara could only smile wearily as she opened her locker.

A single, pure white envelope fell out.

A letter from one of her fanboys? It didn't really look like it. Dara thought as she picked it up and opened it. Bom was complaining non-stop and wasn't even paying attention to what Dara was doing.

---

Dear Sandara Park,

I know why you left the USA with Chundong. I know how much is left in your bank account. I know that you need money desperately. So here's my proposal.

I've bought over the bet from the group of girls called f(x)

There is still a month and a half left to the end of the year, to the annual event, and to the end of the bet. Get Kwon Jiyong to say that he loves you by then and I will pay for your full tertiary education, all food, lodgings, clothes, and everything you need.

I don't care if he's your friend or anything.

The only clause is that you cannot fall in love with him, and you can't tell anyone. I'm sure you're well aware of that.

If you tear up this letter or disregard our bet, I will know. And I know how to make your worst nightmares come true.

Enclosed is a check to help you live to the end of the one and a half months.

 

Yours sincerely,

Mr K

---

Sandara swore that she forgot how to breathe in fear when she saw the letter.

Who was this 'Mr K'? Why did he know so much about her? What were his motives?

With trembling hands, Dara reached into the envelope to pull out the cheque.

10 million won, was written in big bold letters.

(approx 10 000 US dollars)

Dara's eyes grew as wide as they possibly could as she slipped the cheque back into the envelope.

BREATHE IN

BREATHE OUT

BREATHE IN

Think, Dara. THINK. What should I do now?

---

"Dara? Hey! Earth to Dara!" Bom snapped her fingers in front of Dara's blank face.

"You ok? What happened?" Bom asked curiously when she realised that her friend wasn't responding to her.

"Uh? Oh nothing. I need to go now. I'll see you in school tomorrow, ok?" Dara mumbled before slamming her locker door shut and running out of school, leaving a stunned and confused Bom behind.

---

FLASHBACK

Dara was 16. She looked down at the hospital bed at the sleeping Thunder and a single tear rolled down her pale cheek.

He had two broken ribs, a fractured elbow and a twisted ankle. His beautiful face was marred with ugly purple and green bruises. He was still unconscious. He right eye was swollen and cuts that bled dully made Dara's heart twist painfully at the sight.

"Mianhe Chundong... It's all noona's fault. I couldn't protect you properly. I swear... Once you're well, I'll bring you out of here. We'll leave together. Once and for all." Dara knelt by the bedside, clutching Thunder's good hand in between hers and she wept bitterly.

They said that he had gotten robbed and beaten up by the local gang. Someone had found him passed out in an alley and had called the ambulance.

But Dara knew better. In the backpack that Thunder was carrying when he was assaulted, Dara found a single earring. And Dara knew who owned the earring.

It was Dara's gift to Yoona when Yoona turned 16. It was the same year when Yoona decided to hate Dara for life.

Dara knew the earring because she was the one who made it.

Dara had tolerated Yoona's physical and verbal abuse for two years already. No matter how she thought, she could never understand why Yoona hated her so much. She simply let it be because after all, she was living in her cousin's house.

Dara had tried telling her good friend, Minho, repeatedly of what Yoona was doing, but Minho refused to believe her. So Dara had stopped trying to tell Minho, but simply leaned on him for support whenever she felt tired...

Dara always had bruises where Yoona pinched her viciously. Her hands were rough from all the housework Yoona forced her to do.

Dara had tolerated and feared Yoona for two whole years. But this was too much.

If Yoona hated Dara, then just come at Dara! Why attack Thunder? Dara was angry beyond reason, but she knew she had no proof.

So Dara did the only thing she could think of. She packed hers and Thunder's bags, made arrangements for schooling, accommodation and air tickets, and left with Thunder without a second word.

Her aunt was happy to see her go. After all, with all the poison that Yoona had been feeding her aunt over the two year, Dara's aunt had come to hate Dara too.

She didn't tell Minho, because she was sure he would stop her and tell her that all her fears were ridiculous. As much as she treasured her friendship with Minho, she could never forgive him for not trusting her 100%.

END OF FLASHBACK

---

"Chokiyo? The cafe is closing in 10 minutes." A cute waiter told a zoned-out Dara politely.

A little surprised, her thoughts disrupted, Dara smiled and gestured that she would leave soon. She looked down at her phone and was surprised that it was almost midnight. Omo... It was so late already?

Dara had went to sit in a cafe to think and sort out her thoughts, and she didn't pay attention to the time. She picked up her bag and hailed a taxi. She didn't want to go back to face Thunder with her weary and tearful face. She was sure that she would break down into a fresh bout of tears when she saw her wonderful brother and remembered how she couldn't protect him...

So she went to Jiyong's house instead.

He had given her the key to his house, so she could enter freely.

She pushed open the door and saw that only the table lamp beside his bed was switched on. Jiyong was lying bare-chested on the bed, one arm flung across his forehead. His chest heaved up and down gently as he slept peacefully.

Tip-toeing, she placed her bag down and went over to Jiyong's side. Under the table lamp, there was a post-it addressed to her.

---

Ssantokki,

I went to your house to get some of your clothes. I already hung them up in my cupboard. Mianhe, I'm really tired, so I'll sleep first, ok? Goodnight ^^

-love, Jiyong

---

Dara smiled as she put down the note. She went to his cupboard, took some of her clothes and went to bathe.

She was about to climb into bed beside him when something caught her eye.

Jiyong's boxers were pulled low, exposing his hipbones. A faint green colouring on his right hip was exposed at the hem of his boxers.

Curiously, Dara stepped close to the sleeping Jiyong. She tugged the hem of his boxers slightly lower so that she could see what was inked into his skin.

It was a green and black dragon artistically designed, curling dangerously just below his right hipbone. Under the tail of the dragon had the letters: GD.

"GD? What does it mean?" Dara murmured quietly as she traced the beautiful dragon with her fingers softly.

"If you want to see Jiyong Junior, you only need ask." A familiar teasing voice brought an instant blush to her cheek as a warm hand grabbed her hand that was still holding the hem of his boxers.

Then, she realised how dangerously low his boxers were and where her hands were, and her blush deepened.

"I...I..." Dara stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Haha, I'm just kidding. Go to sleep Dara, you had a long day." Jiyong's closed his bright amber eyes as he released her hand and tugged up his boxers to cover his tattoo.

"Ji... Why do you have a tattoo?" Dara asked softly as she climbed into bed beside him.

"Hmm?" JIyong grunted as he turned to face her on the bed.

"I got it when I was 12. My father told me to get it, and I was overjoyed to. GD means G-dragon. My name." Jiyong gave Dara a small smile as she looked thoughtful.

Jiyong bit his lip as she smiled up at him happily. "Mm, I think it's very pretty."

"Pretty? Hahaha, it's not supposed to be pretty! It's supposed to look fierce and menacing!" Jiyong couldn't stop himself from laughing aloud.

"Yah!" Dara looked offended that he was laughing at her and threw a punch towards his face half-heartedly.

With a grace and speed she had never seen on anyone, he dodged the punch and grab her offending wrist. Taking advantage of the effort that she put into the punch, he grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him.

Dara blinked furiously as she was pressed up against his warm and smooth chest, her soul caught up in the swirling pools of black honey that was staring at her seriously.

Get Kwon Jiyong to say that he loves you... You cannot love him... I don't care if he's your friend... I will make your worst nightmares come true...

The words on the letter burned at the back of Dara's eyes painfully as she suddenly remembered...

Breaking the stare, Dara tilted her head forward and planted a kiss on Jiyong's shoulder.

She felt him stiffen.

She looked up and saw his brow drawn tightly together as he stared at her with a unreadable expression.

She lowered her gaze and placed another kiss at the crook of his neck, taking the opportunity to take a whiff of his minty soap.  What was she doing? Was this really because of the bet? Or because... Dara didn't dare think as she heard Jiyong in a breath.

Her nearness, actions and scent was making Jiyong twitch in want and need. He in a breath when Dara kissed his shoulder and neck.

Without knowing what he was doing, Jiyong flipped her around on the bed such that he was propped on all fours above her and started kissing her lips ferociously.

Dara's breath caught in as Jiyong captured her lips in a strong kiss.

The way his lips moved against hers made her heart pound. She closed her eyes and returned the kiss.

Lips moved against lips.

Tongue ran against lips persistently and roughly.

Teeth bit lips, drawing blood, soft moans and deep growls.

Tongue fought tongue for dominance.

Every inch of wet cavern was explored.

Cheeks were flushed.

Hands moved against a bare smooth back.

Hands moved against a flat stomach under a T-shirt.

Hands were tangled up in hair, pulling each other deeper into the kiss.

A T-shirt was inching upwards as the kiss got more heated.

A pair of boxers was getting tighter.

Moans were getting louder.

 

"RIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGG" The doorbell rang.

Dara and Jiyong ignored it.

"Open up! KWON JIYONG!!!!" A deep, irritatingly familiar voice yelled from the door.

*Bang bang bang* Banging on the door ensued, the person still yelling Jiyong's name.

With great reluctance and irritation, Jiyong pulled away from Dara and hopped off the bed with a menacing stare.

"Someone had better be DEAD or he's going to pay!!!" Jiyong growled in an angry voice as he swung the door open.

Dara couldn't help but feel disappointed as she tried to catch her breath.

---

"Yah, Kwon Jiyong! What took you so long-" TOP started complaining when his best friend's door swung open to reveal a bare-chested Jiyong.

TOP's eyes widened fractionally as he took in Jiyong's disheveled appearance. Tousled hair that was definitely not from hair gel or spray or from sleeping, but more like someone ran their hands through his blond cropped hair and tugged it.

Flushed cheeks and fully dilated eyes that held a menacing glare that would have killed TOP if he wasn't used to it already. Jiyong's house wasn't dark enough for his eyes to dilate like that.

Sweat beading down the centre of Jiyong's chest. Damn winter was approaching! It was too bloody cold to perspire even after a run!

Then, of course, the most obvious sign. Jiyong's boxers were tented.

"Um... Am I interrupting something?" TOP raised his eyebrows skeptically as he tried to peek into his best friend's house. It had been a long time since Jiyong had played around, and TOP wanted to see who was the lucky girl that could distract Jiyong from Dara.

"Well what do you think? You -blocker!" Jiyong snarled menacingly and tried to slam the door in TOP's face.

"Wait!" TOP called out and stuck out his hand to push the door open.

And he succeeded. The door opened just wide enough for TOP to see who was on the bed. In his shock, he let go of the door and Jiyong managed to slam the door in TOP's face.

---

Dara's eyes met TOP's as TOP pushed against the door.

Oh .

"Jiyong! I got evicted by my landlord! Let me stay at your place for a few nights until my parents send some money over! Jiyong!" TOP yelled relentlessly from the outside.

"Go stay with someone else!" Jiyong yelled back.

SILENCE

Jiyong looked through the peephole. TOP was gone.

Jiyong gave a sigh of relief and turned back to Dara who was sitting upright in bed.

" oppa! TOP saw me! He's going to misunderstand! I better go and explain to him!" Dara was completely flustered as she hopped out of the bed and tried to run to the door and chase after TOP, but was stopped by Jiyong.

"No! You're not going anywhere looking so ually aroused!" Jiyong demanded, spinning her to face the mirror.

Dara's long brown hair was tugged and tousled, her clothes slipping off from one shoulder and her shorts askewed, one side pulled past her hipbones, exposing a bit of her .

But what really gave her away were her large brown eyes that were dilated like a cat's.

Oh god.

What had Jiyong done to her?

How could he have evoked such a response from her? She was still an innocent !!!!

"And who is he to you? Why do you have to explain anything?" Jiyong questioned her relentlessly, a little upset and very much in pain from the tent in his pants...

"I... I...I..." Dara was too flustered.

"Haiz... Nevermind... Go to sleep Dara. I'll go after TOP to make sure that he's ok." Jiyong sighed as he pushed her gently to lie on the bed. Afterwards, he picked up a shirt and a pair of pants, wore them and left the house.

"Jiyong... Do you love me? Because I think I...I..." Dara said to the door after Jiyong left.

No.... I can't love you. If I do, then Thunder will be in danger. So can you love me without me loving you?

---

It turned out that TOP had crashed at Bom's house. More like he barged in the moment she opened the door.

Jiyong sighed and sat down on the swing at the playground near his apartment. Kicking a little sand, he swung up and down.

"I shouldn't be ruining Dara's innocence like that. If TOP had not knocked then, who knows what would have happened between us? But... I can't let go of her... Do I... Do I love her? I've never felt like that before... Felt like owning anyone, or been so affected by anyone before..."

"I love you Ssanttoki..." Jiyong's eyes widened as he heard himself mutter those 4 words.

I love you

I love you

I love you

And I shall tell you tomorrow morning.

---

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HI guys!!! I'm back!

Sorry for the wait! Haiz, I really shouldn't be writing this chapter, considering that my exams are in two days, but I've such wonderful subscribers, readers (and those who comment) that I couldn't help myself! It's been such a long time since I've written and it's so good to be back!!!

Haha, so guess who bought the bet? (although I really don't think you can guess who :P) Things are going to get HOT around here hee hee ^^

People are asking me why Yoona hates Dara, but I can only reveal why in later chapters, so be patient ok? XD (unless you've already guessed :))

And my dears, it's gonna take me a while to do the next update cause I have exams for the next two weeks, but I've checked my timetable, and the next time I can update is the 1st of Oct. I won't abandon my story! (I hate writers who do that... So irritating)

But hey, I have 30 upvotes, 265 subscribers and 7000 views!!! *throws confetti*

hehe, I'll update when there are 40 upvotes, 300 subscribers, 9000 views or on the 1st of October, whichever come first :P

(ok I'm being ambitious, but really, only subscribe and upvote if you want to. Honestly, when I first started this fic, I didn't even expect a single upvote of even 50 subscribers, so since I've well surpassed my goals, anything extra is really a bonus and encouragement to write on ^^)

oh this is very important so pls comment and advice me:

SHOULD I MAKE THIS FIC RATED??? O.O

love you

hannahnah