Gossip

Married to Mr. Arrogant

 

Clasping the padlock securely to your bike, Sunny saw you and grabbed your elbow. “The newlywed arrived in school separated?” She sticks her tongue on a rainbow colored lollipop.

                You walked her to the school parking lot before answering. “You don’t know how many cars were there inside his garage but you know I couldn’t drive even one of those utility sports cars. So there he left me to drive my good old bike.”

                She hopped up and down excitedly. “You have to show me your house and cars!”

                You took her hand. “Of course I will, sometime we’ll have a slumber party.”

                She led you up the front stairs of the school. “And the wedding was great by the way. So did the reception, the cake was yummy. I met a guy and his name was Max Changmin…. But wait hold it!” She gestured her palms like a traffic officer. “You mean to say Jaejoong didn’t drive you to school today?”

                You blinked. Sunny is always the girl with a bluffing brain like a loading Youtube video. “Yeah? That’s why I rode my bike remember?”

                “Then that means to say that nothing great happened last night?!”

                You covered with both of your hands and looked around the students that passed by. “Shut up Sunny, I already told you nothing will happen!”

                She broke free from you and laughed playfully. “You better seduce him girl!”

                “Oh shut it! Never talk about that to me ever again!”

                She shook her head and followed you pushing open the front glass door of the school. “Take my words cause you better do or you’ll ride your bike for the rest of senior year.” She mumbled.

                When you entered the school’s hall, everybody stopped talking and looked at you.

                “She’s the girl who got married yesterday.” Somebody muttered.

                “She looks so plain.”

                “Isn’t she one of the lowest in senior’s academic ranking?”

                “Yeah and they said she married Jaejoong! The smartest handsome guy! Can you believe that?”

                “No way! Kim Jaejoong? No!”

                “No worries, somebody said it was only fixed.”

                “Yeah who would want to marry her?”

                You looked at Sunny who looks as confused as you. “Did you by any chance tell them Sunny?”

                She shook her head fiercely. “How will I tell them?”

                “Like you posted a status in Facebook or something about the wedding? Pictures?”

                “Of course not! We promised to you!”

                You continued to walk as the students in groups stared at you and whispers. “Then how did they know?”

                Sunny thought briefly. Tiffany Hwang? It could be her, the guests are strictly private and no one would dare tell. Sunny was about to speak up when Lorraine came walking down towards you.

                “~~~~, we have bad news.” Lorraine whispered.

                You glance around the people. “Yeah I think we do.” She nodded to you, fully understanding your mind; she took your other hand and led you to the lockers.

                The girls that passed by you looked at you severely. You opened your locker and placed your bag. Taking your Trigonometry book and a notebook, you faced the puzzled faces of your friends.

                “How did they know this? If Jaejoong finds out I don’t now what will happen.” You blabbered.

                Lorraine’s cute still face spoke up. “Relax ~~~~, Jaejoong already knows. The girls crowded him when he entered school riding a Jaguar, some tried to ask him but you know how they’ll fail. But Jaejoong looks cool, like he doesn’t care.”

                “I don’t know and I don’t know how the school would treat me with news like this. I mean, look at how they look at me! It was like I killed their one and only heartthrob!”

                Sunny pinched your cheek. “Never mind them ~~~~, they’re just jealous and so am I! It was unexpected to you and so it is unexpected to them. But it’ll pass.”

                You took comfort from Sunny’s advice that it will pass. But as the afternoon progressed and you finally came face to face with Jaejoong, the gossip didn’t pass, and obviously when you stared at Jaejoong’s empty eyes, it will never ever pass easily.