Waking Up

Married to Mr. Arrogant

 

You flipped the pancake into Jaejoong’s plate and settled it in the kitchen’s breakfast table. Jaejoong stepped down the stairs in his uniform.

                “Good morning Jaejoong-oppa, I made you breakfast!” You said as cheerfully as you can.

                  He glared at you and you notice the purple bruise like shadows beneath his eyes. What’s wrong with his eyes? You wondered silently. You had no idea that Jaejoong barely slept last night until it was two am in the morning.

                He sniffed and his eyes widened seeing the burned pancakes and bacon in his plate. “What the….?” He mumbled and looked up at you, “Can’t you cook?”

                “Why? It may look burned and all that but it’s edible.” You said slowly. 

                Wordlessly he rounded the table and the electric stove; he placed a frying pan and oil, and cooked perfect pancakes and toasted bacons. He worked easily, flipping and chopping in effortless manner. And he looks terrific when he concentrates, but you pushed the thought quickly away.

                He took out two plates and garnished the food before placing them neatly on the table. “Eat.” He ordered.

                Your stomach was already rumbling when you saw the plate and devoured the food hungrily. It was the most delicious pancakes you’ve ever ate. Satisfied, you chugged down a glass of milk. “Whoa that was delicious!”

                Jaejoong stood up after eating, placed his dishes on the dishwasher and stalked for the door. You hasten to catch up with him. “Jaejoong-oppa, are we going to school together?”

                “No, you drive the other car.” He opened the front door and stepped out the porch. You locked it and set the automatic alarms.

                “What other car? And I can’t drive.” You almost shrieked. What other cars could be out there at the modern- looking garage?

                Jaejoong headed for the steel garage and the automatic leeway opened up by his command. There were six shiny luxurious cars in front of you. Jaejoong climbed in a silver Jaguar and drove pass out the garage.

                “Yah! Wait! I told you I can’t drive!” You yelled.

                The windows rolled down. “Then drive your bike, I don’t care. But I don’t want us causing any talk in school.” That’s your punishment for not making me sleep last night. He thought to himself. With that he sped past the gate that swung open then closed again.

                You sigh heavily and pursed your lips tightly together. “I cant’ believe I married Mr. Arrogant!” You screamed but no one heard you but yourself.