The Tutor: First Date

The Tutor/Second Chance

YoungGuk

I waited outside for Ha-Eun to wake up; I had finally had time to join Ha-eun for a run. Yesterday during the barbecue I found myself wandering off from Ye-eun's stories to think about Ha-eun. I wonder if Ha-eun had drink a lot or if she found a guy to take her out yet. The door opens and Mr. Park her father came out.

"Good Morning" I greeted with and he greeted me back. "Is Ha-eun awake yet?"

"She's getting ready. Are you two going for a run?"

"Yes sir."

Mr. Park walks back inside the house.

Ha-eun walks through the door and looks at me squinting. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I join you for a run."

"Finally sparing me some time? Ye-eun won't be mad?" She jogs down the steps.

"Why would she be mad?" I ask.

"Because you're her bestie and she hates it when you aren't available." Ha-eun starts walking down the drive way.

"She has YoSeob now." I walk behind her.

We start off with a light jog and when the one mile mark came up we started to do a full run until the three mile mark where we stop to take a water break. We were standing in front of my house. I dump out my full water bottle.

"Let's go inside. I'm out of water." I hold up my empty bottle for her to see.

Ha-eun nods trying to control her breathing.

 

Ha-eun

YoungGuk is filling his bottle with water and offer to fill mine up was well. I'm sitting at his kitchen island chewing on a piece of brownie that he offered me. It was a good brownie. He turns back around and hands me my bottle.

"You have a good appetite."

I nod still chewing.

"Want more?" He offers me the bakery box.

I shake my head glaring at him. "Trying to get me fat?"

He chuckles. "Just being nice."

I jump off my stool wiping my hands with a napkin. "You're YoungGuk, you're not nice."

"Yes I am."

"To Ye-eun."

"I've been pretty nice to you." He sounded angry.

"Yeah you have, why?" I walk closer to him to taunt him.

"No reason. I just feel like it." He backs up.

"Whatever Guk." I head for the door with him following me.

"How did your date go?" He asks me as we walk back up his driveway. "A second date soon?"

"Okay, he's sort of a creeper so there's not second date."

"Oh"

I turn to look at him because I swear I just heard him go all happy about me not having a second date. He turns to me and smiles. I hit his arm because of his uber happiness and run. We ran back towards my house and when we got there Ye-eun and Yoseob were there. Ye-eun was carrying a basket and Yoseob was carrying coffee from the cafe. Fresh coffee! I ran quickly towards Yoseob and snatch the coffee from him.

"I never knew coffee made Ha-eun this happy." Yoseob looks at Ye-eun.

Ye-eun rolls her eyes. "She's my sister I know everything about her."

"You don't know everything about me sis." I take a break from blowing my cup of happiness.

YoungGuk walks next to me. "I thought you two were going out of town?"

"We are." YoSeob hands him a cup.

"I invited my parents along as well." Ye-eun opens the trunk of their car to make room.

"Wait I'm home alone?" I stop blowing my cup of coffee. "In this house?"

"Scared?" YoungGuk tease me.

"Have you looked around? My parent's house is in the middle of nowhere dummy."

"Can you two get along for five minutes? I don't get how you two can run together." YoSeob shakes his head.

"We don't talk when we run duh." YoungGuk shakes his head back at YoSeob.

My parents came out of the house with a duffle each. They hug and kiss me goodbye and tells me to watch over the house for them before heading off. I look at YoungGuk who was still standing around for some reason. He waves when I don't say anything but kept staring at him. I wave back and shut the door hoping he get the clue to go away. I could hear him clucking outside before his heavy footsteps descended.

Night has fallen and I was stuck at home with no food. My mother had left money for me to fill the pantry and fridge but it was pass nine and all the stores close by were closed. I walk into the pantry and search for some instant ramen. On the bottom of the shelf I found a five pack instant noodle and decided it would fill me until morning. I walk out of the pantry and in the kitchen YoungGuk wave to me. I gasp and scream. I swear my soul jumped out of my body and then came back in.

"How did you get in?" I scream at him in horror.

"The door?" He points to the door in the kitchen. "It was unlock, which is not safe Ha-eun."

"I don't use that door much, I forgot to check."

"Good thing I came over." YoungGuk leans back in his chair.

I notice a brown bag on the table in front of him and almost ran over to him. "Please tell me you have food in that bag." I place the instant noodle on the kitchen island.

"Chinese." He grins.

I ran over and grab the bag. "OMG I think I love you."

"I'm very lovable." His grin grows.

I sit down across from him and empty the bag. Black bean noodles and orange chicken, I clap happily. YoungGuk place some can of beers on the table and slide me one of them.

"Drink up piggy."

I raise my can to him and he did the same back.

"To our first date." He chuckles.

Date? Is this a date? I drink my beer and ignore him.

 

YoungGuk

The room is spinning but we're still sipping on our beers. After eating dinner we move from the kitchen to the living room. Twilight is one and we're on the floor sitting next to each other snacking on fruits and chips with our beers. Ha-eun is a pretty good drinker but she's having a hard time sitting up now. We're both drunk.

Ha-eun sighs "Why can't I find someone for me like Bella and Edward?"

"You want a vampire boyfriend?"

Ha-eun laughs and calls me dumb.

"Why do you need a boyfriend Ha-eun? You're strong and brave you don't need a man."

"I...I want to be love. It get's lonely sometimes you know." Ha-eun leans on my shoulder. "I want what YoSeob and Ye-eun have. I want to be happy too YoungGuk."

"You will be piggy."

"No one wants me."

I grasp her face gently to make her look at me. "Say's who?"

"YoSeob, you..." A tear slides down her face. "Jay"

"Who's Jay?"

"My boyfriend...well my ex boyfriend."

"I didn't know."

"No one did. It was a few months after I left home. I learn YoSeob was dating and decided to move on." More tears came down her beautiful face. "Jay kept me away from my family and friends. I thought he was...he told me he..." Ha-eun shakes her head.

"What did he do to you?"

"He kept our relationship a secret. I thought it was because he was still going through a break up that he wanted us to keep it low for a bit but then a few weeks’ turns into months into years. I found out he was keeping me on the side while he dated and slept with other girls. He told me it was my fault, that if I just give him what he wanted he wouldn't have gone searching elsewhere. He used me for money. I paid for the apartment, his car, and his credit cards. I'm so dumb."

I wipe her cheeks. "No babe you’re not."

"I was so embarrassed I couldn't come home. I wanted to come home so bad but I didn't want to disappoint my parents, it has been three years since I left home. I stayed in the apartment and kicked Jay out. He tried so many times to come back but I told him no. I took one year to move on and get my life together so I could come home. I was waiting for the right moment to come home and that's when mom called me and told me Ye-eun was getting married. I quit my job and came home."

"You quit your job?"

She nods. "Jay works there as well and I couldn't stand it anymore. Watching him flirt with the girls and displaying affections publicly killed me." She looks up at me with big eyes. "Don't tell my parents."

"I won't."

She moves out of my grasp. "Thank you."

"I'm sorry that happened to you Ha-eun."

"So am I." She drinks the rest of her beer. "What's wrong with me? Why aren't guys attracted to me?" She looks at me pouting.

"You're beautiful Ha-eun." I lean forward and connect my lips with hers.

It must be the alcohol doing this but my mind knew what I was doing and honestly I didn't want to stop. I grab her cheeks and push closer to her. She was sweet and soft just like I imagine.