Acceptance

Married to Mr. Arrogant

 

They were in for a light conversation when you bowed again and sat down facing Jaejoong. He was looking out the window but he knew that you had arrived. The adults stopped talking and began to introduce themselves. Jaejoong glanced at them quietly.

“My name is Lee Chun Han,” your father started too formally, he as well was wearing his most formal suit. “Obviously Jaejoong, I am Lee ~~~~’s father. I am a chef and I own—“

“The Min Restaurant,” Jaejoong filled in a low serious voice. “You named it after your wife since it was established the day you met her. You have been best friends to my father since college.” He turned to your mother, “And you are Lee Min, a former nurse but pledged as a full time housewife when you’re daughter was born. You love to paint and cook as a hobby.” The way he said daughter has a hint that you couldn’t detect what it meant.

Impressed, your father pursed his lips. “My, you sure did your homework young man.” Everyone looked at him in approval, even you.

“Well, I’m sure Lee ~~~~ doesn’t know me yet.” Jaejoong’s mother clapped her hands and you sulked in embarrassment. “I am Kim Min-kyu, Jaejoong’s mother. I am a full-pledged housewife too! Never mind Jaejoong, he does everything his way. And I really want you to be my myonuri *daughter-in-law!”

He sure did, you thought in envy. Jaejoong’s father cleared his throat, “I am Kim Jin, and I flied back here from England just for this meeting. I heard your father has not discussed this yet, but we agreed to let you both get married seventeen years ago. I want a wife for my heir son that I’m close to the family, and your father, my best friend wanted that too. But then we parted ways for years and waited for this time to finally come.” He paused and grinned to your father, he grinned back like old times.

“We all know that you two must have known each other now since you both go to the same school so you will both get married next week.” He said firmly.

“But we don’t know each other!” You protested knowing how useless it is since everyone’s mind is up. You foolishly daydreamed Jaejoong will help you fight against too, but your chances are too low.

“We know, so it’s the chance you could get along.” Min-kyu said cheerfully. “The fixed marriage contract is valid in use exactly next week Wednesday.”

You glanced at Jaejoong, he doesn’t seem bothered. Has he accepted this already? “Kim Jaejoong,” your father called. “We’re sorry that ~~~~ is not that smart in Daewon for ranking the lowest, but I hope you’re well aware of the high educational standards in that school. We only forced her to enter so she could be accepted maybe in an Ivy League school. But either way, any school here in Korea will accept her despite how she is. She doesn’t know how to cook and she fails in a lot of things unless she’s motivated.”

You couldn’t believe what you were hearing from your father, he was like selling you out.

“I’m well aware of how she is,” Jaejoong met your stare briefly. “I accept her as a wife.” He and your father exchanged a long meaningful stare.

“Then it’s all settled.” Your mother said happily.

“But do you accept Jaejoong as a husband ~~~~?” Jin asked you.

As if I had a choice? Everyone has made the decision for me. You looked at Jaejoong, gazed at how perfect he looks for a boy and how every girl asks for him. “Yes.” You determinedly answered as if your life depended on it, and perhaps it does.

“Good, then you both could take a walk outside and get to know better.” Min-kyu tugged at Jaejoong’s arm and he stood up unwillingly.

You met his gaze again that made a funny feeling and followed him outside.