The Reception and DBSK

Married to Mr. Arrogant

 

The reception is only separated by two big wooden doors from the chapel room, so the guests easily glided there. You were instructed to wear a white dress suggested by Min-kyu, whom you proudly call shiomoni *mother-in-law.

                Jaejoong was so distant during the cake cutting of a thirteen layered vanilla cake. He wasn’t even smiling when the guests asked for another kiss. You felt his lips now, but they were lifeless. You tensed when he placed his hand in the small of your back, leading you to the first dance of the newlyweds. His face was calmer now as the two of you swayed the entire dance floor, being watched by everyone thinking how romantic it was. But it was anything but romantic.

`               Your father asked for your hand now and you were happy to break free from Jaejoong’s arms. “You look good together.” He commented when Jaejoong was out of hearing distance, dancing with his mom.

                “That’s what everyone said.” You said tersely.

                “What’s wrong? Aren’t you happy?”

                “I can’t be happy now, because we don’t know each other yet.” When you saw the concern in your father, “but I’ll try my best to be,” you added.

                “I won’t agree to this if I know you wouldn’t be happy.” He looked at you more seriously now, the way he looked when he’s cooking kibap. “Jaejoong maybe cold and distant in the outside, but I’m sure you can warm his heart like you could warm mine.”

                You laughed heartily with your father. You danced next to your shiaboji *father-in-law, who has poor balancing and skills in dancing. You ended up laughing and clapping when he danced a disco dance steps instead.

                A young man in black tux, about the age of Jaejoong or younger, bounced in front of you “Yah- Ahjussi! Can I dance with you? My name is Max—Max Changmin.” He beamed holding out his hand and when you placed yours to shook it, he twirled you, making you be wrapped around his arms.

                You blushed red. He traced your cheek with his fingers, making you blush more. “Ah, a blushing bride!”

                “Aish, Changmin!” Another young man in tux pulled Max away from you. “Keep your flirtatious acts from the bride!”

                “Aw, I was only having fun!”

                “Hi I’m Junsu Xiah.” Junsu held out his hand and shook yours. “Can I dance with you?”

                “No way, I asked her first!” Changmin took your hand again.

                “She wouldn’t want to dance with a jerk.” Junsu pulled your other hand to his.

                “Hey stop that, you’re hurting the bride!” A guy in white tuxedo stopped them in a commanding tone. “The name is Yoochun Park, congratulations! Can I take this dance?” The other two began to object.

                “Okay, okay! Take it easy guys. I’ll dance with you all just one by one okay?” You cut them out, surprised to gather an attention like this since no one even asked you out from school, let alone good-looking, prominent rich guys who are fighting over you now.

                “Wow, a beauty and free spirited! I like that.” Max looked at you through his lashes. He took your hand gently, making the other guys object again. He held out a stopping hand to them and nod upward.

                He wrapped his arms around your waist and you lightly placed yours around his neck.

                “Are you guys Jaejoong’s friends?”

                He snorted. “More like best friends.”

                “Oh yeah? Since when?” There were a lot of things that you don’t know about Jaejoong and you feared you wouldn’t get to know him at all.

                “Ever since we were born I guess. Our fathers were friends or business partners so we kids formed a brotherhood called DBSK.”

                You gasped. “Dong Bang Shin Ki? Isn’t that an organization of rich bachelors?”

                He held a mischievous smile. There’s more to that than an organization, he thought.  “Yes it is now since we’re all young business executives who will take over their father’s company. How did you know that?”

                You looked away sheepishly. “I’ve read it in a magazine somewhere but I didn’t pay attention to the picture.”

                “The Time magazine maybe,” He said smugly.

                The rest of the afternoon drifted into dancing all DBSK members. Every one of them were warmhearted and cool to you. If only Jaejoong could be a little like that.

                You caught him dancing with Tiffany. They were smiling. More importantly, Jaejoong was smiling! His smile was breathtaking and affecting that you would want to smile too, if the condition was different. But he was around Tiffany’s arms— smiling just for her.

                She caught your gaze and smirked at you proudly.