Taking Two Hearts

Married to Mr. Arrogant

 

 

Yunho stared at your serene face as he lingered outside the gates of your house. You were hugging the seatbelt around you and shook your head from side to side and finally settled to the side facing Yunho— dreaming. He killed the engine and unbuckled his seatbelt.

            He studied your face. He looked into your sleeping eyes, your finely arched eyebrows and the long lashes resting in your cheek. He considered your small but angular nose and the fine standout cheekbones of yours that is flooded with a reddish tint effect from the alcohol. His gaze rested in your lips longer.

            He thought of how soft and fragile it seems. It’s also very red like the roses, and its smooth petals. He leaned closer.

            His breathing began to speed. He breathes out a breath that aired your face, making a smooth strand fall to your face. He tipped it to the side with a shaking finger.

            His heart drummed unsteadily as he leaned closer. He closed his eyes and inhaled the floral scent of yours; strangely there was no trace of alcohol scent in you even after gulping plentiful shots.

            “Jaejoong,” you said softly.

            Yunho stopped and opened his eyes. You were still asleep. He let out a wobbly chuckle and sat back to his chair. He took deep breaths to calm himself.

            “~~~~-ah” he shook your arm lightly.

            You bolted upright and blinked. “What? Oh where?” But you slammed down again at the seat and slept deeper.

            He chuckled. “Silly girl, you remind me of someone.”

            Yunho looked up the gate and locked eyes with Jaejoong, standing in the balcony of the second floor. Jaejoong narrowed his glance at him.

            Yunho took it as a sign and unstrapped your seatbelt. He carried you and waited for the gates to automatically swing open. Jaejoong was at the front door in an instant and looked at Yunho with a territorial expression.

            “Why did you leave her for Tiffany?” Yunho spat humorlessly. “Where did you go without your wife?”

            Jaejoong said nothing.

            Yunho fought the urge to punch him in the gut, because he knew his calm cousin wouldn’t fight back. Jaejoong opened his arms to take you but Yunho walked passed him inside the house. He settled you in the couch and went out wordlessly eyeing Jaejoong.

            Jaejoong watched from the porch as the black Mercedes Benz accelerated away. He his lower lip as he recalled from his mind when Yunho leaned in closer to you. He felt a hard pinch in his heart. He placed his hand to his chest.