Chapter 14

Twelve Hot Aliens! [~]

 

"Seohyun unnie!" You called when you arrived at the restaurant that you've been working for. You walked straight to the counter and saw her with a black skirt and pink blouse. She flashed a smile at you when you stood beside her, "Eunbyul! Good evening!"

 

"Good evening, unnie. Sorry that I'm a bit late. I had to settle a few things at my house just now," you told her. The aliens were making noises and chaos in the house before you left to work. You had to stop them from creating any mess in your house or it was going to be worst. You even warned them to behave when you were not around and told Suho to take a good care of s. You did remind Kris about it but he was being silence while sitting on a couch.

 

"It's okay. Anyway, can you help me to get their orders?" Seohyun pointed at a table beside a window. You shifted your attention and saw the customers. You nodded your head, "Sure!" You quickly grabbed a notebook and pen before heading to them.

 

As usual, you would be working once you had finished with your school and left the aliens in your house and didn't have any ideas what were they going to do when you were not around. You just hoped that the leaders could control all of them from doing anything bad. As long as they won't burn the whole house!

 

Time passed and you were a bit tired doing your works. Luckily, a few customers were left in the restaurant and they were still enjoying their meals. You went to the counter and took a seat on a chair; beside Seohyun.

 

"Tired?" She asked when she saw you sighed. "A bit," you replied. She smiled, "You're so hardworking. You can still be at here though you're tired with your classes."

 

"It's nothing, unnie. I'm fine." You flashed a smile and your eyes trailed to find someone. "Unnie, I haven't see Myungsoo oppa ever since I'm here. Where did he go?"

 

Seohyun sighed, "This is what I'm going to tell you, dear."

 

Your eyes were locked on her face. She seemed so serious and turned to face with you, "Myungsoo told me that he can't work for a week since he needs to meet his grandparents at his hometown."

 

"…And?" You eyed her.

 

"And we need another three workers. You know, we're searching for two workers at the moment and all of sudden, Myungsoo had to go back to his hometown and he said it's emergency. It's going to be hard for not having enough workers." Seohyun told her problems while letting out her big sigh. You pressed your lips together, feeling bad to see herself in the situation.

 

But then, your mind thought about something. You smiled.

 

"Unnie! You don't have to worry about it because I'll handle this for you!" You said, enthusiastically. Feeling very sure with your words. She frowned, "Are you serious? I don't want you to feel burden for doing it for me."

 

You shook your head, "No. It's not! Besides, I have a few friends and I think that they can help us!" You winked as you stood up, giving a soft pat on her shoulder. "And I'll bring them tomorrow! I'm promise!" You continued and left her at the counter. She raised a brow, "Friends? I thought she used to tell me once that she didn't have any friends in her school." Seohyun thought in her mind.

 

---

 

"Work with you?!" Luhan looked at you with a 'are-you-serious' look. You nodded your head and eyed them one by one who was still speechless with your offer. "Yup. Work with me because the place that I'm working right now needs another three workers at the moment."

 

"So, only three of us will have the chance to work with you?" Chen interrupted. You nodded again, "That's right. Only three of you."

 

"That's not fair! You should bring twelve of us with you!" Sehun pouted.

 

"It's just a small restaurant. Not that big to pay twelve of you!" You replied. Still, Sehun kept pouting and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

"So, who are going with you?" Suho asked, hoping that he would be chosen to work with you. You tapped your chin while looking at the aliens who were waiting for your answer. You smirked, "Well, I'm not going to pick three of you just like that."

 

"What do you mean?" Kai lifted up his head to look at your face when you stood up from your seat.

 

"I'm giving you a chance for today to be nice with me and behave yourselves. Show to me that you can really act like normal humans. I don't want my boss to get shocked to see your attitudes when you're working with her." You explained. Some of them complained and even muttered under their breathe about it.

 

You chuckled, "And I'll choose three of you to work with me; tomorrow. Take it or leave it." You said.

 

"Count me in," Kai raised his hand. Baekhyun saw him and he quickly did the same, "Me too!"

 

"Don't forget me! I'll do the best for you!" Tao interrupted.

 

"No! I'll do better!" Chen shouted.

 

"I will do anything for you, boss!" Chanyeol said, earning a glare from you, "I'm not your boss."

 

"No. You're my boss," Chanyeol stood and bowed at you. You couldn't help but chuckled to see his attitude. You saw all of them were raising their hands, saying that they wanted to do like what you said and agreed with it. And there was another alien who sat on other couch, being quiet.

 

"Kris?" You looked at him and raised a brow. He lifted his head and met his eyes with yours, "Up to you." He said. You shrugged, "Alright then. Since all of you agreed with it, we'll start it from now. And I'll choose three of you. Remember, just three of you." You eyed them one by one. They nodded their heads like kids before you headed to the kitchen but Chanyeol blocked your way.

 

"Boss, let me give you a piggyback. You can't step on the floor. It's cold," Chanyeol said. You rolled your eyes and the other aliens laughed to see him. "Chanyeol, stop calling me 'boss'. Besides, I told you to act like normal human, not treating me like a princess."

 

"But you're our princess, boss."

 

"Stop it!"

 

"No, I can't. Get on my back, boss." Chanyeol bent in front of you, waiting for you to climb on him. You sighed, "Oh my God, don't treat me like this!"

 

"I can carry you if you want!" Kai added. You glared at him, "No, thanks."

 

But then, Chanyeol and Kai started to bicker to carry you and you were standing there, rolling your eyes. "Guys, stop treating me like a princess, alright? I told you to act like normal humans. That's all." You said before leaving both of them at there.

 

"Come on, show her that we can act like normal humans." Chen said to s as he left the living room. Lay carved a small smile, thinking that was a good chance for him to get closer with you.

 

As what you told to them, they did like what you said. They behaved very well and showed that they could act like normal humans. But there were a few parts they would bicker over silly thing. D.O and Lay would cook for dinner. Chanyeol, Chen and Baekhyun helped to clean the living room.

 

Sehun, Tao and Kai weren't being too noisy when they watched the television together and you didn't even hear them fighting over their favorite channels.

 

Kris, as always, he would sit alone on the couch and sometimes, he went to the room and just stayed in there to rest. But for you, he was the only alien that acted really like normal human and you didn't have to think much about him.

 

Suho, Luhan and Xiumin were in the room, completing the homework.

 

You smiled to see that the house became calm without noises. At least, your plan worked very well and they listened to your words.

 

"Eating time!" D.O shouted from the kitchen and everyone rushed to the dining room, taking their seats around the table. All of you enjoyed the time to eat those foods without any noises but at the same time, you felt a bit awkward when there was no one talking.

 

You pouted, "Why are you guys being so silence? Say something."

 

"Didn't you tell us to act like human?" Baekhyun asked. "I did but not being quiet without saying anything. It's bored when you're not talking or make any jokes," you complained.

 

"But, we thought that we can't talk," Luhan added. You sighed, "Guys, I didn't mean in that way. I just wanted you to act like normal humans. But you can still talk and jokes around with each others."

 

They understood with your words and nodded their heads. "Ehe, sorry about that, Byul." Tao scratched his not-so-itchy head. You smiled, "It's okay. Alright, let's finish with our foods before we go to sleep." You said to them and continued to eat the food in your plate.

 

Once you had done, you went to wash the dishes in the sink and there was Lay, offering to help you.

 

"It's okay, Lay. I can do it. You already cooked the foods so it's my turn to wash the dishes," you rubbed a plate in your hands and Lay just watched as he stood beside you.

 

"I'll rinse the plates," he said, trying to help you. You smiled to know that he wanted to help you on that time. You didn't say much and let him rinsed the plates when you have finished rubbed it.

 

"Did you call your mom?" Lay broke the silence situation between both of you. You gave him a nod, "Yeah. She told me that she didn't know when she's going back home."

 

"Your grandfather is still sick?" You answered him with a nod. He knew that you missed your mom so badly and wanted her to be by your side. "Be patience. I'm pretty sure he'll be alright."

 

"I hope so. I wish to see him but I can't. Exam just in a few months and my mom wants me to focus."

 

"It's for your own future. She wants to see you achieve your dreams," Lay said. You gave a small smile but then bit your lower lip. What he said was right. You really wished to be a doctor and you knew that you had to study hard to achieve what you wanted.

 

"Don't bit your lip like that. It's going to bleed you know," Lay snapped you back to the reality when he noticed that you have been biting it hard. You let out a soft chuckle, "It's my habit."

 

"I know," Lay replied with his dimple smile. You adored to see that face. His smile, his eyes and his dimples. He looked so good-looking. How can he be so adorable?

 

It was 11 p.m. and the time for you to sleep. You dragged your legs lazily to the upstairs and headed straight to your bedroom. You threw yourself on the bed and closed your eyes. You were too tired and just wanted to get your beauty sleep. You didn't care with the aliens who were still being awake that night.

 

Finally, you went to your dreamland while hugging your bolster. By that time, Lay opened the door and he smiled to see you were sleeping peacefully on the bed. He saw that you were too tired as he moved closer to the bed.

 

He bent down to examine your face. You're such a hardworking girl. A girl like you should be enjoying your teenage life. I'm promise, I'll help you to gain some money so you don't have to be the only one who need to work hard..

 

Lay caressed your hair and he gave a soft peck on your forehead. He smiled before leaving the room and closed the door.

 

---

 

"Eunbyul! Hurry up! We want to know the result!" Sehun was so excited to know who would be getting the chance to work with you.

 

You took a seat on a couch, eyeing them before taking a deep breathe, "Firstly, let me honest with you. I really wish to choose and bring all of you but I can't." D.O shook his head, "It's okay, Byul. We can still take of the house when you're not around." He replied with a smile. You thanked him.

 

"So…." You looked at them and they were getting curious to know. "…I'm choosing, Lay oppa, Luhan oppa and Baekhyun oppa." You said the names and didn't realized that you called them as 'oppa'.

 

"M-Me?!!" Baekhyun pointed at himself and looked so happy to know about it. Some of them were frustrated to know that they were not chosen. Well, not for Kris. He acted so calm as if it was nothing to be frustrated about.

 

"W-Wait! Did you just call us 'oppa'?" Luhan's eyes rounded and by that time, you realized about that. Your cheeks pinked to remember about it and you could hear they were cheering for it.

 

"E-Err, guys-"

 

"ThankyousomuchEunbyul!" Baekhyun gave you a tight hug and he was so happy with it. You saw Sehun, Tao and Kai were pouting and not even bothered to look at your face. You knew that they were hoping that you would pick them.

 

"Sehun oppa, Kai oppa, Tao oppa," you called their names one by one and looked at their faces. Kai tried not to show how happy he was to  hear it but he controlled himself not to show it in front of you.

 

"I'm sorry if the result hurt any of you but trust me, I really want to bring all of you but I can't." You felt guilty.

 

"But I'm promise that I'll bring you guys the mall and treat ice cream," you continued. Sehun and Tao smiled widely upon hearing it. "Really?!"

 

You nodded, "Yeah. We'll go to the mall next week and I'll treat you guys," you replied. They cheered with it and even forgot what made them to become sad earlier. You chuckled to see them, "Well, I'll be leaving now. Suho oppa, take care of them and call me if you need anything."

 

Suho nodded his head at your words and you grabbed your bag, looking at Lay, Luhan and Baekhyun, "Let's go or we'll be late." You said and headed to the main door. Three of them followed you and couldn't wait to start their day as the new workers.

 

---

 

"Seohyun unnie, these are my friends that I told to you yesterday. They're here to work with us." You said to Seohyun when Lay, Luhan and Baekhyun stood beside you, bowing at her. Seohyun smiled, "Ah really? I'm glad that you guys are here. At least, I won't have to think much about this." Seohyun said.

 

"Oh, let me introduce them. This is Lay," you pointed at Lay who stood beside you and then shifted to Luhan, "That one is Luhan and the one who is standing next to him is Baekhyun." You introduced them to her. Seohyun carved a smile and tried to remember the names by looking at their faces.

 

"And this is Seohyun unnie. The one that I told to you earlier," you continued while introducing her to them. They nodded their heads and smiled at her.

 

"Alright then, since we have the new workers, let's get started with our works!" Seohyun spoke out and you gave her a nod. With then, you brought three of the aliens to show them what they needed to do.

 

They did their works without having any problems and you were glad to see that they could be so hardworking when they were doing their own works. Baekhyun , Luhan and Lay helped each other and always get alert when there were new customers entered the restaurant.

 

"It's good to see them being alert with everything." Seohyun whispered to you. You smiled while wiping the dishes. "Yeah. At least, they can help us at the moment."

 

"I didn't know that you have such of good-looking friends like them." Seohyun looked at you, raising a brow. You faked  a giggle. You couldn't simply tell her the truth. She might think that you were being crazy, talking about aliens.

 

"Actually, they're the new students in my school. And they're my new friends," you said. Seohyun nodded her head, "I see. I'm glad to know that you have them as your friends."

 

She was right. Ever since they came into your life, they treated you so well and protected you all the times. Maybe, you were the luckiest girl to meet them in your life. Your lips curled upwards a bit when your eyes shifted to look at Luhan, Baekhyun and Lay.

 

The restaurant was about to close in half an hour and there were a few customers left before all of you could clean and arrange everything.

 

You saw Luhan was at the counter, sitting on a chair without doing anything since he just needed to wait until the last customers finished with their meals. You went to him before taking a seat beside him. Lay and Baekhyun were in the kitchen, doing their works.

 

"Luhan oppa," you called. He turned to look at you with a smile. "Yes, Byul."

 

You bit your lower lip, thinking either you should ask him a question that you've been wondering for many times before. You played with your fingers and gazed down at the floor; feeling a bit nervous. He titled his head, "Is there something wrong, Byul?"

 

"..Oppa," you lifted up your head to meet with his eyes. "C-Can I ask you something?"

 

"You already did," he joked. You let out a soft chuckle when he said that. "Alright, shoot me the questions. I'll answer it." Luhan continued.

 

You smiled, "..Actually, it's about Kris oppa."

 

"Kris?"

 

"Yes." "What's wrong with him?"

 

You took a deep breathe when Luhan stared at you with a frown. "Why is he treating me like he hates me? I..I don't think I did anything wrong on him ever since we met for the first time."

 

Luhan knew why would you ask him such of question like that. Kris has been treating you so cold and never talked with you like the other members.

 

"Do you really want to know the reason why he's being like that?"

 

You nodded your head slowly, "Yeah. If only you don't mind to tell me about it."

 

"But, promise me, you will keep it by yourself. I trust you a lot," Luhan spoke. "I'm promise. I won't."

 

He carved a small smile, "Good then." He breathed in and gazed at you, "Let me tell you something. Kris is a good person and he's kind. I've known him for such a long time. He used to be joking and smiling around his friends. But everything changed when something happened on him."

 

"What..happened on..him?" You asked, curiously. He sighed, "Kris lost his lover last three years ago. He didn't expect that she would be leaving him forever."

 

"His lover? What happened with her?" You frowned.

 

"She died. She was killed when she was about to save Kris. She sacrificed herself for him."

 

You heard about it and felt sorry because of it. You never knew that Kris changed after his lover died.

 

"So, he changed to be a cold-hearted ever since she died?"

 

Luhan answered that question with a nod. "Kris became cold towards girls because he's scared in case one day he'll fall in love with another girl and she might end up to be the same like his lover."

 

"But he can't be like that for such a long time."

 

"I know. He still blame on himself and said he was the one who caused the death."

 

You sighed, "He's not. Poor Kris oppa. I can understand how does he feel. Losing someone that we love."

 

You remembered the day when your father died and your brother left the house. You wished that it wouldn't happen on you. You missed both of them but you couldn't do anything. It was fated to be in that way.

 

"Kris need to open up with everyone. He's just too scared that the same thing will repeat again."

 

"He will open up, one day. And it might takes time for him to change back as before." You said and gave a soft pat on his shoulder. Luhan carved a smile for you and his eyes were locked with yours. He knew that one day, Kris would change. I miss the old Duizhang..

 

Your mind thought about Kris. You felt guilty. You always cursed him in your mind because of his cold attitude but after knowing the truth from Luhan, you felt bad for doing that though he hurt your feelings a lot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know, one day, he will open up with me.. If only I can comfort and tell him that it wasn't his fault because of her death..

 

 


 

A/N: New chapter posted! Sorry if it's T_T And yeah, the reason why Kris has been acting cold on Eunbyul has been revealed! And thanks for subscribing .. I'm glad you guys still love with the story though i feel it sometimes.. /sobs/ :"(

Anyway, I made a oneshot about Kris so, do check it out :) The Name I Loved .. Any errors will be corrected later. ^^ Leave ur feedbacks, readers! Till the next update! <333 

 

 

See ya!! ;3