Chapter 12

Twelve Hot Aliens! [~]

 

You had your free time when you were in school. You grabbed a few books with you to go to the library as you decided to do some revisions. Some of your classmates were in the class and kept being noisy and that made you felt hard to focus with your revision.

 

Kai saw you were about to stand up and he stopped you by holding your wrist. You looked at his face. "Where are you going?" He asked.

 

"To the library. I can't do revision when they're too noisy," you complained and held your books across your chest. Kai smiled and quickly grabbed his book, "Then, I'll go with you!"

 

"B-But.." "It's okay. I'd prefer to study with you," he winked. You felt a few girls were throwing glares at you when they saw Kai was holding your wrist and he looked happy whenever both of you talked. Kai never showed that side of him when he was around with the other girls.

 

"Kai-ah.." "Call me 'oppa'," Kai interrupted with a smirk. You sighed, "Whatever." You ignored him and just left the classroom. The other EXO members saw you left the room and headed to Kai.

 

"Where is she going?" Chanyeol asked, getting curious.

 

"To the library. I'm going to join her!" Kai hurriedly took his books and chased you. Kris groaned, "Can he stop following her around?"

 

Chen gave a soft pat on the leader's shoulder, "He just want to protect her."

 

"Then, let's follow them!" Chanyeol said it while grinning. Kris was about to protest but Chanyeol was quick enough to pull him out from the classroom. Luhan, D.O and Chen couldn't say anything and just followed them to the library.

 

You were in the library, searching for a book that you wanted at the bookshelf. Your fingers brushed through all the books as you searched for it. And your lips curled upwards when you've found it.

 

"Finally!" You said and tried to reach for it but it was placed too high and hard for you to take it. You pouted.

 

"Geez, I can't even take it," you muttered under your breathe while turning your head to the left and right to find a small chair so that you could use it. But there was nowhere to be founded. You sighed.

 

"Aish, never mind. I'll try to get it again," you tip-toed and your right hand was reaching for it. You bit your lower lip and your fingers almost touched the book. "You…can…get…it…" You said between your breathe.

 

By that time, you saw another hand took the book from the bookshelf. You stopped to tip-toe and spun around to look at the person who 'stole' the book. He was smiling at you as he was gazing down to look at your flawless face. You were shocked. Your heart thumped when he was standing too close with you. Your cheeks pinked as he stared at you.

 

"K-Kai…" You said his name in stutter. Your eyes weren't looking at him instead you gazed at the floor. Kai chuckled, "Here's your book," he gave you the book and you took it from his hand. "T-Thanks…"

 

"You should eat more foods with calcium, Byul." He joked at your height. You pouted, "Don’t tease me. I know I'm shorter than you."

 

Kai chuckled and ruffled your head, "You're cute. Call me if you need my help to get any books that you wanted," he winked but you just stuck your tongue out, "I'd rather ask for Chanyeol's help since he's taller than you."

 

"Kris hyung is the tallest." "Psh. He won't help me, though." You rolled your eyes.

 

"Kai, you know, you can flirt with her later. This is a library," Kris suddenly interrupted both of you with his hands were in his pockets. You gulped to see him standing at the bookshelf with his cold-look. But then, he left both of you at there while rolling his eyes. As if he was annoyed.

 

"Psh, weird hyung," Kai mocked the leader when he left. You slapped his shoulder, "Stop it, Kai." He laughed, "Relax. It's not like he's going to kill me." Kai said and left you, heading to the table where his friends were sitting. You let out a big sigh while biting your lip, "Kris is weird. Really weird."

 

You took a seat beside Chen and your eyes gazed at the six EXO members. Each of them was holding a book in their hands. Your eyes met with Kris but he wasn't looking at you. His eyes were focused on the content of the book.

 

You were sitting across with Kai. The library was silence without any noises and there were Luhan and Chen, laughing over something. You glared at them, "Guys, this is library. Keep quiet." You said. They shut their mouths, "Sorry, Eunbyul. Chen's jokes are too funny," Luhan said, holding his laughter. You shook your head with their attitudes and continued to do your revision.

 

Chanyeol was a bit sleepy and he was resting his head on the table while clicking a pen with his hand. You get annoyed with the sound and landed your eyes on him, "Chanyeol-ah, can you stop clicking that thing?"

 

He lifted up his head to look at your face, "I'm bored." "But it's noisy," you replied. Chanyeol put the pen back on the table and rested his head again on the table, "Fine."

 

You sighed and were about to continue but someone approached with a smile plastered on his face. He grinned when you looked up at him. "Hi, Eunbyul," Daehyun said. You smiled awkwardly and glanced at the EXO members who were staring at Daehyun, "Ehe, hi!"

 

"So, can I join with you?" He asked. You were going to answer but Luhan cleared his throat, "Excuse me?"

 

"Oh, sorry. I mean, can I join with you guys?" Daehyun eyed the six aliens who were at the same table with you. Chanyeol showed 'x' with his arms, "Nu-uh. There's no seat for you," he said. Daehyun smiled, "It's okay. I got one," Daehyun pulled a chair from another table. D.O groaned, "Why is he joining us?" He whispered at Kai but he could only shrug. Kai's eyes were still on Daehyun who was sitting at the head of the table.

 

"Who told you to sit with us?" Kai asked. You looked at him, "Kai..it's okay. Let him join us."

 

Daehyun grinned and put his book on the table, "Thanks, Eunbyul. So, I heard that you guys are the new students."

 

"We are," Luhan said.

 

"It's nice to see you guys. By the way, I'm Daehyun," He introduced himself. Kris rolled his eyes to see him and he ignored him.

 

"I'm Kai," he said and shook his hands with Daehyun. All of them introduced themselves to him except Kris who remained like a statue with a book in his hands. Everyone at the table was looking at him.

 

Chanyeol laughed awkwardly and patted on Kris's shoulder, "Ehehe, this is Kris. Our leader. He's a bit quiet. So, yeah," Chanyeol introduced the leader to Daehyun. Kris glared at Chanyeol when he kept patting him like a puppy. When Chanyeol noticed with his glare, he stopped to pat and shut his mouth from laughing too much. By then, Kris shifted his attention back to the book. Daehyun just gave a small smile.

 

You didn't talk much instead you continued to do your revision again. Your eyes were focused on the book and wrote a few notes in your notebook.

 

While Kai was reading his book, he saw that Daehyun was looking at your face. He wasn't focusing to read his book. Kai gritted his teeth and brushed Daehyun's books on the table purposely without him seeing it.

 

The books fell on the floor and it caught all eyes around the table to see it, including you.

 

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Kai said and bent down to pick up those books with Daehyun. "It's okay," was what Daehyun said when picking up the books. Kai rolled his eyes but Daehyun didn't see it at all. Both of them straightened up and you eyed Kai. His eyes were glaring at Daehyun as if he was about to burn a hole. Why is he glaring at him? That's weird..

 

"Eunbyul-ah, do you have a pen? I forgot to bring my pencil case," Daehyun snapped you back to the reality. You nodded your head, "Ah, yeah. I have one," you gave him a pen and he thanked for it.

 

You focused back to read and could hear that D.O was chatting with Kai but it wasn't too loud to disturb your time to study. Then, Daehyun called your name, again.

 

You looked at him, "Yes?" He carved a small smile, "Can I…borrow your highlighter?"

 

Kai was staring at you and him. He didn't like to see how Daehyun kept calling for your name just to borrow a few things from you. You didn't utter any words instead took a highlighter beside your book but Chen stopped you from doing so. He grabbed his pencil case and gave it to Daehyun.

 

"Just in case you need to borrow anything, you can take it from my pencil case," Chen said. Luhan and Chanyeol held their laughter from bursting in the library. They knew that he didn’t want you to be disturbed by him. Daehyun smiled awkwardly, "Ehe, thanks, Chen." He said, taking a highlighter from the pencil case.

 

You saw they were looking at each other while smiling and there was Kai, giving thumbs up for Chen; secretly.

 

Okay, these aliens are really something. Weird!

 

------

 

"Look, why did you do that?" You asked Chen when you were sitting at the living room with the others. Chen raised his eyebrow, "Did what?"

 

"Giving your pencil case to Daehyun. He was just asking for a highlighter,not a pencil case!"

 

"That's because he kept bothering your time to study, Byul," Kai interrupted and munched some snacks. You rested your hands on your waist. "And I saw you guys were staring at him when he joined us, especially Kai!" You pointed at Kai. He just blinked his eyes and acted nothing, "Me?"

 

"Yeah. What made you to stare at him like that, uh? Did he do something wrong?"

 

"Of course! He was trying to disturb you and us! There were a lot of places for him to seat but he chose to sit with us!" Kai complained.

 

"Wait…are you guys going to tell me that you were protecting me from him?"

 

They looked at each other when you asked the question. Nobody dares to tell the reason why would they register to be in your school. Of course, it was because of Daehyun. They didn't want him to get closer with you as they promised to protect you.

 

"We…" Suho bit his lower lip and rubbed behind his neck.

 

"What?!" You shouted. Tao pouted, "We just wanted to protect you from that guy!" A smack landed on his head. It was from Luhan. "Why did you tell her the truth?" Tao winced in pain, "Because she was asking for it!" "Idiot!"

 

"That guy is Daehyun, okay. You don't have to protect me from him." You crossed your arms across your chest, "He's a nice guy."

 

"But-" Before Baekhyun could say his words, you cut it off, "Treat him well. Because I know, you're good aliens. And good aliens doesn't hurt nice humans, right?" You finished your words before heading to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

 

Kai and Sehun leaned against the couch while pouting, "See? We have to treat him very well from now on." Kai said.

 

"If only Tao hyung didn't tell the truth," Sehun added. Tao glared, "Excuse me? Don't blame me for this!"

 

"Shut up!" Kris groaned as he pressed the button on the remote control. His voice stopped the maknaes from bickering more and more.

 

"But, she was right. We should treat Daehyun nicely. He wasn't doing anything bad on her." Luhan sat beside Xiu Min and he looked at his friends. "Yeah. As long as he didn't do anything bad," Lay agreed.

 

That night, you couldn't sleep well. You turned to your side and tried to close your eyes but still, you didn't feel sleepy.

 

You hugged your bolster with your eyes were still opened. By that time, you saw a shadow passed at the window of your room. You sat up.

 

"What was that?" You bit your lower lip and feeling scared with what you saw. Bad thoughts appeared in your mind. What if there was a thief trying to sneak into your house? What if there was someone trying to do bad thing on you? You were scared and slowly, get off from the bed. You dragged your legs to the window, trying to be brave to take a look.

 

You opened the window and saw the shadow heading to the rooftop.

 

"…There must be a thief. What should I do?" You searched around the room to find something to protect yourself and you found an umbrella. You held and grasped it. There was a way to go to the rooftop of your house.

 

You knew that it was a bad idea to go by yourself when the fact there were twelve aliens in your house. You just didn’t want to wake them up from their sleeps and decided to handle it by your own. You headed to the rooftop and stepped carefully. Hands were grasping the umbrella and your eyes were locked on a figure that wore a black jacket. You could see the person by the help of the moonlight.

 

You stepped closer and lifted up the umbrella when you've reached closer to the stranger. Before you could hit him, he gripped your wrist and snatched the umbrella from your hand, making you to gawk.

 

"K..Kris…" His name escaped from your lips. You saw his eyes were staring at you. "What are you doing at here?" He asked, coldly.

 

"I..I.." "Were you going to kill me?"

 

You waved your hands in front of his face while shaking your head wildly, "No! I..I thought there was a thief so I came here to beat him!"

 

He let out chuckle and rolled his eyes, "Thief? Beat him? Nonsense. You didn't even protect yourself when the students bullied you at your school," he scoffed as he took a seat. You pouted, "Hey, you should be lucky that I didn't hit you with the umbrella."

 

"Yeah, whatever. Stop being brave."

 

You rolled your eyes and sat beside him, "Why you're here?"

 

"I should be the one asking you that," he said it arrogantly without making eye contact with you. "I couldn't sleep."

 

Then, it became silence. You were sitting a meter away from him. You bit your bottom lip, "Kris-ah…"

 

"...What?"

 

"You haven’t tell me about your power. And you're the only one that didn't speak much with me."

 

"So?"

 

"So, I want you to know about you like how I know about the others." You spoke.

 

"I don't like to tell about myself to anyone."

 

You turned to look at the side of his face. You examined his face, his shaped-nose, his lips and his jawline. You admitted, he's good-looking.

 

"Kris…."

 

"Go and sleep. I want to be alone for awhile," he spoke. You couldn't say anything about it and just nodded your head. You stood up and dragged your legs, "…Good night." You said before leaving him alone on the rooftop.

 

Just when you left, Kris let out a big sigh and looked up at the sky to see the stars.

 

And then, he looked down at his palm, looking at a necklace that he held in his hand.

 

 

 

 

 

I just need my time to be alone…

 

 


 

A/N: Kris is being cold....again. lol

 

      

 

Okay, first, trying to be a Picasso. What's next, Kris? -.-''

Lol  was he trying to make an UFO cake?