The Tutor: Revenge

The Tutor/Second Chance

YoungGuk

"You're crazy."

"No I'm not. You want Ye-eun don't you?"

"She's married and so is YoSeob. We can't break them up. If you wanted to do that you should have done it before they got married."

Ha-eun sighs. "Yeah I guess you're right."

"Look Ha-eun I know you were hurt because of them but they love each other. The only thing you can do is be happy for them.

"I don't want to be happy for them, it hurts too much. How do I move on from this?"

"I don't know Ha-eun. You just try. If you want to be better than them then the best revenge is living better and more happy then them."

"Okay teach me how then. Show me to be happy. Revenge help me get it."

 

Ye-eun sits across from me with a cup of coffee in her hand. I watch as she fills up her coffee with cream and sugar and wonder how Ha-eun was getting her coffee this morning. This was the only coffee shop in town and her mother only made instant coffee which she hates. Ye-eun waves her hand in front of my face.

"What?"

Ye-eun rolls her eyes. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a little tired. What did you say?"

"I ask if Ha-eun was giving you trouble?"

I haven't seen Ha-eun in two days. I've been busy in the mornings to run with her and we don't cross paths anymore since Ye-eun now lives with YoSeob. "No I kind of enjoy her company we run together in the morning and we like our coffee the same way."

"Straight up black coffee? Eww"

I sip my coffee. "How's the house coming along?"

"Good it's so weird living with someone. I didn't even know YoSeob knows how to cook. He has like all these small appliances for cooking that I don't even know how to use."

"You can’t even use the microwave." I chuckle.

"Shut up YoungGuk, I'm trying to learn. Mom is teaching me later."

"Good luck with that don’t send YoSeob to the emergency room."

Ye-eun ignores my comment and turn to the doors of the cafe. Ha-eun and their mother came in. Ha-eun was carrying some clothing store bags and her mother was carrying some groceries. Ye-eun stands up calling Ha-eun.

Ha-eun and their mother turn towards us and walk over.

"What are you doing here?" Their mother asks Ye-eun.

"I was just catching up with YoungGuk before I come over."

"Oh good I can leave with you so Ha-eun can continue her shopping."

Ye-eun looks at Ha-eun. "What are you shopping for?"

"Just updating my wardrobe."

Ye-eun nods slipping her coffee. "Well I think we better get going mom. There are lots that I need to learn."

"Alright then, here." Their mother hands Ye-eun some groceries bags. "Help me carry these."

We said our good byes and the mother daughter pair went on their way. While I was busy with them Ha-eun found herself a table on the opposite side of the cafe. She was reading something on her ipad with a cup of coffee in front of her. I pick up my ipad and cup to go sit across from her.

"What are you reading?" I ask sitting down.

She sips her coffee and replies "New York Times" without looking at me.

"Why are you reading a news paper for a country you don’t even live in?"

"It's call world news." She answers again not looking at me.

I'm pretty sure she is still mad at me for calling her crazy the other day but she was, who in their right mind break up a happy couple who are so perfect for each other? I understand Ha-eun is heartbroken but she has to move on. She has to see that Ye-eun and YoSeob are made for each other.

"So I'm having a barbeque this weekend want to come?"

Ha-eun is finally looking at me but the look she was giving me was asking if I lost my mind. "I'm busy."

"Doing what?"

"None of your business."

"Come on Ha-eun it'll be fun."

"Fun? Watching my sister being happy with the guy I love is not fun it's suicide."

"Zelo and I will be there as well, we'll keep you company."

"No thanks." She went back to her reading.

I need to persuade her to come and see that they were perfect together so she can get rid of her stupid plan. "Coming is better than staying home doing nothing."

"No one said I was staying home."

"Oh? Where are you going?"

"Like I said none of your business."

"You're just making this up aren't you? You don't have any friends here."

"I don't need friends to have fun."

"Oh god please don't embarrass yourself by going to the bar alone. Just come over my place the beer is free there."

Ha-eun rolls her eyes. "Why do you want me to come so bad? The last time I check you call me crazy aren't you scared of me? And for your information I have a date I'm not going to the bar alone."

She has a date? "Who is he?"

"Whoever he is you don't need to know him. I ask you to help me get revenge but you said no."

"And what kind of revenge are you getting exactly?"

"The one you told me about. The ultimate revenge, happiness."

She was trying to move on?

"You were right. I was crazy for thinking I could break them up. She is my sister."

"I'm glad you finally came to your senses."

Ha-eun goes back to reading her ipad and I sip on my coffee quietly as I watch the cafe go from crazy busy to quiet. We have been sitting here for two hours saying nothing to each other. Ha-eun closes her case flap for her ipad and stands. Where the hell was she going? Without saying a word to me she exits the cafe. I grab my trash and throw them into the trash as I follow her. I follow her down the street into a lingerie store? I stop outside and hesitated if I should go in or not. I don't know why I'm following her. I'm not bored or anything I have plenty of work to do at my new house. I push the door open and step into the boutique. The bells on the door signal my entrance and all the workers turn towards me with big smiles on their faces. I quickly search the store for Ha-eun.

"Hello sir can I help you with anything?"

I shake my head ignoring the lady. I don't know if I was too embarrassed to face her or if I just didn't care who she was. From the corner of my eye I spot Ha-eun searching through a bin of fabric.

"YoungGuk?" The sales lady said my name. I turn to look at her.

OhMiGod. It was Han Sunhwa, part of Ye-eun's group of popular friends in high school. She was the least attractive of the group but out of the whole school she was one of the best looking girls. She was from a rich family that grew rice. The last I saw her was on our graduation where she brag about going to Seoul University. What the hell happen to her and why is she working here?

"Sunhwa it's been a while. You work here?"

She nods. "My dad cut me off my supply of money. I refuse to marry the old guy he arrange for me."

"Oh, well it was nice seeing you again." I start walking towards Ha-eun I don't really care what happen to her she was a to me in high school.

 

Ha-Eun

 

I could see YoungGuk making his way towards me with SunHwa on his trail. I was hoping he be too chicken to come in here but he got some balls. I throw the lace undies in my hand back in the bin and cross my arms on my chest as I wait for YoungGuk to come closer.

"What are you doing?" I ask as soon as he got close enough.

"Shopping."

"Can I help you two with anything?" SunHwa ask.

"It's been a while SunHwa. Are you doing okay?" I ask her.

I remember mom calling me after I left home to gossip about SunHwa. I didn't care really about what was going on with her since she was such a to me in high school but I did feel sorry for her in a way. She got drag back to this place from Seoul just so her dad could marry her off to a rich guy, who was twenty years older than her. In the end she refused and got kicked out of the family and became poor.

SunHwa plaster a fake smile on. "I'm pretty sure you heard what happen. It was hard at first but I'm learning."

I nod. "I'm proud of you."

"Me too." She gave me a real smile for my praise.

I don't know if she has truly change her way but I am proud of her for following her heart and proving to herself and the world that she was okay even without her father's money.

"Are you done here?" YoungGuk ask.

I roll my eyes at him. "No one told you to come in here."

"Are you two dating? Weird I always figure it would be Ye-eun and YoungGuk. YoSeob is too nice for Ye-eun she'll run all over him." SunHwa looks from me to YoungGuk.

"We're not dating." I inform her. "As for YoSeob and Ye-eun, opposite attracts you know. YoSoeb can be scary when he needs to so I'm not too worried about him getting push around by Ye-eun."

"You two make a cute couple." SunHwa steps back observing us.

There goes that word again cute. What the hell does that mean anyways? I grab a hand full of undies and head towards the fitting room. I don't want to be a cute couple. I want to be a perfect couple. Someone who understands me and makes up for my weakness. Someone who will make me happy and I don't see YoungGuk as any of those for me. Besides he's best friends with Ye-eun and YoSeob, I need to explore other people who isn't in the same group as them. I want to prove to them that I will get the ultimate revenge. I WILL BE HAPPY.

 

======================================================================

A/N: Hello readers it's been a while! The reason for that is my computer is currently broken and I have no way of typing and updating.

I'm still trying to fix my computer, it's nothing serious just a broken cooling fan that can be fix if i have all the right equipment but I don't so the process of it being fix is being delay. Besides that I'm currently on an intern at a doctor's office so yeah most of my time is working for free and no time to do anything else. I hope this little update will keep you guys intreasted for a while.

Until I fix my laptop or get time to use my brother's laptop(like today) I will see you guys later!

Have a good day/night where ever you guys may be.