Bad Impression

Married to Mr. Arrogant

 

                You are drenched wet from the rain when you arrived in front of your house and parked your bike. The rain continued to pour heavily down so you ran for the front porch blocked by a white limo.

                The sight of the expensive car made acid churn in your stomach. You swallowed nervously several times before going inside.

                He has arrived. It’s finally the fixed marriage meeting.

                You mentally planned to tiptoe as quietly as you can for your room and dry up but you know you wouldn’t succeed if they are in the living room, which is evidently where they were when you entered. Your parents stopped talking and everyone stared at you. You sheepishly looked at the three guests sitting in the living room but your gaze rested to Kim Jaejoong. Your eyes widened in disbelief and your jaw dropped.

                He was wearing glasses, something you’ve never noticed him wear, and a formal black suit like his father.  His face held no hint of surprise or shock. Instead he was serene-looking and looked at you critically from head to toe like a specimen in an experiment then he looked away before you could.

                 Your mother stood from her seat. “~~~~, why are you soaked wet?”

                You bowed before answering; “I had no umbrella Omoni.” You replied nervously.

                “I placed one inside your bag this morning because I heard from the news it will rain today.” She reasoned.

                You inspect your bag and held out an umbrella. “Oh,” You blushed red in humiliation.

                All the adults laughed except Jaejoong who gazed at you again but with furrowed eyebrows. From the way he ignores you distantly, you sensed he doesn’t like you at all.

                “Such a cute girl,” His mother, a baby-faced woman maybe in her mid-forties beamed. “Why don’t you shower first before we start this meeting? You might catch a cold.”

                Reading your expression she added “Don’t worry, we’ll be here waiting.” She was kind and you already seem to like her.

                Accidentally you slipped on your way for the stairs and everyone burst out laughing again. Feeling bad, you ran up without looking, fighting the urge to look back and stick your tongue out. You hurried to your room and took a quick shower. Lightly slapping your cheeks you thought how silly the impression you gave them. At least his mother thought it was cute, you tried to comfort yourself.

                You snatched your jeans and a flannel shirt and headed back down more cautiously this time.