Second Chance: Jay

The Tutor/Second Chance

HaEun

I was missing home and ready to leave the next day when I get done speaking to the doctor about my father's health. Mom has been stressing out so I had decided to stay a couple more days just to make sure she wasn't over working herself. Iris and YoungGuk calls me every night and tells me about their days. I really miss them and can't wait to go home to them.

My dad and I had been getting closer to actually talking to each other but with our stubborn selves there hasn't been much of a progress. He did ask me about Iris and how my delivery went. It was the first real conversation I had with him in a while and I miss him. I wish he would find it in him to forgive me and my past. He's my dad and I know he loves me but it still hurts to be on non-talking terms with him.

I started loading my belongings into my car for the morning ride tomorrow when a Jeep pulls into my parent's drive way. I shut the door to my car and waited for whoever was in the car to get out. It took a while but the person in the car finally emerge from the car.

"What are you doing here?" I step back.

"I came to look for you." Jay held up his hands to show me he was harmless.

"Why?"

He looked at the house and then to me. "I messed up; I'm sorry Ha-eun."

 

I could see my dad giving me the "You're making a mistake" look as I took off with Jay. Jay said he wanted to talk and I didn't want my dad to see this. I never told them about Jay and I don't think my dad will stop until Jay was dead if he found out what had happen. Don't get me wrong I don't love Jay or have feelings for him anymore but still I didn't want to see him dead. My dad is one scary man with his gun.

We stop in town for coffee. I told him I only give him an hour of my time. He agreed and told me if by the time one hour was up and I still didn't feel the same way about him he would leave. He open and held the door for me like he use to on his good days. I use to think he was everything and charming when he held the door for me or held my hands in public. I was having good memories of us until I remember he was only ever a gentleman towards me when he needed something from me.

He pull out my chair for me and I thanked him. If he had been serious with me all those years ago I believe we could have made it. I wouldn't have Iris or YoungGuk if that was the case so I thanked god for making me see Jay's true intentions and made me left. I do admit all my life I had made mistakes but leaving Jay was never one of those.

"Are you married?" He stared at my hand.

"I am. I also have a daughter. She's four."

"Wow you didn't waist anytime getting over me did you?" He frowns.

I frown back. "It wasn't really hard when I think of all those girls you cheated on me with." I roll my eyes. "You don't have the right to comment about me and my choices."

"You're right, I'm sorry. It's just you wouldn't even let me...we never got intimate and right after you left me you jump into bed with some guy and got pregnant."

"He's not just some guy, he's my husband and the father of my child. You're talking as if I owe you my body when I kept a roof over your head and fed you while you cheated on me." I stand up getting angry and regretting coming here with Jay. "You know what I thought I come with you and hear you out and talk so we could finally let everything go but no you have some nerve to sit there and talk about me like you are disgusted with me when I should be the one talking about you and how disgusted I am about you. It's a good thing I didn't sleep with you back then. Who knows what I would have caught from you."

I storm out of the coffee place with Jay right behind me. He was angry and as I remember when he got angry he got abusive. He grab my arm and yank me back. Pulling me into an ally way he push me against the wall. I got the wind knocked right out of me. I gasp for air and fought back. I didn't want to think about what he was planning to do to me.

"Let me go!" I push him.

"I'm sorry Haeun. I just need you to listen to me." He was shaking and being frantic. "I have no one else to turn to. I thought of you and you were always so nice and kind. You were mine and I let you slip away. I'm sorry, I just...I love you."

I push him away from me again. "Let me go!"

"Please" He place his forehead on mines and I wanted to throw up.

"NO!" I push him again and this time he actually moved back.

"You !" He strike me across the face. "I loved you Haeun. Why can't you love me!"

I held onto my cheek. "Love me? Is this what you call love? You never loved me all you did was use me because I was stupid and thought I loved you. Well I'm not that girl anymore Jay."

"HEY! What are you guys doing?" A police man called from the end of the ally.

Jay panic and ran off leaving me there confused. Something was wrong with him. The police man stops in front of me concern.

"Ma'am are you alright?"

I nod. "He didn't do much damage."