Battle for Bed Rights

Married to Mr. Arrogant

 

The next day, Jaejoong got up earlier than you. He ate across the table with a reddish mark on his cheek. You wanted to ask him about it but he spoke up first.

            “Could we have a truce?”

            “A truce?” you held chopstick of sprouts close to your mouth.

            He sighed. “An agreement.”

            “Oh, okay. What about?” You stuck more sprouts in your mouth until it bobbed.

            “About the bed.” He cleared his throat. “I want you to sleep on another room.”

            You began to protest but he held a finger. “Okay I get it. You want that one bed.” He looked at you more sternly. “But I want it too.”

            “But—“

            He held out a finger again but this time he graced it sideways. “As a married couple, it’s natural that they share one bed for their lifetime. But you see it won’t work. How about I order another one like it?”

            You were suddenly struck that he was asking for your opinion just this once. “Uhm… no. I mean that will cost us.” You spoke automatically, being raised in a practical family made you think of more practical ways than easily spend money away.

            “But—“It was your turn to cut him off. You imitated his calm voice and he looked at you questioningly.

            “I say we just divide the bed just like a married couple. I’ll take the right and you take the left.” You smiled when he said nothing.

            “Fine, I’ll have it divided with something, a pillow or anything.” Maybe something like a metal bar in between!

“Is it a truce?”

            He changes the subject. “I’ll take you to school today since your tire can’t still be replaced until tomorrow. And one more thing, if we’re going to sleep again together, could you sleep like a normal girl, unmoving and not snoring?” He stood up and cleaned his plates.

            “Hurry up we’re gonna be late.” He ordered.

            What’s wrong with him? I’m pretty sure I sleep normally! You had no idea again what Jaejoong endured just to sleep for two nights straight. But now he failed his attempt to remove you from the glorious bed.