The Tutor: Run

The Tutor/Second Chance

Ha-eun

Waking up at six a.m. is normal for me, I have implanted my mental clock into my brain since I move and had kept it in. Mom and dad were still in bed and I decided to go for a run to kill some time. I usually run in the gym but the outdoors were calling me. I change into a sport bra and shorts throwing a sleeveless t-shirt on to cover up. Out side the air was still cool and clean perfect for my run. I plug in my ear buds and started running down the driveway.

I ran down a empty street and stop to look at the only house on the block. it was a beach house, white and huge. I stop in front of the house and wonder if any one was living in it. i can see the beach behind the house and really wanted to take a dip. The air had change and I was sweating like crazy. I check out the drive way and didn't see a car so i jump over the fence which wasn't too tall and made my way to the beach.

I dip into the water and relax as the coolness hit my skin.

"What are you doing here?"

I open my eyes and narrow them at YoungGuk who was standing next to my t-shirt and shoes. "What are YOU doing here?"

"I ask first piggy."

"Don't call me piggy." I walk out of the water covering my self.

"You're trespassing."

I reach for my shirt and pulls it on. "So are you."

"I live here."

My eyes widen, he lives here? "Since when?"

"I just purchase it."

"You're moving back into town?"

"No"

"Then why did you buy it?"

"It's a vacation home."

"Of course you're a millionaire I forgot." I pull on my shoes and stand up.

"Want some breakfast?"

I look at him if he was serious.

"What?"

"Nothing, I can't. I have to finish my run."

"Oh well I'll finish your run with you."

"No" I shake my head.

"Why not?"

"Because i like to run in peace." I start walking away.

He laughs walking behind me. he didn't say anything else but he was still following me. What was he doing behind me? He was too quiet.

I turn around and gasp. "Are you looking at my ?" I yell at him.

He doesn't say anything just grin and shrug.

"OMG you were!" I punch him but it doesn't even do anything to him.

"Take it as a compliment piggy." He walks pass me and I follow him unhappy of course.

YoungGuk

Ha-eun is keeping up with me which is surprising me. Ye-eun never exercises and the one time she try it she was heavily breathing in five minutes. We reach Ha-eun's parent's house and we slow down. Ha-eun pulls off her sweat soak shirt and hang's it over one shoulder reveling her slim body. I can't take my eyes off her so I stare until she turns to look at me.

"Want some water?" She asks wiping the swaet on her forehead.

"Are you going to poison me?" I ask teasing.

She glares at me. "I don't know come try it out."

I chuckle following her down the pebble drive way trying to keep my eyes away from her behind but I couldn't help it. We walk into the kitchen and she opens the fridge to grab two bottle of water, she hands me one and open the other for herself. I take a seat on one of the dining chair and grab an apple. Ha-eun sits across from me with a muffin.

"You burn off all those calories just to eat it all back in one muffin?"

Ha-eun nods and moans as she takes a bite. "So worth it."

I eat my apple and she finishes her muffin as her parents walk in. Her step mother gasps at her and her father was shooting imaginary bullets at me. I turn to Ha-eun she didn't look worried.

"Do you know how many calories is in that muffin Ha-eun?" Her step mother asks.

Ha-eun stands up and throws away the paper lining. She walks to her step mother and hugs her. "Yes mother but it's so good. Bake more for me."

Her step mother playfully slaps her arm away. "Go shower I'll bake some more later."

"What were you two doing?" Her father sits across from in the the seat Ha-eun was just in glaring at me.

"We were out for a run sir." I answer sitting up straighter.

"Are you guys...sleeping together?" He ask looking from me to Ha-eun.

"DAD!" Ha-eun yells not believing what he just said.

"Why are you ?" He points to Ha-eun.

"It's work out clothes." Ha-eun explains. "Besides even if I was sleeping with YoungGuk it's none of your busuness dad."

"Not my business?" He raises his voice and Ha-eun rolls her eyes.

"It's my business." Ha-eun walks over to kiss her father's cheek. "Besides I said IF. I'm not sleeping with him. So stop looking at him like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you're going to kill him." She looks at me smirking. "You're scaring him."

Her step mother walks over with a cup of coffee for her father. "Oh honey she's twenty-four she can do whatever she likes. I just never thought YoungGuk was your type." She looks at Ha-eun.

"He's not, he annoys me." She walks over to me and nods her head towards the front door. "Let's go before my dad decided to cut off your balls."

I say my good bye to her parents and exit the kitchen without looking like i was running for my life. Ha-eun was on the porch waiting for me. She started cracking up once the door close.

"That was not cool Ha-eun. You almost got me kill by your dad."

"That's for being mean to me."

"You're meaner."

"You deserve it. I'm going to go wash up now you should go home before my dad comes out here to check up on us."

I start walking down the porch but turn back. "Hey Ha-eun"

She turns back. "Yeah"

"Can I run with you tomorrow?"

She shrugs. "It's a free country, do whatever you want."