The Wedding

Married to Mr. Arrogant

 

Sunny, Lorraine, Min-kyu and your mother stared at you with mouth hanging wide open. They were already fashionably dressed in their white gowns, make-up and hair. But they gave you more importance not because it’s your big day, but because you were really beautiful.

                “What’s wrong?” You asked them anxiously after enduring torrid make-up and curl irons.

                Sunny dragged you from your chair and made you face the vanity mirrors of the hotel room. “Go look at yourself.”

                The reflection in the mirror was not you. Your hair was a long waterfall of intricate curls, your eyes were wide and romantic and your wedding gown cascaded below your feet gently. You were indeed beautiful.

                Your mother and the girls took turns hugging you and took pictures of the blushing bride. Tiffany entered wearing a seductive fitting red dress holding your red roses bouquet. “Girls, the hotel’s chapel is all set and the wedding is about to begin.”

                Min-kyu, your soon to be mother-in-law in a matter of minutes, hugged you tightly again. “We’ll be out there waiting for you. Fighting!” She held out her fist in the air.

                “Fighting!” you held out yours too.

                The girls went out leaving you with Tiffany. She deliberately gave you your bouquet of red roses and you paused to smell them before smiling back at her.

                “Thank you Tiffany.”

                curled tightly into a smile. “Um…. ~~~~, I’ll teach you a technique in ring exchanging.” She paused to look at you sweetly.  

                “Oh, okay.”

                “In Brussels Belgium; modern brides before wearing the ring to her groom acts to accidentally drop his ring on the floor. The groom, acting on quick reflex, catches it midway before it falls. In that technique, you’ll know if your future husband will accept you still even if you made mistakes. You should try that!”

                “I don’t know… what if Jaejoong doesn’t catch it?”

                “Oh don’t worry, Jaejoong has quick reflex. And I already asked him if you could try it.”

                “What did he say?”

                She led you to the door “He said it sounds great.”

                And then you were out the hotel room and into the hotel’s grand chapel. Tiffany positioned herself in the front row. Good luck stupid girl. She grinned wickedly to herself.

                Your father is waiting in the opening of the aisle. He took your arm and the traditional wedding march filled the huge room. All the guests, only closely related family and friends stared at you and buzzed in adoration. You walked beside your father slowly.

                The white flowery garlands and red roses distracted you for a brief second, and suddenly the flowery aroma swept you. Your family did a good job decorating the chapel with expensive furnishings, particularly Min-kyu’s creative taste. It was a haven.

                Within seconds you were beside Jaejoong, handsome in his black tuxedo, standing beside his father Kim Jin. Your father took your hand and placed it to Jaejoong’s; a traditional gesture. His hand felt warm to your cold and shaking one as he led you to the altar.

                His face was composed but you notice a slight softness in his eyes. You took the advantage.

                “H-how do I look?”  

                He stared at you for a minute with a little glint of amusement. “Like a bride.”

                The minister did his speech and proceeded to the wedding vows.

                “I do,” you said and waited for Jaejoong’s reply.

                ‘I do,” he said in a velvet tone. He was devastatingly good-looking that any bride would melt. You snap your thoughts out.

                He inserted the diamond band in your finger. When you took out his ring from the ring bearer, you remembered what Tiffany said.

                You glance up at him and carefully took his hand. The ring suddenly felt heavy and fragile. This is it, this is the plan. You wanted to test Jaejoong. You let if fall down the carpeted floor, it rolled down to the ring bearer’s feet.

                Everyone in the room tensed for a moment then exploded laughing and applauding. Jaejoong’s composed face broke into an angered and annoyed expression. The ring bearer handed the ring to you and you took it blushing red hot. Why didn’t he catch it? I thought he knew the plan?

                “Babo,” Jaejoong whispered defiantly as you cautiously inserted the ring in his finger. You looked down on the floor when he pulled your veil up. You couldn’t look at his eyes as he quickly brushed his lips to yours, so fast that you barely felt it.

                The audience loudly applauded again.

                “At least there’s something funny to remember in this wedding.” Jaejoong’s father, Jin, who just flew back to Korea from Spain, patted his son’s back.

                Everyone gathered beside you, hugging you and Jaejoong congratulations. For a quick while, more pictures are taken especially with the family.

                But all those time, you felt Jaejoong mad.