Remembering Innocence

I Heard You're A Player, So Let's Play A Game

---

"KWON JIYONG, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY PHONE???!!!" A loud cry from Dara startled Jiyong, making him drop her phone. She immediately dived for it and picked it up.

They were in Jiyong's house. He had handed her some clothes when they arrived and told her to get a shower.

He was holding onto her bag the whole time. His curious self decided to look into her bag while she was bathing and see what kind of things and activities such as hobbies she engaged in.

Yet to his utmost surprise, when he switched on the phone, he found himself looking at an a novel.

He was just in the midst of reading it and was so absorbed in it, feeling very hot, that he did not hear Dara come out from the shower.

Dara flipped her screen on and saw what Jiyong was reading -- an a novel that she was in the midst of writing...

CRAP.

Dara, who was kneeling on the ground in order to save her phone from the drop, slowly turned her head to look at Jiyong. He was smirking evilly, a familiar naughty grin lighting up his eyes.

He took one step towards her.

RUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dara's thoughts screamed.

So she jumped up to her feet and ran to the toilet.

Before she could slam the door shut, one hand stopped the door and pushed it open.

Jiyong entered the toilet, invading Dara's private space for the second time that day.

He stepped in, closed the door and locked it. For the second time that day.

Hmm, it seemed like Jiyong still enjoyed trapping Dara in small tight spaces as he did two years ago. Dara thought wordlessly as her breath caught in .

He took one step towards her.

She took one step back.

He leaned forward.

She leaned back.

Her bare thighs felt the cold marbled bathtub behind her.

He leaned closer.

Startled, she tried to move back and almost fell into the bathtub headfirst.

He reached for her waist, pulling her to sit securely on the edge of the bathtub. He placed his hands at her sides and grinned.

"You look good in my clothes." He said simply, his face inches away from hers.

Her face burned with embarrassment as she remembered what Jiyong had just read. She averted her gaze and took to staring at the wall on his right instead.

"Hmm... In my shirt and boxers, you look too innocent. Too innocent to be the girl that I first met at the club a week ago. Too innocent to be reading such novels..." His words lingered in the air suggestively, making Dara blush an impossible shade of red.

He secretly bit the inside of his cheek to stop from laughing at her cuteness.

"Come on now, don't be shy. If it makes you feel better, I read those things too." Jiyong chuckled at her continued silence. "In fact," Jiyong's voice dropped to a whisper, "I have a stash of . Would you like to see them?"

Dara's eyes flew back to Jiyong's face, her face a mask of horror and shock at his suggestion.

Jiyong spluttered out a laugh and he stepped back, his eyes alight with amusement. "Ok, ok, I'm just kidding." He held his hands up in a sign of surrender, but the wicked grin never left his boyish face.

"W...W...Whatever... I'm going to sleep." Dara mumbled as she got up and pushed past Jiyong, getting out of the toilet.

Jiyong poked his head out of the toilet and saw her climbing into his huge bed, drawing up the covers and closing her eyes.

He grinned widely, but his grin faded as he suddenly had a flashback.

---

These two years, ever since his major car accident, he had always felt something missing in him. As if a part of his soul was missing. When he asked his friends -- the closest he had to family -- they denied anything outside his memory. But Jiyong kept having dreams.

Dreams of a faceless girl, faceless in his memory, but he just had a feeling that she was impeccably beautiful. He remembered kissing the faceless girl, talking late nights with her, going on mini-dates with her, sweet-talking, giving each other nicknames he couldn't remember. He remembered the warmth of their kisses and hugs. He remembered that her voice was sweet whenever he called to say good morning and goodnight.

But his memories was short, incomplete and fleeting. They came and left, leaving behind only dreams and a headache.

But when Jiyong asked his best friend, TOP, if he ever had a girlfriend, TOP would deny it with his life.

Yet this girl, Santtokki, reminded him of that faceless girl.

It was only a feeling, but the feeling was strong. It stirred his heart and made the flashbacks clearer and more frequent.

---

Shaking off the weird feeling and thoughts, Jiyong ed his shirt and climbed into bed beside ssantokki. He s an arm around her waist, waiting for her reaction, but when there was none, he left his hand there, pulling her closer to his body so he could feel her warmth.

She turned to face him, her eyes bright and awake.

They had a very hypnotizing quality in them as she gazed unmovingly at him.

Now it was his turn to feel nervous.

"W...What?" He stuttered, suddenly feeling a flush rise to his ears.

"Do you know my name?" Dara suddenly asked in a soft voice.

"Yeah, it's ssantokki right? Though I never understood why your parents gave you a name that included the word 'rabbit'..." He said, his brows creased in confusion.

"No, my name is not Ssantokki. That's my stage name." She interrupted him, her eyes eager and desperate all at once. She reached into her shirt and pulled out the pendant that hung on the necklace that she always wore. It was a jewel encrusted rabbit.

"Someone very important to me gave this to me and nicknamed me "Ssantokki". My real name is Sandara Park. You used to call me Dara."

---

It was as if an arrow struck Jiyong's heart when he heard her name.

It was as if someone out all the air in the room in that instant.

It was as if he hated himself for actually forgetting the most important person in his life.

Jiyong remembered staring at Dara with wide, surprised eyes.

He remembered that her face was full of hope when she said her name.

Then his world went bright red and purple, then black.

---

Jiyong's world was blur yet bright as it came into focus.

"Yahhh!!! He's awake!!!" He heard TOP's deep voice call out as his mind adjusted to the brightness.

"Mm... What happened?" He slurred, his voice slightly rusty from disuse.

"Dude! You fainted on Dara! She was so scared! And you were out like a light for three whole days! No wait hold on, she's outside. I'll just go and let her in. She's not been eating nor sleeping because she has been waiting for you to wake up-" TOP went on and on and was about to go fetch Dara when he was interrupted.

"NO. Don't." Jiyong's voice lashed out like a whip. The air fizzled with tension as TOP stared at Jiyong's face. Jiyong's face was drawn tight with an emotion that TOP could not place. And TOP took pride in knowing their leader inside out.

"W...Wae? Is something wrong? Did something happen?" Top asked warily, his eyes never leaving Jiyong's face, waiting for some change in mind in his best friend.

"I don't want to see her. Ever again. Please leave, Tabi Hyung, I want to rest." Jiyong said harshly before turning away from TOP and drawing the covers over his shoulders.

He heard TOP's hesitation and soft sigh, then finally fading footsteps and the metallic click of the hospital door.

Through the thin walls of the hospital, Jiyong heard his best friend's deep, persuading voice. He heard Dara's soft, melodious voice, cracked and sad. Finally, he heard nothing but his own blood pulsing in his ears.

"I'm sorry Dara... I don't want to hurt you. I thought that the only way I could protect you was by being the most powerful man in the country... But I was wrong. I indirectly killed your parents. The only person that you should be protected from is me..." Jiyong thought as pain shot through his heart.

A single tear fell from his long, sweeping lashes onto the white sterile pillow.

---

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Author's note 

Hi guys!

A little short update to say "HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!"