Clean-up

Married to Mr. Arrogant

 

The sprawling sunlight woke you up. You were already tucked in a thick blanket that wasn’t there last night when Yunho carried you to that sofa. You looked around and saw Jaejoong. His forehead was wrapped by a thin cloth and he was wearing an apron. He was mopping the floor briskly, his forehead creased in concentration.

                You yawned and sat up. “Good morning Jaejoong.” Your voice sounded dry so you swallowed.

                Jaejoong looked up at you for a split second but with narrowed eyes and continued mopping the floor. You shrug, thinking it was the normality you have to live with and got up. You searched for a cereal in the cupboard and the milk from the fridge. For a second, you thought if you would offer him breakfast but then your burnt bacon reminded you that it was better not to.

                You settled yourself at the dining table and watched him while you eat. He worked his way in absorption, which is boring since there was no expression in his face. You reached for the TV in the kitchen counter and watched cartoons. It was Ben 10 so you switched it to a news station.

                “Lee ~~~~ spilled last night at the DBSK’s conventional party in Les Seoul Hotel; about her strained fixed marriage. She said that young eligible Jaejoong was an abusive husband and hurts her physically. She also spilled that Jaejoong already has a third party, and as a matter-of-fact they’ve only been married for less than a week!” The Borbes news reporter said. Then a video of you last night flashed, but what you said was completely redone.

                The spoon fell from your hands and your mouth hung open. You scanned what you were wearing and what Jaejoong had been mopping. “No, no, no, no! I did not say that! They’ve completely revised what I said!” You took the remote and scanned the channels. You were all over the TV— an utter talk of the town.

                You bit your lip and looked at Jaejoong. He met your stare.  “I— I don’t know what to say.”

                He stopped mopping. “Then you shouldn’t have gotten yourself drunk.” He took the bucket of water with detergent and walked to the laundry room.

                You stood up and followed him. “Is that my vomit you’re cleaning?”

                He disposed the bucket in the drainage wordlessly.

                You crossed your arms and waited, but he didn’t say anything. “What were you doing leaving with Tiffany anyway?”

                He looked at you. “You really don’t know anything do you?” he walked out bumping your shoulder.

                “What do you mean I don’t know anything!? So what if you’re the smarty-pants in this house?” You yelled but he was far gone.

                You went back to the dining table and finished your cereal. After dumping the dish inside the dishwasher, you found a rectangle package lying on top of the counter. It has no name on it but curiosity gets the best of you. You ripped the wrapper and found a beautiful brown hardbound diary with a heart shaped locket necklace. You tried to open the diary, but it won’t budge open. You clamped both your hands and forced it to open, yet it still didn’t.

                Jaejoong walked down the stairs dressed in coat and tie. You ignored him.

                “You use the locket as the key.” He said and started to open the door.

                “Where are you going?” you asked.

                “I’ll clean up after your mess with my lawyer.”

                “Wait; do you know whom this came from? Is it for me? It looks girly, so I assume—“

                The door banged closed. “So nice talking to you.” you heaved a sigh. The locket fit perfectly against the double heart dents and it clicked open.

                You smiled, thinking Yunho must have given you the diary.