Second Chance: Getaway

The Tutor/Second Chance

Ha-eun

Zelo and Naeun took Iris for the weekend since they haven't been around much. Iris miss them as well so YoungGuk and I let her spend the weekend with them. They treated her as if she was theirs so there were no worries. Besides YoungGuk had a charity dinner in JeJu that he had to attend and was bring me along so we needed a babysitter for the weekend anyways.

Before we left Naeun took me shopping for a dress and more appropriate clothes as the wife of YoungGuk. I ended up with a lace and satin peplum dress for the dinner and then some skinny dress pants in black and gray (name brand) with some crisp white button down shirt and some blouses for casual wear. Naeun even talked me into buying a pair of Jimmy Choo's; a pair of black patent leather strappy sandals called Lance.

After kissing Iris good by YoungGuk and I loaded the car with our bags and headed to the airport. As soon as we got to the hotel he went straight to work. I unpack our things into the closets and order room service for lunch. After lunch I took a much need nap and got back up an hour later when YoungGuk came back from his meetings.

"Did you eat?" I ask as he loosens his tie.

"Umm" He plops on the bed and close his eyes.

"I called Iris. She's having fun and forgetting us."

"What's she doing?"

"Going to the aquarium. It's her favorite place."

"Mine too." YoungGuk sat up and rub his face. "Want to go out? The hotel has tours we can go on and stuff."

"You're tired. I'm fine with hanging here so you can sleep."

"It's your first time here isn't it? We have to go to all those tourist attractions. Just let me take a shower and change then we'll go."

 

YoungGuk

I can't believe he is actually flirting with her. I introduce Ha-eun as my wife didn't I? Why is this prick hitting on her? I grab onto Ha-eun and move her closer to me. I can tell she's getting uncomfortable with his flirting as well. She's just being nice about it since it's her first appearance with me. After another five minute I pull us away from the old creep and take her to the bar.

"Oh thank god we got away. He's such a creep." Ha-eun throws back a shot.

"I was debating if I should knock him out or not. I introduce you was my wife and he goes on flirting with you."

"I'm just glad we got away."

Another couple sat down next to us and orders their drink. The woman turns to look at us and smiles.

"Hello, I don't believe we've met yet. I'm Sunhwa." She stuck her hand out to shake Ha-eun.

Ha-eun politely smiles back. "Ha-eun."

"So you're YoungGuk's new wife huh? I never thought I see the day he settles down. I mean come on a stud and a player like him never gives a girl like you the time of day. He usually have a model or hanging on his arm."

Who the hell was this lady telling Ha-eun all these things? She didn't look familiar. Was she one of my many drunken hook ups?

"Who are you?" I ask standing up in my seat to get in between Ha-eun and her.

Sunhwa rolls her eyes. "Of course you would forget it’s so like you YoungGuk; always going through woman like candy never remembering their face or name. I don't understand why she even married you. You're going to break her YoungGuk, just look at her. She's not thick skin enough to put up with you."

Ha-eun sighs behind me and pushes me aside. With a quick movement she threw her drink at Sunhwa.

"I married him because he wanted to marry me and our daughter. I understand that he will hurt me in the future because no marriage is ever smooth sailing but I have been hurt by him and here I am married to him happily, I might add. You don't have to worry about us. We'll be living just fine. Don't be so y because he married me and you're one of the easy drunken girls he slept with." Ha-eun grabs my hand. "Let's go, I'm not feeling too good."

 

I open the door to our hotel suit and let Ha-eun get in first. The thud of her heels hit the floor before I hear her yawn. I take off my own shoes buying time to talk to her. The car ride back was silent and uncomfortable. She wasn’t  happy I understood that.

"Oh" Ha-eun stops by the small kitchen in the suit where a vase of roses along with wine and strawberries sat on the table. "They left wine and strawberry." She picks up a strawberry and bite into it. "Umm"

"I thought you might like them."

"You did this?"

I nod. "Girls usually like these things."

She rolls her eyes. "Yeah, you should know."

Not going to lie that statement hurt. Honestly speaking yeah I enjoy women in the pass but I've never done anything like this. I never order flowers or buy anything for them. Women to me were always bam-bam thank you ma'am and goodbye. There were never any emotions evolved. Hearing her say that to me just now really made me feel like a jack but I was trying to be different with her.

"Whatever" I push pass her clearly hurt.

Ha-eun walks into the bedroom where I'm trying to un-cuff my cuff links in front of the mirror. She sees me struggling and cautiously approaches me. Taking my hand into her small ones she undoes the cuff links from one hand to the other. Her eyes stay on the links trying to avoid me.

"Sorry" She whispers looking up at me. "It was sweet of you to do that. It's just the things that girl was saying...I shouldn't have let the things she said take over my feelings. I don't want to be like other girls for you. I'm your wife...and I don't plan on letting you walk out on me like you do them."

I cup her face and dip down to kiss her. "You're not like them...you're so much more Ha-eun. You're the only one I've have ever bought flowers for. Not even Ye-eun."

"Thank you." She pulls her bottom lip between her teeth. "I have the wine ready to drink on the balcony. Come join me?"

"If you want me to."

She nods. "I want."

We change into our pajamas and met on the balcony. The night life was in full bloom and the sight of the twinkling buildings made the nightlife even better. Ha-eun sat on the balcony rail causing me to almost have a heart attack.

"Please come down from there Ha-eun you're scaring the life out of me."

She chuckles sipping on her wine. "It's safe. It's made from concrete and wide enough to support me."

"I don't like imaging you falling back and then falling to your death. Iris still needs her mommy."

She throws her head back and laugh. I was getting too inpatient now so I march over to her and place my hands on her waist pulling her towards me and off the rail. Ha-eun wraps her arms around my neck and giggles into my neck sending unwanted signals south. The little cotton shorts expose more legs as she wrap her legs around my waist. She was getting a little too bold and I knew exactly where her courage was coming from.

"How many glasses did you have already?" I ask her as I walk us over to the patio furniture.

"I don't know...ummm four?" She lifts her head up. "I'm not drunk...just a little relax."

"Well let's keep it that way."

I place her on the loveseat and hand her water. She thank me and drink the whole glass quickly. With my hands I gently push some of her hair away from her face.

"Better?"

She nod.

"Good, we're picking up Iris tomorrow. I don't think she will be too happy if her mommy has a headache and can't play with her."

Ha-eun pats down next to her. "Sit"

I settle down next to her and let her lay her head on the crook of my arm.

"Do you regret it?" She asks softly.

"What?"

"Leaving...leaving Ye-eun. You could have stay and be with her. Everything could have been different."

"Honestly?"

She looks up at me and nod.

"Yes...at first but thinking about it. It wouldn't have work out. She was in love with YoSeob then as well. I was always best friend and will never be anything more to her. I would have been in the same position if I have stay." A moment of silence passes before I ask her the same question. "Do you ever regret it?"

"Regret what?"

"Being with me...having Iris."

"No...it was hard but if I could change it again I wouldn't. I love Iris and being with you gave me her. Sure I was scared being alone and pregnant but being through that made me who I am. It made me stronger for her. I was going to bring her into this world and I was going to love her to death, I needed strength to do that. Being alone taught me to ignore rude people and forgive them for being stupid. Having her made me forgive you...I was so hurt and never thought I stop being angry with you but as soon as Iris was placed in my arms I let everything go. It was you who gave me her, how can I stay mad at you?" Ha-eun had tears running down her cheeks. "Thank you for giving me her."

"Don't cry Ha-eun." I wipe the tears away. "It was you who brought her into this world. Don't think me. You did it all on your own and did a wonderful job at it. Thank you for not giving up on her and for giving me the chance to love her."

I wipe her tears again and then kiss her like she deserves to be kiss. I only hope she would let me love her like she deserve to.