Fast Hands

Married to Mr. Arrogant

 

“Um… hi,” you greeted shyly. It was the first time you attempted to talk to him but you had no choice since he’s your partner.

                “Hi,” He replied, almost making you jump, but he wasn’t looking at you. He began to open his book and read— completely indifferent to you.

                The panic was rising in your throat and you searched everyone in the room. Everyone’s perfectly at ease and working together. You gave up; no one’s ever worked with Jaejoong. He does everything on his own. Resigned, you took out a paper and started your own draft. If Mr. Chan wondered for whatever worst, I’ll reason out Jaejoong doesn’t like to work along, you thought to yourself.

                You only made bulleted ideas when Mr. Chan announced that in ten minutes all papers must be passed. Your hand shook and your cheeks heat up.

                If I don’t pass this, it would affect my grade! You thought. And this is completely nothing for Jaejoong but a stupid activity unable to damage his flawless grades!

                A hand snatched your draft paper and you glanced up at Jaejoong taking out a new sheet of paper. He stared at your draft for a second before he began to write down mechanically fast. You were amazed and stunned. He didn’t even paused to think his ideas; instead he continued to write down gracefully as if he had memorized the whole essay.

                Exactly when Mr. Chan called “Finish or not, pass your work.” Jaejoong dropped his pen, revealing the whole paper filled with words. He handed you your draft before standing up and passed the essay to Mr. Chan.

                When he walked outside, the bell rang. Momentarily frozen, your eyes fell to your draft and saw that he had corrected some of your grammar, encircled and marked with black ink.

                How insulting, you thought fiercely, unbelievably insulting! How dare he think I couldn’t help! You gritted your teeth and stashed your books before going out.