Confession

I Heard You're A Player, So Let's Play A Game

"RIIINNGGGGGG" Jiyong's doorbell rang noisily, making Dara jump straight out of bed to answer the door. She had been sleepless and restless for the past few hours ever since her heated kiss with Jiyong and the interruption by TOP. She had flipped around on the bed non-stop, waiting for Jiyong to return. It had been 4 hours according to the clock that hung above Ji's study table...

---

"Jiyong! Where have you been?" Dara swung the door open quickly and blurted out, her eyes shining with worry.

"Dara... Are you ok? Is something wrong?" Minho's forehead was wrinkled as he gazed at Dara.

"Oh! Minho oppa! Ummm.... Yeah I'm fine... What's up? And... How do you know that I'm here?" Dara rapid-fired her questions at him, a little frazzled from the lack of sleep.

"Dara-ah, I went to your house, but Thunder said that you were here... I didn't realise that it was Jiyong's house..." Minho's voice was as warm as ever as he spoke to her, but turned unnoticeably bitter as he spoke the last two words. His eyes looked everywhere but at Dara. He couldn't take it anymore... Dara at another man's house? What did they do together? Minho didn't dare think...

"Ah... It's just a temporary situation cause I think someone's stalking me at my own house. No matter! So what's up? Dara smiled at Minho, trying to catch his eye that was seemingly fixated on something above her.

"Oh...Oh! Yes, I almost forgot... The school called to say that a huge tree collapsed onto the seniors block and destroyed most of the classrooms, so, school's out for a week!" Minho managed his boyish grin as he looked at Dara. His beautiful Dara...

"That's... weird... It's so weird that something like that would happen huh?" Dara grinned incredulously at Minho, making him catch a breath at her beauty...

Of course a tree didn't collapse on the seniors block. There weren't even trees large enough to destroy a classroom, much less 7 classrooms!

It was a gangfight that had started at a nearby street and had broken into the school, destroying much property in the school such that the seniors block was unrecognizable with bullet and knifemarks.

But Minho couldn't tell her that.

The leader of the gang had somehow managed to buy off everyone in the school and told the lie.

"So, umm... Remember last year? I promised that I would take you on a trip after you graduate from high school? I was thinking... Maybe... We could take this trip now? I mean..." Minho trailed off.

Because I may not make it till next year.

"Please Dara... Please take this trip with me? I've already booked the hotel and all. We're going to Jeju." Minho asked her with pleading eyes.

Minho had never asked anything of her before. And he had never pleaded with her before.

"Yes. Let's go." Dara smiled confidently at her friend.

---

Daylight had just broke in the sky, making it shine purple, pink and yellow. Jiyong had gone to stay in a nearby motel. If he had gone home, he was sure that Dara would not be a by morning... Haiz... But it was just his luck that the motel that he had gone to was a love motel... The screams and moans of from the opposite room kept Jiyong awake all night. On the flipside, it allowed him to think.

He was sure that he was in love with Dara. So what's left was to tell her.

He was already metres away from his house when he realised that the door was open and some guy with black hair was standing at his doorstep.

His first reaction was anger. Why was Dara standing and talking to some guy in that damned baggy white shirt that almost covered her shorts that she wore underneath? It looked like she wore nothing underneath.

His second reaction was jealousy. Why was she smiling like that to some guy other than him?

His third reaction was wonderment. Without makeup, without pretty clothes and shoes, Dara still looked breathtakingly beautiful. Just standing there in the cold autumn wind, her long brown hair trailing in the wind, she looked like a nymph out of a fairytale.

He was just standing there staring, when he saw the man reach for her and engulf her in a tight hug .

Fck.

The man's profile was finally turned towards him. It was Minho.

Nevermind that it was Minho. He recognised the hug. It was the kind that boys gave to girls that they like. It was slightly possessive, slightly gentle, but altogether loving.

Minho likes Dara? Impossible. Jiyong reasoned with himself as he found himself walking nonchalantly towards his own house with a pounding heart and heavy footsteps.

"Ji Oppa! You're back!" Dara broke the hug when she saw Jiyong approaching. Her cheeks were flushed as she gave Jiyong a sweet smile.

"Mm... I'm back." Jiyong looked warily at Minho.

"Jiyong ah... It's been a long while. How are you?" Minho smiled at Jiyong, but his smile never reached his eyes.

"I'm fine. You?" Jiyong said coldly, refusing to look at the older boy. Jiyong stepped closer to Dara and wrapped his hand around her waist nonchalantly, pulling her closer to him, protectively. Over the past few weeks, they had gotten close enough for this action not to mean anything to either of them. But to Minho, it meant everything.

Minho's heart pounded at an unbelievably fast rate, as his eyes burned with rage and jealousy. Still, he could not show it. So he took a deep breath as he tried to focus on Dara's eyes and not on the hand around her waist.

"Oppa, you know each other?" Dara asked Minho.

"Yeh, we met at a club." Minho lied.

Jiyong kept quiet. True, their first meeting was at a club, and it was a memory Jiyong wished he never had.

"Ji! Me and Minho are going on a trip to Jeju!" Dara exclaimed happily as she hopped around on the spot in glee, not noticing the awkward silence that enveloped the two men beside her.

"Wae?!" Jiyong turned in alarm, his hold on her waist tightening.

"It's our graduation trip but we've decided to bring it forward!" Dara was all smiles.

"I'm going too." Jiyong stated.

"NO!!!" Dara and Minho exclaimed at the same time.

"I'm coming." Jiyong's lips twisted into a grim smile. "And I'm calling our friends to come too."

---

When the Kwon leader had made up his mind, there was no stopping him.

Two hours later, Big Bang, 2NE1, Minho and Yoona were packed into three cars and were on their way to the Seoul International Airport.

Jiyong had called Big Bang and 2NE1, but it was the stupidly evil maknae that called Yoona.

Like seriously.

He invited the major teacher of the school. Why???

---

"This is your Captain speaking. We are departing from Seoul International Airport towards Jeju Island in 10 minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for takeoff. We have a good weather today. Estimated time of arrival is 2 hours. I hope you enjoy your journey on YG Airlines." A monotone, practiced voice intoned over the speakers. The 11 people were strapped to their seats in business class and were chatting animatedly across the seats and aisles to chat with each other. Minho and Dara were at the window seats, since Minho had bought the tickets way in advance. Jiyong and Yoona, had secured seats just across the aisle from Minho and Dara. The rest of the gang were seated randomly in the aisles behind.

"Yah Bom! Pass me your earphones!" CL half-yelled across 3 aisles to Bom.

"Taeyang! Can you lend me your neckrest?" Minzy yelled across 5 seats to Taeyang.

Thankfully the plane was full of tolerant people...

---

Minho engaged Dara in a conversation throughout the two-hour trip, making her laugh and truly enjoy herself.

Jiyong couldn't help but frown everytime he heard her beautiful tinkling laugh, so he tried to concentrate on Yoona who was sitting beside him and trying to get his attention.

"Jiyong ah, mm, I know you're younger than me, but can I call you Oppa?" Yoona asked, pouting slightly. She clasped her hands together, making her s seem even more prominent, and batted her long lashes seductively at Jiyong.

Jiyong stared at Yoona's s that were threatening to pop out of her low cut shirt and swallowed.

"Um... Um... yeah, anything that makes you happy..." Jiyong finally tore his eyes away.

---

Dara looked across the aisle at Jiyong, not breaking the conversation with Minho. She was just in time to see Yoona's seductive act on Jiyong and the way he couldn't tear his eyes away from those evil twin peaks.

She frowned and looked back at Minho. Her eyes were suddenly painful and it was as if all the air was suddenly out of the room. Is that the kind of girl that Jiyong likes? Those with a lot of 'assets'?

Dara glanced down at her own chest and released a small sigh.

---

It was mid-afternoon and the sun that penetrated through the cold autumn wind offered minimal warmth to the 11 people as they shivered their way from the airport to the lobby of the hotel.

"Choi Minho sshi? Yeh, we have your reservation here for a single room. But we are all booked out for the week so we really don't have rooms for all of you. Cheongsohabnida..." The receptionist said apologetically as she checked their reservation.

What the...? A single room? Now Jiyong could be sure that Minho had other intentions towards Dara. Everyone was thinking the same thing, but only Dara was kept in the dark as she fretted over the rooms, Minho's head pressed close to hers as they spoke to the receptionist.

"What now? How about we try another hotel-" CL suggested but was cut off by a loud voice,

"JI JI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Without knowing what happened in between, a white figure dashed past them and they suddenly saw Jiyong sprawled on the floor, a petite figure in a long white shift dress and long black hair, on top of him, hugging him tightly.

"Ah, Mirae ah... It's good to see you too..." Jiyong's lungs were knocked out of air from the sudden impact of the hug and the tackle to the ground.

He only knew one girl that did that.

Oh Mirae.

She clambered to her feet quickly and reached out a hand to pull him up. Jiyong, being a man, refused her hand, but she simply leaned forward to grab him into a standing position, surprising everyone with her strength.

"Ji Ji ah! I've missed you!" Mirae reached up to grab both his ears and twisted his head from side to side, inspecting him vigorously. Then she tiptoed to plant a sloppy kiss on his cheek.

Dara gasped loudly in anger. What the? Who the heck did this girl think she was to simply kiss Jiyong so easily?

The girl seemed their age, maybe a year younger? It was hard to tell because the girl was so petite. If she stood beside Dara, Dara was at least half a head taller than the girl!

Dara was about to separate the two when Jiyong pulled away and swiped his cheek with the back of his hand, the tip of his ears turning red from embarrassment.

"Noona!!!! I told you not to do that! It's so embarrassing!" Jiyong stared indignantly at the small girl who simply planted her hands on her hips triumphantly.

"Anyeong! I'm Oh Mirae, and I'm 23 this year! I've known Jiyong since he was in diapers, and I've been abroad studying these few years." Mirae introduced herself confidently.

2NE1's eyes almost popped out when they heard how old Mirae was. But, without missing a beat, Bom smiled professionally and introduced everyone, while Big Bang, Yoona, Minho and 2NE1 were still staring in surprise.    

Ah... A noona... Phew... Dara let out a small sigh of relief as she smiled amicably at the girl.

"Why are you here, Ji Ji?" Mirae turned back to Jiyong who was still vigorously rubbing the part of his cheek that she had kissed.

"Holiday, duh. But we can't get rooms here. Do you know anywhere else that we can go, noona? You've got all the connections around here." Jiyong smiled at his cute noona.

"Of course! Come live with me! My house has plenty of rooms for all of you! It's so rare that you're here in Jeju, so let me host you properly, okay?" Mirae smiled charmingly and waved to 5 men dressed in suits and dark shades, that had materialized out of nowhere to help them with their bags.

"Dara sshi! Yes? You're Dara, right?" Mirae suddenly turned to Dara and asked politely but enthusiastically.

Dara nodded and Mirae squealed and immediately ran over to grab Dara, dragging her away and towards the entrance of the hotel.

Turning back to the rest of them, she instructed, "Pack up and follow me!"

Then, turning back to Dara, she pulled her down to whisper into Dara's ear. "Which boy do you like? Jiyong right?" Mirae asked mischieviously.

Mirae's charms were really starting to win everyone over. Even Dara was slowly starting to like the carefree unnie that smiled at her with a familiar mischievious smile.

Ah, so here's where Jiyong learned his player ways from. Tsk tsk ^^ Dara thought happily.

"Mwoh??? Ani...!" Dara denied vehemently, turning away to face forward so that Mirae couldn't see her blushing face.

"Hmm, ok! If you say so!" Mirae dropped the topic and started talking about fun and random stuff to Dara and the others who had caught up with them, making the atmosphere light and fun.

It was really starting to feel like a real holiday.

---

Oh Mirae was the princess of the largest gang in Busan. After her father retired, she had taken over the 'business'. All the men in the gang had protested strongly against the decision to put a female on the throne, but when Mirae fought and took down 13 men single-handedly, no one said anything anymore. From then on, she won their hearts with respect, kindness and a tinge of ruthlessness.

What Mirae lacked in strength in fighting was made up for with wit, agility and speed. In fact, she was the one that had taught Jiyong how to fight.

Jiyong and her were family friends and knew each other since young. She never had siblings so she treated him like her own brother. She had left to further the 'business' a few years ago. She never wanted to leave because at that time, Jiyong was behaving weirdly. She could never get him to tell her why though...

But now that she saw the Jiyong that she knew, she didn't really care what had happened. After all, everyone needs to grow up right?

She recognised Dara. When Jiyong was around 10 or 11? He could never shut up about his friend that taught him to laugh, taught him to smile and taught him to love. She had sent someone to spy on Dara, and truth be told? Dara was still as young and innocent and beautiful as she was when she was 11.

Dara was the beacon of light that Mirae could never be for Jiyong. And Mirae hoped with all of her heart that Dara was the healing that Jiyong's heart needed after his mother had passed away when he was 5.

---

"No. ..." Seungri muttered as he dropped his bags in the lobby of the grand entrance.

This was no house.

It was a splendid, 55-bedroom PALACE.

People were opening doors and bowing to them from the moment they stepped into the mansion. It had gold adorned pillars, cream curtains that shielded wrought iron framed windows that were 2-metre high, letting the winter light in, illuminating the plush red carpet that covered every walking space. Expensive carvings, furnishings and pictures adorned every surface artistically. The ceilings were high and crystal chandeliers twinkled prettily in the sunlight, throwing rainbows across the rooms and halls.

"Make yourself at home!" Mirae grinned pleasantly as she waved them to sit down on plush, royal purple couches.

The gang was hesitant as they sat down. The couch was so expensive that they didn't want to dirty it or anything.

Only Jiyong plonked himself down on the couch comfortably. "Don't worry guys, she comes from money. Don't have to be shy!" Jiyong grinned.

Everyone sits down.

At this moment, Mirae's eyes met Minho's. A flicker of recognition flashed through her eyes as they widened fractionally.

Minho put one finger to his lip inconspicuously, motioning to her not to say anything. Mirae blinked a few times before returning to her happy self, telling jokes and what not to everyone.

But at the back of her mind rang one thought: Mr K's righthand man.

---

Everyone had settled down in their rooms. Bom with Dara, TOP with Jiyong, Dae with Seungri, Taeyang with Minho, Minzy with CL, and Yoona by herself.

"Knock knock"

"Dara, go get the door!" Bom yelled over a mouthful of soap. They were going to go out and it was Bom's turn to take a shower.

Dara opened the door to see a calm TOP standing at the doorway.

"Dara. I need to talk to you. Is Bom here?" TOP's eyes scanned the room and seemed disappointed that Bom wasn't in sight.

"She's in the toilet. What do you want to talk to me about?" Dara asked.

"Come."

TOP led Dara down a few flights of stairs to a small garden that was pretty secluded.

It was actually a greenhouse. It had transparent green glass for the walls and ceiling, letting the sparse winter sun in, lighting up the place. The garden was warm and slightly humid, as if frozen in summer time. Bright, big blooms of flowers blossomed among leafy greens in the magnificent but small garden.

The pair walked to the centre of the garden, where a small marble fountain stood, spewing water silently.

"Dara... I have a confession to make..." TOP started.

"Wait! Don't say it! I have a confession too!" Dara blurted out. Her eyes were wide, and her cheeks slightly flushed in the humidity.

The bush that was slightly to their right rustled slightly. The pair glanced over at it, but ignored it.

TOP looked back at Dara expectantly. "Um, ok, you go first then."

With large hazel eyes filled with nervousness, Dara said, "I used to like you. But now... I think I like Jiyong... So please don't be in love with me!" Dara's voice became more pleading as she neared the end of her sentence.

To her surprise, she saw TOP bite back a grin. His smile was wide as he bit on his lower lip to prevent himself from laughing.

"Yah! What's so funny!" Dara pouted in confusion and slight annoyance. She had like TOP for the first two weeks of school because he had been nice, and she thought that he was hot and all...

"Wait... You used to have a crush on me? Haha, when was that? And you know something, I used to like you too, in the first two weeks that you came, but not anymore, so don't worry okay?" TOP's eyes sparkled in amusement as he saw Dara's shoulders slump with relief.

The leaves on the bush to their right rustled again before being still. Hmm, how odd. The pair glanced at it again but shrugged and continued their conversation.

"Oh, by the way, I totally knew that you were crushing on Jiyong." TOP had a triumphant smile on as he leaned forward to whisper into her ear, making Dara blush even harder.

"But, I'll keep quiet for now. I need you to help me with something." TOP pulled away and said, suddenly serious.

"I have a crush on Bom."

 

Silence

 

Silence

 

Silence

 

They stared at each other, TOP waiting for Dara's response, and Dara in shock at the confession.

"You have a crush on BOMMIE??? THAT'S FANTASTIC!!! LET'S GO TELL HER NOW!!!" Dara squealed in delight and jumped around happily.

"I can't." TOP's voice suddenly became soft and meek as he looked down.

"She has that boyfriend. Jonghyun. But he's not a good guy. I mean... I'm not a very good guy too, but... ARGHHHHH THIS IS SO CONFUSING!!! Anyway... she doesn't like me..." TOP ran his hands through his hair in frustration, messing it up.

Dara looked at TOP sadly. She knew what he meant. Somehow, she felt the same way... She saw the way Yoona pouted and acted cute with Jiyong and Jiyong didn't do anything or push her away. She saw how Yoona liked to squeal and jump around so that her s would jiggle maniacally in her low-cut tight-fit shirt, and how Jiyong was looking at her assets... It made Dara feel... Inadequate...

"Tabi. I have an idea. You want to win Bommie's heart, and I want to win Jiyong's heart for the bet, so here's what I think we should do..."        

---

Jiyong had wanted to check if Dara and Bom were well settled in their room and was about to go check when he saw TOP and Dara come out from the room. It looked serious, so Jiyong decided to follow then to see what's up.

They entered a greenhouse and so Jiyong sneaked in too. They stood in front of a water fountain, and Jiyong immediately hid behind a nearby bush.

He strained to hear their conversation but he was too far and they were too soft.

"I have a confession..." Jiyong suddenly heard Dara's clear voice. He lost his balance and fell into the bush, making the bush rustle. Afraid that he would get caught, he grabbed the branches of the bush desperately, stilling the bush.

The pair's murmuring continued and Jiyong sighed in relief silently at not being discovered.

"I like you..." It was Dara's voice.

Oh God... What? Jiyong's mind went blank.

"I like you too..." It was TOP's deep tenor voice.

Too surprised, Jiyong fell into the bush a second time. He regained his balance almost immediately and looked through the leaves to check if they noticed anything suspicious. They ignored the bush, but then he saw his best friend TOP leaning closer and closer to Dara, seemingly planting a kiss on her cheek. He saw her blush red.

He couldn't hear anymore. He didn't want to hear or see anything else. Silently, Jiyong left the greenhouse.

If anything, I have made up my mind. I love you, Sandara Park. I want you to be my girl. I don't care if you and TOP love each other, but I don't want you to leave my side. And I will do everything in my ability to make you fall in love with me.

Jiyong gritted his teeth in determination and walked out of the greenhouse.